• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Whats the craziest thing you have EVER done with Toon Link?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Santi

Smash Lord
Let's hear it.
Don't be afraid.

Craziest thing you have ever done with Toon Link?

Was it an insane spike?

Crazyyy Projectile combination?
etc etc. You get the idea

Go go go go

Story time! :D

Jing)

Smash Apprentice
tbh the craziest thing ive ever done with him is bomb on edge to spike... hes not like MK or Fox to edgeguard/gimp.. but it was still cool.

Clevr

Smash Apprentice
I pulled out a bomb, jumped, threw it in the air, my opponent, also Toon Link, threw one of his bombs in the air, and I pulled out another bomb, threw it in the air, grabbed him, threw him up, and he was hit by 3 bombs.

Crazy.

xMiMix

Smash Apprentice
Canada, Ontario. I have a really good connection,
Lol, I threw a bomb in the air, he shielded it, and it bounced off back into the air. When I landed, I quickdrawn'd an arrow, it stunned him, I quickly dsmashed him, as soon as the 1st hit of the dsmash connected, that bomb hit him, which messed up my dsmash causing him to fly diagonally down to the left, where he previously had his dsmash fully charged planted. He was a snake, and he went flying.
He never made it, it felt epic.

Jellyfishn

Smash Journeyman
I hit him with a bomb, a returning boomerang, and a quick draw arrow at the same time, f-smashed off the edge, then dair spiked him. Wasn't phenomenal but I enjoyed it!

ozg82889

Smash Journeyman
my favorite kill i get is when i throw a bomb up when they try to recover to either hit them or to force them to move somewhere else. then i hit them with my back air making them fly towards the bomb, hit it, blow up, and die by going past the top blast zone.

edde

Smash Ace
NNID
edmichu
ive got these taped... (just 1 of the combo to a lvl 9 and i have done the second comob about 4 times to humans, 2 of them killed, one of them is recorded and can be posted anytime, its an almost combo i figured out, tested and posted it on my guide)

most amazing kill (on lvl 9 comp): i was airbone, he was just reviving (0%) and was near edge, i dthrow bomb>bair>utilt>usmash>longjump>bair>footstool dair... kill, 59%, recorded

pulled this 4 times on humans, 2 of the times i killed and i have one recorded: near edge... hyphen smash>utilt>longjump>bair>footstool dair

those kills are great, but ive doen better ones with wolf, falco, snake, lucas and marth which are my mains (yep... 10 mains, 5 secondaries ;o)

i wont live until i tell this... kizzu has the crazies and best not just TL kill but overall brawl kill ive ever seen... he was vs zamus on FD, zamus was hanging on edge, he dropped a bomb on the floor, daired right next to it, slid right next to the edge, hits zamus (she just had lost inv frames) and lands a charged fsmash... search on youtube these words... kizzu bomb trap... its amazing, left me shocked

StarChaserNX

Smash Cadet
That certainly was an interesting bomb technique.

A crazy thing I tend to do with Toon Link (well actually its stupid) is a die a lot on stages like Final Destination. While attempting to give an opposing character some encoragement at dying while they are in the air I will drop a little below the floor level. Then I'll do my second jump and spin cut and find my self going a little to far to the center of the stage and hitting the bottom of the floating platform and missing the ledge.

And then I die. Ho hum, will I ever learn...

- ƒrozen

Smash Cadet
On the Pirate Ship with my trustworthy crew; Pit a
Well, it wasn't insanely good but it made me feel good inside to win a WiFi match. They had their last life, and so did I. We both also had over 100% in damage. He was recovering from the right of the stage and I shot an arrow, he flinched back a bit off of the stage and I spiked him down using Toon Link's Down + A.

- ƒrozen.

Meta4

Smash Rookie
Can I say the craziest thing I SAW as Toon Link. I was Toon Link fighting a level nine Captain Falcon. My friend, my brother, and I were in a tournament while doing this, so I had to get to the finals to play them (something we do just for fun), so a level nine Captian Falcon was a bit intimidating, until I realized that he didn't have a brain. We were at Final Destination and I SWEAR the FIRST thing he does after the announcer says "GO!" was run, fall of the cliff, turn around, and Falcon Punch right into the side of Final Destination. My friend said that he got ambitious and KNEW he could destroy the puny platform. He...tried to recover, but no avail. I could not stop laughing, and now I always train Toon Link against level nine Captain Falcon.

With Toon Link, I once did a cool spike. My brother was on the edge and I daired next to him and it spiked him. I save my enemy all the time by letting them use there recovery by attacking them after they have already done it and I can see plain well they are still going to die. I have killed opponents and myself by throwing a bomb into explosive boxes. I don't use stratagy, only an all time offense. That makes crazy stuff sometimes. I just can't think of anything else because I cannot get the mental image of that Captain Falcon out of my head. I hope to upload a video soon. Haha.

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
Nothing big i killed a marth at a best 2 outta 3 tourney on our 3rd match. We were at BF i roll down smash than edge guarded. I was at 125 and he was 0 than i won

gkrackerr

Smash Ace
First crazy thing was on Battle Field: I did bair -> bair *I land* *he jumps towards the platform on the left*, follow w/ a full jump -> bair *I land and he's off the stage now* -> boomerang -> fair. not zero to death but it was **** sexy.

Second crazy thing: MK was following me off of the stage and tried for a shuttle loop kill and I caught him with a dair. I laughed

Santi

Smash Lord
ive got these taped... (just 1 of the combo to a lvl 9 and i have done the second comob about 4 times to humans, 2 of them killed, one of them is recorded and can be posted anytime, its an almost combo i figured out, tested and posted it on my guide)

most amazing kill (on lvl 9 comp): i was airbone, he was just reviving (0%) and was near edge, i dthrow bomb>bair>utilt>usmash>longjump>bair>footstool dair... kill, 59%, recorded

pulled this 4 times on humans, 2 of the times i killed and i have one recorded: near edge... hyphen smash>utilt>longjump>bair>footstool dair

those kills are great, but ive doen better ones with wolf, falco, snake, lucas and marth which are my mains (yep... 10 mains, 5 secondaries ;o)

i wont live until i tell this... kizzu has the crazies and best not just TL kill but overall brawl kill ive ever seen... he was vs zamus on FD, zamus was hanging on edge, he dropped a bomb on the floor, daired right next to it, slid right next to the edge, hits zamus (she just had lost inv frames) and lands a charged fsmash... search on youtube these words... kizzu bomb trap... its amazing, left me shocked
I wanna see the video I wanna see the video!! :)
it sounds pretty legit.

YEA! I remember that video! I was ike WTf!!!

I Wonder what Kizzu would say his craziest moment was.. I bet he has alot.

My moment is kind of dumb ha. I basically used the wand as a mind control. lmao.
I was on my final stock and I was playing an Olimar.
When I came back to life.
I went to the other end of Yoshi (He was on the other side at 0%)

So I run to the other end and use my wand taunt. Haha, he then starts to run toward me.

The wand has amazing Jedi powers.

He tries to attack but my taunt is now finished and I slip my wand brain conrol away, dodge his attack.

DownSmash :D
heheh

The Olimar goes flying off the screen and I hold on to the ledge FTW.

the melon!!!!!

Smash Lord
WilkesBarre-Scranton, PA/State College, PA
3DS FC
0963-1716-1141
On Battlefield, I was playin TL against my bro's Peach. I had just used my Dsmash, and it sent Peach straight right off the stage and down a little, but Peach would've been able to get back to the stage (only 85%) I pulled out a bomb (keep in mind I was on the oppsite side by the edge) and threw it hoping it would make it there. It barely clears the other edge and hits him. The best part is he DIed in and hit off the stage. He was too low to use the UpB and grab the edge. That won the match for me.

Sadly I lost the next two vs his killer MK....:(

H!volt23

Smash Rookie
No crazy things to report myself, but imagine Landing a smash on olimar sending him on the other side of final dest. then grabbing a bomb dropping right under the stage then upB let the bomb explode on your self and upB again to get an edge guard in. That would be wild!

I have won a match completely by spikes with him but it wasn't that cool.

Santi

Smash Lord
On Battlefield, I was playin TL against my bro's Peach. I had just used my Dsmash, and it sent Peach straight right off the stage and down a little, but Peach would've been able to get back to the stage (only 85%) I pulled out a bomb (keep in mind I was on the oppsite side by the edge) and threw it hoping it would make it there. It barely clears the other edge and hits him. The best part is he DIed in and hit off the stage. He was too low to use the UpB and grab the edge. That won the match for me.

Sadly I lost the next two vs his killer MK....:(
You jump then throw?
sounds pretty nice

ahhh
everyone loses to killer MK's
:[
i hate those freakin bat balls

edde

Smash Ace
NNID
edmichu
I wanna see the video I wanna see the video!! :)
it sounds pretty legit.

YEA! I remember that video! I was ike WTf!!!

I Wonder what Kizzu would say his craziest moment was.. I bet he has alot.

My moment is kind of dumb ha. I basically used the wand as a mind control. lmao.
I was on my final stock and I was playing an Olimar.
When I came back to life.
I went to the other end of Yoshi (He was on the other side at 0%)

So I run to the other end and use my wand taunt. Haha, he then starts to run toward me.

The wand has amazing Jedi powers.

He tries to attack but my taunt is now finished and I slip my wand brain conrol away, dodge his attack.

DownSmash :D
heheh

The Olimar goes flying off the screen and I hold on to the ledge FTW.
lol... sure, its kindof late right now, tomorrow ill record the matches with my cell phone XD, dont know how to do high quality videos

i can send you personally the clip via msn or via pm here, you pick which

Santi

Smash Lord
lol... sure, its kindof late right now, tomorrow ill record the matches with my cell phone XD, dont know how to do high quality videos

i can send you personally the clip via msn or via pm here, you pick which
PM sounds good. Thanks

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I JV 4 stocked my friend the first time i played with toon link.
All because of mindgames at the edge xD

samizdat

Smash Cadet
Three different moments for me:

against wolf: once I comboed my friend's wolf from 10% to a ~70% KO off the edge with boomerang -> fair -> double jump -> fair -> up+b edgehog, then bair -> double jump -> bair when he tried to recover. it was beautiful.

against wolf: this is pretty rare, but when wolf uses his up+b horizontally, if you're positioned just right above him, he won't do damage to you, but he will carry you with him. so one time wolf's up+b carried me with him, and i faired him right out of it. it just looked really cool.

against pikachu: pikachu was recovering on smashville from beneath and to the left of the lip on the right side of the stage. i predicted correctly that his first up+b would be aimed up and right, and so i jumped off the stage and daired (this was extremely risky) for a spike between his up+b's two teleports.

kkkoala

Smash Cadet
0 to death on DDD w/just bair, til i think 130%, me w/0%...

my freind, the 1 playing DDD, didnt say anything but got up, walked outside, into his car, and drove away.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
4 Backairs into an Upb that killed off the top

BbqCombo

Smash Apprentice
I cant currently recall any of my amazing moments right now but il never forget my most stupid moment as a TL EVER and possibly the worst of them all.Okay, so i was playing my brother and i was practicing my bomb drops and stuff. I dropped a bomb right near the edge because i just hit my brother's Link off the edge. Anyway, the bomb is just sitting there and i throw another bomb directly up above the sitting bomb, my brother is coming up from the right side of FD so i go to try and stage spike him with a Bair. It WOULD have happened if both of my bombs hadnt hit each other, exploded and stage spiked me, causing me to lose the match. I was like WTFROFLOMGBBQMYUNDERWEAR and i started laughing . Too bad i couldnt save it . D:

Aziel

Smash Cadet
I would have to say one of the crazier things I've done with Toon Link would have to be in a ditto with one of my friends, who's skill with TL has been diminishing over time, but this was back when his Toon Link was good. I took out each of his stock with a D-air finish. The first one wasn't quite intentional, my finger slipped as he was trying to B-up into me. The second time was when he was being a prick and hook shot spamming the ledge to try to psyche me out, and the third time was the simple B-air spam to D-air. It was too much fun, especially considering I rarely use the D-air, especially not for finishes (unless it's v. Snake.)

Antichrist

Smash Cadet
well there was this one time in vegas where we did alot of drugs and accidently killed a hooker in the bathroom. Toon Link lost it, but i managed to keep it together and sever her body into enough pieces to leave the hotel....oh wait, that was Very Bad Things

Artaclaris

Smash Cadet
Well I don't main him but some of my favorite things to do are throw bombs in the air and then dair them so they fly straight up into the bombs and die. Its great fun.

huenikad

Smash Cadet
I enjoy putting just bunny ears on then jumping up high and throwing the bomb into the air. Then when it randomly falls on my brother he gets pretty angry :).

iphaded

Smash Rookie
3 Moments Ive had..

TL vs. Lucario on FD, both at %100+.. he knocked me up in the air but I didnt die, while he was charging a fireball I pull out a bomb off screen and throw it, it lands on his head from almost across the stage which knocks him up into my U-Air as I fall into him.

TL vs. Yoshi on FD, Yoshi puts me in an egg only to eat a D-Air when it breaks, he dies at ~%50.

TL vs. Samus on BF, both at %100+.. I knocked Samus offstage and he had a fully charged laser, I chase him, airdodge the laser into a D-Air killing Samus.

3transfat

Smash Journeyman
One time I pulled off a dtilt to two hit dair to nair to dair spike.

Another time was a bear against FD's edge followed by a dair spike.

Just two moments of glory out of many deaths.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
lol 2v2 and my teamate died

first we were all like at 150% the first opponenet on the other team was i threw a boomerang, he dodged it and it came back and hit him into my upsmash. the second opponenet on the other team was recovering and i pressed D-air and spiked the living crap outa him rofl. soo risky

edde

Smash Ace
NNID
edmichu
recent good kills

both vs my bro using wolf

hes at 100%+, i throw a bomb up, he dodges it, i bair him, he gets launched upwards, hits the bomb and dies (not recorded)

other one (WEIRD) i threw bomb up, shielded, he fsmashed at the moment the bomb fell as he fsmashed, and weirdly, seems that his fsmash's momentum made him fly offscreen and he couldnt recover prolly since he was too confused on what happened(recorded)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom