• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who do you think is next for Smash 4 DLC?

When do you think we'll get our next DLC Character?

• Total voters

Thegreenblur

Smash Cadet
With the launch of Roy Ryu and Lucas just a few days ago, it seems odd already predicting which characters are going to be next. But I thought it would be fun to hear what everyone thinks so I started this thread. Make sure you keep the characters within reason (theres a good chance they could come. Don't go and say stuff like Master Chief or The Ice Climbers (as a pair))
Now, who do I think is next? Im thinking we'll be getting Wolf, and then the Smash poll character. And possibly Shaunte along with Wolf.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team

I'm thinking we might get Bandana Waddle Dee before the poll ends, he's far and away the most popular newcomer DLC choice in Japan right now, Waddle Dee toss was removed for some reason, and while Wolf seems even more likely than him on paper , I personally feel that Sakurai is done with the veterans for now because of the tone he had when addressing Roy and Lucas, so next DLC character would probably have to be a newcomer.

Spatman

Smash Ace
I voted Before. I'm thinking to Wolf who will be published around Star Fox Zero's release, I guess.
Yes, actually Star Fox Zero will be released AFTER 31 October, so probably Wolf, but I vote Before because in my opinion he is a character already programmed to be released. So his inclusion doesn't depend from the ballot

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Wolf, I don't need to go into too much detail for this. Though I honestly hope they say who's coming next before August, since otherwise its gonna be pretty boring waiting.

StormC

Smash Hero
Someone might get announced in August, but I think the E3 mega update is meant to hold us over for a while.

I'm thinking we might get Bandana Waddle Dee before the poll ends, he's far and away the most popular newcomer DLC choice in Japan right now
Far and away the most popular newcomer? Just curious, based on what?

Waddle Dee toss was removed for some reason
Because tons of Waddle Dees walking around on screen would slow down the 3DS.

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Someone might get announced in August, but I think the E3 mega update is meant to hold us over for a while.

Because tons of Waddle Dees walking around on screen would slow down the 3DS.
I think the best way to balance hype would be to announce a character either end of the month/beginning of July, since people should have calmed down from the Ryu/Roy/Lucas hype. People will get bored in July with nothing to look forward to.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
A japanese twitter poll showed this
133 votes Roy (FE)
87 votes Wolf
82 votes Bandana Waddle Dee (47 Bandana Dee + 35 Waddle Dee)
53 votes Snake
46 votes Inkling
45 votes Geno
37 votes Ice Climbers
34 votes Sukapon
33 votes Chrom (FE)
32 votes Banjo Kazooie
30 votes King K. Rool
26 votes Viridi
23 votes Dixie
21 votes Magolor
20 votes Paper Mario
19 votes Child Link
18 votes Krystal
17 votes Goemon, Chibi-Robo, Ray MKII
16 votes Isaac
15 votes Bayonetta
14 votes Daisy, Black Shadow
13 votes Ashley
12 votes Toon Ganondorf
11 votes Pichu
10 votes DeMille (from Tomato Adventure)

Although I checked around again, and there's a far more reputable poll in japan with this as the result.
This changes who I'd think would be next to King K. Rool, since my earlier info appears to be wrong :facepalm:, sorry about that. Thanks for asking and (unintentionally) calling me out, I would have never caught that:laugh:.

Thegreenblur

Smash Cadet
This changes who I'd think would be next to King K. Rool, since my earlier info appears to be wrong :facepalm:, sorry about that. Thanks for asking and (unintentionally) calling me out, I would have never caught that:laugh:.[/quote]

King K. Rool is most likley going to win. Although I'd prefer Geno the Super Mario RPG. People really want K Rool in.

StormC

Smash Hero
Banjo-Kazooie beating out K. Rool in Japan is something I have a hard time believing, yeah. But that's interesting nonetheless.

Thegreenblur

Smash Cadet
I can't see it not being Wolf.
If you meant for the Smash poll, I doubt they'll have Wolf be the Smash Poll character even if he does beat out K Rool. I see them releasing Wolf either before the Smash Poll ends (Maybe on when the patch that adds in Tourneys and those new stages Sakurai showed us) Or along the release of Star Fox Zero.

Thegreenblur

Smash Cadet
Banjo-Kazooie beating out K. Rool in Japan is something I have a hard time believing, yeah. But that's interesting nonetheless.
The problem with Banjo and Kazooie is that Nintendo would need to get permission from Rare, which is owned by Microsoft. I know Phill Spencer said he would like them to be in but hes just one guy. Nintendo and other higher ups at Microsoft and Rare would need to be up for it. Although Banjo and Kazooie would be nice to have if we got them.

Last edited:

udime123

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3497-1825-3744
I really hope it's not Wolf. Don't get me wrong, it'd be great if he returned, but aside from Ryu, that'd make basically all the DLC veterans. I like that, but I'd like them to switch things up. I hope for Isaac, but he's not popular in Japan and he's only like the 3rd or 4th most popular in the states, not enought to warrant a character. I guess I'll just stay hopeful and wish he makes it in.

Thegreenblur

Smash Cadet
I really hope it's not Wolf. Don't get me wrong, it'd be great if he returned, but aside from Ryu, that'd make basically all the DLC veterans. I like that, but I'd like them to switch things up. I hope for Isaac, but he's not popular in Japan and he's only like the 3rd or 4th most popular in the states, not enought to warrant a character. I guess I'll just stay hopeful and wish he makes it in.
That would kind of suck to have only one newcomer. Maybe they'll release him with a Newcommer like what they did with Roy and Lucas.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Probably a veteran + A newcomer.

Most likely choice is Wolf for veteran, but I could see them shaking it up with Snake (Kept ya waiting, huh?). You know, if Konami pulls their heads out of their asses.

Newcomer... Bandana Dee isn't a terrible choice but tbh my money would be on Isaac. I feel like his absence as an Assist trophy is very telling and that it's really only a matter of time.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
:wolf:
-star fox wiiu
-veteran
-very high on the ballout and huge fans
-another villan
-melee got 2 DLC, brawl should get 2 too
-we just have 2 starfox characters we should have a 3rd one

Last edited:

shane3x

Saint of Swords
Anyone who is relying on the Smash Ballot is not coming before it ends. So that leaves Vet's mostly. So essentially out of everyone remaining Wolf is a shoe-in.

Check sig.

I'm thinking we might get Bandana Waddle Dee before the poll ends, he's far and away the most popular newcomer DLC choice in Japan right now, Waddle Dee toss was removed for some reason, and while Wolf seems even more likely than him on paper , I personally feel that Sakurai is done with the veterans for now because of the tone he had when addressing Roy and Lucas, so next DLC character would probably have to be a newcomer.
They removed waddle-dee from the move because Sakurai said he got rid of the random element from a number of characters moves. Waddle-dee is a long shot. Not to mention that they did open up smash ballot to the west and not just Japan only like in previous games so he probably will move away from the "What does Japan want?" mentality because WD is not that popular here.

We all want Banjo-Kazooie*

*Real BK, so not that Nuts and Bolts monster game.

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Does everyone remember those placeholder spots found by the dataminers that also found the victory theme files for Ryu and Roy? Three of the placeholders have been filled...but two are still unaccounted for. Odds are, they aren't the entirety of the DLC we'll get--they can just add more placeholders as they see fit, after all--but the fact that a specific many were set up at once makes me think something.

I bet we'll get two more characters before they start pulling from the Smash Ballot.

As for who they'd be...well, to answer the question of who's next, Wolf seems the most likely. He had more of an argument than Lucas or Roy, and his series is returning to relevance in just a few months.

The second one is more up in the air, though.

Plausible chances for that second pre-ballot character: Squirtle, Ivysaur, a character from Rhythm Heaven (whichever one was considered early but scrapped), Bandana Dee, Dixie Kong, Isaac

Sleepers, due to existing issues: Ice Climbers, Snake

Sleepers, due to lower demand: Young Link, Pichu

Super-biased deep sleeper: Delphox

Last edited:

shane3x

Saint of Swords
Does everyone remember those placeholder spots found by the dataminers that also found the victory theme files for Ryu and Roy? Three of the placeholders have been filled...but two are still unaccounted for. Odds are, they aren't the entirety of the DLC we'll get--they can just add more placeholders as they see fit, after all--but the fact that a specific many were set up at once makes me think something.

I bet we'll get two more characters before they start pulling from the Smash Ballot.

As for who they'd be...well, to answer the question of who's next, Wolf seems the most likely. He had more of an argument than Lucas or Roy, and his series is returning to relevance in just a few months.

The second one is more up in the air, though.

Plausible chances for that second pre-ballot character: Squirtle, Ivysaur, a character from Rhythm Heaven (whichever one was considered early but scrapped), Bandana Dee, Dixie Kong, Isaac

Sleepers, due to existing issues: Ice Climbers, Snake

Sleepers, due to lower demand: Young Link, Pichu

Super-biased deep sleeper: Delphox
I think Wolf at E3 was a bit optimistic hence Roy/Lucas now, considering Star Fox Zero was only officially announced so it needs a little bit of time for the game to build up on its own merit before they drop the Wolf/Smash promotion.

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
I think Wolf at E3 was a bit optimistic hence Roy/Lucas now, considering Star Fox Zero was only officially announced so it needs a little bit of time for the game to build up on its own merit before they drop the Wolf/Smash promotion.
Not really promotion so much as a "look who's relevant again" kind of deal. Nintendo doesn't really exploit Smash to promote their games, and I doubt it'd change now.

shane3x

Saint of Swords
Not really promotion so much as a "look who's relevant again" kind of deal. Nintendo doesn't really exploit Smash to promote their games, and I doubt it'd change now.
Not so much exploitation, except in Wolf's case. I don't think they originally intended to jump all on board the DLC train, Mewtwo being a one-off but when they saw how much hype it drummed up they decided to go all out with it. Roy and Lucas were quick in terms of development time and easy since FE:Fates was revealed and Earthbound Beginnings most likely eventually leading up to a Mother 3 release.

Why Wolf was originally cut we dont know, not like he had a good reason for it. Every combination I can think of only makes Nintendo look bad. I imagine Wolf will be like How Mewtwo got released, pre-order SFZ and get him free and then 2 weeks for $5 after for everyone else.

BubblegumRebel

Smash Rookie
What I'm personally wondering is whether they'll keep releasing them in batches of 2-3, or if it'll go to 1 new character every other month. Currently, we don't have enough evidence to support either choice, but the fact that we all got 3 characters (a re-asseted semi-clone, a decloned fighter with all new assets from their previous appearance in Melee, and a complex new fighter) shows that they can work on a couple at a time and have them ready at the same time. Which kinda disproves what they've said about developing new fighters, but w/e.

In the case that it's another 3 fighter bundle coming in August/September, I wouldn't mind it being a mix of two of the popular newcomer choices (Bandanna Dee, King K. Rool, Inkling, Isaac, Wonder Red, etc.) and Wolf. Or maybe they could release a standalone character in July/August, and then a DLC pack featuring Wolf, Krystal, and a new stage (or Lylat System: Venom) closer to the release of Star Fox: Zero. Idk, as long as I don't have to wait until AFTER the ballot ends like y'all are suggesting. :/

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I know we just got three characters at once from the Smash direct but I'm pretty sure we'll get at least one or two before the poll ends in October...

I want to confidently say that Wolf will be next (but we all said that when Lucas was announced and we ended up getting two characters before him with still no confirmation)...he'll most definitely be added eventually because there really isn't anything holding him back especially with him being confirmed in the new Star Fox game...but that still raises the question...if not Wolf, then who?

When it comes to veterans the next two popular picks are Snake and Ice Climbers who were excluded because of Third Parties shenanigans and hardware limitations respectively...
Konami's current situation has the company deteriorating, which may be a good or bad thing if you think about it...Nintendo may pick up the Metal Gear IP if things really go south for the company which would give Snake 1st Party privileges (this is just one highly unlikely scenario mind you)...as for the Ice Climbers it's really a matter if they'll get hardware limitations sorted out or not on the 3DS...
Other vets aren't really all that heavily demanded and if they were to be added it would most likely be later on down the line after the ballot closes...

As for newcomers?....prffft...Good Luck predicting that one......because when DLC was officially announced who would've guessed that Ryu of all people would've been the first DLC newcomer? Frikken RYU!!
But based on current observations...
King K Rool is likely leading the Ballot, with characters Isaac, Bandana Dee, Inklings, Captain Toad, Ridley, Dixie Kong, etc. behind him...but those are just the obvious choices...
Dixie Kong, Toon Zelda/Toon Sheik, Pra_mai (possibily Plusle and Minun) were all intended in brawl and so were Dr. Mario, Mewtwo, and Roy, the latter three already are available in game in that order...that's another thing to take note of, although each of the three added from the forbidden 7 were all veterans from melee so they had more incentive to be added than the others...

Then again with Ryu being added as well as Virtua Fighter and Tekken Mii costumes shows that Capcom, Sega and Namco are still adding more content into Smash and may very well keep adding some of their own stuff in the future...Possible second Sega and Namco character coming?...Ryu's addition broke the fan-made 'one per third party' rule, as well as contradicted the statement Sakurai has made in regards to Fighting Game characters, so it isn't so :083:; but as of now it's really a matter of just waiting it out until the next fighter is revealed which will most likely be August...(or sooner in a surprise Direct, but that's just wishful thinking hehe...or is it?)

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
Why Wolf was originally cut we dont know, not like he had a good reason for it. Every combination I can think of only makes Nintendo look bad.
I think it's pretty obvious, and it's also pretty understandable. Star Fox had been dormant for years when they were deciding on the initial roster, making the series' third character low enough priority to where he eventually got shelved.

Burruni

Smash Hero
TL;DR

:wolf: basically has every credential and issue that :4lucas: had in speculation on the roster and for DLC.... except Lucas has more of a following in Japan, Wolf in the states, and the fact that Star Fox is moving onward with Wolf continuing to be his role.

Most likely to see him in August with DLC Wave 3, featuring the N64 stages discussed last sunday.

shane3x

Saint of Swords
I think it's pretty obvious, and it's also pretty understandable. Star Fox had been dormant for years when they were deciding on the initial roster, making the series' third character low enough priority to where he eventually got shelved.
That has a valid point or two, but prior to smash 4 most games series either kept the same number of characters or expanded, why they would want to get rid of a villain rep for a series and bring back less relevant characters like Doctor Mario or make more true clones like Dark Pit is beyond me.

We had 2 SF games in the years prior to brawl, and 2 games between brawl and smash 4. Not to mention there are less popular and relevant characters that still somehow made it back/in. Still doesn't give a clear and good reason for it, considering why others have been cut in the past.

Last edited:

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
That has a valid point or two, but prior to smash 4 most games series either kept the same number of characters or expanded, why they would want to get rid of a villain rep for a series and bring back less relevant characters like Doctor Mario or make more true clones like Dark Pit is beyond me.

We had 2 SF games in the years prior to brawl, and 2 games between brawl and smash 4. Not to mention there are less popular and relevant characters that still somehow made it back/in. Still doesn't give a clear and good reason for it, considering why others have been cut in the past.
I thought the clone issues have been obvious enough (or clarified enough) already, that they took much less time to make, and was already halfly complete (as costumes with extra features, just have to change a few more numbers here and there) before they are planned to be made as separate fighters.

Also, isn't there 3 SF games between Melee and Brawl, then 1 game between Brawl and Sm4sh?

Melee at 2001,
SF Adventures at 2002,
SF Assault at 2005,
SF Command at 2006,
Brawl at 2008,
SF 64 3D at 2011,
Smash 4 at 2014.

Just saying.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Wolf is probably the character Sakurai will bring back next. But I could see him throwing a surprise, and add another one, or possibly two semi-clones. I think it's quite more likely Sakurai would couple semi-clones with each other, as he did with Lucas and Roy. My two most likely choices for such characters are Dixie Kong and Impa. I think that if these charactes will be in, they'll be showed sooner rather than earlier.

Hmm, well, let me recite that to only Dixie Kong, actually. Cause I could see Impa being added around the time of Zelda Wii U's release, if she has a strong role in the game. Yet, I could also see Wolf being coupled with Impa if both StarFox Zero and Zelda Wii U will be showcased somewhere togheter. However, with a earlier release of Wolf, I could see Dixie being coupled with Wolf before Impa.

However, I'm quite certain that Dixie Kong and Impa are the top choices as far as semi-clone DLC characters go.

I could also see them throwing us the Ice Climbers back whenever. Because after all, their movesets where finished. Having a finished moveset means they'll have to solve their technical issues first. And if characters, and better yet, veterans, are already being brought back ... I could still see it happening. Especially to keep with the Melee veteran > Brawl veteran release "pattern" ; :4mewtwo: > :4lucas: > :4feroy: > :wolf: ? > :popo: ?

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Of the two remaining slots I would think that Wolf may very well be one of them. Even then the way Sakurai spoke about Lucas and Roy in that last direct made it seem to me like he might be finished with veterans. That's the impression I got from it.

The other one is really up in the air. Honestly after Wolf I really think we're going to be pulling stuff out of our asses if we try to predict it.

Edit: Don't really get why that's censored but I'm sure you get what I meant from context. :p

Last edited:

shane3x

Saint of Swords
I thought the clone issues have been obvious enough (or clarified enough) already, that they took much less time to make, and was already halfly complete (as costumes with extra features, just have to change a few more numbers here and there) before they are planned to be made as separate fighters.

Also, isn't there 3 SF games between Melee and Brawl, then 1 game between Brawl and Sm4sh?

Melee at 2001,
SF Adventures at 2002,
SF Assault at 2005,
SF Command at 2006,
Brawl at 2008,
SF 64 3D at 2011,
Smash 4 at 2014.

Just saying.
I just don't think Wolf was ever cut because they wanted him gone, he wasn't popular/relevant (plenty of characters currently exist that are less popular and/or relevant) and more because it was convenient because of the following:

They have X amount of time for development, and once the launch date is set they have to make choices to meet it. Nintendo prior to smash had already begun its DLC age with Mario Kart 8 being the major highlight. Sakurai obviously talks to people within Nintendo to find out who is doing what so he can make characters. He would have known SFZ was at least in the works and given a rough due date of Q4 2015/Q1 2016. Knowing this and that Mewtwo was already the planned start for DLC (and if Mewtwo didnt do well it could be spun as a fun one off rather then a failed attempt at DLC as an overall plan) he could easily went with working on Wolf a bit later and released around SFZ.

Wolf is probably the character Sakurai will bring back next. But I could see him throwing a surprise, and add another one, or possibly two semi-clones. I think it's quite more likely Sakurai would couple semi-clones with each other, as he did with Lucas and Roy. My two most likely choices for such characters are Dixie Kong and Impa. I think that if these charactes will be in, they'll be showed sooner rather than earlier.

Hmm, well, let me recite that to only Dixie Kong, actually. Cause I could see Impa being added around the time of Zelda Wii U's release, if she has a strong role in the game. Yet, I could also see Wolf being coupled with Impa if both StarFox Zero and Zelda Wii U will be showcased somewhere togheter. However, with a earlier release of Wolf, I could see Dixie being coupled with Wolf before Impa.

However, I'm quite certain that Dixie Kong and Impa are the top choices as far as semi-clone DLC characters go.

I could also see them throwing us the Ice Climbers back whenever. Because after all, their movesets where finished. Having a finished moveset means they'll have to solve their technical issues first. And if characters, and better yet, veterans, are already being brought back ... I could still see it happening. Especially to keep with the Melee veteran > Brawl veteran release "pattern" ; :4mewtwo: > :4lucas: > :4feroy: > :wolf: ? > :popo: ?
As they add more and more content to the game, its hard to see that they are going to somehow overcome Ice Climbers technical limitations to make him work on the Standard 3DS. I'm sure he'd be fine on the N3DS but he has to work on all systems or he isn't going to happen even if he was already working on Wii U.

Impa doesn't appear that highly in various communities and forums vote lists. Maybe a few specialised Zelda based ones but not overall. I couldnt even find a "We want IMPA" thread in the character section on Smashboards.

Dixie possibly mostly because female reps are always desirable, although I imagine a few more characters would be added in as DLC before she cracks the top ten. I would see K.Rool in before she comes in because he'd be not a semi clone. DK could use a villian rep and hes easily top five on a lot of lists.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
I think we'll get two more characters. Six DLC fighters in total is a healthy and reasonable amount for a fighting game like this. Something like MK9, for example, has only four downloadable characters in comparison. Sakurai has already stated they can't make many more characters due to the work it takes. https://twitter.com/Sora_Sakurai/status/583402090862551040 There's other things as well, like Smash 4's files showing there were five empty slots after Mewtwo, three of which have been filled by Lucas, Roy and Ryu.

I think the last two characters will be Wolf and a newcomer, possibly from the ballot. I really can't fathom why Wolf wouldn't return. He's the only Brawl veteran without any real problem that could hinder his chances of returning. He's not third party, he doesn't have any technical issues they'd have to work with, and Star Fox isn't exactly already oozing with playable characters like Pokemon is. If Fire Emblem can get five character slots, I don't really see why Star Fox can't get three, especially when there's a new installment coming out after all these years.

I don't know who the newcomer could be. Maybe it could be K. Rool, Dixie, I don't know. I will say that I've kind of given up on Chorus Kids with there being Rhythm Heaven music on the Miiverse stage. I can't see Inklings for this game (but definitely for Smash 5!) with the Mii Fighter costumes and the trophy.

When you think about it, Wolf and a newcomer being the last two DLC characters leaves an interesting pattern. What I mean is, we have two returning veterans from Melee (Mewtwo and Roy), two returning veterans from Brawl (Wolf and Lucas), and two new characters for Smash 4 (Ryu and ???). I like it, basically each sequel in the series gets a little bit of something.

Last edited:

Thegreenblur

Smash Cadet
I think we'll get two more characters. Six DLC fighters in total is a healthy and reasonable amount for a fighting game like this. Something like MK9, for example, has only four downloadable characters in comparison. Sakurai has already stated they can't make many more characters due to the work it takes. https://twitter.com/Sora_Sakurai/status/583402090862551040 There's other things as well, like Smash 4's files showing there were five empty slots after Mewtwo, three of which have been filled by Lucas, Roy and Ryu.

I think the last two characters will be Wolf and a newcomer, possibly from the ballot. I really can't fathom why Wolf wouldn't return. He's the only Brawl veteran without any real problem that could hinder his chances of returning. He's not third party, he doesn't have any technical issues they'd have to work with, and Star Fox isn't exactly oozing with playable characters like Pokemon is. If Fire Emblem can get five character slots, I don't really see why Star Fox can't get three, especially when there's a new installment coming out after all these years.

I don't know who the newcomer could be. Maybe it could be K. Rool, Dixie, I don't know. I will say that I've kind of given up on Chorus Kids with there being Rhythm Heaven music on the Miiverse stage. I can't see Inklings for this game (but definitely for Smash 5!) with the Mii Fighter costumes and the trophy.

When you think about it, Wolf and a newcomer being the last two DLC characters leaves an interesting pattern. What I mean is, we have two returning veterans from Melee (Mewtwo and Roy), two returning veterans from Brawl (Wolf and Lucas), and two new characters for Smash 4 (Ryu and ???). I like it, basically each game in the series (besides Smash 64 which has all of its characters intact) gets a little bit of something.
The problem with that is if there's only really is two more slots I can NOT see them only adding in one more newcomer. Im sure they have ways of adding in more characters than just two. It would be a horrible buisness practice not to. This Smash 4 DLC is so popular that when a new DLC comes out the E-Shop servers crash. I don't see them stopping at just 2 characters.

Last edited:

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
The problem with that is if there's only really is two more slots I can NOT see them only adding in one more newcomer. Im sure they have ways of adding in more characters than just two. It would be a horrible buisness practice not to. This Smash 4 DLC is so popular that when a new DLC comes out the E-Shop servers crash. I don't see them stopping at just 2 characters.
Sure, but you know, upon a limit, people may start getting less hyped for the new DLCs. Or the number of DLC is already too high for the acceptance of a regular user. They surely can add more than just 2 characters, but just that you know, the roster can't infinitely expand dong.

Thegreenblur

Smash Cadet
Sure, but you know, upon a limit, people may start getting less hyped for the new DLCs. Or the number of DLC is already too high for the acceptance of a regular user. They surely can add more than just 2 characters, but just that you know, the roster can't infinitely expand dong.
Oh I already knew the roster wasn't going to get constant updates until if we ever got a Smash 5. What I meant was I don't see them stopping so early. I see them stopping sometime in 2016 or 2017. Most likley 2016.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I honestly don't get this idea of "Sakurai saying Lucas and Roy being popular means no more vets" when absolutely nothing implies that. All Sakurai said was that they were brought back because of their massive popularity and that he wanted people to be happy about their returns. In no way does that imply that Wolf won't make it in the game. If anything, that statement just boosts Wolf's chances because his popularity is just as big as Lucas and Roy's. With Star Fox Zero on the horizon, i'm having a difficult time imagining a scenario where Wolf isn't DLC.

As for locks in the game, the only 2 characters that are defiantly going to be in the game are Wolf and K. Rool. Theirs a lot of likely characters that can be DLC (Isaac) but none of them are locks like Wolf and K. Rool.

Thegreenblur

Smash Cadet
I honestly don't get this idea of "Sakurai saying Lucas and Roy being popular means no more vets" when absolutely nothing implies that. All Sakurai said was that they were brought back because of their massive popularity and that he wanted people to be happy about their returns. In no way does that imply that Wolf won't make it in the game. If anything, that statement just boosts Wolf's chances because his popularity is just as big as Lucas and Roy's. With Star Fox Zero on the horizon, i'm having a difficult time imagining a scenario where Wolf isn't DLC.

As for locks in the game, the only 2 characters that are defiantly going to be in the game are Wolf and K. Rool. Theirs a lot of likely characters that can be DLC (Isaac) but none of them are locks like Wolf and K. Rool.
I honestly would be shocked if Wolf and K. Rool don't make it. Sakurai's been doing a good job bringing back all of these highly requested characters. It'd be a shame if he stops now.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Will predict Wolf revealed in August and released in October, as well as the first (possibly only) ballot character revealed in October. They're going to want something tangible to show after the ballot's six month run-time, and will have a general idea of where the votes are going after two-thirds of its lifespan.

Thegreenblur

Smash Cadet
Will predict Wolf revealed in August and released in October, as well as the first (possibly only) ballot character revealed in October. They're going to want something tangible to show after the ballot's six month run-time, and will have a general idea of where the votes are going after two-thirds of its lifespan.
Wolf being released in October makes sense but I can't see them waiting that long to release a new character. Thats 4 months. But to be fair Mewtwo was anounced in like what, December of 2014? Then released in April. But that could have been like that to give them time to work on some more characters and stages to keep a constant flow of DLC. Either way, I predict Wolf to be anounced at the Start of July and released with the next wave of DLC (The one with the Smash 64 stages, tourneys, etc.) and then the Smash Poll character in October. Or Sakurai could throw a Curveball at us and give us 3 more characters. Possibly Wolf, Snake and a newcomer.

Last edited:
Top Bottom