• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's one thing you hate about your Main?

gorgon.

Smash Ace
Recovery... Why? Why must it be a tether? I can think of a good alternate recovery for Olimar right now: Onions. A pikmin onion appears from nowhere and Olimar hangs from one of the stilt-legs, alot like Snake's cypher.

See? But no, the developers decide to include a move that DOESN'T EVEN APPEAR IN A PIKMIN GAME.Well, it's not like other characters don't have moves not from their series *cough* Marth *cough*

Ban3

Smash Journeyman
is fighting for his friends at Sugar Land TEXAS
Recovery... Why? Why must it be a tether? I can think of a good alternate recovery for Olimar right now: Onions. A pikmin onion appears from nowhere and Olimar hangs from one of the stilt-legs, alot like Snake's cypher.

See? But no, the developers decide to include a move that DOESN'T EVEN APPEAR IN A PIKMIN GAME.Well, it's not like other characters don't have moves not from their series *cough* Marth *cough*
i loled for about 5 miniutes reading the first part:laugh:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Wario- The fact that only four of his moves have a decent amount of KO potential (ftilt, fsmash, uair, and the waft: which is hard to hit with unless you really plan it out).

Ness- His goofy accent. :laugh: Seriously, is he supposed to have a really thick Japanese accent? He pronounces PK Flash "PK Frash" for God's sake! :psycho:

Mario- The fact that he is, and probably always will be, an average character like he is in almost every spinoff game he's in.

Ice Climbers- Having to deal with the extra pressure when you lose Nana and your opponent decides to become aggressive.

Wolf of Ice

Smash Apprentice
Ganon- No projectile :(

D3- Such a big target...

Lucas- My favorite move (DSmash) only works on my nublike friends. And I can't B-Stick (Nunchuk set-up) so I'll never be as good as others.

Wolf- Really fast falling speed, I'm afraid to spike :/

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
Wario- The fact that only four of his moves have a decent amount of KO potential (ftilt, fsmash, uair, and the waft: which is hard to hit with unless you really plan it out).

Ness- His goofy accent. :laugh: Seriously, is he supposed to have a really thick Japanese accent? He pronounces PK Flash "PK Frash" for God's sake! :psycho:

Mario- The fact that he is, and probably always will be, an average character like he is in almost every spinoff game he's in.

Ice Climbers- Having to deal with the extra pressure when you lose Nana and your opponent decides to become aggressive.
lmao. In regards to Ness, for the longest time I thought he said "PK CRASH!" Which threw me cause I was an avid Earthbound player and I could not figure out for the life of me where that came from. XD

I still think when he does his "okay" taunt he should say, "DESU DESU DESU!" Considering how he bows. OR even a simply, "HOI!" would be sufficient. =B

Mario would be past average if they just gave him the rocket nuzzle and hover nozzle ALONG with his default nozzle.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
Falco - His new f-smash is slower compared to his old one that I really miss. I hate when I try to do an approaching n-air and do a crap f-air instead.

Metaknight - the fact that he's light weight and dies at around half the percent it takes to KO someone else

Link - everything. He was my favorite in melee. In Brawl, his hookshot is slow, never reaches the edge. His Up-b is now a sucky recovery and a sucky and slow attack. You also can't L-cancel his aerials which NEED l-cancelling.

Aminar

Smash Journeyman
The personality they gave him. My Character is saying, "Your not Ready yet", and I'm saying, "Good game man" But they always react to Pit and his awful voice acting.

In addition I miss young Links Awesome projectile game. Bombs and Boomerangs were amazing. I miss that.

marktenshi

Smash Rookie
The fact that they change Link's most redeeming qualities (awsome spin with spike, hookshot to anywhere, not just the F#$%ing ledge it's almost pointless, L-canceling, bomb use-speed)

Worst of all is the GALE BOOMERANG

FishkeeperTimmay!

Smash Ace
Swords shouldn't go "thud" anyways. :laugh: That's one of the things that really annoys me about Ike.
Well, at least Ike's sword weighs so much and hits the ground so hard, it COULD thud. At least on the forward smash. =P

Still, the new tipper noise is unsatisfying. If it was a satisfying noise, I'd be okay with it. But it's just... meh, compared to an average non-tipper hit. xD

I'm very, very audio oriented, btw.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Pikachu - fighting Ness / Lucas
Lucario - slow counter
Snake - bad air game, slow projectiles
Olimar - questionable recovery, the incredible amount of focus his Pikmin require to win
Ice Climbers - seperation anxiety, nana no longer attacks except when Popo is stuck or nearby
Pokemon Trainer - insane learning curve, makes Snake look easy by comparison

Raen

Smash Rookie
NNID
r-Raen
Ike - I hate his awful recovery and lack of a projectile.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Let me get started:

-Projectiles: they disappear faster, some of them deal low damage
-Infamous Dsmash gone
-Second jump's height = almost inexistant
-VERY lightweight
-Nerfed Fthrow
-Some useful aerials nerfed (in range and power)
-Fastfalling speed: slooooow

But she's got some good and strong aspects too (increased range and power in a couple of moves like Fsmash, side B and Toad, godly Usmash, great recovery, amazing tilts, etc), so the fact that she's been nerfed isn't that much of a deal to me.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Marth: The dair tipper is harder to land now.

Peach: Projectiles disappear on contact with shield and her down-smash got hit by the nerf train.

Ness: His PK Thunder can STILL be intercepted and he's overshadowed by Lucas...

Wario: Weird side ways hitbox on the waft, sometimes I'll use it on somebody directly below me and miss when it looks like it totally should've hit.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Just for a few of them.

Meta Knight -- No projectiles.

Ness -- I swear, no one can understand this guy. Everyone thinks his Neutral B move is "PK Cross" and my little sister (who is only 8, mind you) thought his Up B was "Freakin' Cunner." Don't even ask me what that IS, but it's his move.

Toon Link -- No sword in any victory poses. I feel cool with my sword... And also, lame Side Taunt...

Sonic -- Down B and Side B are too similar. They're practically the same move, really...

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Good lord that grab is terrible...*ZSS*

JhMS

Smash Journeyman
Falcon's earth shattering kaboom when he smacks someone with his knee was just ORGASMIC in Melee....

Now the momentum seems less impressive now that the sound is gone. =(
So true :(.It was amazing when i hit someone with the Knee and screamed:KNEEEEEEEEEEEE!.Now the Knee is just gone....gone.
Marths tip sound in Melee was great also.
Falco:Shine doesnt combo like the old one.
Wario:Range.....
Snake:I actually hate his Fair.It looks cool thought...
And I just need to say this:
Falcon:Are you there Nintendo??GIVE ME BACK MY FU***** KNEE.

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
That he's not snake.... But seriously i kinda wish kirby had a hat costume like pikachu. Not really sure why, but i don't like it that Pikachu is that special.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Sonic is 6th in air speed and we do have SJC and Spinshotting yes?
So it works out.
Priority. That's a definite need.

link: Better recovery.
Longer Zair.
Ability to hook onto the walls not just edges.
Bair should remain the way it was in melee.
Same with U tilt.
Ftilt should be faster.
Dtilt and Dair should spike (Dtilt more spiking frames)
Dthrow should be back tot he way it was in melee.

SpitFire15

Smash Ace
Link: Boomerang sucks now. Arrows still suck. Up-B is crap as an attack and without a second jump you're dead. Plus he gets overshadowed by Toon Link.

Ganon: Upsmash/downsmash are weak, slow generic kicking moves. He should use powerful darkness attacks for all his smashes, not just f-smash.

Mario: FLUDD could be a little better, but I just wish he had more killing power.

DK: More vertical distance for his recovery wouldn't hurt.

Cerrus

Smash Cadet
well, the good captain is gimp-tastic. begin faired by marth from 0% to my doom off the edge is never fun....

doodmahn

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I bet it's pretty hard to KO with only u-smash, f-smash, d-smash, fair, bair, dair, bucket, etc.
... shut up. :< Smashes take too long to do for not enough range, bair has no knockback, dair is too predictable, and fair has too much lag. You pretty much have to wait for them to slip up and punish (which is annoying because they're going to be playing defensively due to high %.)

Top Bottom