• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which retired smasher do you want to see again?

Cryptic C62

Smash Cadet
Over the years, there have been plenty of smashers who have risen to excellence, only to slip away from the Melee scene to make room for the next generation. It may be impossible to convince the titans of days past to return to the battleground, and even if we could, there's no guarantee that they would be as great as they were in their prime.

Still, it is an interesting question to consider: Of the smashers that have retired, whose return would you want to see more than anyone else's?

==

To kick it off, I'd like to see King come back to challenge the Jigglypuff throne. In a time when niche characters are becoming more and more popular, I'm curious to know if Mango's inspiration would be able to contend in the modern smash scene.

Geist

Smash Master
I guess ken would be kinda cool to see again, only to see how he would fare in the current competition (no pun >:l)

strawhats

Smash Master
I'd like to see Ken, M2K (no brawl at all as a marth main), and KDJ (although he's kinda making a comeback), and Chu (love his climers)

4 Aces

Smash Ace
Ken, Isai, and Bombsoldier. I was gonna say Germ, but it seems like he's already making a comeback.

But FastLikeTree would be cool too. I've always been a fan of his. Kinda curious of how he would stack up; there aren't enough videos to really gauge his skill level. :/

Life

Smash Hero
Is there really a question? I don't think anybody doesn't wanna see Ken.

I first got interested in competitive smash from the NP article on it. It mentioned Ken. And I'm like "I wanna be the very best, like no one ever was as good as Ken". And thus I began... well, sort of. I may have started, but I've barely moved. :( A problem to be fixed. But Ken had an effect like no other smasher... though I wouldn't know...

*goes back to lurking*

D

Deleted member

ken obviously. i like watching really one-sided horrendous slaughter fests. ken's wallet isn't thick enough yet.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
lol @ bombsoldier.

Azen for sure though. Simplified the game more than anyone I've ever seen besides Mango(but he doesn't count because he's in his own tier).

After that uh....maybe one of the big Peaches from back then. Vidjo,Cort,Sastopher.

defsithe

Smash Ace
isai and ken

if only there was a way where isai and ken could fight isai and CJ, which isai would win 2v1
XD

CableCho57

Smash Lord
id like to see ken and isai come back as a team.
I think its pretty certain neither of them alone would win a national today with armada, m2k, hbox etc. even a sandbagging mango

BUT.....

I feel like ken/isai has a legit shot at winning a national doubles

Top Bottom