• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who do you think is next for Smash 4 DLC?

When do you think we'll get our next DLC Character?

• Total voters

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
So if you go back and look at the "clones" such as Wolf, Falco, Lucario, and Luigi (Are you ****ing serious?). You'll see that they have completely different Tilts, Aerials and Smash Attacks. Hell, some of these characters share only 1 B move with the characters they are so called "clones" of.
Not exactly "completely different".
Wolf have the same Bair
Falco have the same DSmash, USmash, Ftilt, Dtilt, DA, etc
Lucario have... okay he has nothing but some similar FSmash stuff.
Luigi have the same Ftilt, USmash, DSmash, Nair, Bair, Uair, etc

But yeah, the point is the same, MOST of them are unique.

Not for Falco and Luigi, they are legit Semi-clones.

Thegreenblur

Smash Cadet
Not exactly "completely different".
Wolf have the same Bair
Falco have the same DSmash, USmash, Ftilt, Dtilt, DA, etc
Lucario have... okay he has nothing but some similar FSmash stuff.
Luigi have the same Ftilt, USmash, DSmash, Nair, Bair, Uair, etc

But yeah, the point is the same, MOST of them are unique.

Not for Falco and Luigi, they are legit Semi-clones.
You get my point though, those characters are not complete clones. Especially in Wolf and Lucario's case.

Chico2099

Smash Apprentice
I never said anyone was a complete clone but, Lucario is for sure without a shadow of a doubt a Mewtwo clone and Wolf is a Fox Clone. As I recall this thread is about who do you think is next for dlc not who are clones and who are more clone than who. How about we just switch back to the subject matter. I simply said I thought Wolf and King K Rool were the most likely for dlc even though I did not want them and that at least King K Rool would have an original moveset. I never made a big deal about Wolf being clone but, you have to admit his moveset is not original. Anyways then somebody got upset cause they want Wolf and things went astray from there. So I've said what I got to say if I could have it my way Wolf would never make in back in Smash and K Rool would make it in the next but, not as DLC, however, that's not going to happen they are both most likely coming in as DLC for Sm4sh. I would much rather have Isaac tough. I really don't think we are going to get but, about three more dlc characters. If we get more I'll be happy but, I doubt it. Now with that said, even if Wolf is DLC even though I would rather have someone else I will still buy him. I really wanted other dlc thank lucas and roy but, I bought them as well. I'll pretty much buy any character they release as dlc regardless of clone status. I would always rather have someone with a unique moveset though like Ryu. I was very satisfied with the Ryu DLC.

Thegreenblur

Smash Cadet
Okay, Wolf aside who I can sort of see how you'd get to that assumption...why do you think Lucario's a Mewtwo clone?
Let me answer that for you. He's one of those kids who thinks just because characters share one move it means they're clones. I sound like a broken record now but might as well call Mewtwo and Lucario clones of Samus because she came first and has a similar neutral B. And Robin is a Ness clone because they have similar side Bs. See how stupid this sounds? Well people genuinely think Lucario is a Mewtwo clone. Which is complete ass.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Let me answer that for you. He's one of those kids who thinks just because characters share one move it means they're clones. I sound like a broken record now but might as well call Mewtwo and Lucario clones of Samus because she came first and has a similar neutral B. And Robin is a Ness clone because they have similar side Bs. See how stupid this sounds? Well people genuinely think Lucario is a Mewtwo clone. Which is complete ***.
If this is the case isn't it odd Mewtwo and Lucario get this a lot?

After all; how many times have people mistaken Ike for a Marth Clone since they both have counters?

I'm seriously hoping the answer is Zero.

Thegreenblur

Smash Cadet
If this is the case isn't it odd Mewtwo and Lucario get this a lot?

After all; how many times have people mistaken Ike for a Marth Clone since they both have counters?

I'm seriously hoping the answer is Zero.
No, people call Ike a Marth clone too. And the reason why people call Ike a Marth clone and Lucario a Mewtwo clone (Don't Forget Samus :p ) is because people are idiots frankly. Although it may steam from the fact that Ike replaced Roy (a fan favorite) and people were coming up with blind excuses to hate Ike and make the development team seem like hypocrites (get rid of a clone and bring in another. Which isn't true). And it stuck with a select few idiots. Same thing goes for Lucario (aside from the getting rid of a clone part). He replaced Mewtwo and people were crying saying some cheap Mewtwo knock off clone replaced their almighty Mewtwo. That too, stuck with a select few idiots.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Same thing goes for Lucario (aside from the getting rid of a clone part). He replaced Mewtwo and people were crying saying some cheap Mewtwo knock off clone replaced their almighty Mewtwo. That too, stuck with a select few idiots.
The stupid thing is, Lucario never actually "replaced" Mewtwo at all! Mewtwo was planned to be in Brawl alongside Lucario all along, but he ended up getting cut for time! Based on what we know, he was essentially the first one out!

...But yeah. It seems we're getting off topic.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
With Mr. Sakurai's recent comments on it "all being fan service from here" coupled with how he may be done with the veterans, I'm starting to think that might end up impacting Wolf's chances severely. How likely does everyone think he is as of now?

StormC

Smash Hero
With Mr. Sakurai's recent comments on it "all being fan service from here" coupled with how he may be done with the veterans, I'm starting to think that might end up impacting Wolf's chances severely. How likely does everyone think he is as of now?
About the same. He's an insanely popular request, arguably the most worldwide, has relevancy with SF Zero and is easier than most characters to make with his Brawl assets handy.

He just might not be preballot anymore.

Last edited:

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
Wait, somebody is actually un-ironically calling Lucario a Mewtwo clone? Dear lord lmao.

Thegreenblur

Smash Cadet
About the same. He's an insanely popular request, arguably the most worldwide, has relevancy with SF Zero and is easier than most characters to make with his Brawl assets handy.

He just might not be preballot anymore.
I'm really hoping we get at least SOMEONE before the ballot. My question is, who could it be if not Wolf? Issac? Shauntae? Or maybe Nintendo struck a deal with Konami (highly unlikely) and we could be getting back Snake. Or 2 Konami characters like maybe Snake, Simon Belomont, and then another veteran (if not wolf, idk maybe Squirtle or Ivysaur) (which would fit with how they released the DLC last month) But either way, I see them adding back in Wolf. Sakurai has proved he listens to his fans and Wolf is a world wide popular character. Who knows, they may throw us a curve ball and release Banjo and Kazooie or some **** (if they somehow managed to strike a deal with Microsoft)

StormC

Smash Hero
My question is, who could it be if not Wolf? Issac? Shauntae?

If Sakurai has indeed started to develop ballot characters since before E3, K. Rool is most likely the character with the most votes, as many would have acquiesced from voting for Wolf due to feeling that he was a shoe-in, and only now are people mobilizing to vote for him on the ballot.

Chico2099

Smash Apprentice
lol how can any of you actually think Lucario is not a Mewtwo clone? I never said there was anything wrong with it but, he is.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Wolf and hopefully a RH character

Smash Ballot character next year before NX kills the wiiu

Thegreenblur

Smash Cadet

If Sakurai has indeed started to develop ballot characters since before E3, K. Rool is most likely the character with the most votes, as many would have acquiesced from voting for Wolf due to feeling that he was a shoe-in, and only now are people mobilizing to vote for him on the ballot.
I don't see K Rool being a Pre Ballot character. I'm positive he'll get in, but as a Ballot character. I meant who could we get before the ballot because I see them releasing someone with the upcoming content patch this August (with tournaments, the classic stages, Youtube support etc) Who knows, maybe K. Rool will be pre ballot. Im just excited to see how they'll make a trailer for K. Rool XD

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I'm expecting Wolf and Chorus Men...MAYBE, if they work differently from Ice Climbers, as Pre-Ballot DLC.

But I'm mostly just expecting Wolf.

If Wolf doesn't get in I'll be shocked.

Talpr1

Smash Journeyman
lol how can any of you actually think Lucario is not a Mewtwo clone? I never said there was anything wrong with it but, he is.
How can they be a clone of each other when the only remotely similar attack they have is Aura Sphere/Shadow Ball, which aren't even identical?

Thegreenblur

Smash Cadet
This is the last time I'm going to say this, after this any posts regarding clones will just be deleted.(Im gonna sound like a broken record) Lucario is not a ****ing Mewtwo clone. By your logic that means Mewtwo is a Samus clone because they share the same neutral B. And Robin is a Ness clone because they share the same side B. Charizard is a Bowser clone because they share the same neutral B. Bowser is a Yoshi clone because they share a down B. Mewtwo is a Mario clone because they both have side Bs that reflect projectiles. Ike is a Marth clone because the share a down B. Snake is a Samus clone because their side Bs shoot missiles. And on top of Ike being a Marth clone because they share similar down Bs, that means Greninja, Little Mac, Shulk and Palutena are also Marth clones. Pit is a Link clone because they share a neutral B that shoots arrows. Squirlte is a Mario clone because FLUD and Squirtles hydro Pump are exactly the same. Ryu is a Mega Man clone because they share an Uppercut kill move. King Dedede is a Kirby clone because they share a neutral B (except Dedede cant copy) Hell, Peach is also a Yoshi clone because one of her strongest moves involves her ass. See, thanks to your logic now half of the roster are clones. I'm sure I missed a few but you get my point. Your logic is flawed, now please shut the **** up and lets get back on topic.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
I don't see K Rool being a Pre Ballot character. I'm positive he'll get in, but as a Ballot character. I meant who could we get before the ballot because I see them releasing someone with the upcoming content patch this August (with tournaments, the classic stages, Youtube support etc) Who knows, maybe K. Rool will be pre ballot. Im just excited to see how they'll make a trailer for K. Rool XD
I'm not saying he's a pre-ballot character, I'm saying if Sakurai picked a ballot character before E3 to already develop (as his Famitsu interview has him stating he's already started looking at votes), then K. Rool is probably the most likely choice for the character he's already started working on since Wolf fans didn't mobilize on the ballot until after E3.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
This guy *has* to be a troll; based on how he keeps suggesting how right he is without actually giving evidence of replying to contrary evidence.

Just sayin', outside of a neutral B that behaves super differently but is a similar projectile style, they share nothing, not animations, not normal moves, final smash, anything. On top of that, Lucario is one of the most unique characters in the game because of his aura mechanic.

But seriously. The ****.

Here I go getting trolled again...

Chico2099

Smash Apprentice
Warning Received
This is the last time I'm going to say this, after this any posts regarding clones will just be deleted.(Im gonna sound like a broken record) Lucario is not a ****ing Mewtwo clone. By your logic that means Mewtwo is a Samus clone because they share the same neutral B. And Robin is a Ness clone because they share the same side B. Charizard is a Bowser clone because they share the same neutral B. Bowser is a Yoshi clone because they share a down B. Mewtwo is a Mario clone because they both have side Bs that reflect projectiles. Ike is a Marth clone because the share a down B. Snake is a Samus clone because their side Bs shoot missiles. And on top of Ike being a Marth clone because they share similar down Bs, that means Greninja, Little Mac, Shulk and Palutena are also Marth clones. Pit is a Link clone because they share a neutral B that shoots arrows. Squirlte is a Mario clone because FLUD and Squirtles hydro Pump are exactly the same. Ryu is a Mega Man clone because they share an Uppercut kill move. King Dedede is a Kirby clone because they share a neutral B (except Dedede cant copy) Hell, Peach is also a Yoshi clone because one of her strongest moves involves her ***. See, thanks to your logic now half of the roster are clones. I'm sure I missed a few but you get my point. Your logic is flawed, now please shut the **** up and lets get back on topic.
Lol you silly.

This guy *has* to be a troll; based on how he keeps suggesting how right he is without actually giving evidence of replying to contrary evidence.

Just sayin', outside of a neutral B that behaves super differently but is a similar projectile style, they share nothing, not animations, not normal moves, final smash, anything. On top of that, Lucario is one of the most unique characters in the game because of his aura mechanic.

But seriously. The ****.

Here I go getting trolled again...
All the evidence you need is to play as Mewtwo and then play as Lucario.

Last edited by a moderator:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I think Wolf (de-cloned) and then maybe Isaac? :awesome:
I don't really think Wolf needs de-cloning. He's already significantly different from Fox and Falco, to the point where he's a semi-clone at best (much like Lucas).

Either way, I could easily see him being the next in line for DLC.

Last edited:

shane3x

Saint of Swords
Just give Wolf a different Final Smash and I'll be content.
It would be nice, and then I remember I don't play with items so I wouldn't be bothered if they did keep it haha.

I'm sure Sakurai would be fine with giving him a few tweaks to make him even better like he has with other DLC characters so far. The Brawl engine did have its own quirks to it so I'd imagine a few changes at the minimum may be needed to make sure things translate nicely (From physics to frame data etc...) and he doesn't end up as the worst character in the game or something. I'd hate for him to be included to only end up literally the worst character. Falco was a bit rubs at the start of Smash 4 compared to previous iterations and it seems it'll be a while before DLC characters get any tweaks via balance patches.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
3DS Roster.png

My thoughts basically put into a roster. Wolf, Snake, and ICs pre ballot, the rest post ballot.

Flor@

Smash Apprentice
View attachment 60708

My thoughts basically put into a roster. Wolf, Snake, and ICs pre ballot, the rest post ballot.
I admit, the roster would be something pretty impressive with
Roy, Ike, Marth, Robin,
Ryu,
Snake, Ice Climbers, Wolf,
Captain Falcon,
Samus,
Little Mac,
Kirby, King Dedede, Metaknight,
Mario, Peach, Luigi, Bowser,
Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, King K. Rool,
Link, Ganon, Zelda, and Shiek,
Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Lucario,
Megaman, Pacman, and Sonic
all together in one game.

It would feel so much more complete :O Let's hope Sakurai doesn't miss out on an opportunity to make the game feel whole once more.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Man I'd LOVE to believe Snake is coming back. So much. I don't have a lot of hope, though. M

Based on current trends I'd say it's likely that Wolf, K. Rool and Isaac are next, in whatever order. Of course, Sakurai could always do whatever the **** he wants, but if it's all about the fanservice, common ballot winners is the way to go.

Thegreenblur

Smash Cadet
Man I'd LOVE to believe Snake is coming back. So much. I don't have a lot of hope, though. M

Based on current trends I'd say it's likely that Wolf, K. Rool and Isaac are next, in whatever order. Of course, Sakurai could always do whatever the **** he wants, but if it's all about the fanservice, common ballot winners is the way to go.
We all would like to believe Snake is coming back. He was my second main in Brawl (Wolf being my first. Man, Smash 4 really was just like **** you to me huh? XD) But unless Konami can get their heads out of their asses long enough to strike a deal with Nintendo, I don't see him coming at all.

View attachment 60708

I don't ever see them overcoming the 3ds's hardware limitations so the Ice Climbers and Chorus men are never coming until they manage to work it out. And for Snake, well I just made a post on why I don't think he's coming back. Everyone else I'm fine with.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chico2099

Smash Apprentice
Also I wouldn't mind the Ice Climbers or Snake coming back as DLC I think they are fairly likely but, not as likely as characters that I don't want as dlc.

ConDeeCas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ConDeeCas
I never got the popularity Wolf got. I know he's not a clone (more of a semi-clone, I think) but I do think that Star Fox has a good amount of reps especially for the type of series Star Fox is. I understand why people want him but I personally hope we get a newcomer instead.

Chico2099

Smash Apprentice
I never got the popularity Wolf got. I know he's not a clone (more of a semi-clone, I think) but I do think that Star Fox has a good amount of reps especially for the type of series Star Fox is. I understand why people want him but I personally hope we get a newcomer instead.
I agree an original moveset would be nice.

StormC

Smash Hero
I never got the popularity Wolf got. I know he's not a clone (more of a semi-clone, I think) but I do think that Star Fox has a good amount of reps especially for the type of series Star Fox is.
He's barely even a semi-clone. His specials are similarly themed to Fox's, but all of them are unique in visuals and mechanics. Besides that, his standard attacks are completely unique (besides his B-Air, I think?).

He's a popular and important Star Fox character, fun to play as (or at least designed in a way that he isn't outright terrible or difficult to play as), and he'll play a major role in Zero so there's little to no reason to not bring him back. His assets can be reused from Brawl to make him much quicker to develop than a newcomer so it isn't like he's competing with a newcomer when it comes to development resources and time.

Chico2099

Smash Apprentice
He's barely even a semi-clone. His specials are similarly themed to Fox's, but all of them are unique in visuals and mechanics. Besides that, his standard attacks are completely unique (besides his B-Air, I think?).

He's a popular and important Star Fox character, fun to play as (or at least designed in a way that he isn't outright terrible or difficult to play as), and he'll play a major role in Zero so there's little to no reason to not bring him back. His assets can be reused from Brawl to make him much quicker to develop than a newcomer so it isn't like he's competing with a newcomer when it comes to development resources and time.
I was told by Mods not to antagonize with clone talk on this thread. I'm sorry but if you continue harassing people about this I'll have no choice but to report it.

Top Bottom