• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What "Small" Feature do you want added?

KMAL

Smash Apprentice
What i thought should have happened since 64: When mario connects with all his coins during his :GCU::GCB:, there should be a !-Up sound. I think it would be cool.

Last edited:

Khao

Smash Lord
You know those stages with the moving camera?

I really, really want character's aerial movement on those stages to stay relative to the environment rather than the camera.

Dunno if I'm explaining it right, but that's the biggest reason why I absolutely hate those kinds of stages. I mean, in ones like Rumble Falls, when the camera is going up really fast, it becomes really hard to land because of this and it's annoying as **** because it makes no sense whatsoever, you just end up going down at the same pace as the rest of the stage.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Pokémon and Assist Trophies frequency control. When I play with friends, I don't mine if there is Bellossom or Electrode, but most of Legendary are too much power to have a good game.
Luckily for you, legendaries now come out of Master Balls, so if you want to exclude them from your matches, you can just turn off Master Balls while keeping Poke Balls on.

I'd like to see the "random" icon on the CSS removed, and its function included in each player's individual HUD box, like in Melee. Always thought this was more efficient and made the CSS look more symmetrical.

I'd also like to see a rivals system, similar to PlayStation All-Stars. Each character has a cross-franchise rival that they fight near the end of Classic Mode, with or without a short cutscene. Each matchup has specially-designated, usually intense, music playing during the battle, for each character. For example, if Mario/Sonic were a rivalry, when playing as Mario, the music could be "Purple Coins", and when playing as Sonic, it could be "Live and Learn". When rivals face each other in standard multiplayer matches, the chances for these songs to play is raised by 50%, no matter the stage. The feature could be toggled off in My Music, of course. Perhaps winning a rivalry match for the first time or on a certain difficulty would award the player a special trophy, a costume for their character, or even the appropriate music track.

TheUltraDeino

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheUltraDeino
3DS FC
3866-8826-1729
How about an option that once in a while, the pokemon from pokeballs will appear shiny? Really rare though

Critzilean

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Critzilean
3DS FC
1693-2152-0414
Switch FC
SW-2556-2425-6120
I would also like character interactions, like special quotes under certain conditions. For example:

• Wolf vs Fox - Wolf says "Can't let you do that Starfox"
  • Pit vs Palutena - Pit says "Really? Pseudo Palutena again?!?"
  • Zamus vs Samus - Zamus says "No....not SA-X"

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
The character interactions would be great. Little Mac's only line of dialogue could be an insult towards DK!

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
For if you play the 3DS version, and have Kid Icarus: Uprising save data, Palutena appears on the bottom screen like how the conversation portraits appear in that game, and say "So this is Super Bash Sisters?" and Pit says "Lady Palutena, what are you doing here!?" "You see, Pit, I heard there were open spots for this game's tournament, so I've decided to join you in engaging in combat against your idols! It'll be a fun way to pass the time while we wait for our sequel!", then one of those intro taglines from the trailers appears on the top screen. "Palutena lights the fight!" "Uh...you're not supposed to say it. And I could've come up with a better one of those!" "Sure you could!" "WARNING! CHALLENGER APPROACHING!", and then you face off against Palutena as a boss, allied with Pit. Snarky commentary unique to the character you chose ensues. ...That's a small feature, right?

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
I miss seeing your characters skeleton when they're electrocuted.

That should return.

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
What i thought should have happened since 64: When mario connects with all his coins during his :GCU::GCB:, there should be a !-Up sound. I think it would be cool.
That wouldn't really work in stock matches. He can't have a 1-up sound without actually gaining a life.

DoubleN

Smash Rookie
An FPS mode where every character gets a AK-47 and you have to think of retorts to 12 year olds who barrage you with yo mama jokes and racial slurs.

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
An FPS mode where every character gets a AK-47 and you have to think of retorts to 12 year olds who barrage you with yo mama jokes and racial slurs.
That could save the Wii U! I'm not kidding, that's what the world has come to. Kids today would buy the console just to shoot Mario and Pikachu with a rocket launcher and RPG-7. Sigh...

Custom

Smash Cadet
Item placement control. It'd be nice to play with a fixed item genoration so I can feel like I'm having fun while still winning/losing legitimately

WritersBlah

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WritersBlah999
Also, maybe this doesn't count as a little thing, but you know what'd be amazing? Getting the ability to always nair (sorta like how using the C-Stick, you can bair while moving forwards or fair while moving back) by pushing on the right stick button. That'd switch up some metagames.

Awaji66

Smash Apprentice
Character Model Peach: I really like her dress in this, but it is missing a slip/underskirt. Adding one will give her dress a more full and complete feel. She has one in Super Mario 3D World, so adding one might help reference the game.

Last edited:

spader13

Smash Journeyman
I'd like the return of end of match bonuses. Some of them were super out there and you could pretty much only get them intentionally, but for the most part, they were an interesting component.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yeah, I definitely would be happy to see some custom color swaps become available. Seems like much less of a hassle compared to custom moves too. So maybe you can use these in random online fights as well.

Lugubrious

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lugubrious
I would like the characters to have and use their voices, such as in Melee when they would cry out when hit with a powerful attack at high %--the same attack that would make the black lightening effect. Just more personality in general, really.

And an utterly fantastic stage builder. And a lot more features for the Wii U version only that make it worth the extra six-month wait.

Downdraft

Smash Ace
I would like the characters to have and use their voices, such as in Melee when they would cry out when hit with a powerful attack at high %--the same attack that would make the black lightening effect. Just more personality in general, really.

And an utterly fantastic stage builder. And a lot more features for the Wii U version only that make it worth the extra six-month wait.
Essentially, you would appreciate it if the developers drew inspiration from the more popular modifications to Brawl, e.g. enhanced Stage Builder, different character textures and costumes, the crying aspect from PM, Turbo Mode, etc.

Lugubrious

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lugubrious
Essentially, you would appreciate it if the developers drew inspiration from the more popular modifications to Brawl, e.g. enhanced Stage Builder, different character textures and costumes, the crying aspect from PM, Turbo Mode, etc.
Sure.

M&Mavocado

Smash Cadet
Stock being standard! Every match I play I have to switch the settings from Time to Stock and I find it an inconvenience. And I can't tell you how many times I forget, see the timer at the top of the screen, rage, and restart the match. It's the worst! Who does timed matches anyway?

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
When they show the victory screen in vs. mode, I'd love for the old music from smash 64 to play. Would hit me right in the feels.

Downdraft

Smash Ace
I brought up PM, and I'd like to mention another feature that should be added.
There should be an input combination that allows you to restart a match.
Brawl only allowed you to resume the match or return to the character select screen.

Honestly, an input combination shouldn't be necessary.
Just give us a menu with 3 options: Resume, Restart, Quit.

A Lucky Person

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aLuckyPerson
3DS FC
4914-3160-6884
I would like for the crowd to be more dynamic.

For example, during Dedede's cheer when Dedede dies: "King Dedede! King Dedede! King Dededawwwwww."

In past games they just kinda don't care when the one they're cheering for dies and it's always bothered me.

Last edited:

Tiberious

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't mind for them to just finally make the Multi-Man mooks playable. We know they suck, and aren't really balanced at all, but we'd wanna dork around with 'em anyway. Sucks when they come up with neat designs and make 'em CPU-only characters.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
If 2 or more characters from the same series smash taunt next to each other they should do some kind of cool interaction.

Last edited:
Top Bottom