• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's your biggest weakness as Peach?

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Yeah when Im mad I generally do worse as well. When emotion goes up, rational thinking goes down.

Also, I barely toad. At all. I really need to use him >_>.
That comment made me so mad I actually just got 99 stocked by a Lvl 1 CPU right this second because I was in such a furious rage and couldn't concentrate

I hope you're happy...

Roxas215

Smash Lord
my biggest weakness with peach isn't char specific. It's her lack of ko power. I can rack up damage i just can't kill. And with my aggressive style once i lose the 1st stock i get mad and start blindy attacking which in turn gives myself a extra 40-90 damage before i even get the 1st kill. Peach is so frustrating to play yet i keep doing so. lol

But if i had to pick a char it would def be metaknight. Although i just have a personal problem with that kirby clone bat with all my chars. Marth and sonic(a good sonic lol)gives me a hard time as well when im peach.

TreK

Is "that guy"
I always spotdodge instead of rolls.
That became predictable, and i eat falco's fsmashs like... always xD

i don't gfsc much in real matches :/

i'm scared of edgeguarding with peach since her recovery is the worse of all my characters (i play diddy, luigi and gaw so... :/)

kujibiki57

Smash Cadet
I hardly ever spotdodge/airdodge, I'm way too used to smash 64

I grab too much

I ALWAYS forget to DI

I have a problem with the fact that moves get weak by using them, once I use a Fair and the opponent is not near dying I simply stop using it for the entire match, or at least until very late on it, I need to get that outta my mind D:

Mittenkiss

Smash Cadet
My weakness huh?
Hmm.

-Sometimes I recover backwards right when I'm about to grab the edge and then I float to my death.

-I don't know if this counts, but when I begin floating, most of the times I Dair.

Iwan

Smash Ace
My only real weakness that I notice and that people I play against also notice is that I tend to float too much. What can I say, I'm a float addict :p

When I keep myself from floating TOO much, and limit it to just punishing spotdodges and a few mindgames here and there, I'm at my best. :D

But when I float to approach too often, I get punished a lot. It's really me just not using float smart sometimes. That's only sometimes though :p

That's my main weakness :/

EDIT: oh, and I realized someone said they forget to DI sometimes. It's weird...in friendlies, I ALWAYS forget to DI and momentum cancel until the very last second I'm about to die, so by then it's too late to DI, and since I didn't DI in the first place momentum canceling won't save me anyway. xD....however, in tournament matches, I ALWAYS, always DI right and use momentum canceling very well.

It's almost like I never DI in friendlies :|
*will use this excuse for future DI johns in friendlies*

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
- I'm inconsistent. Sometimes I get nervous when I'm dominating, which results in being over defensive.
- I don't use Dthrow enough.
- I Fair a lot.
- Somehow I'm very edgeguardable. Sometimes I have a difficult time getting back to the stage against ROB and Marth.
- I always try to Dair-combo, so I get punished a lot by ROB and other characters.
- My Toad gets predictable sometimes.

gantrain05

Smash Master
- I'm inconsistent. Sometimes I get nervous when I'm dominating, which results in being over defensive.
- I don't use Dthrow enough.
- I Fair a lot.
- Somehow I'm very edgeguardable. Sometimes I have a difficult time getting back to the stage against ROB and Marth.
- I always try to Dair-combo, so I get punished a lot by ROB and other characters.
- My Toad gets predictable sometimes.
Dthrow is good, but not really all that great over 40% it really depends with me, if the first hit on my opponent is a Dair combo, i don't need a Dthrow, but if i get a shieldgrab first i can usually chaingrab them 2-3 times, follow with a Ftilt > Utilt if they don't DI.

marth and rob are a pain in the ***, it is tough getting back on stage when fighting a good marth or rob, just try to mix it up and don't be predictable is the only advice i can give.

Dair combo is good, but if your predictable its easily punishable, try working on a SH to floating Dair instantly when your in their face, its much harder to see coming, and if they do see it all they can do is shield and you can back away if they do.

Iwan

Smash Ace
I noticed a lot of Peach's never use Up throw.

I know down throw is awesome at lower to mid percents, but Up throw is great at high percent. It gets your opponent in the air and puts you in a position to float underneath them, either waiting for them to airdodge so you can punish with nair, or you can wait for an aerial, airdodge it, and punish their miss.

Up throw>>>aerial float stalking is too goodz

Aerial Float Stalking= My made up term.
:|

lol

Suzarya

Smash Rookie
my weakness = waiting until the last possible moment to land the killing move

like sometimes I just get nervous if it's last stock high percentage for both or us, or if I'm in a bad situation. I just end up racking up more damage than I have to to kill, and it just leads to the opponent killing me first. :/ then sometimes, I become too predictable when I want to kill them. either I start spamming fairs or just something .. it just makes me really readable :/

gantrain05

Smash Master
i didn't mean it like that i meant that i always grab when the characters are to far away and i keep grabbing for like 5-6 times or until a characters lands an attack... yeah i knida sucks a little bit
lol oh >< yeah maybe after the first grab fails you shouldn't do that again lol.

Battletanx_Commander

Smash Journeyman
1. I run, float, or fall into smash attacks frequently. >.> I really hate doing that and I am trying to stop doing it.
2. If I get to aggresive and set my mind on doing one thing I start to play badly.
3. If I get emotional during a match I tend to loss my competitiveness and play worse. <.<
4. I need to space my ariels better, I'm getting Shield Grabed.
5. I become to predictable with my Floating, Glide Tossing, and attacking. -.-

TruckOSaurus

Smash Apprentice
Mmm let's see :

1. I roll too much
2. If I don't get the first kill, I will spam kill moves and act recklessly in hopes to even things out as quick as possible which results in me taking about 90% of damage going for the "quick kill"
3. I don't know how to handle the character's invincibility after a stock. I tend to jump off the stage and throw a turnip which puts me in a less than favorable position.
4. Smashing when I want to Tilt. I end up missing with a Up-Smash instead of hitting with a Up-Tilt
5. Picking up turnips when I'm close to my opponent
6. Using Peach Bomber too much.
7. Reverse umbrella, I'm dead if it happens
8. Not quick enough on the edge hogging.
9. I just don't know when to grab.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
If you want to get better at up tilt with tap jump on, just go to training mode and try up tilting for a mere 15 minutes. I gaurantee you after 15 minutes you'll be so good at it you wont have a problem. That's asking very little for what is IMO a very useful skill to have =)

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
yea I don't even bother w/ tap jump, too weird for me unless I'm cf/ganon.

on another note, another of my weaknesses is that I rly feel awkward spacing fair from a float. Idk...it's just that I only rly do it when my opponent has a sword or well good range. I'm starting to think that I don't rly float enuff. =o

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Sometimes I tend to overuse the Vegetables. Also, with such a limited grab range, your biggest opportunity to grab Captain Falcon and Ganondorf is after they perform their third jumps. For everyone else, it's a matter of trail and error, and also some defensive maneuvers.

At least I tend to play more defense than offense with Peach. However, I'd be on the offense more frequently with fighters like Wolf.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
- I'm stupid
- I sometimes don't react out of my shield fast enough and get punish for it.
- I crack alot under pressure alot.
- I lose to campers no matter what character it is.
- I can never play the way I know I can in tournaments
- I'm usually being rooted against in tournaments and that seems to affect how I play for some stupid reason
- I fail to abuse simple habits when I see them and just rush. (like rolling for exp.)
- I can never say that I am good or up there, for when I do and think that, I just do freaking horrible that it is insane.

TruckOSaurus

Smash Apprentice
If you want to get better at up tilt with tap jump on, just go to training mode and try up tilting for a mere 15 minutes. I gaurantee you after 15 minutes you'll be so good at it you wont have a problem. That's asking very little for what is IMO a very useful skill to have =)
The sad thing is that I have Tap Jump off... I'm just mean with my controller and smash that control stick too hard when I'm in a hurry to pull off a tilt. I'll still try that 15 minutes tilting practice in Training mode, I'm sure it won't hurt.

White-Peach

Smash Ace
The sad thing is that I have Tap Jump off... I'm just mean with my controller and smash that control stick too hard when I'm in a hurry to pull off a tilt. I'll still try that 15 minutes tilting practice in Training mode, I'm sure it won't hurt.
Using it solo (not following anything) is the hardest part. If you want to follow something with an UTilt, just buffer it. After a few days of that, you'll get used to the finesse of it all :p

Xyless

Smash Master
It takes some muscle memory to get down the right angling between tilt and smash for the up direction. I really didn't get it down until Brawl came out, thanks to *surprise* Peach. Since her up tilt was so amazing, I had to use it.

Easiest way to get used to it is just do it as much as you can.

CedricIzDead

Smash Journeyman
E) As odd as it sounds- I can't shorthop consistently. LOL
Me neither, but I think with Peach, it is kinda unnecessary - just insta-float at the desired height

But I guess it could take a while to do myself, but here goes:

1. I can't shield. For some reason, I just can't do it properly.

2. I can't fight against Peach with Peach. I find it so awkward and scary, so I tend to overuse Toad and Peach Bomber

3. I overuse Peach Bomber anyway. It's suh a useful attack when it ends well. But unfortunately, it doesn't end well often enough

4. I can't react after I predict people's moves. I know the moves for most characters, and I know what they will do. I just can neer figure out what will be the best course of action :dizzy:

5. If I find a move that works once, I'll spam it and it'll never work again.

6. I've stopped using Usmash! I feel so bad since that used to be my only reliable killer! But now i tend to flim-flam my way through a brawl, but idk, maybe it's just me.

7. I don't grab often enough :(
I have more, but I'm too lazy to write them all out, lol

BentoBox

Smash Master
I improvise far too much; I rarely approach my matches with set strategies in mind, which makes me really inconsistent.

goodkid

Smash Lord
I improvise far too much; I rarely approach my matches with set strategies in mind, which makes me really inconsistent.
You don't have to have set strategies, but you should be able to adapt & pick up on your opponents patterns. Having strategies in mind are good, but when your opponent does something unexpected, your strategies become obsolete. :p

Its not that I have a lot of problems w/ Peach, but just my observing/mindgames which I need to work on.

*I attack @ the wrong moments/impatient
*I don't think enough during my matches
*I don't space my moves well enough
*I don't punish hard & constantly enough

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
it seems most of the probelms that people have, are not character specific, and that they are, in fact, problems with their own play that could, and may likely translate to any character. I found that interesting... Most of our problems aren't rooted in Peach or her moveset, but of our own weaknesses as players. IMO(as well as the opinion of many others) Peach is one of the most mentally demanding characters to use to any degree of success. However, the fact that we crack under pressure or become mentally fatigued are not really flaws in her design.

Im by no means making this a segue to an attack on anyone, just wanted to point out something that people may not have noticed. I think it says something about the solidity of peach and her move set in the hands of proficent players. That leads me to my own internal conflict I have been having as of late: If I could remove the weaknesses from my game("my" in this case meaning we as the Peach community) what will that "perfect" Peach look like, and how effective will that Peach be as a character? This ties into where peach could end up on the tier list, but thats a whole other can of worms... Anyway, just had to point out the trend.

GA Peach

Smash Lord
my biggest weakness with peach is MK. i have a decent handle on how to fight any other character, but MK just gives me too many problems, and he stops me from enjoying playing peach as much as i should. any advice?

Xyless

Smash Master
1) I try to use the Peach Bomber to snap to the edge about 90% of the time, regardless of what the opponent is doing. The two major problems with this is after I've done it a few times and the enemy punishes it
Oh look, it's why I lost 9th place in my tournament match.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
my biggest weakness with peach is MK. i have a decent handle on how to fight any other character, but MK just gives me too many problems, and he stops me from enjoying playing peach as much as i should. any advice?
Patients and have him approach you mostly. Play denfensive. Here is a good video of it. Meta Vs Peach......round 7 mins long?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJARnXY764A&fmt=18

Top Bottom