• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Veteran do you Think Will be Confirmed Next? Poll

Which veteran do you think will be revealed next? Alternatively, who would you WANT to see next?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
I had a dream last night that Captain Falcon was confirmed as playable without his helmet. And that his Falcon Punch was a LOT faster.

But in all seriousness, I am hoping they will reveal Ness or Lucas soon; I am curious to see how they were changed this time around, assuming they are returning. Ness was mine favourite character in the original Super Smash Bros for the Nintendo 64, in terms of playstyle. In Brawl, Lucas was mine second favourite, mine first being Zelda. I could see them either further Luigifying Lucas, or cutting him completely. I REALLY hope Lucas has not been cut, as once again, he was one of mine favourites in Brawl. They should definitely give his grab, Rope Snake, more range.

L2 Sentinel

Smash Apprentice
Oh geez, I didn't even realize it wasn't on there. I had the same issue with Ness. Not sure why I keep forgetting people. I'm not sure how to add more options to a poll, so if someone wants to add Jiggs to it, feel free.
It's all good. Honest mistake. :)

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I honestly want Wario just so I don't have to see these "he's getting major changes!" comments and get worried about it.

Though at the same time, I'm very confident he didn't receive any notable changes. But then we'll get more of the whole "THIS ISN'T WARIO" crap for whatever reason.

That said, I decided to go for someone different and voted R.O.B. Yeah, secret character and all, but the Famicom's annivesary is on July 15th, so it's not a farfetched guess.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I'm leaning towards Game and Watch, because of the Pac-Man Trailer, but Wario is also likely.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I went with Captain Falcon. He's sort of the face of the Smash series in a way. Though I'm kind of hoping for Wario to be shown off soon too.

Altais

Smash Champion
Man, I wish :ganondorf: and :falco: would return already!
Speaking of :ganondorf:, I really, REALLY hope they de-cloned him this time around. I remember back in the day, I was ecstatic to learn that Ganondorf was going to be playable in Super Smash Bros. Melee, but was utterly disappointed to learn that he was just a clone of Captain Falcon. If he is still a Captain Falcon clone, I am going to be very irritated.

As for :falco:, if he does return (which I find very likely), I hope they tweak his upward and side specials a little bit--if nothing else, to further Luigify him from Fox. Also, Arwing definitely needs to be his Final Smash.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
Speaking of :ganondorf:, I really, REALLY hope they de-cloned him this time around. I remember back in the day, I was ecstatic to learn that Ganondorf was going to be playable in Super Smash Bros. Melee, but was utterly disappointed to learn that he was just a clone of Captain Falcon. If he is still a Captain Falcon clone, I am going to be very irritated.

As for :falco:, if he does return (which I find very likely), I hope they tweak his upward and side specials a little bit--if nothing else, to further Luigify him from Fox. Also, Arwing definitely needs to be his Final Smash.
but wouldn't the arwing be some what a rip off of zzs final smash

Altais

Smash Champion
but wouldn't the arwing be some what a rip off of zzs final smash
There are many ways they can make it different. For instance, instead of shooting a single, powerful laser, Falco could rapidly shoot weaker lasers--and just like in the Star Fox games, if the player holds down the fire button, Falco will be able to fire a charged homing shot. They could also give him three smart bombs to use. The targeting system could be completely different from ZSS's Final Smash as well. Just like in Star Fox 64, the reticle could move as you move--and once you let go of the control stick, the reticle will return to the center of the screen. And, unlike ZSS's reticle, which moves somewhat slowly, Falco's could move more quickly--but as a price, wouldn't be as simple to control as ZSS's.

Personally, I would rather have that than another Landmaster. [Shrugs] But perhaps I am in the minority.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
There are many ways they can make it different. For instance, instead of shooting a single, powerful laser, Falco could rapidly shoot weaker lasers--and just like in the Star Fox games, if the player holds down the fire button, Falco will be able to fire a charged homing shot. They could also give him three smart bombs to use. The targeting system could be completely different from ZSS's Final Smash as well. Just like in Star Fox 64, the reticle could move as you move--and once you let go of the control stick, the reticle will return to the center of the screen. And, unlike ZSS's reticle, which moves somewhat slowly, Falco's could move more quickly--but as a price, wouldn't be as simple to control as ZSS's.

Personally, I would rather have that than another Landmaster. [Shrugs] But perhaps I am in the minority.
don't you think the smart bombs would be a little op

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Though at the same time, I'm very confident he didn't receive any notable changes. But then we'll get more of the whole "THIS ISN'T WARIO" crap for whatever reason.
If you're going to have a terrible opinion, at least don't be ignorant about it. If you don't know why people dislike Brawl Wario, then you obviously don't know much about the character in the first place.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
If you're going to have a terrible opinion, at least don't be ignorant about it. If you don't know why people dislike Brawl Wario, then you obviously don't know much about the character in the first place.
Hi. Wario Land 4 is my favorite game. Wario is my favorite character.

Brawl Wario is fine.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
-completely ignoring the point-
I've seen those reasons, I just don't get them.

Brawl Wario has a lot of subtle visual nods to his past games, from Wario Land to Warioware, but apparently he just needs the shoulder bash as a special and to walk and run normally for him to be "Wario", as if we own the character to dictate who he is and go against the vision of his own creators of being a zany, clumsy CO of a microgame company.

Last edited:

UltimateWario

Smash Master
I've seen those reasons, I just don't get them.
And thus they're invalid...?

go against the vision of his own creators
Sakurai didn't create Wario.

The point of the "That Ain't Wario" argument is basically this -- Sakurai finally puts Ridley in, but he fights entirely by holding his tail like a sword. One of his aerials vaguely looks like his iconic pogo tail attack, and his F-Smash is shooting out a dinky little fireball that explodes right in front of him. Despite Ridley having massive reserves of skills and abilities to draw on, Sakurai instead makes up his own crap about him and makes a silly moveset out of a bunch of things he never did.

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
And thus they're invalid...?
What?
"I don't get them" = "They're invalid"?
Sakurai didn't create Wario.
I'm talking about SPD1. They haven't made a single Wario Land game or even used Wario in his classic outfit ever since they made Warioware, they didn't even have anything to do Shake It which was outsourced.
Brawl Wario fits their current vision of the character, if you ask me. Plus Sakurai is close to the team, even helping to promote DIY when he doesn't normally do anything like that for Nintendo games that isn't developed by him.

Last edited:

UltimateWario

Smash Master
The original post was about you not acting like "Classic Wario fans" had absolutely nothing to gripe about.

Brawl Wario fits their current vision of the character, if you ask me.
And I think that Wario would be better off getting Pac-Man'd rather than taking entirely from what he is now.

But whatever, this argument is clearly going nowhere. You win. I guess nobody needs to do anything iconic from their games ever and should instead be given nonsense movesets with only "subtle nods" to the games they draw from.

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
The original post was about you not acting like "Classic Wario fans" had absolutely nothing to gripe about.
Because I don't really think Wario not having the shoulder bash as a special to be a good reason to complain? I don't think they're invalid, but I think making a huge fuss about it is silly. There's more to the character than his Wario Land moves.

Nobody associates Wario with the shoulder bash anymore, anyway. Get over it. He's either a company CEO or a mario kart racer. A shoulder bash special would be so damn generic. He got the bike anyway. That's iconic!
But whatever, this argument is clearly going nowhere. You win. I guess nobody needs to do anything iconic from their games ever and should instead be given nonsense movesets with only "subtle nods" to the games they draw from.
Why are you so unpleasant? Whatever man, I don't have time for this "holier than thou" attitude.

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
I expect Game & Watch. I don't think they'll make a big deal about it. One day he'll just show up in a PotD and then he'll be here. I think things will pick up and get more exciting after that.
Want? Well, Mewtwo, duh.

Oatmeal.

Part of a balanced breakfast.
At this point it's close between :warioc: and :ganondorf: for the next reveal. I voted for :ganondorf:, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was :warioc: or :metaknight:.:falcon: :falco::ganondorf::popo::jigglypuff::metaknight::gw::ness2::rob::warioc: and :wolf:are all but confirmed, the rest are questionable.

Chase

Smash Ace
:gw:. He's essentially already revealed because of the Pac-Man trailer and it just gets a retro out of the way.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Well, the "Challenger Approaching" banners on the official site for Pac-Man, Mii and Palutena are down now, which usually means that a character reveal is around the corner. Time to see who was right on this poll.

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
Somebody brought up Metal Gear's anniversary date was this week...
Probably too much to ask for though, but I'd expect Snake because of that, if only just for this week.

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
I think one of the Mother kids is pretty likely to come soon. Announcing Mother 3 for the eShop for the series' 25th anniversary seems likely in order to fill in the current game drought, especially given the E3 tease, and announcing Ness or Lucas for Smash to coincide with that is a distinct possibility.

Wonks

Smash Journeyman
Seems to be Wario would be the likeliest of choices...but I predicted him for the MK8 launch, and this is Sakurai, so who knows?

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
I picked Wario, but tbh as much as I want Wario, but I think we're gonna see Meta Knight tonight.

Hope I'm wrong.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well, Captain Falcon was finally shown off. And he looks badass as usual. I don't suppose that we'll renew the poll or make a 2.0 thread right?

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Well, Captain Falcon was finally shown off. And he looks badass as usual. I don't suppose that we'll renew the poll or make a 2.0 thread right?
I've never made a poll until now, so if someone can help me figure out how, I'll renew it so we can all go round 2.

By the way, congratulations to the 13 who correctly guessed Falcon! You all get exactly one cyber-cookie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom