• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who are your top 10 for Smash 4 ?

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Hi Guys just here to question your favourites for Smash 4 and the characters you will use the most :)
Mine are :
:4ness:Ness: been my main since 64 until :lucas: Lucas :cry: came along and stole that but as of now I am back to Ness unless DLC of course. :ness:
:4tlink:Toon Link: My first Zelda was Spirit tracks so that's possibly why I like Toon Link better than regular Link. Either way his speed is what I love he is (In My opinion) The best swordsman.
:4wario2:Wario: I love him his Greedy and goofy personality shines in smash similar to Dedede :4dedede: and that atomic fart XD plus cruising on that bike has never been so satisfying :D
:4rob:R.O.B: I never got why people hated this guy he's great :seuss: I got introduced to him through Mario kart DS So seeing that surprise in Smash I was more than happy to greet and play as him :')
:4falcon:Captain Falcon: Falcon is my second main from the original 12 I play as him when I want to mess around. Plus who doesn't love a good knee of Justice :)
:4duckhunt:DHD: I want to get revenge on this Dog so much :rotfl: I will teach him for laughing at me :smash: But seriously he looks like a very unique character and my goodness that Final Smash :love:
:4villager:Villager: *Killager I swear I took Link out with that axe in the Demo and his Up B :awesome:He's a troll that or very clumsy I mean does villager even know he in the midst of a fight he's always smiling using a bowling ball, umbrella, plant pot and a Tree :laugh:
:4megaman:Mega Man: Supa Fighting Robot seriously he is fun and very different from most of the smash characters plus its mega man I rooted for him since the start :estatic:
:4pacman:Pac Man: Waka Waka Buddy great to see him in Smash and with his world look none the less THE HYPE IS REAL :)
:4shulk:Shulk: "I'm really feeling it" this guy will be top tier :chuckle: He's British too which makes me want to try him out even more than I did when I saw his Japanese reveal.

I will also insta main these dudes if they become DLC :love: :lucas::popo::wolf:

King Zekrom

Smash Apprentice
:4greninja:,:4pit:,:4littlemac:,:4myfriends:,:4tlink:,:4duckhunt:,:4yoshi:,:4kirby:,:4bowserjr:,:4falcon:
Top 10 I'm going to use, but I actually don't have reasons. I guess it's because they look interesting to use :bee:

Fathom778

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PEPSICANEX2
:4myfriends:- Main in Brawl. I don't see why he's low to mid teir. He can K.O at 45%!
:4littlemac:- Second he was announced I knew that if Ike was cut, he would be my main. But since Ike is back he is my other main.
:wolf:- 3rd main in Brawl, can't wait to play as him! (WHY WERE YOU CUT?)
:4tlink:- 2nd main in Brawl, being demounted to backup.
:4dedede:- Backup in Brawl, Still a backup
:4darkpit: -I liked pit's Brawl move-set Backup.
:4lucario:- Brawl main until 2-23-14. Being demounted to backup.
:4drmario:- Never played him in Melee, but he looks fun. Backup.
:4duckhunt:- I just want to play as him. Backup.
:4robinm:- "Which is why I carry me Levin Sword!" Plus he looks fun and unique. Backup.
:4rob: - Like him in Brawl. Don't see why people hated him. Still a backup.
Others are (in no order): :4gaw::4wiifitm::4sheik::4shulk::4charizard:
Also: :4myfriends::4myfriends::4myfriends::4myfriends::4myfriends::4myfriends::4myfriends::4myfriends::4myfriends::4myfriends::4myfriends::4myfriends::4myfriends::4myfriends::4myfriends::4myfriends::4myfriends::4myfriends::4myfriends::4myfriends::4myfriends:Guest staring: :4littlemac::4littlemac::4littlemac::4littlemac::4littlemac::4littlemac::4littlemac::4littlemac::4littlemac::4littlemac::4littlemac::4littlemac::4littlemac::4littlemac::4littlemac::4littlemac::4littlemac::4littlemac::4littlemac:

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
In order:

Sheik, Marth, Lucina, Falco, Greninja, Shulk, Captain Falcon, Robin, Ike, Game & Watch.

Sheik, Marth, and Falco were my mains in Melee. Marth and Falco in Brawl.

I generally like sword characters and characters with high mobility.

I played Captain Falcon for fun in Melee.

Game & Watch is just special to me. I think he's possibly the most expressive of all characters. Very fun to use.

DougX

Smash Champion
My Super Secret Underwater Volcano Lair in Space
NNID
Luigirasendori
3DS FC
0877-2652-6033
1. Mah Main Man Luigi. He's always there for me. :4luigi:
2. ROBIN BOY WONDER! :4robinm:
3. THE DOC HIMSELF! :4drmario:
4. Normal Mario. :4mario:
5. The Man Who Fights for his Friends. :4myfriends:
6. Marthazoid. :4marth:
7. Sahnik. :4sonic:
8. Shulk. The man who Shulks the Competition. :4shulk:
9. Warreoh. :4wario2:
10. Captain Fabulous. :4falcon:

ReddFloxy

Smash Apprentice
:4palutena:: This was the character I was most excited about even before she was announced and her play style looks really fun from what I've seen! Definitely going to do my best to main her.
:4zss:: Always been a big Metroid fanboy but I never quite felt good playing with normal Samus, Zero Suit however is very fun to use! A bit tricky at times sure but no pain no gain right?
:4duckhunt:: I'll make this very simple, he's adorable, he's funny and he will just piss of people online with his laugh, what's not to love about the little guy?
:4zelda:: Out of all the Zelda characters in the game, I always prefered playing as Zelda, something about her playing style just clicks with me. (I never bother changing to sheik so I'm quite glad the two got seperated)
:4shulk:: He looks like a fun and unique character that will require some skill and planning in order to use him effectively, I'm not sure that I will ever be very good with him but he surely looks interesting to try out + I like his accent.
:4marth:: The guy was my old main, him and I had a long run together so that's why I'm still going to place him this high up in the list. I most likely will not end up using him much though as I really desire for some change in gameplay.
:4peach:: I don't know why but every once in a while I enjoy playing with Peach and whacking people with a frying pan haha. I guess after all the seriousness everyone needs a little comic relief once in a while.
:4megaman:: After feeling him in the demo, he surely plays as a fun and unique character. I do love that they kept his classic look and his final smash will forever be a love letter to the fans of the franchise. (I still wish he had a protoman/zero skin)
:rosalina:: She looks like an interesting character like a fun and unique playstyle + she's my main in every Mario Kart game she been in. Might as well give her some love here as well.
:4lucina:: Same reason I like Marth, also I enjoyed Fire Emblem Awakening a lot so she deserves to get the honorable mention on the last slot <3

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
Order subject to change, but this is what I see it being as: :4robinf::4lucina::4pikachu::4duckhunt::4zss::4sheik::4greninja::4marth::4peach::4villagerf:

I originally had :4tlink:, but I don't care for his Final Smash.

Honorable mentions/possible replacements if one of those doesn't work out: :4wendy::rosalina::4ness::4drmario::4kirby::4sonic::4megaman:

Last edited:

Raijinken

Smash Master
:4robinm: - I've been wanting a not-exclusively-swords Fire Emblem character. Here he is.
:4shulk: - I enjoy Xenoblade (the story, gameplay's too WRPG for me to enjoy playing for a long time), and the different Monado forms make him look really fun to play.
:4marth: - He's been my main since Melee, and while he's finally taking back-seat to Robin, he'll still be one of my preferred characters.
:4falcon: - He who exceeds the Falcon becomes the Falcon. None can exceed the Falcon. (Go watch the final episode of GP Legend if that didn't make any sense to you). Also F-Zero is my favorite racing game.
:4ness: - Love the Mother series, and I like his moveset.
:4megaman: - Loved 1-7 and X1-6, and despite his projectiles all being pocket/reflectable, he's still fun and just feels good to play as (at least in the demo).
:4pacman: - I was worried about his inclusion, until I saw that he's basically Namco Museum: The Character, and then I really considered bumping him high into my mains. He just looks so fun.
:4palutena: - Until Robin was confirmed, Palutena was about to be my go-to magic user. Even still, she looks fun.
:4littlemac: - I've been wanting him in Smash since after I played Smash64 back in the day. Took him long enough, and he looks really fun.
:4samus: - Played a ton of Metroid over the summer, and it kinda made me want to play more Samus.

Persona96

Smash Rookie
1) :4myfriends:Love Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn. Was my main in Brawl and a secondary in PM.

2):4robinm:Huge fan of Awakening and the character himself.

3):4lucina:Same reason as above. I also enjoyed Marth in the other games.

4):4marth:Same reason as Lucina, but Lucina is more fanservice.

5):4drmario:Mario has gone to the gym. Prefer the fair kill move over the meteor smash.

6):4gaw:Always thought he was under appreciated. I love his 3-frame movement way too much.

7):4ness:"Okay."

8):4mario:A more sophisticated Doctor Mario.

9):4falco:Assuming he still has the dair spike.

10):4falcon:No greater satisfaction then landing a Falcon Punch.

Flareon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Phychic
3DS FC
1075-0904-3809
Switch FC
2251-4138-1049
1. :4robinm:
2. :4myfriends:
3. :4lucario:
4. :4lucina:
5. :4greninja:
6. :4sonic:
7. :4megaman:
8. :4link:
9. :4tlink:
10. :4shulk:

BlueZard

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tangerine1234
:4charizard:: I enjoyed playing as Pokemon Trainer in Brawl, so I'm sure I will enjoy playing as Charizard in SSB4 as a solo character. Also, that new blue palette swap is the best thing ever.

:4kirby:: I played as Kirby a lot in Melee, and sometimes in Brawl as well. I love his new orange palette swap, and his custom moves seem cool.

:4yoshi:: I also used Yoshi quite a bit in Melee and Brawl, he was my favorite character when I was little. I like the new purple palette swap, and I LOVE his custom moves. Finally, I can change his standard B move!

:4greninja:: I was really excited about this newcomer. He seems really cool, I always love getting new Pokemon representatives. His palette swaps are pretty good, too. I like the red, black, and gray ones.

:4lucario:: I actually liked Lucario in Brawl, so seeing him return was a happy surprise. I love his new Final Smash! And that green palette swap is pretty nice.

:4larry:: I don't even have to explain which palette swap I'm gonna be using here, since we have separate icons for them. But yeah, he seems really fun and I can't wait to try him out!

:4duckhunt:: Yes! Duck Hunt! When the leak was something new, I took it with a grain of salt at first, but then I began HOPING it was real, simply because of Duck Hunt. I'll probably be using the Rottweiler/Coonhound (?) palette swap.

:4metaknight:: I'm gonna use him simply because of the fact that he finally has Galacta Knight and Dark Meta Knight palette swaps. I was really wanting those! I may also use the red one on occasion.

:4rob:: I didn't use R.O.B. in Brawl very often, but I still liked him. I want to try to use him a little more in the new game. His Final Smash seems pretty cool now too. My favorite palette swap for him is probably the new pale blue one.

:4pikachu:: I used to use Pikachu all the time, but then I kinda stopped. But the Demo helped me get back into him again. I might use him every once in a while. Probably the "Shiny" one with Red's hat.

Honorable mentions: The characters in my signature who I didn't already list.

D

Deleted member

1. CF
2. CF
3. CF
4. CF
5. CF
6. CF
7. Sheik
8. Luigi
9. Bowser
10. Wario

FlacidGiraffe

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0963-1902-4306
:4link: (All time favorite since n64, heard he's getting buffed)
:4charizard:( Loving the new changes)
:4tlink:(My main from brawl)
:4myfriends:(Had fun with in Brawl)
:4pikachu:(Loved him since n64)
:4greninja:(Hyped that he's in based off plat style)
:4sheik:(Glad she's her own character)
:4wario:(Had fun in brawl)
:4bowser:(Had fun in Brawl)
:4lucario: (Final Smash Change)

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
:4shulk:

Now it's Shulk time!

Luigi player

Smash Master
:4sonic::4diddy::4dk::4wario2::4littlemac::4greninja::4megaman::4palutena:

Those were the easy ones. After that it's getting difficult. There are too many possibilities, and I still don't know how each character works... I do have a prefered list, but it's still too many so it wouldn't make much sense to post all of them. :p

Last edited:

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
1. :4robinm::4robinf: Because I really love awakening
2. :4lucina: Because my OTP in fire emblem is now in smash. Both of them.
3. :4peach: I annoy my friends by hitting them with golf clubs. it's fun.
4. :4yoshi: I love this guy mainly because back in 64 people would make me play him to try and beat me. All that happened is Yoshi got even more deadly.
5. :4palutena: I'm interested in her movesets. Should be fun.
6. :4myfriends: I get the feeling I'm really good with this guy I just never tried before.
7. :4ness: Been watching Earthbound LPs. Have come to appreciate this series.
8. :4zss: I was decent with her in brawl. I'll try a second time.
9. :4zelda: I've always wanted to be good with her. Hopefully I can pull it off this time.
10. :4link: Gotta have dat Link.:4link: Been loving him in the demo.

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
In no particular order (outside of Robin being my favourite :p):
:4robinf::4lucina::4marth::4sheik::4samus::4zss::4mario::4falcon::4jigglypuff::4ganondorf:

Last edited:

Ghoti

Smash Cadet
:4shulk: because I'm really feeling it. He seems quite advanced. I want to play around with Shulk.
:4duckhunt: the counterpick for any close-range fighter. Plus, he looks so fun.
:4ludwig: I'm totally maining Ludwig.
:4sheik: and I'm maining Sheik because she's a badass and can combo.
:4zss: basically techno-Sheik
:4yoshi: I was a Yoshi main in 64 and he was my secondary in Brawl.
:4pacman: I can't wait to play as him. I feel like great things can be done with him.
:4falcon: Faw-cown pawnch
:4greninja: reptile-Sheik
:4littlemac: destructive.

Novice_Brave

Smash Journeyman
1. :4zelda: - I've been supporting Zelda and researching her this entire pre-release period. After spending so much time working on her, I'd better have her as my main or at least my main secondary.
2. :4palutena: - Palutena was a character I'd wanted from the start. I think her design is awesome, and I love her character in KI: Uprising. I also love "mage" type characters, and I think she fills both that niche and the niche of being a staff user/shield user. I've always wanted a good staff or shield character, and she's got both!

3. :4ness: - Ness was my Brawl main, and I think he's looking just as fun here. I just love his attacks, personality, and Earthbound itself, so he's another no-brainer for me.

4.:rosalina:- Another character I wanted from the start. I love her character and design, and her playstyle is very interesting to me. A puppet character with pretty sparkly galaxy magic? YES PLS.

5. :4lucina: - I've never been good with Marth, but I've always wanted to be - so I think Lucina's "balanced blade" is a better fit for my playstyle, and I love Awakening + Lucina was one of my favorite characters so that's always a big plus

6. :4robinm:- Again, I loved Awakening to death, and Robin is one of my favorite characters in all of FE. I like that (s)he's really different from all of the other FE characters, and (s)he seems really fun to play for sure. I wish a Robin that looked more like mine was a costume :crying:

7. :4wiifit: - WFT has had an interesting journey with me. When I first heard from a friend "Wii Fit Trainer was confirmed" I was really shocked and kind of annoyed. I had hoped she was actually just an AT or something and that my friend was mistaken, but after I saw her trailer I was much happier. They infused her with the Smash spirit and it just made her hilarious and fun. Her crazy looking hitboxes, speed, and "jack of all trades" kind of moveset seems really fun and I can't wait to play around with her.

8. :4bowserjr:- While I was initially kind of "meh" on the idea that there would be 7 Mario reps, I'm glad that he's here. I love his design (though I don't really like the Koopalings... sorry ;w;) and he seems super quirky and fun. I think that he's a very strong secret newcomer - I didn't expect him at all, and his moveset is really fun. Wins all around.

9. :4duckhunt:- A seriously WTF character for me. I gotta say that I had no inkling or thought that DHD had any potential to be a playable character. Maybe an AT, but like... wow. However, I'm really glad he's in! He's super unique and fun, and I think he looks incredibly strong right now.

10. :4drmario: - Mario but /100x cooler/

Greninja'd

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Asianbanana
3DS FC
0645-5951-1667
:4duckhunt:-Fun character to troll with and has a strong camping game.
:4shulk:-I just like Xenoblade and I'm really feeling it.
:4robinm:-Comes from a great game and has a unique mechanic.
:4lucario:-One of my Brawl mains and one of my favorite Pokemon
:4greninja:- My favorite Pokemon of all time.
:4falco:- Also my Brawl main.
:4sonic:-Gotta go fast.
:4littlemac:-I enjoyed Punch Out!! for the Wii and he has a OHKO move.
:4falcon:-I think you already know why.
:4megaman:-Very different playstyle.

Top Bottom