• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who are the worst actors you've ever seen?

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
It depends oh-so-much on the script. I absolutely hated Ledger in A Knight's Tale and Four Feathers, but those were pretty subpar films. Whereas in Dark Knight he legitimately blew me away (I mourned his death only after seeing his chops on display there).

I think actors that "suck", beyond the obvious ones like Van Damme and that whole crew, don't exist so much as bad scripts do. Tom Cruise disappoints me because he has fallen into playing the same persona, yet in films like Magnolia or Born on the Fourth of July he can truly deliver. (I also found his character the only interesting one in Lions for Lambs, which was a bit too underwhelming for me, largely because all characters but him exuded black and white morality).

However, some actors are more talented than others. Even in utter pulp, Chris Cooper and Philip Seymour Hoffman will mesmerize. As such, there are surely actors on the lower end of this spectrum, and I will investigate it fully with a forthcoming edit.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I think actors that "suck", beyond the obvious ones like Van Damme and that whole crew, don't exist so much as bad scripts do.
What's even worse is when good actors are cast in bad roles in horrible scripts. If you've ever seen the live action Street Fighter film, you'd know what I'm talking about, Raul Julia as M. Bison. The worst part is, that was his last film role before his death. Christopher Walken gets put in all sorts of crap he shouldn't be touching with a ten foot pole. Morgan Freeman, to some extent, falls into the same category, but Morgan Freeman himself can get away with it. Wanted was awful (mostly due to the bad actress, Angelina Jolie), but the best part was with Morgan Freeman saying this supposed to be epic speech and ending it with "so SHOOT this mother ****er!"

Yinlong

Smash Journeyman
i remember watching this stupid chinese movie
it tried to be touching
it tried to make me cry
but the actors just sucked so bad, like the director took them off the street
and the story was stupid.
i hate that movie.

Muzga

Smash Ace
i would gladly punch a wall over watching any movie where jack black has a lead role.
other terrible actors include dania ramirez, any rapper/musician who goes into film, danoel radcliffe in general, kiera knightley and martin lawrence.

and i agree, keanu reeves does suck

M.K

Level 55
Miley Cyrus, I want to stab my eyes out.
Basically, anyone and everyone on that godforsaken Disney Channel.

GI Josh

Smash Journeyman
Hehe this is a very negative thread - who are the worst actors you've seen in movies and more importantly why? I am not talking about actors you dislike but rather actors who just cannot act .

For me I haven't seen much worse than Ewan McGregor's and Hayden Christensen's acting in Star Wars Episode 2. That was truly dreadful; disturbing in fact.

Both characters were terribly bland and dull to watch, and neither did they effectively express emotion. The Episode 2 love scenes between Anakin and Padmé were the most hilarious that I've ever seen..... it really made me cringe.

I am quite confident however, that the main reason for their lack of success is the limited dialogue George Lucas gave them. It's very hard to make effective portrayals with such terrible dialogue. Besides, Ewan McGregor could act in "Trainspotting"... I blame it on his "English" accent mainly....
I agree, but wasn't Ewan McGregor Dooku? he was ok

Any rappers that attempt to act+Heath Ledger+Christian Bale=FAIL!
Go die somewhere

zrky

Smash Lol'd
One (shes not well known) would have to be the chineese girl from teh newest Mummy movie, shees HORRIBLE.
I don't really like luke wilson.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
One (shes not well known) would have to be the chineese girl from teh newest Mummy movie, shees HORRIBLE.
AGREED.

Also, on an only partially unrelated note, it's completely unacceptable to make a Mummy movie without all the core characters, and that includes Rachel Weisz. As bad a movie as Mummy 3 was, it would've been a lot more fun if they could've gotten her back.

So, by extension I hate the actress who replaced her.

Top Bottom