• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Sakurai is Doing: An Essay Regarding the Possibilty of Multi-Dimensional Tiers

Doomgaze

Smash Apprentice
Ok first off I've got to say it was a great topic. Too bad it got spammed down by irrelevant crap. After a few pages I got lost so I dunno if my following question has been brought up or not.

My question is simply this: Wouldn't a "defense" (survivability, recovery, call it what you want) parameter be a significant, if not fundamental, indication of a certain character's measurement? Unless you already included it inside the control-parameter, which I don't think you did?

I mean for example Peach or Samus who has almost infinite ways to recover, unlike Captain falcon, whose recovery is pretty easy to predict and due to his weight/fastfalling, easy to start combos on as well.

Or simply put, a certain character's ability to get back on stage or break out of combos.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
but if label is the only thing we are arguing then we are in pretty good shape.
Yeah, that is pretty much it. I don't dodge much, even with characters with good dodges. I think it's cause of all my Mewtwo play, cause his is complete garbage.

Banned via Administration
Yeah, that is pretty much it. I don't dodge much, even with characters with good dodges. I think it's cause of all my Mewtwo play, cause his is complete garbage.
llol i dodge all the time even with bowser. step yo game up!

FireWater

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1478-5556-9486
You don't understand. A lot of people were arguing against it when they didn't even understand it well enough to agree or disagree. They simply shrugged him off because they disliked him, and let their bias do all the judging for it.
Its a lot harder to play the victim card when a person is offensive in their language, I'm not buying that sir, sorry.

darkNES386

Smash Lord
Hmm... I'm curious to see what the original poster and others he consults with thinks now after the game is out. I really enjoyed reading the first post. I'm not expecting a full blown understanding of Brawl, but perhaps just some comments... if nothing else I guess this just got bumped so other people can learn a thing or two =)

Top Bottom