• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which veteran would you like to see back? (Strawpoll)

Kangaexe

Smash Apprentice
NNID
onlykanga
3DS FC
2363-5649-9211
#FreeThem.png
Hey guys, iv spent a bit of time searching around to see who are the most requested veterans that people want to be brought back to fight their worth! Iv complied them into a Strawpoll to get a rough idea of who we want back! Iv been asking the casual and competitive community for feed back and this seems to be the fighters people want to return the most!!

Here's the Starwpoll

The reason I havent added all the veterans is to get a more precises idea of how many people want who back. Id very much like to know everyone's reasons to who they choose, itd help me with creating arguments for each fighters weakness and strength and hopefully get more people on board with having veterans back!

(btw I made a thread on Reddit if you prefer to discuss it here)

Last edited:

shane3x

Saint of Swords
No surprise Wolf is at the top, we've had plenty of large scale community polls before on various websites.

D

Deleted member

Strawpoll is being laggy and mean. So i'm going to say :snake:.

Zoljinx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zoljinx
3DS FC
5343-8245-7441
pretty sure Wolf is going to be almost everybody's first pick, and i'm under the assumption that he will be returning in the future. so i put my vote to Ivysaur cause (s)he's the only character i actually miss from the previous Smashes. (excluding Wolf... and Squirtle)

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Realistically speaking, I think Wolf is our next veteran, but I voted Snake. He is to me the quintessential third party with an inspired moveset, great lore, and an undeniably ginormous fanbase.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
With my vote, Snake is now at the top.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'd like to see any of the Brawl veterans return, but most of all, I really want Snake back. He was really fun to play as, represented an entire series, and there's no system limitations excuse for why he was cut.

StormC

Smash Hero
Wolf should (and hopefully will) definitely return but Snake was one of the best designed characters in the whole series.

Plus I have more attachment as Snake in Brawl got me interested in Metal Gear and MGS is my all time favorite game.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
View attachment 58581 Hey guys, iv spent a bit of time searching around to see who are the most requested veterans that people want to be brought back to fight their worth! Iv complied them into a Strawpoll to get a rough idea of who we want back! Iv been asking the casual and competitive community for feed back and this seems to be the fighters people want to return the most!!

Here's the Starwpoll

The reason I havent added all the veterans is to get a more precises idea of how many people want who back. Id very much like to know everyone's reasons to who they choose, itd help me with creating arguments for each fighters weakness and strength and hopefully get more people on board with having veterans back!

(btw I made a thread on Reddit if you prefer to discuss it here)
So uhh.... what's Ivysaue?

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
I'm going to be the oddball that voted other (Pichu), although Snake and Wolf are both well justified and excellent additions to the game, along with Snake being possibly the most innovative brawl newcomer moveset wise and I'd love to see them both back, but I simply like Pichu more than both of them and I think Pichu actually could benefit this time around from his self damage with the new rage mechanic.

Now I kind of want to see which of Young Link, Pichu and Squirtle have more demand, since all 3 of them combined still don't have much :p.

Ivysaur and snake are my top 2 after roy returned.

Snake is easily one of my favorite characyers in smash and i have never played MGS. Ivysar was just plain fun and is one of my favorite pokemon

Tetra's Tracker

Smash Journeyman
I want all the veterans back (perhaps with the exception of Young Link) but the Ice Climbers have to get my pick for no. 1. They're one of the most iconic to Smash and unique fighters in the series, plus they're the only characters to be in more than one game to be cut. So them not being here is a tremendous shame.

My list of most wanted to least wanted:

1. Ice Climbers
2. Red - so unique and his importantance to the Pokemon series makes him a worthy rep.
3. Snake - one of the most unique, complex and fun characters in the series. Also a big icon for Smash and gaming in general
4. Wolf - just a great character
5. Pichu - his gimmick makes him interesting.
6. Young Link - meh. Don't think there's roomy for both him and Toon Link

slambros

Smash Ace
I voted for Ice Climbers. They're who I truly want in. I'll accept and buy the others, though.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Wolf is my most wanted veteran and is still pretty much the one character that really has nothing holding him back from becoming DLC...except for the fact that he isn't in the game yet...

Elin

Your face is strange... Is it always like that?
NNID
ShinySilverEevee
3DS FC
5301-1189-1305
Voted for the Ice Climbers, even though their chance is extremely slim.

shane3x

Saint of Swords
Hey Sakurai, If Dark Pit and Doctor Mario buggered off to make some room for some real characters we'd all appreciate that.

Tetra's Tracker

Smash Journeyman
Hey Sakurai, If Dark Pit and Doctor Mario buggered off to make some room for some real characters we'd all appreciate that.
I'm not particularly enamored by those two either, especially Dark Pit, but didn't Sakurai say they were just alts that he fleshed out slightly and they didn't have any baring on the final roster?

It's good that Wolf is the most popular pick since he's an absolute shoo-in really can't see him not getting in now we have Lucas and Roy. We'll get him to coincide with Star Fox Zero's release. The rest I can't see happening unfortunately.

shane3x

Saint of Swords
I'm not particularly enamored by those two either, especially Dark Pit, but didn't Sakurai say they were just alts that he fleshed out slightly and they didn't have any baring on the final roster?

It's good that Wolf is the most popular pick since he's an absolute shoo-in really can't see him not getting in now we have Lucas and Roy. We'll get him to coincide with Star Fox Zero's release. The rest I can't see happening unfortunately.
Which is exactly why if they went away nobody would care and their portrait spaces on the roster could be replaced with other DLC characters down the line. There are only going to be so many spaces and the roster has to space out nicely.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I feel like Ivysaur is one of the most well-designed characters Smash ever had. I know it's a long shot but I'd love to see Ivy back one day.

shane3x

Saint of Swords
I feel like Ivysaur is one of the most well-designed characters Smash ever had. I know it's a long shot but I'd love to see Ivy back one day.
Ivy was fun, although with charizard being seperated out into his own character and Gen 1 already being so heavily represented it wouldn't be easy for him.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Which is exactly why if they went away nobody would care and their portrait spaces on the roster could be replaced with other DLC characters down the line. There are only going to be so many spaces and the roster has to space out nicely.
LOL, are you serious? You want them to cut some characters just for have the boxes for them? You know that, if space is really a problem, they could just create a separate window for DLC characters under one box named DLC, just like the Mii Fighters (and as they have alredy done on the official website)?

Besides, just because you don't bother about clones, it doesn't mean everyone else do. I love both Lucina and Dr. Mario WAY more than Marth and Mario, and I'm not the only one.

And IMO those 2 add more to the roster than other thinks. Dr. Mario is for 64/Melee Mario players, which is great since he is now not that great (plus he is like a semi-clone now), while Lucina is a perfect start for new players, and most of the tecnique I use with them don't work with Mario (different stats and gimmicks) and Marth (due to the tipper), so they are different in my eyes.

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Ivy was fun, although with charizard being seperated out into his own character and Gen 1 already being so heavily represented it wouldn't be easy for him.
Yep, Charizard's a dirty traitor. He was the worst of the three PT pokemon too. Unfortunate.

I had a serious crisis on that day. Greninja was totally dampened for me due to Charizard.

Tetra's Tracker

Smash Journeyman
Yep, Charizard's a dirty traitor. He was the worst of the three PT pokemon too. Unfortunate.

I had a serious crisis on that day. Greninja was totally dampened for me due to Charizard.
My heart fell when they announced Sheik and ZSS were being separated into separate characters since I knew that probably meant the end for Red then seeing Charizard by himself just confirmed it. I only held a grudge against Greninja since I thought that meant no Mewtwo. I'm just hoping Red, Squirtle and Ivysaur are assimilated back into Charizard's moveset for SSB5.

shane3x

Saint of Swords
LOL, are you serious? You want them to cut some characters just for have the boxes for them? You kniw that, if space is really a problem, they could just create a separate window for DLC characters under one box named DLC, just like the Mii Fighters (and as they have alredy done on the official website)?

Besides, just because you don't bother about clones, it doesn't mean everyone else do. I love both Lucina and Dr. Mario WAY more than Marth and Mario, and I'm not the only one.

And IMO those 2 add more to the roster than other thinks. Dr. Mario is for 64/Melee Mario players, which is great since he is now not that great (plus he is like a semi-clone now), while Lucina is a perfect start for new players, and most of the tecnique I use with them don't work with Mario (different stats and gimmicks) and Marth (due to the tipper), so they are different in my eyes.
Of course things can be adjusted space wise, but DLC isnt going to happen forever. They have to plan these things out. Right now we could get like what, 2 more characters without any major changes. Anymore then that they would require another major change to the screen planning and if they were only adding another 1 or 2 it might not be worth that change especially for the dead space, for another 10 new characters they could justify the change.

Why do clones have to be a separate character? They could easily be a skin and their specials such as Doctor Mario's Pills could become customs instead. That way people who want the slight variations still get them and for the rest of us which is the majority who want a more diverse cast with a unique moveset we get real characters. You will find more people who either hate or dont care about Doctor Mario than those who love him. Doctor Mario is not a semi clone he is a clone (http://www.ssbwiki.com/User:Toomai/Cloneosity). No--one was asking for him back. Its not like when Brawl came back the Internet set on fire because he wasn't there.

Last edited:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Of course things can be adjusted space wise, but DLC isnt going to happen forever. They have to plan these things out. Right now we could get like what, 2 more characters without any major changes. Anymore then that they would require another major change to the screen planning and if they were only adding another 1 or 2 it might not be worth that change especially for the dead space, for another 10 new characters they could justify the change.

Why do clones have to be a separate character? They could easily be a skin and their specials such as Doctor Mario's Pills could become customs instead. That way people who want the slight variations still get them and for the rest of us which is the majority who want a more diverse cast with a unique moveset we get real characters. You will find more people who either hate or dont care about Doctor Mario than those who love him. Doctor Mario is not a semi clone he is a clone (http://www.ssbwiki.com/User:Toomai/Cloneosity). No--one was asking for him back. Its not like when Brawl came back the Internet set on fire because he wasn't there.
Because they have difference from the originals. Just making them alt with theirs specials as custom isn't right. Besides special, Dr. Mario changes in hitboxes, stats, have a different Down-Air, and he lacks a meteor Smash and the fire property. Try to recreate these with the customization offred. It's impossible. Besides the fact that customs aren't allowed in several modes and in online in general, reduce Dr. Mario to an alt would be a slap in the face to his melee fans. Just think what would happen in the community if they reduced Roy or Ganondorf to alts during Brawl.
People hate Dr. Mario now because people is stupid. They think he stolen somebody's place, while it isn't true. Besides that he was requested, not as other characters, but he had a good base.
You can see always more people not caring about almost any Smash 4 newcomer (besides Mega Man) rather the ones who loves that character, so it isn't a point. For example, I don't care of :4bowserjr::4littlemac::4robinm::4shulk: and :4megaman:, but not for this I would EVER say that they were wast of time or shouldn't be characters in smash or be cut for DLC/Smash 5, and so should people do with other characters, like the always hated :4jigglypuff::4wiifit::4rob::4pacman::4mii::4duckhunt:.

Last edited:

shane3x

Saint of Swords
Because they have difference from the originals. Just making them alt with theirs specials as custom isn't right. Besides special, Dr. Mario changes in hitboxes, stats, have a different Down-Air, and he lacks a meteor Smash and the fire property. Try to recreate these with the customization offred. It's impossible. Besides the fact that customs aren't allowed in several modes and in online in general, reduce Dr. Mario to an alt would be a slap in the face to his melee fans. Just think what would happen in the community if they reduced Roy or Ganondorf to alts during Brawl.
People hate Dr. Mario now because people is stupid. They think he stolen somebody's place, while it isn't true. Besides that he was requested, not as other characters, but he had a good base.
You can see always more people not caring about almost any Smash 4 newcomer (besides Mega Man) rather the ones who loves that character, so it isn't a point. For example, I don't care of :4bowserjr::4littlemac::4robinm::4shulk: and :4megaman:, but not for this I would EVER say that they were wast of time or shouldn't be characters in smash or be cut for DLC/Smash 5, and so should people do with other characters, like the always hated :4jigglypuff::4wiifit::4rob::4pacman::4mii::4duckhunt:.
They weren't given separate character slots because they were unique, they have differences because they needed a way to somehow justify them to pad the roster out (and if they were going to make DLC characters anyway but lied or didnt tell us their existence is even worse and not justified as a seperate character).

You say fans but compared to pretty much a majority of the cast, he would be on the bottom tier of popularity. Even Sakurai himself said he is just padding, its an insult to fans of Doctor Mario that he isn't unique and is the bare minimum work. If that is the case why they don't just go all the way and just make him a skin is outstanding. Dark link is a skin yet Dark Pit isn't even though Pit has a Dark Pit skin already? Absolutely incredibly.

If Doctor Mario was a Ganondorf to Falcon in that even though they share the same moveset there was a huge enough difference to make them play different, his existence may be justified in that sense but as a character he will never be. Reduce Doctor Mario to an Alt? He already is.

If Roy can get the unique flavour treatment, why can't Doctor Mario and Dark Pit? They'd be easier for most people to stomach that way if they were Luigi's or Wolf's. He didn't steal anyone's place but his place would be much better served if they actually did something with the character or made a new character instead of purely padding.

You might not care for little mac, robin and the rest but they provide a good variety of options. If the roster didn't expand with unique playstyles and instead have 500 mario variants like you seem to want the game would be trash. Lets put Doctor luigi in there why dont we? Doctor Wario? Dentist Mario? Umpire Mario? Raccoon Mario. Yeah lets put those all in there because we'd love if everyone was a clone with 2 figures tweaked.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Pichu is the only option. Bring back the true King of Disrespect!

Seriously though, I voted for wolf. I hope they edit his moveset a bit more. He seemed very uninspired in brawl.

Kangaexe

Smash Apprentice
NNID
onlykanga
3DS FC
2363-5649-9211
I dont see Ivysaur's chances hurt by Red being split up, I feel like both Ivysaur and Squirtle have a chance to come back seeing as they arent clones and are both very unique

shane3x

Saint of Swords
I dont see Ivysaur's chances hurt by Red being split up, I feel like both Ivysaur and Squirtle have a chance to come back seeing as they arent clones and are both very unique
As much as they are unique I think it hurts their chances greatly as coming back in DLC for Smash 4 that Charizard is on his own. Perhaps in Smash 5, but thats still a long shot unless they decide to bring back Pokemon Trainer. Gen 1 is already heavily represented (by the most popular of Gen 1 minus Japan's Jiggs). If they both came back the pokemon rep would rival Mario's which no series is ever likely to pull off.

At this stage we believe its either no more pre-ballot characters are coming or 2 more are coming before ballot characters are worked on. They've said they are only doing a handful more characters (Highly unlikely any DLC for smash will come after E3 2016) so regardless of which scenario we are currently in Squirtle and Ivysaur are very far from the top in who people wanted back/in that's for sure. I guess they could take out Doctor Mario, Dark pit etc... and then that would be fine.

Last edited:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
They weren't given separate character slots because they were unique, they have differences because they needed a way to somehow justify them to pad the roster out (and if they were going to make DLC characters anyway but lied or didnt tell us their existence is even worse and not justified as a seperate character).

Why in the world you belive that the clones have stolen place for DLC?! It doesn't make any sense. They have got theirs slot because they are bonus characters, made for having 51 characters instead of 48. Sakurai himself compared those characters to a free dessert that a restaurant gives you after a meal, and who hates clones and says that they should't be separate are or refusing this bonus or screing to the waiter "I don't want that, change it into a steak!!1!1!".

You say fans but compared to pretty much a majority of the cast, he would be on the bottom tier of popularity. Even Sakurai himself said he is just padding, its an insult to fans of Doctor Mario that he isn't unique and is the bare minimum work. If that is the case why they don't just go all the way and just make him a skin is outstanding. Dark link is a skin yet Dark Pit isn't even though Pit has a Dark Pit skin already? Absolutely incredibly.

Surce that he said Dr. Mario with his Melee moveset is an insult to the fans? Because I remeber only his interwiev where he says that making him an alt would have been otrageous. Having him as it was is exactly what his fans wanted, and it also respound to all the fans who constantly asked to remove the FLUDD and re-add the Tornado. Dr. Mario accomplishes both roles.
Both Lucina anf Dark Pit where added due of their huge fan-base, since they are extremely popular in Japan, USA and Europe. Besides Pit doesn't have a Dark Pit skin, but woh this way of thinking, we shouldn't have Wolf because Fox had a Wolf skin, or Wario because Mario had his skin. It's stupid.

If Doctor Mario was a Ganondorf to Falcon in that even though they share the same moveset there was a huge enough difference to make them play different, his existence may be justified in that sense but as a character he will never be. Reduce Doctor Mario to an Alt? He already is.

No he isn't. No matter if the character is the same, if he had differences he should be put in a different place. Or are you saying that they also must cut Sheik and ZSS because they are Zelda and Samys?

If Roy can get the unique flavour treatment, why can't Doctor Mario and Dark Pit? They'd be easier for most people to stomach that way if they were Luigi's or Wolf's. He didn't steal anyone's place but his place would be much better served if they actually did something with the character or made a new character instead of purely padding.

Roy is a character you have to pay 4/5$ for, and they had 8 mounths for create him. Lucina, Dr. Mario and Dark Pit where a free bonus created in few mounths. And it doesn't matter if people don't want them, Sakurai put them and they will stay. Besides, Dr. Mario was an established veteran, so just for this he deserved his spot more than enough. No matter if you think it's justs padding.

You might not care for little mac, robin and the rest but they provide a good variety of options. If the roster didn't expand with unique playstyles and instead have 500 mario variants like you seem to want the game would be trash. Lets put Doctor luigi in there why dont we? Doctor Wario? Dentist Mario? Umpire Mario? Raccoon Mario. Yeah lets put those all in there because we'd love if everyone was a clone with 2 figures tweaked.
People are asking for Paper Mario
Little Mac adds almost nothing new. He just punchs with attacks that aren't even from Punch-Out, he is similar to Falcon not a clone, but the playstile is still "close range with no projectiles" (meanwhile they cut Snake, the only character that have added a real new playstile in the series as a trap master), but besides it I never stated they shouldn't be there (as I write even in CAPS, maybe try to read better next time), and I just think that the whole hate for clones is:
1)Childish
2)Useless
3)Boring
They haven't stolen anybody's place, they will never do that and they have enough differences for justify their inclusion as separate characters.

shane3x

Saint of Swords
Why in the world you belive that the clones have stolen place for DLC?! It doesn't make any sense. They have got theirs slot because they are bonus characters, made for having 51 characters instead of 48. Sakurai himself compared those characters to a free dessert that a restaurant gives you after a meal, and who hates clones and says that they should't be separate are or refusing this bonus or screing to the waiter "I don't want that, change it into a steak!!1!1!".
Smash 4 is the first to have DLC of any kind so its going to be a test bed in terms of character inclusions. It's definitely not a service where you get X characters for base with regular DLC characters and whatever interval. Right now there are 54 tiles in the Wii U version including Random and Mii fighters. Right now we know there are currently 2 hidden mario's in the code and there is space for 2 more characters. The original tiles pre Roy/Ryu/Lucas had a lot of empty space hence why the current set up cut a lot of the side space from each tile.

Sakurai has also said that they aren't going to be making too many more characters and only being a year out from the NX reveal and possibly another year before its release support for Smash is going to end sooner rather then later and be more limited than inclusive. Of course he can't be seen bagging out his characters regardless of how trivial they are. A better anology would be that they are topping on a cake. The cake itself is what people like, the topping doesn't make or break the cake and can be changed quite easily.

Character slots should be for archetype diversity, and in 95% of the time that is why they are. Different playstyles. No-one complains about Alph or Wendy because those are done right, extra's without the limits. Characters are limited and why Dark Pit and Doctor Mario aren't skins is mind boggling.

Surce that he said Dr. Mario with his Melee moveset is an insult to the fans? Because I remeber only his interwiev where he says that making him an alt would have been otrageous. Having him as it was is exactly what his fans wanted, and it also respound to all the fans who constantly asked to remove the FLUDD and re-add the Tornado. Dr. Mario accomplishes both roles.
Both Lucina anf Dark Pit where added due of their huge fan-base, since they are extremely popular in Japan, USA and Europe. Besides Pit doesn't have a Dark Pit skin, but woh this way of thinking, we shouldn't have Wolf because Fox had a Wolf skin, or Wario because Mario had his skin. It's stupid.
Statistically wolf is the least clone character in the entire series. By that logic Wario should be cut because Mario has his colours, Waluigi should never happen because Mario has his colours. Roy should have not come back because Marth has his colours. It's a throwback not a reason to not include characters.

Character wise, Doctor Mario is still Mario but with a different Job. However his smash representation makes little effort to show that. If they had even bothered to put in a tiny amount of effort to differentiate the 2 like Falcon/Ganon it would be tolerable at best. Doctor Mario is unique enough to be a fighter in his own right but not enough to give him his own playstyle that shows off his medical/doctorness? Pills is a basic visual throwback to him being a Doctor but nothing else about him makes the Connection to the Doctor part of Doctor Mario. It's lazy padding.

We have customs and skins for a reason. If Sakurai wants to have an online mode where you cant use customs thats his choice to balance it that way. Although thats more of a justification to have online modes where customs can be used not to create lazy characters for pandering purposes.

Lucina won't return in Smash 5. At least Lucina and Marth have a justification for being separate. Doctor Mario *IS* Mario. Press X on Pit 3 times and there is your Dark Pit. Press Y on Dark Pit twice and there is your Pit. Throwbacks are one thing, having both characters have the colour palette of the other character is another. Dark Pit is in because Sakurai bias. If Link can get a Fierce Diety skin, Pit can just have a dark pit skin. At least Fierce Deity would be unique.

No he isn't. No matter if the character is the same, if he had differences he should be put in a different place. Or are you saying that they also must cut Sheik and ZSS because they are Zelda and Samys?
That's a huge unjustified stretch to try to play that one and you know it.

Roy is a character you have to pay 4/5$ for, and they had 8 mounths for create him. Lucina, Dr. Mario and Dark Pit where a free bonus created in few mounths. And it doesn't matter if people don't want them, Sakurai put them and they will stay. Besides, Dr. Mario was an established veteran, so just for this he deserved his spot more than enough. No matter if you think it's justs padding.
We don't know Roy was in development for the whole 8 months after Wii U smash. They could have easily kept Doctor mario and friends back, no-one would have cared and then they could have come back as actual characters which could keep the DLC train all the way going till Smash 5. They won't make that many non-veteran character DLC because that would ruin a lot of new inclusions for Smash 5. Doctor Mario never made it to the final Brawl roster and no-body cared. If one of the main reasons Doctor Mario should come back because he was in the game once and nothing about the character itself thats a poor reason. It is padding, not I think its padding.

Little Mac adds almost nothing new. He just punchs with attacks that aren't even from Punch-Out, he is similar to Falcon not a clone, but the playstile is still "close range with no projectiles" (meanwhile they cut Snake, the only character that have added a real new playstile in the series as a trap master), but besides it I never stated they shouldn't be there (as I write even in CAPS, maybe try to read better next time), and I just think that the whole hate for clones is:
1)Childish
2)Useless
3)Boring
They haven't stolen anybody's place, they will never do that and they have enough differences for justify their inclusion as separate characters.
p
Paper Mario is a bigger franchise than Doctor Mario, he would be a million times better then Doctor Mario. Little mac is a good character for new players to try and has some potential in higher play, since he simplifies the smash mechanics (and smash mechanics are already very simple) and compensates for power and super armour. That and he is a boxer which plays differently and is the first time a fighter character from another fighting game has appeared in smash. Smash isn't cannon so having moves that arent real is going to happen (a lot of smash characters dont have moves that exist so dunno why you are trying that one).

Snake most likely got cut due to License/Konami v Kojima reasons and nothing else. He had a unique playstyle for sure and it was a shame he got cut.

Clones are a result of a lack of detailed features and options. Not because they are justified in their own right. If we had custom normal moves and not just custom specials a lot of clones would no longe be needed but because Smash hasn't reached that point yet clones are a thing. The fact we are moving towards skins and custom moves is a move towards customisation and that clones won't be needed in future if we can tweak existing characters to be them while that allows more character archetypes ina game with limited slots.[/quote]

Last edited:

Kangaexe

Smash Apprentice
NNID
onlykanga
3DS FC
2363-5649-9211
1)Childish
2)Useless
3)Boring
Lil Mac adds a lot compared to Falcon, Falcon is 60% aerials while Mac is 90% patience

shane3x

Saint of Swords
Lil Mac adds a lot compared to Falcon, Falcon is 60% aerials while Mac is 90% patience
It says enough about how serious he is and how justified what he saying is. "Mac shouldnt be in because he punches people close range and thats too similar to Falcon".

Borderline trolling is what it is.

Top Bottom