• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which series should get a second rep?

Which series should get a second rep?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Burigu

Smash Ace
I love Palutena to pieces but I don't think she would be good as a fighter and I don't understand all her baseless support, only reasons I here to support her is beacuse shes female and from Kid Icarus, and another thing she is a goddess and more powerful than the other smash characters, and why is she thought to be a shoe in? She is not a shoe in!
We have the worst case of "my opinions are facts"

Not good as a fighter?
So we have a character that has tons of magic attacks
A character that can have ANY imaginable attack you can think because of her status
That has been shown to use THOSE moves in her actual game
That even carry a Staff and a Mirror Shield yeah she doesn't have any options
It's not like in smash they can make characters movesets from 0 yeah that has never happened

Baseless support?
You know when you think everyone is wrong except you maybe it's the other way around,
So you think she get support only for being a woman? there are tons of characters that are woman that don't get much support because they don't captivate the fans the way she does, you know characters don't become popular only because they are women
She is a charming character with lots o personality much more than other characters
She has a really good design
She has already proven that she can fight
So we have a charming character, that is very likeble, with a good design, a diferent status from existing characters, that have various FIGHTING MOVES SHOWN. Yeah baseless support.

I suggest you to not going around criticizing people because that's what you are doing, you are implying people only like her because she is a woman.
You don't see people claiming the characters you support are baseless support on your part, you can doubt a character, you can even argue why you don't like them but so far you are only saying "I don't think she can fight, I think she is odd and you are supporting a character that doesn't deserve it" not even known facts there only your personal perception.

Please don't play the GODDESS CARD here, SMASH is not canonical with the series represented in them, so she is not OP if you think her IN game status prevents her for appearing, you must think the next are right too:,Mario can't fight Peach, Link can't fight Zelda why Ganondorf is alive if Link killed him in the end of Twilight Princess, so if every character is balanced to play and fight an ally that normally wouldn't attack in their respective franchises there is no reason to say they can't balance Palutena despite being an "OP GODDESS".

You said you liked her but your strong bias tells otherwise, so if you don't like people saying Wonder Red, Bandana Dee or the Avatar are "baseless support" don't go saying other people the exact same think, so don't thread your opinions as facts. You can't see it? fine, that doesn't make it "baseless".

IronFish

Smash Ace
We have the worst case of "my opinions are facts"

Not good as a fighter?
So we have a character that has tons of magic attacks
A character that can have ANY imaginable attack you can think because of her status
That has been shown to use THOSE moves in her actual game
That even carry a Staff and a Mirror Shield yeah she doesn't have any options
It's not like in smash they can make characters movesets from 0 yeah that has never happened

Baseless support?
You know when you think everyone is wrong except you maybe it's the other way around,
So you think she get support only for being a woman? there are tons of characters that are woman that don't get much support because they don't captivate the fans the way she does, you know characters don't become popular only because they are women
She is a charming character with lots o personality much more than other characters
She has a really good design
She has already proven that she can fight
So we have a charming character, that is very likeble, with a good design, a diferent status from existing characters, that have various FIGHTING MOVES SHOWN. Yeah baseless support.

I suggest you to not going around criticizing people because that's what you are doing, you are implying people only like her because she is a woman.
You don't see people claiming the characters you support are baseless support on your part, you can doubt a character, you can even argue why you don't like them but so far you are only saying "I don't think she can fight, I think she is odd and you are supporting a character that doesn't deserve it" not even known facts there only your personal perception.

Please don't play the GODDESS CARD here, SMASH is not canonical with the series represented in them, so she is not OP if you think her IN game status prevents her for appearing, you must think the next are right too:,Mario can't fight Peach, Link can't fight Zelda why Ganondorf is alive if Link killed him in the end of Twilight Princess, so if every character is balanced to play and fight an ally that normally wouldn't attack in their respective franchises there is no reason to say they can't balance Palutena despite being an "OP GODDESS".

You said you liked her but your strong bias tells otherwise, so if you don't like people saying Wonder Red, Bandana Dee or the Avatar are "baseless support" don't go saying other people the exact same think, so don't thread your opinions as facts. You can't see it? fine, that doesn't make it "baseless".
You missed my post on getting off topic. I should never of even brought Palutena here, you just keep saying the same things over again anyway...

Burigu

Smash Ace
You missed my post on getting off topic. I should never of even brought Palutena here, you just keep saying the same things over again anyway...
The same can be say about you with your Palutena "hate" you never bring actual points or facts only tell everybody how she doesn't fit, in the end I didn't expect a real counterargument from you anyway it's easier to say you don't want to go off topic than trying to convince others you are right I stated a valid argument and points, respect others if you want to be respected so abstanin for saying things like X character support is baseless only because you don't like it because other people might say the same for the ones you support and you aren't going to like it.

So my suggestion to you is to be more careful the way you express, if you don't want to appear as a rude person , it is clear to me you are not going to be convinced even when multiple people show you actual points why she is liked

Last edited:

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Kid Icarus got the most relevance and character variety of all those listed for a second rep. Its so likely to happen that it makes this poll a bit unfair.
But just for going for the second place. I would like Mona or any other character from the Wario Ware series since Samurai Goroh is an AT already and 3rd parties can't have 2nd rep without making the other 3rd parties feel uneven.

IronFish

Smash Ace
The same can be say about you with your Palutena "hate" you never bring actual points or facts only tell everybody how she doesn't fit, in the end I didn't expect a real counterargument from you anyway it's easier to say you don't want to go off topic than trying to convince others you are right I stated a valid argument and points, respect others if you want to be respected so abstanin for saying things like X character support is baseless only because you don't like it because other people might say the same for the ones you support and you aren't going to like it.

So my suggestion to you is to be more careful the way you express, if you don't want to appear as a rude person , it is clear to me you are not going to be convinced even when multiple people show you actual points why she is liked
I see she is liked and I like her character a lot, but that doesn't mean I want her in smash. I feel she is like Ridley; popular and requested, but unlikely. And let me restate in case you forget again: I like Palutena she just isn't a "fighter" type character.

andimidna

Smash Master
she just isn't a "fighter" type character.
:4villager:Animal Crossing is full of wars and battles.
:rosalina:Everybody remembers that time when Rosalina beat up Bowser.
:4peach:Probably Nintendo's most badass fighter character.
:4wiifit:Is only associated with fighting and various attacks.
:4kirby:That design screams fighter.
:4sheik:Sheik fought so much in Ocarina of Time, I can't even count all of her battle scenes.
:4zelda:I still remember that Zelda game where things were turned around and she saved Link.
:4olimar:Nah, he just commands Pikmin. How could he fight in Smash? Plus he's too small.
:4yoshi:Really? Mario's ride for Smash? Sure, let's put Epona too then.
:popo:I was never able to get Ice Climber NES due to it's overly violent themes.
:jigglypuff:I don't think anybody has ever looked at Jigglypuff without thinking "that fighter character needs to be in Smash"
:gw::rob::pt:Okay, you should get the point by now.

And to finish off my case: http://kotaku.com/an-in-depth-chat-with-the-genius-behind-super-smash-bro-530744390

"An important thing is that the characters stand out from one another—for instance, we might wanna be able to take characters that aren't typically combat-based characters. So you might have a sword-based character, but other characters are not necessarily going to [have swords]. You're not gonna wanna focus on that sort of element, just so there's a distinction between all of the other combat-based characters.

They have to have something really unique that makes them stand apart from other characters in the game, and not limit yourself to characters that are just combat-based."

Please understand.

Last edited:

Burigu

Smash Ace

:4sheik:Sheik fought so much in Ocarina of Time, I can't even count all of her battle scenes.
:4zelda:I still remember that Zelda game where things were turned around and she saved Link.
:4olimar:Nah, he just commands Pikmin. How could he fight in Smash? Plus he's too small.
:popo:I was never able to get Ice Climber NES due to it's overly violent themes.
:jigglypuff:I don't think anybody has ever looked at Jigglypuff without thinking "that fighter character needs to be in Smash"

And to finish off my case: http://kotaku.com/an-in-depth-chat-with-the-genius-behind-super-smash-bro-530744390

An important thing is that the characters stand out from one another—for instance, we might wanna be able to take characters that aren't typically combat-based characters. So you might have a sword-based character, but other characters are not necessarily going to [have swords]. You're not gonna wanna focus on that sort of element, just so there's a distinction between all of the other combat-based characters.

They have to have something really unique that makes them stand apart from other characters in the game, and not limit yourself to characters that are just combat-based.

Please understand.
I can't thank you enough for this! I couldn't have done any better, you are so right in a game filled with unusual fighters, saying one character doesn't fit for the role is kind of hilarious

IronFish

Smash Ace

An important thing is that the characters stand out from one another—for instance, we might wanna be able to take characters that aren't typically combat-based characters. So you might have a sword-based character, but other characters are not necessarily going to [have swords]. You're not gonna wanna focus on that sort of element, just so there's a distinction between all of the other combat-based characters.

They have to have something really unique that makes them stand apart from other characters in the game, and not limit yourself to characters that are just combat-based.

Please understand.
I need to phrase that better I meant fighter typical of smashbros, not a fighter in general, and you don't think I haven't gotten that before for being the only one who doesn't see how obvious it is Palutena will be in smash bros...

And again this isn't the place to discuss it, this is about series that need another rep.

Last edited:

RIDLEY is too SMALL

Smash Journeyman
I have always felt that there are some Nintendo franchises that shouldn't have more than one representative.

On one hand, if the Legend of Zelda series is being represented in a large collection of iconic and/or popular Nintendo all-stars, then of course you need Link and Zelda and Ganon. Otherwise, the essence of the LOZ series would be incomplete.

On the other hand, franchises like F-Zero and Yoshi (regardless of how popular or obscure they are) can be fully represented in Smash by the inclusion of only a single character. For example, F-Zero has a ton of racers, but Captain Falcon is the only one that really stands out and, as the mascot of the franchise, he is able to represent F-Zero as a whole without the need of any other villain or sidekick or female character or whatever.

Of the series discussed in this forum, I personally feel that the only one that really needs (and is obviously going to get) more representation is the Kid Icarus series. In fact, I think that it could it could use two more reps, with Palutena and Medusa to fully capture the spirit of the series.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Since Palutena is practically a guarantee, I choose the Wario series; however, if one pick took away from the other I would choose Kid Icarus.

Last edited:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
On the other hand, franchises like F-Zero and Yoshi (regardless of how popular or obscure they are) can be fully represented in Smash by the inclusion of only a single character. For example, F-Zero has a ton of racers, but Captain Falcon is the only one that really stands out and, as the mascot of the franchise, he is able to represent F-Zero as a whole without the need of any other villain or sidekick or female character or whatever.
Let's play a game where I take what you said but change it into this:

On the other hand, franchises like Kid Icarus and Yoshi (regardless of how popular or obscure they are) can be fully represented in Smash by the inclusion of only a single character. For example, Kid Icarus has a ton of characters, but Pit is the only one that really stands out and, as the mascot of the franchise, he is able to represent Kid Icarus as a whole without the need of any other villain or sidekick or female character or whatever.
See what I did there? My point is who are you to decide whether or not a franchise only needs one character or that only one character really "stands out"?

Just because you aren't a fan of F-Zero doesn't change the fact that it has had twice as many games as Kid Icarus and it's own TV show. The series is far richer than you give it credit for and has a bunch of characters full of personality.

Last edited:

RIDLEY is too SMALL

Smash Journeyman
Just because you aren't a fan of F-Zero doesn't change the fact that it has had twice as many games as Kid Icarus and it's own TV show. The series is far richer than you give it credit for and has a bunch of characters full of personality.
Actually, I love F-Zero. F-Zero X was one of my favorite games growing up and I still play it from time to time. Maximum Velocity was one of my first GBA games, and I recently bought and greatly enjoyed the original F-Zero on Virtual Console.

More importantly, F-Zero GX is, in my opinion, the greatest racing game ever created (by far), and I play it religiously.
And there are plenty of F-Zero characters that I have grown attached to, such as Leon, the Skull, Pico, Deathborn, Beastman, Roger Buster, Phoenix, Blood Falcon, and my go-to racer Octoman.

F-Zero is awesome. However, even as an adamant fan of the series, I do feel that the abundance of characters kind of makes them all seem equally notable, with the exception of Captain Falcon.

My main point about F-Zero in my earlier post is that Captain Falcon's inclusion in Smash is able to fully embody what F-Zero is without the need for additional characters.

Last edited:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
In all honesty I think Yoshi should get Kamek, and F-Zero should get Goroh.

Even though both are deconfirmed.

ACDC

Smash Journeyman
I'm thinking that Black Shadow would make a great addition, but most people might jus call him BS for short

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I voted Kid Icarus... I want Palutena and/or Medusa.

My second choices would be Yoshi, Wario, and Pikmin...

Yoshi series gets an Ice Climber-style team of Baby Mario and Baby Luigi with moves from Yoshi's Island (Superstar Mario) and Mario & Luigi (Bros. Items, Bros. Attacks).

Wario series gets Overalls Wario who used to be Wario's alternate costume in Brawl but is now his own separate character with an unique moveset/gameplay based off Wario Land games, including his transformations.

Pikmin series gets Louie who uses the same Pikmin types except he uses Rock Pikmin instead of Purple Pikmin... and his Up+B recovery is Olimar's old Up+B recovery from Brawl instead of Winged Pikmin.

BloderModer

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0731-4748-9425
I'd rather see Pico as a new F-Zero rep. He's one of the original 4 and he'd be a great contrast to the more heroic C. Falcon.

Also KI would be good with 2 new reps, I think it deserves more than the other series.

Last edited:

ACDC

Smash Journeyman
I voted Kid Icarus... I want Palutena and/or Medusa.

Yoshi series gets an Ice Climber-style team of Baby Mario and Baby Luigi with moves from Yoshi's Island (Superstar Mario) and Mario & Luigi (Bros. Items, Bros. Attacks).

Wario series gets Overalls Wario who used to be Wario's alternate costume in Brawl but is now his own separate character with an unique moveset/gameplay based off Wario Land games, including his transformations.

Pikmin series gets Louie who uses the same Pikmin types except he uses Rock Pikmin instead of Purple Pikmin... and his Up+B recovery is Olimar's old Up+B recovery from Brawl instead of Winged Pikmin.
At first I was telling myself WTF, people actually want the combination of baby mario/luigi. But at the Wario post it got quite obvious that you were trying to troll people.

ACDC

Smash Journeyman
I'd rather see Pico as a new F-Zero rep. He's one of the original 4 and he'd be a great contrast to the more heroic C. Falcon.

Also KI would be good with 2 new reps, I think it deserves more than the other series.
In a perfect world, Pico, Samurai, Falcon and BS would be there. However I believe we will have to wait for another 2-3 smash games for this to happen. Until then I think BS would be more interesting as a character from my perspective. But hey, as long as one F-zero character gets added as a newcommer I'll be very happy. Besides we need more characters that are purely villans, such as Ridley, K.Roll and there's more I can't think of at this moment. But right there that's +3 bad guys who are much more welcome than the ridiculous Wolf clone of fox. As for KI I have mixed feelings about it. Only Palutena would be interesting to see really.

Eight Melodies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DestroyerGiygas
My vote would go to F-Zero definitely, though I don't think it will ever happen without a new game.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
At first I was telling myself WTF, people actually want the combination of baby mario/luigi. But at the Wario post it got quite obvious that you were trying to troll people.
If I were trying to troll people, I would have used this emoticon :troll: and SmashBoards regulars know I overuse that emoticon.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
A second Kid Icarus rep is all but guaranteed if the sheer amount of favoritism the series has gotten is any indication.

So I voted for Pikmin, since realistically it is the next biggest franchise of the lineup.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
A second Kid Icarus rep is all but guaranteed if the sheer amount of favoritism the series has gotten is any indication.

So I voted for Pikmin, since realistically it is the next biggest franchise of the lineup.
And what metric are you using?

Because in terms of sales, and thus recognizably, Wario easily tops anything on the list that isn't third party. Helps that Wario is practically repping two popular series.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
And what metric are you using?

Because in terms of sales, and thus recognizably, Wario easily tops anything on the list that isn't third party. Helps that Wario is practically repping two popular series.
Whoops, forgot about Wario (keep forgetting he has his own series).

I'm not going off sales but more prevalence within Nintendo. Pikmin is everywhere when you really look, including (semi-ironically) Wario's games. Being one of Miyamoto's birth children its definitely up there; not Mario and Pokemon levels mind you but still high in the ranks.

Mabataki

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4167-4743-1372
Kid Icarus and Sonic are the only 2 series with other characters who are notable enough to become a second rep. Why is Game and Watch and Ice Climber even a option

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom