• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's your biggest weakness as Peach?

Sky`

Smash Lord
my biggest weakness with peach is MK. i have a decent handle on how to fight any other character, but MK just gives me too many problems, and he stops me from enjoying playing peach as much as i should. any advice?
Fair his shield.
Fsmash right after, (Cancel the Fair.)

Toad his Glides.

Stay away, don't approach.

Always have a Turnip in hand.

Ggz. <3

gantrain05

Smash Master
i usually shield grab his glides, works for me about 90% of the time, Dair is your friend in this matchup also.

goodkid

Smash Lord
MK isn't too bad once you actually know how he plays. 50% of his moves are easily DI'd out of like fair,nair,jab,f-tilt,up-smash, if you DI properly, you will take minimum damage from each move, like 3%. I haven't played a lot of MK's as Peach, so I don't know everything he can do vs. her, but toad a lot, dair a lot, use turnips, jab, & grabs.

Xyless

Smash Master
DANG IT

Seriously, I can't get over this completely horrible habit I have of grabbing a ledge, jumping, and bomber'ing. It never works, it's ridiculously punishable, and it is the bane of my existence. In fact, the bomber in general is why I lose most of my matches nowadays.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Simple. NEVER BOMBER.

EVER.

Only, and only, when people roll, or when hitting something like the pillars on Luigi's or the tentacles on Brinstar.

gantrain05

Smash Master
Simple. NEVER BOMBER.

EVER.

Only, and only, when people roll, or when hitting something like the pillars on Luigi's or the tentacles on Brinstar.
lol YES, bomber on the pillars on weegees is the best, it pretty much lags the hitbox and peach is free to come back with a Fair approach or w/e she wants basically, thats my main form of approach on that stage.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I recently stopped using her bomber altogether. Is this a good thing?

On Topic:

- I never use toad, ever. Maybe once per 10 matches at the most xD

- I can get into the habit of doing the same thing over again if it works once, I seem to forget that she has more options lol xD
So yeah, I can be predictable, but I'm working on that ;)

- I don't take the time to learn things. I'm too lazy to learn and practice Peach's AT's and I find it boring to study her match ups. I prefer learning through experience xD
Though that still doesn't help me with some of those fancy AT's that Peach has.....

- I only ever use X/Y and C -Stick for Peach, and that's it.
I use X to control her float better and I use the c stick to Glide toss, and that's literally the only times I use these buttons in the entire game. Not sure if this is a bad thing but I figured I'd might as well mention it xD

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I recently stopped using her bomber altogether. Is this a good thing?
Yes. Except in the occasion mentioned above.

- I never use toad, ever. Maybe once per 10 matches at the most xD
Depends on matchup (Ike, use it on Ike), but it's good not to overuse it like otherrr people.

- I don't take the time to learn things. I'm too lazy to learn and practice Peach's AT's and I find it boring to study her match ups. I prefer learning through experience xD
Though that still doesn't help me with some of those fancy AT's that Peach has.....
Only learn the one's you think are worth it. Bair trap? Pfft. Glidetoss? HIT THE BOOKS!

But, I'd recommend learning the matchups. It's horrible when getting pawned by the random Olimar or Sonic simply because you have no idea what to do... :urg:

True stories.

Xyless

Smash Master
Simple. NEVER BOMBER.

EVER.

See, normally I only do the bomber to snap to ledges faster, and to change up how I grab the ledge to keep the enemy guessing. But now that it's been a month or so since I started doing so, I'm starting to get careless. I'll probably be taking it out completely, aside from maybe chasing off the side of the stage (like E_Z does) or the previously mentioned uses.

Honestly, I can use the Bomber relatively effectively (especially the backward pull one), but it's pretty much only the situation I mentioned (jumping from ledge and immediately bombing) that screws me. Doesn't even have a hitbox, for Pete's sake. I'm just giving them an excuse to hit me.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Or only use it if you can gaurantee it ledge cancels so your opponent can't punish, it's also AWESOME when you hit recovering opponents with this, it's the perfect edgegaurding move if it hits, 98% of the time they wont make it back to the edge.

Also dont forget guys there's 3 different kind of Peach Bombers you can do! (Slingshot, regular, and Smash) They each vary in how far she launches.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I also forgot to mention Jungle Japes.

You have the Falco-esque ability to cancel your side-b by snapping to the ledges.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Only learn the one's you think are worth it. Bair trap? Pfft. Glidetoss? HIT THE BOOKS!

But, I'd recommend learning the matchups. It's horrible when getting pawned by the random Olimar or Sonic simply because you have no idea what to do... :urg:

True stories.
Yeah I basically use the same tactics for each character xD
It usually works though lol
The only thing I'll switch up is how defensively I play or how aggressive I play. But I've been playing defensively a ton lately, but it seems to be working fine so far. I just don't want to get into the habit of that D=

I think I'll need to upload some videos of my Peach so that I can get some good input.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not a horrible Peach xD
But I'd like to see what everyone thinks =D

Oh and thanks for the tips Meno =D

Also dont forget guys there's 3 different kind of Peach Bombers you can do! (Slingshot, regular, and Smash) They each vary in how far she launches.
Wait what? I'm intrigued xD

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
I g2 powershield more consistantly since there's just waaay too many falcos out here in SoCal.

I g2 learn the Gdubs matchup coz there's just waaay too many good gdubs users out here too.

I g2 DI better b/c it's DI, 'nuff said. It's getting better though and I really have been paying more attention to it so Ima just practice it on the wifi til it becomes second nature and godly.

Smash DI also...gotta get better at that. Iono it just impresses me how teh_spammerer consistantly only got hit by 1 hit of ally's snake nair. srsly, that's hella useful so I guess ima pay attention to Niko's new DI thread. =)

Xyless

Smash Master
Yeah I basically use the same tactics for each character xD
It usually works though lol
The only thing I'll switch up is how defensively I play or how aggressive I play. But I've been playing defensively a ton lately, but it seems to be working fine so far. I just don't want to get into the habit of that D=

I think I'll need to upload some videos of my Peach so that I can get some good input.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not a horrible Peach xD
But I'd like to see what everyone thinks =D

Oh and thanks for the tips Meno =D

Wait what? I'm intrigued xD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVRem5vnAJo

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Oh I get it xD

Thanks =D

But what about the Smash vs Regular Bomber?
Guess I can look that one up myself xD

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Smash Bomber is just smashing the control stick as if you're going to do a smash attack + Peach Bomber. When doing this you'll go slightly further than normal.

Doing the regular is just tilting + Peach Bomber.

Also this was in Melee. Smashed Bombers was the only way you could accomplish Wall Bombing.

D

Deleted member

my problem is when I try to do things other than float dairs/fairs.

Top Bottom