• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Veteran do you Think Will be Confirmed Next? Poll

Which veteran do you think will be revealed next? Alternatively, who would you WANT to see next?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Doesn't matter how unlikely they are. Give a reason for your choice in the comments so this poll doesn't get absorbed into the Smashboards void of pages. Forgive me if a thread of this sort already exists, but I haven't seen one.

This will make for a fun game until veterans are knocked off one by one, and we get to see who was right. Also, no arguing over someone wanting a veteran who has little chance like Pichu or Dr. Mario. Everyone's allowed to WANT someone to be revealed next, even if its unlikely, and can vote as such. For those who are realists, vote who is most likely, in your opinion.

My vote is on either Captain Falcon because everyone loves him and his inclusion is a no-brainer that Sakurai can use as hype filler for the game, or Falco/Wolf since Starfox is the only major series from E3 2013 to not have a second rep revealed, plus the Starfox Wii U hype.

What do you think?

Edit: Thanks for adding Ness, whoever did it.
Edit: Now I forgot Jigglypuff -_-, so if someone wants to add it to the poll, please do.

Last edited:

General-Guy

Smash Cadet
I think that Lucas is going to be revealed next. The 25th anniversary of the mother series is next month, so it only makes sense that Lucas is going to be revealed then. Not Ness because he is usually a hidden character. I know a lot of people think that Lucas is going to be cut (partially because of the Gematsu leak), but it makes so much sense if Sakurai was waiting for Mother's anniversary next month. Besides that, Lucas, Meta Knight, and Wario are the only characters that have never been hidden characters before that are still left unannounced, and while it makes a lot of sense for Wario and Meta Knight to be hidden characters (since they are both of series that have many already not unlockable characters), it wouldn't make as much sense for Lucas.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I say Wario, because I expect Sakurai to wait to reveal Ness, Captain Falcon, and Jigglypuff until the game's release date is almost out, or, he would just leave them as secret characters to be revealed after the game is released.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
I say Wario, because I expect Sakurai to wait to reveal Ness, Captain Falcon, and Jigglypuff until the game's release date is almost out, or, he would just leave them as secret characters to be revealed after the game is released.
For some reason, I feel like some of the confirmed characters are actually secret and were only revealed to commemorate games and keep hype going, like Luigi and Lucario, so there's always a chance secrets could be revealed before the game launches.

mini paincakes

Smash Journeyman
I picked Meta Knight, but I have no idea who will be revealed next. I just want to see Meta Knight.

I hope he's more or less the same as he was in Brawl. I'll understand if he's nerfed a bit, I just don't want him to suck.

Wario, Ice Climbers or a non-clone Ganondorf would be nice reveals too

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
:falcon::ganondorf::popo::metaknight::gw::ness2::wario: Are all but confirmed at this point but I think :falcon::ganondorf::gw::ness2: will once again be unlockable so that leaves :popo::metaknight::wario: as the remaining major veteran candidates for the starting roster. I'm going to guess :metaknight:. I have no reasoning behind this aside from I think :wario: is getting major changes and I think :popo: will be saved for last for whatever reason.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
For some reason, I feel like some of the confirmed characters are actually secret and were only revealed to commemorate games and keep hype going, like Luigi and Lucario, so there's always a chance secrets could be revealed before the game launches.
There is a chance, but there are always characters that get revealed close to the release date of the game or get revealed after the game's release.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
There is a chance, but there are always characters that get revealed close to the release date of the game or get revealed after the game's release.
That's true. Then again, there's always a chance that some characters like Wolf and Luigi who have historically been unlockables could be starters, and vice versa. As far as we know, any unconfirmed veteran could be fair game.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I think Wario is more likely, but I'm kinda hoping Wario is unlockable and they announce someone like Ganondorf or Mewtwo next instead. That said I still think Wario is mostlikely to be the next veteran reveal, even though I'd rather not it be him.

Morbi

Scavenger
Ganondorf; Nintendo is saturated with the prevalence of Legend of Zelda and he was one of five characters (Game & Watch, Ganondorf/Wario, Ness/Lucas) to receive an allusion during e3. Game & Watch seems to obvious as of current, Wario missed his opportunity during the Mario Kart marketing, Ness and Lucas are subject to debate pertaining to the Gematsu leak. That is my rationale.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Ganondorf; Nintendo is saturated with the prevalence of Legend of Zelda and he was one of five characters (Game & Watch, Ganondorf/Wario, Ness/Lucas) to receive an allusion during e3. Game & Watch seems to obvious as of current, Wario missed his opportunity during the Mario Kart marketing, Ness and Lucas are subject to debate pertaining to the Gematsu leak. That is my rationale.
I was almost going to say Ganondorf myself. Personally, I HOPE its Ganondorf, I want to see him get a new moveset.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I'll take a shot in the dark and say Wario. The veteran reveals have been kinda sporadic. It's hard to predict with any accuracy.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
I'll take a shot in the dark and say Wario. The veteran reveals have been kinda sporadic. It's hard to predict with any accuracy.
Well actually, nearly every veteran has coincided with a game release or anniversary. That said, no major releases remain until Smash. So now its pretty much completely unknown, that's why I thought this thread would be relevant.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
Well actually, nearly every veteran has coincided with a game release or anniversary. That said, no major releases remain until Smash. So now its pretty much completely unknown, that's why I thought this thread would be relevant.
hyrule warriors but that 's not really a main series game

Last edited:

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Definitely Ganondorf, he's that one guy I just want to see, just show him already!

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Definitely Ganondorf, he's that one guy I just want to see, just show him already!
But not a Captain Falcon clone right? Lol.

I swear if they completed re-invented a unique character (Bowser), just to make him better, but left Ganondorf the same, I'm going to be incredibly irritated. That kind of favoritism is unacceptable.

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
I've alway's imagined our next vet reveal would be Wario.
As for wants, Wario and Ice Climbers are 2 I've always wanted to see get revealed. Its obvious they're in, but I can't relax until I see them.
...Though for this week only, I'm hoping its Falco due to rumors that satisfy me.(don't ask, just look in other topics.)

kazrisk

twitch.tv/kazrisk
NNID
kazrisk
:pichumelee: lol NOICE brah

Pokemon Trainer shouldn't even be on the poll, unless he is fighting himself. Throwing rocks at people? Fishing rod? Riding his bike? Come to think of it... he'd be brilliant as a standalone fighter. What's Sakurai's number? Gotta give him a call.

kazrisk

twitch.tv/kazrisk
NNID
kazrisk
Tabuu will be confirmed next! :troll:
He'd actually be kinda legit... Hope he returns as a boss on Final Destination or something.

But not a Captain Falcon clone right? Lol.

I swear if they completed re-invented a unique character (Bowser), just to make him better, but left Ganondorf the same, I'm going to be incredibly irritated. That kind of favoritism is unacceptable.
Give Ganondorf a sword. Have him dual wield like in Wind Waker or something!

Could actually see this with the recent Wind Waker HD remake...

However, the Amiibo would be really weird next to my Ganondorf statue I got from my Wind Waker Limited Edition...hmmm, least it wouldn't always fall over.

Champion Red

Smash Cadet
I would say Ganondorf but only if a custom moveset was created for him. If Sakurai revealed Ganon and he's still a clone of falcon, then the backlash would be huge.

Now what I want to see? GIVE ME MEWTWO!

L2 Sentinel

Smash Apprentice
Why is Young Link a poll option (who is obviously not going to be in Sm4sh when we already have Toon Link) and not Jigglypuff?

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Going to be a boring guy and go with :wario:.

Partly because he's had two assists now and is obviously back, and partly because he's the only one left from the non revealed Brawl vets I really desperately care about.

...Unless Ganondorf finally becomes Ganondorf of course.

Last edited:

L2 Sentinel

Smash Apprentice
For me, it's a tossup between :wario:, :metaknight:, or :falco:. I went with :falco: because, of the three franchises they represent, StarFox has got the most ground left to cover before the game launches.

Last edited:

Dr.Turtle

Smash Cadet
Mr. Game and Watch. We know he's in the game thanks to the Pac Man trailer, so they might as well just show him on the website.

D

Deleted member

I expect Wario to be revealed next, though I would rather have the Ice Climbers or Lucas revealed next.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
I waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaant my Captain. But Wario, Ice Climbers, or Mr. Game & Watch is probably coming next.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Why is Young Link a poll option (who is obviously not going to be in Sm4sh when we already have Toon Link) and not Jigglypuff?
Oh geez, I didn't even realize it wasn't on there. I had the same issue with Ness. Not sure why I keep forgetting people. I'm not sure how to add more options to a poll, so if someone wants to add Jiggs to it, feel free.

kazrisk

twitch.tv/kazrisk
NNID
kazrisk
Mr. Game and Watch. We know he's in the game thanks to the Pac Man trailer, so they might as well just show him on the website.
I could see him in a Pic of the Day or something, "Yep, that's right, he's back." or something, maybe showing off a new move or explaining something about his history and how epic it is to have all these retro characters.

GIVE ME MEWTWO!
... or give me death.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Who do I think will be next? Wario. He's pretty unofficially confirmed by now what with both Waluigi and Ashley having the Wario W symbol. And the only Mario subseries rep to still be revealed to return.

Who I'd like to be next? Ness. Even though he's probably very likely in. Would be nice to know for sure that all my mains from the previous game are coming back.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
:pichumelee: lol NOICE brah

Pokemon Trainer shouldn't even be on the poll, unless he is fighting himself. Throwing rocks at people? Fishing rod? Riding his bike? Come to think of it... he'd be brilliant as a standalone fighter. What's Sakurai's number? Gotta give him a call.
He's mainly there for question 2, and those that like him. As my original post says, no matter how unlikely they are, you can vote for them if you're bold/want to answer question 2 and wish they were in.

Surprised not even one person has voted R.O.B. Must be that lack of popularity again.

Last edited:

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
He's mainly there for question 2, and those that like him. As my original post says, no matter how unlikely they are, you can vote for them if you're bold/want to answer question 2 and wish they were in.

Surprised not even one person has voted R.O.B. Must be that lack of popularity again.
i don't think it lack of popularity it might be more of who will be revealed next

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom