• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who Counters Robin?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
They give you a heart container before you enter Master Fortress.

That's like saying:

YOU WILL DIE HERE

MageyMage

Smash Rookie
ZSS, Diddy, Greninja, Paletuna, Shiek, Little Mac, Mario, Ness, Meta Knight, Shulk, Peach, Toon Link, Fox, Sonic

All of these are either 6:4 matchups, tricky to deal with, or require very specific approaches and mentality to win (or all of the above). I don't have experience with other supposedly difficult characters like duck hunt or villager.

Either way, your gonna have a rough time with these guys more often then not.

Last edited:

MarthFanatique

Smash Journeyman
From my experience thus far, my hard matchups have been Greninja, Toon Link, Jigglypuff, Mario, Sheik, Fox, Sonic, and Peach. Amost all of these characters are either rushdown characters and/or have very solid up close melee game. Sheik, Fox, and Greninja in particular are very good at closing gaps and overwhelming Robin with pressure. I've had issues with competent Jiggs challenging me with pressure (and her air game challenges your LS aerials too). These rushdown characters tend to have at least decent combo potential, and Robin is especially susceptible to combos.

Toon Link is bothersome for me simply because you need to ahve a different mindset in that matchup. Toon Link is just as good at throwing out projectiles and zoning, but his up close combat is superior. Unfortunately I haven't fought against any Rosalina, ZSS, or DHD, so I can't say anything about those matchups yet.

EDIT: Also, I forgot to mention my experience with Little Mac. Overall, I would feel inclined to say that he would counter Robin with his rushdown, super armor going through tomes, and strong ground game...however, I don't seem to have any issues with LM's thus far. Either all of the people who have played him are scrubs, or I can just handle that matchup. Robin seems to excel in punish game, so it's too easy to shield grab poor rushes and space & tack extra damage. In addition, your aerial LS attacks are basically undisputed in that matchup. Once you get LM in the air, at low percents you can juggle him with LS uairs.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Who counters him you say?

[Announcer's voice] The winner is...
I'm not so sure about that one, to be honest.

He's a terror on the ground, to be sure, but he's so easy to kill by just lightly knocking him off the stage, and Robin can do that fairly well.

IronFish

Smash Ace
i am quite displeased with his inclusion over Chrom, but as i said, 3 of my friends main robin; and it's not funny to be Arcfired almost every single match...
this is kinda late, but you need to git gud vary your approach more, so do more than just dash into combat, you main Bowser Jr. right? use his B or Down B more, make robin come to you, unless he is charging up Thoron, then you run in there, and if you do Little Mac, again just vary your approach, now stop ******** about how Robin is in Smash, okay?

Last edited:

Bilbao

Smash Rookie
NNID
sebastian.bilbao
3DS FC
2122-6607-0665
Definitely Sheik and Rosalina

Top Bottom