• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS What's the first thing you'll do once you get Smash for 3DS?

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
Assuming you are meaning in the game itself, I will be either a) playing with computers as Bowser b) play a round of Smash Run or the most likely c) play against my two Brothers (They are getting the game also)

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Enshrine it and never play it. Super Smash Bros. 4 will be a trophy that has trophies inside of it. :p

Seriously, what do you think everyone is gonna do? Return it? Stomp it into the ground? Use it to create a revolutionary renewable fuel source? Feed it to a goat? Read it? Dip it in liquid nitrogen? :smash: it?

Moldy Clay

Smash Journeyman
NNID
frothyjazz54
3DS FC
3050-8737-8491
I won't be able to do a whole lot at first. My girlfriend and I both preordered it near where she works, so she'll just pick up our games as she leaves work or during her lunch, then she's picking me up and we have to go off to a rehearsal dinner followed by a wedding the next day. So I'll have to try playing in the car. Or, I will have to wait until we get somewhere and immediately start being rude by playing it during wedding food.

Having said that, barring the obvious (opening, putting it in, watching cutscene, blahblah):
- Playing through Classic Mode as Link first. It's what I do with EVERY SSB game.
- Customize my Mii Fighter.
- Play test all of the newcomers, starting with Shulk, in Versus mode (either against CPU or my gf).
- Play test all of my favorites from Brawl, starting with Luigi.
- Play test everyone else, starting with Pit & Bowser, to see if I like them more now than I did in Brawl/Melee.

If I unlock anyone during this process, I will halt whatever I was doing and play them first.

My plan is to unlock Ganondorf as soon as possible, then let things happen naturally. I don't actually want to know how to unlock anyone (except Ganondorf) so there is still an element of surprise.

After I've played everyone (and hopefully unlocked Ganondorf), I am going to play Smash Run. Preferably with my female, but whatever happens happens.

Then I will wind up just testing everything else, like the bonus modes. Home-Run Contest, Target Blast, Multi-Man Smash, Trophy Rush, that top spinning thing, etc. And then back to Classic Mode as whatever characters I really liked from testing them.

I'll see if my friend is available to try some online games with him, or just play random online (both for fun & glory).

Then I will focus on trying to unlock whoever is left, unlocking whatever else there is, and playing through everything as everyone.

I'm saving All-Star Mode for when I actually unlock everyone. Unless I actually have to play to unlock someone (like Duck Hunt).

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
My plan of attack is to play as Mario until I unlock Luigi and play as Luigi until I unlock Captain Falcon.

Then I'll run through classic with the Falcon.

Then vs. until the end of time.

I'm taking off work for this.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Turn it on obviously. :)

1. Look up how to unlock everyone, save to my computer.
2. Watch the opening scene if any, then go straight to a 3-stock match as Villager against Mario. Then try out all the other starter newcomers and then vets, as I continue trying to unlock characters.

hiramsthoughts

Smash Apprentice
Play a few CPU matches with my brawl mains to see how them feel and if I'll have to change them or not, then on by one, learn a character's moevset, and play classic mode, and repeat.

D

Deleted member

First thing I plan to do?

I'll do several runs of Classic Mode with a random character each time. It will be fun to experience each new moveset, and if earlier games are any indication, doing this will probably unlock Jigglypuff in the process.

Jones534

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5086-1162-9738
Start unlocking characters....unless their already unlocked and just play against some friends.

Xiaphas

Smash Cadet
1. Play Smash run with each of my favorite starter characters: Marth, Charizard, and Greninja
2. Play Classic Mode with every character in the order they appear in the roster, and then with any characters unlocked at that point.
3. Play Classic on 9.0 difficulty with whatever character turns out to be my new favorite.
4. Look up how to unlock the rest of the characters and do that.
5. Play All Star mode with every character.
6. BATTLE ONLINE

wingedarcher7

The PSI Powerhouse
NNID
speedstar623
3DS FC
3411-2028-1159
Start it up and jump straight into a VS game just so I can finally play, probably using Pit if he's unlocked from the start. Then I'll go into classic and play with my friends who I know are getting it too =)

D

Deleted member

I'll do a couple of VS. matches just to see what the new physics are like and try out Luigi, Pit, Shulk, and Robin. Then, I'll do Classic Mode to see what it's like now. Finally, I will be looking up how to unlock every character.

nuclearneo577

Smash Journeyman
Go into training mode with Grenina, then play some other single player modes with him, then play multiplayer with my brother when he gets off of school.

MrSirSteven

Smash Journeyman
Go straight into training mode and play a lot of Mega Man until I get use to the game. If Mega Man isn't a starter ill try to unlock him. #1 Priority :3

Last edited:

SonicMario

Smash Master
If Sonic is a Starter this time around: Immediately going to training mode to get the feel for the game while trying my #1 Main at the same time

If Sonic is unlockable again: Play as Mario and/or Pikachu in Training mode before setting off on immediately unlocking Sonic ASAP

ShyGuy16

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Juliansg16
3DS FC
0516-7704-2697
Well once I leave the Best Buy I'll have to go visit Mom and wait for my brother to get home from school. That'll be the roughest 4 hours ever. Once he gets home, I'll give him his copy and we'll play Smash Run. His favorite game is Kirby Air Ride and it is his birthday, after all.

Gabukin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gabukin
First thing I'm gonna do is do classic mode with Robin. Then I'll go straight to Vs mode and spam 1 stock matchs until I've unlocked every character, once that's done I'm going to training mode to learn the basics of the characters I wanna play (Robin, Ness, Shulk, & Little Mac.) then when I feel like I'm ready I'm gonna start spamming For glory matches!

Last edited:

Solarman

Smash Cadet
Like every smash I will start with a run through classic with Mario even if Megaman is a starter. Then I will go do some smash runs and hop on wifi in fun mode to try the new items and stages I will never see.

taul

Smash Rookie
Gonna check out the moves of every starting character and get used to playing smash without a GameCube controller. Then I'll probably try the obvious things to unlock as many new characters as fast as possible.

Komenja

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Komenja
Step 1: Select Bowser

Step 2: Random mode

Step 3: Dropkick everything

Step 4: Repeat step 1 through 3.

Nintendrone

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nintendrone42
3DS FC
2535-3781-8442
Switch FC
SW 3369 4102 5813
  1. VS matches with my bro and sis, most likely starting with Kirby.
  2. Smash Runs with them as well.
  3. Classic with whoever I liked best from before.
  4. ?????
  5. Profit CHALLENGER APPROACHING!

Homsar3

Smash Apprentice
First thing: I'm going to be bringing a list of how to unlock every character with me to the midnight release, and waste no time getting to it, and after unlocking every character, unless this is a way to unlock characters anyways, play an unhealthy amount of Smash Run. I love Smash Run... THANK YOU SMASH-FEST!

Werfloh

Smash Rookie
1. VS matches with Kirby against all newcomers to check out Kirbys new hats like I did it in Melee and Brawl
2. use the newcomers in VS matches
3. classic mode with one of them
4. ...
5. unlock Jigglypuff

Darkcaster95

Smash Rookie
If Greninja is unlocked from the beginning, I will play him. If not, I will go straight to Classic Mode with Link :)

Solar Crimson

Smash Cadet
NNID
SolarCrimson
3DS FC
1504-6082-4629
Try out some of the new characters (namely Shulk, Palutena, and Robin), and then make some Mii Fighters.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
1. Regular Smash matches in the following order (against Lv. 5 CPUs): Robin -> Pit -> Charizard -> Palutena -> Rosalina and Luma -> Shulk

2. Classic Mode as Marth (to see if it unlocks Lucina)

3a. If 2. works, play Classic Mode as Pit, then Mario.

3b. If 2. doesn't work, play Smash Run as Lucario.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
-Figure out how to unlock Lucina
-Unlock Lucina
-unlock everything gradually
-Play online
-Repeat step 4.

AlwaysMilk

Smash Cadet
NNID
DivineMilk
3DS FC
3668-9753-1480
Look at the screen title for like 4 hours.... The amount of things to do in smash is so vast I would just lose myself at the moment.

Megane-for-Life

Smash Cadet
NNID
megane-for-life
3DS FC
0533-5491-3147
I've changed my mind! With the starting roster, I will recreate the reveal trailers! The first being :4shulk: vs. :4bowser: (with one stock) vs. :4link: &:4marth: (in a team) It will be the best!

DarkBlueSpark

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-2076-2551
Start up VS Mode and probably play as Kirby. And just play VS Mode for days...
Though I'll probably give Smash Run a try eventually, I looovveedd City Trial in Kirby Air Ride.

André Cardoso

Smash Rookie
I'll buy the game together with some friends, so we'll try some multiplayer matches and also try out the new modes.

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash
Play online until the end of time...

Of course I will have to wait until the game comes out on Wii U to do so. NONETHELESS!!

Top Bottom