• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who are the worst actors you've ever seen?

Fourside

Smash Ace
Hehe this is a very negative thread - who are the worst actors you've seen in movies and more importantly why? I am not talking about actors you dislike but rather actors who just cannot act .

For me I haven't seen much worse than Ewan McGregor's and Hayden Christensen's acting in Star Wars Episode 2. That was truly dreadful; disturbing in fact.

Both characters were terribly bland and dull to watch, and neither did they effectively express emotion. The Episode 2 love scenes between Anakin and Padmé were the most hilarious that I've ever seen..... it really made me cringe.

I am quite confident however, that the main reason for their lack of success is the limited dialogue George Lucas gave them. It's very hard to make effective portrayals with such terrible dialogue. Besides, Ewan McGregor could act in "Trainspotting"... I blame it on his "English" accent mainly....

Ticadrius

Grammar Hammer
BRoomer
MacGregor's actually not too bad, I think. He is trying to imitate Alec Guiness's persona, you know, always calm and collected, and with that same tone of voice. He's actually pretty good.

The kids that play Anakin in both films have each sucked. Really badly. Where did they get these kids, a whorehouse in Oslo?

As for the worst actors ever...has anyone seen the Bee Gees act?
No? I rest my case.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Christopher Lambert.

He has to be the most monotone actor ever. He was in "Resurrection"(which is possibly the most ****ed up movie I have seen) which was good but his bland acting took it down a notch.

Afrotaki

Gay skies today.
BRoomer
Timothy Dalton - the man always looks like he's about to cry.
Daniel Radcliffe in the first Harry Potter - do I even need to elaborate?
Shaq - has anyone else seen a Shaq movie? No? Be very grateful.

The Windwaker

Smash Journeyman
You're missing one of the most famous worst actors of all times... steven sigal (or however you spell his last name).

That squinting and no emotion... is just horrible... although the movies are amusing because of his terrible acting... he should retire... yet, he keeps coming for more.

Also, music artist are terrible actors
*shivers* britney spears,

MJS

NOT A FINGAH!
BRoomer
To begin: Ewan McGregor's Obi-wan is strikingly similar in voice, appearance, and personality to Alec Guiness's Obi-wan. McGregor's fine and dandy. It's Hayden Christensen who needs a good smacking.

To conclude: I hate Ashton Kutcher, as some of you may recall. Still do.

kupo

Smash Lord
Tom Everett Scott in "American Werewolf In Paris".
Pure Bad Acting.
I mean, some girl is on a "Near Death" condition and she pleads the guy(^ actor) to kill her. And he casually just says " No, I won't".
And another scene where he tries to act clumsy and he (on purposely) just falls. It just looks plain stupid.

It's Bad Bad acting.

King Genius XIII

Smash Lord
Originally posted by Fourside

For me I haven't seen much worse than Ewan McGregor's and Hayden Christensen's acting in Star Wars Episode 2. That was truly dreadful; disturbing in fact.
I agree with you on hayden, but Ewan McGregor is an actor genius.

Me, I'd have to say Vin Diesel. He sucks.

bonehead

Smash Apprentice
Luke wilson sucks. **** right. I don't know who he is, though.

No offence, but Brittany Spears is completely trash on the screen. Her voice is like....OMG!OMG!OMG! OMG!

It's totlaly screwed. AH

Revolutions

BRoomer
BRoomer
these fields are optional but will enhance your on
If Luke Wilson is the person I'm thinking of, he's actually pretty good, as long as he's in a good movie. For example, he was cool in The Royal Tenenbaums.

Basically, those who suck are those who aren't actors by trade, such as music stars, or basketball players. And while George Lucas can still write a good story, his dialouge has deteriorated, which is why I don't really blame Hayden, who was good in that other movie.

Am I an actor or a liar?

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
The worst? Christopher Walken, Robin Williams, Liam Neeson (Shindler's List acting really sucked, badly), Woody Allen, and Sean Connery.

Among the best are Hayden Christensen, cast of 7th Heaven, Amanda Bynes, Hilary Duff, and Sean William Scott (Bulletproof Monk).

Notice all the old guys suck?

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
You listed Hilary Duff over Sean Connery?

Dude, you need to be shot... or something. Sean Connery's a great actor. Granted, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen wasn't exactly exceptional, but have you ever seen The Hunt for Red October? I personally thought he was great in that.

As for Hilary Duff, all I have to say is that she is the encompassment or every pop-culture stereotype in existence. And I don't like her acting, I've seen her TV show.

I also think that Hayden Christensen has been covered in this topic. He sucks.

I also think Robin Williams is a good actor as well.

Meh.

Dude! I love Christopher Walken. His voice is so scary that it's funny.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
My sarcasm was well hidden. Good job, choknater.

Also, Tom Hanks sucks.

And Justin Timberlake (starring in one Disney movie) r0xx0rz j00.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Originally posted by choknater
My sarcasm was well hidden. Good job, choknater.

Also, Tom Hanks sucks.

And Justin Timberlake (starring in one Disney movie) r0xx0rz j00.
I suspected, but I felt like ranting anyway. If you're going to be sarcastic, there should be a few context clues to let us know. Sheesh.

Craftstar

Prank Monkey
BRoomer
Sean William Scott (Bulletproof Monk)
Maybe in Bulletproof Monk (haven't seen it) , but American Pie 1-3 are funny and The Rundown is one the best movies I've seen in a REALLY long time (saw it today, everyone needs to go see it).

bonehead

Smash Apprentice
No offense, but in my opinion, Greg Coleman is not too good on the screen. He talks like a fricking ******, and he seriously does not know how to cry. He needs a new job.

MJS

NOT A FINGAH!
BRoomer
Originally posted by choknater
The worst? Christopher Walken, Robin Williams, Liam Neeson (Shindler's List acting really sucked, badly), Woody Allen, and Sean Connery.

Among the best are Hayden Christensen, cast of 7th Heaven, Amanda Bynes, Hilary Duff, and Sean William Scott (Bulletproof Monk).

Notice all the old guys suck?
You have to be joking. Simple as that.

If you're actually not, may <deity> have mercy on your soul.

Devilkoopa

Smash Lord
umm i think everyone is missing one person:

jet li.

I love his fighting moves, but he only plays one role: badass. cradle to the grave? mysterious cop. the one? mysterious villian. need i go on?

i also hate steven segal, woody allen (too many movies) ,that girl from the truth about charlie and what's the worst that can happen?, anakin from episode one, and the WORST OF THE WORST: madonna *shudder*

i do like christopher walken, ray park (darth maul and toad) , hugh jackman, sean connery, uhhh and a bunch of others i cant think of.

H

HooDlum

I think most of these actors are pretty good, they're just in some trashy movies. Robin Williams and even J-Lo weren't bad in "Jack." But I agree with the Star Wars: Episode 2 thing, the acting in that was corny as **** and the love interest was more funny than hilarious.

Moy

Where's the coffee cake?
Slippi.gg
MOY#56
Old thread. Anyways...

Anyone on the DISNEY CHANNEL. That means all movies and TV shows. Especially Hannah Montana.

I hate that show.

The ONLY movie that was great was Bob the Butler. That movie blows anything else the Disney Channel has done out of the water.

Viroxor

Smash Ace
Hayden Christensen isn't that bad in my opinion. And about Jet Li only playing badasses, what's wrong with that? Samuel L. Jackson only plays angry black men, and he's awesome.

But I have to say Steven Seagal and the cast of any Disney Channel show are the suck.

Liam Neeson, Alan Rickman, Bruce Willis, and Steve Buscemi are the awesome.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Seriously? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tV3jpekiec

^His acting in that is so bad I can't even watch the whole thing.
In Christensen's defense (I know, I can't believe I'm saying it either), the dialogue in that scene is dripping, rancid bull****. Whoever wrote those lines should get their noses shoved in it (even if it's Lucas himself).

Still, he's not good. Like REALLY not good. But I think some decent lines would've helped him considerably.

Viroxor

Smash Ace
Yeah, Ep. II was suffering from poor dialogue. The only characters with acceptable lines were Mace Windu, Jango Fett, and Count Dooku.

I thought he got better once he started being evil in ROTS.

Autydragoon

Smash Journeyman
In a circle with Fez, Hyde, Eric and Kelso
Old thread. Anyways...

Anyone on the DISNEY CHANNEL. That means all movies and TV shows. Especially Hannah Montana.

I hate that show.

The ONLY movie that was great was Bob the Butler. That movie blows anything else the Disney Channel has done out of the water.
exactly. I can't even listen to those shows they're so low quality. The acting just gets on my nerves. Bob the Butler was a good movie. But some what because Tom Greens awesome.

Edit: Some of the animated shows on Disney are pretty good but there's only one or two.

Top Bottom