• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS What's the first thing you'll do once you get Smash for 3DS?

TheLightningGamer

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1375-7316-4338
So here in North America, Super Smash Bros for 3DS is coming in about a month, and I'm really hyped for it. I've been thinking the first thing I'll do when I first get my hands on this game, but I want to know what you guys are going to do? Me personally, I'll probably try out all of the characters in training mode, then start completing the challenges. Hopefully, completing some of those challenges will help me unlock new characters. So, what will you do once you get Smash for 3DS?

oscuras

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2105-8721-7551
Watch the opening cut scene. (If there is)
Then story mode with new and improved Zamus.

Goten21

Smash Journeyman
Play as Pika in vs mode! :D

After I'm done with Pika, I'm trying Zamus, Marth (if I won't like Marth, then I'll try one of the other swordsmen until I've found one I like), and Rosalina & Luma

Then I'll complete classic mode for Pika and Zamus

Aus0115

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aus0116
Probably play a few matches with a few characters then play smash run : D

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
I'll play a few versus matches with my brother, and then probably go through classic with every character who tickles my fancy. Which, based on the css leak, is 23 characters. Some are unlockable though, so I'll have to do whatever it takes to get them.

Megane-for-Life

Smash Cadet
NNID
megane-for-life
3DS FC
0533-5491-3147
I'll play a couple matches with either my friends or my brother. then i'll dive into classic mode with most likely rosalina.

Raijinken

Smash Master
Tear the plastic off the box.

But seriously, if I have friends around, straight into multiplayer or co-op "singleplayer" modes (depending on the number of friends). If not, straight into singleplayer for whatever unlock method gets me the character(s) I want most based on information I absorb from the Japanese release.

KimKarsmashian

Smash Journeyman
If my friends get it, we could arrange to play long-distance (since they all went to college in far away places). I don't know if that's possible, to say "I have this guy and this guy's friend code and I want to play with them," but I'll be trying it out. I've never done much online stuff so this might be my first time.

If not, then I'll just pick Yoshi, mess around on multiplayer mode to get a feel for the game, try out some of the new characters, then head into single player mode.

Smallgenie549

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smallgenie549
I'm probably gonna stay off Smashboards (and the internet lol) when the Japanese game releases. I'm fine knowing the characters, but I want it to be a surprise how to unlock them. I'll probably play a few matches to test out Kirby and Robin, then play Classic, Target Blast, Multi-man, All-Star, and Smash Run to see if I can unlock anything cool.

Bortverde

Smash Cadet
Play a EPIC MATCH with Sonic, Mario, Pac-Man and Mega Man
If they are unlocked in beginning, of course

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Stop using Smashboards.
Tear the plastic sheet.
Check the club Nintendo thing inside the box.
Play the game for nearly 6 hours.
Comment what I like or dislike about this game on Smashboards.

EgeDal

Smash Journeyman
Try every single characters against CPUs first,
unlock all characters,
try unlocked characters againts CPUs,
singleplayer mode,
online mode

DonkeyStrong

Smash Cadet
6 hours straight is nothing.

in the diablo days, 48 hours straight was not even max

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
First five things:

1. It'll probably ask some things like 'Enable Streetpass?', so I'll have to answer that stuff. :p
2. Watch the opening cinematic.
3. 'Play around' with the control custization.
4. Turn off the black outline.
5. Play a three minute match on Battlefield with Megaman.

yomanwazzap

Smash Rookie
NNID
Yomanwazzap
So here in North America, Super Smash Bros for 3DS is coming in about a month, and I'm really hyped for it. I've been thinking the first thing I'll do when I first get my hands on this game, but I want to know what you guys are going to do? Me personally, I'll probably try out all of the characters in training mode, then start completing the challenges. Hopefully, completing some of those challenges will help me unlock new characters. So, what will you do once you get Smash for 3DS?
Defiantly unlock all characters.

Ursaguy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5472-7859-2409
1)Bag Smash 4
2)Drive home
3)Feed my cats (I'm assuming it will be around 4 after this)
4)Play a free for all against my sister and possible my neighbor
5)Play classic mode with every character I have unlocked at the beginning
6)Play versus until about 2 AM
Yes, I have 10 consecutive hours of Smash budgeted.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
1. Cry due to the long wait and realization that the game is finally here

2. Then continue on to wreck things with Shulk and Robin, unlock Lucina, then wreck things with Shulk, Robin and Lucina

TheLightningGamer

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1375-7316-4338
I'm probably gonna stay off Smashboards (and the internet lol) when the Japanese game releases. I'm fine knowing the characters, but I want it to be a surprise how to unlock them. I'll probably play a few matches to test out Kirby and Robin, then play Classic, Target Blast, Multi-man, All-Star, and Smash Run to see if I can unlock anything cool.
It's gonna be hard not to be spoiled when in comes out in Japan, I'd have to log out of YouTube for a month!

SupaNova100

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4957-2544-7678
I'd try out all available characters, choose my favorites based on that, play the game, marry a horse, jump off a mountain.

Robo-626

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4141-2356-8625
vs til I earn enough to do a 9.0 run of the 1. Player Mode

Then its off to become an online world warrior

LiamMail

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Liam5d26
when i get the game, i will play it
(hilarious joke right)

ill first test out my planned mains and get used to the controls
then all star mode and smash run

but i probably won't get the game right away when it launches

vegaspoker

Smash Journeyman
As others have said, I'll go on a binge for X amount of hours and play every mode.

But literally the first thing after loading the game? Probably jump straight into a VS match with a CPU and test out how it feels.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Play through Classic Mode as Rosalina and have my first 4-way battle involving her at Arena Ferox.

Top Bottom