• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who do u want 4 our Capcom candidate?

Kakashi-dono

Smash Cadet
To me, the top three Capcom Brawl candidates are Dante(Devil May Cry), Megaman(or Bass), and Viewtiful Joe.

Honestly, if Nintendo gave us, the future buyers of the game, a choice of these three, i do believe VJ would have the win. Eithr him, or Dante. Dont ask me why, it's just wat i've noticed.

i dont know, wat do yall think?

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
To me, the top three Capcom Brawl candidates are Dante(Devil May Cry), Megaman(or Bass), and Viewtiful Joe.

Honestly, if Nintendo gave us, the future buyers of the game, a choice of these three, i do believe VJ would have the win. Eithr him, or Dante. Dont ask me why, it's just wat i've noticed.

i dont know, wat do yall think?
To me you dont know what your talking about, and Dante and VJ!? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Your ****ing joking mate.

Mega Man. If he doesn't make it Ryu.

/Thread, anyone who disagrees with what I said are idiots who don't know what they are talking about.

LinkNSnake4Main

Smash Journeyman
Leon, has a good chance, he was in a ridiculously popular console game for Nintendo.

My wish, that probably won't come true : Strider Hiryu.

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
Leon is an interesting choice but the fact that the street fighter and Mega Man series are more important to Nintendo and Capcom as well as the fact that there really isn't a main character for RE and that Leon wouldn't fit in brawl (One of the few characters that cant) because of his weapons and style.

The Protagonist

Smash Cadet
Likely Choices: Mega Man or Ryu

Possibly but doubtful: Dante, Chun-Li

EXTREMELY doubtful: Strider Hiryu, Guy or Cody (Final Fight for those who don't know), Falcon (Power Stone, although there are enough characters in Smash with the letters F.A.L.C in their name lol)

Dubyah8r

Smash Journeyman
*******, GA (yes that really the name of the city,
Is Simon Belmont capcom or namco? Dante wouldn't be good because he couldn't use Ebony and Ivory (the coolest thing about him) plus people got mad at Devil May Cry because they said it was devil worship and Sakuri doesn't want that to happen to Brawl. My choice is Viewtiful Joe.

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
Is Simon Belmont capcom or namco? Dante wouldn't be good because he couldn't use Ebony and Ivory (the coolest thing about him) plus people got mad at Devil May Cry because they said it was devil worship and Sakuri doesn't want that to happen to Brawl. My choice is Viewtiful Joe.
Simon is Konami. Dante wouldn't get in because of other reasons, not those. Viewtiful joe is a crap choice.

LinkNSnake4Main

Smash Journeyman
Leon is an interesting choice but the fact that the street fighter and Mega Man series are more important to Nintendo and Capcom as well as the fact that there really isn't a main character for RE and that Leon wouldn't fit in brawl (One of the few characters that cant) because of his weapons and style.

Because Snake... totally ... fits in.

Leon (In my opinion, not yours) has the best chance, because he was in the most current console game, Megaboy, has never been on a Nintendo console (or at least, I can't remember him being on one recently.) and Street Fighter hasn't since the SNES.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
megaman, of course.

anyone who says otherwise is a cesspit of hatred and lies ;D

Megaboy, has never been on a Nintendo console (or at least, I can't remember him being on one.)
.........you're kidding me, right?

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
Because Snake... totally ... fits in.

Leon (In my opinion, not yours) has the best chance, because he was in the most current console game, Megaboy, has never been on a Nintendo console (or at least, I can't remember him being on one.) and Street Fighter hasn't since the SNES.
Mega Man has never been on a Nintendo console : O

Seriously you sir fail in life, instead of acting like you know what your talking about GTFO the internet.

And Snake doesn't really fit in much but he fits in much more than Leon.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
Dante would make me stop caring who else was in the game. I would main him no question. He's my favorite gaming character so if he could get in I would be happy.

However Dante hasn't really appeared on a Nintendo console. Yes technically he has if you cont capcom card battle DS or whatever it's called but I don't think having a single card in that game warrants him a spot in smash.

Most likely IF we get a capcom rep it will be Megaman. Another cool one (which would be possible) is Amaterasu (sp?) from Okami.

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
Megaman or Ryu. I'd like to see both. Maybe Megaman as the playable character, and Ryu as an AT of some sort.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
Don't you mean a miserable little pile of secrets? :p
Dante> Megaman, if Dante was actually a plausible candidate I would want him way more that Megaman. Megaman is just like Sonic, way way overhyped. Sonic's probably worse though. I can't say for Megaman because I haven't played his recent games, but Sonic's recent games are pretty much garbage.

The Protagonist

Smash Cadet
*sigh* Simon Belmont is actually Konami, which leaves him out because they already have a Konami rep. Besides that, why can't Dante use his guns? Snake uses Rocket Launchers, machine guns and M-16s. Why can't Dante use mere hand guns? Nintendo could easily tone him down to fit the atmosphere of smash as they did with Snake.

As for the content, there isn't devil worshipping perse. There are some allusions to biblical characters ex: The character Lady's actual name is Mary after the Virgin Mary ex2: Virgil being named after the man who guides souls through the layers of hell etc.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
megaman the regular one (none of that zx dragonforce network bull)or x and if not either ryu anything else has 000000000.1 chance

whiterob

Smash Journeyman
Haha, these threads always turn into flame wars.

Here Dante's thread which explains how he HAS been on a Nintendo console:
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=111333

Here is Leon Kennedy's thread:
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=73800

Hopefully people can read the first couple of posts in each of these threads so that some unnecessary flame wars can be avoided.

Anyways, I personally want: 1) Ryu 2)Leon Kennedy 3)Jill Valentine
Street Fighter II is one of my favorite games, and I have used Ryu in SF ever since. My other two selections are because I love RE, and those are the only two characters IMO that would have even a sliver of hope of actually making it into the game.

LinkNSnake4Main

Smash Journeyman
Megaboy, has never been on a Nintendo console (or at least, I can't remember him being on one recently.)

You all get the not reading award.
Would you like some fail with that?

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Megaboy, has never been on a Nintendo console (or at least, I can't remember him being on one recently.)

what you talking bout?
there's been been about 2 megaman games released for the nintendo DS this year.
not to mention most of his games have been on nintendo consoles. only about 10 or so out of over a hundred of megaman games haven't been on nintendo consoles.

Austin55

Smash Journeyman

I think they will use the classic model of Mega Man (I sincerly hope so), since Mega Man 1-7, Rock Man and Bass, and the anniversary collection have been on Nintendo consoles (even more of those stupid spin off series have been on the portable Nintendo systems.) So what are you talking about? This is why classic Mega Man needs to be in brawl. The Mega Man series needs some life breathed into it like Kid Icarus.

Nintandy²

Smash Apprentice
Time to kill the mood.. haha.

I'd rather have someone a lot more original in all honesty. Being a big fan of Okami, that's what I'm going to say. I know Capcom has running series, but titles like Okami and Zack & Wiki are ingenius masterpieces :).

Okami is coming to the Wii soon, and there may even be a possible sequel, despite Clover Studios' departure. I think there's a lot of potential, but hey.

That's my take on things!

-- Andy

motsalogeL

Smash Lord

Are you ********? You dont even understand what your saying.

Megaboy, has never been on a Nintendo console
You see this part of your post is you saying he has never been on a Nintendo console, never means... never NOT recently, you see?

(or at least, I can't remember him being on one recently.)

Now you see the next ones means that maybe (Meaning as an alternative with the previous quote being your main point) that he hasn't been on one recently, which doesn't change the fact that you still thought he never had a game on a Nintendo console.

He has in fact had over 25 main series games on Nintendo consoles alone, and that is still with a few that I cant remember. As weel as 3 games on the DS (For your recent point).

So seriously STFU.

Would you like some fail with your post (Considering you don't even understand what your saying yourself).

Top Bottom