• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What grinds your gears in For Glory mode? (THE ROLLENING)

Mothraniclus

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1178-0677-3736
Bayonetta's counter is the one that's op. It can literally kill you at 50 percent or lower and It's hard to punish with a strong move because of bat within.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I hate when Corrin players taunt when they kill you at low percent with a counter, like "yeah that was all me!" I fought one as Ganondorf the other day and for the rest of the match they just ran away and spammed taunts.

I'll probably get tons of "lol you're :shaker:" messages for this, but I'll still say it: countering an uncharged smash attack with low rage should not kill someone with 0% at the center of FD.

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
I've come across so many people who can't win without a single tool. It makes for some pathetically boring matches. The most notable are always Diddy players who can't deal with you having their Peel. Diddy has plenty of other good tools, use them! If you're playing a character with good specials (or Villager), it's basically game over for these type of players because you don't even have to throw the tool away.

-also, am I the only one who feels like the 3DS FG scene is getting worse? Like, notably worse? People are trying so hard to basically show off that it's reaching stupid territory at this point. They don't even care if it's something good they did or something you did bad, they'll just taunt with the sole intent to irritate, and when you're like me, it totally goes over your head anyway, so I don't see the point... -and they're so impatient, they always either rush you down and lose, or get really mad that you're spacing them and SD. I've not had a single person stick around after a match went to sudden death, either (Which isn't even often anyway.).

I dunno what the 1v1 scene is like on Wii U, but I know that the 2v2 'same console' scene over there is by far the least irritating I've encountered, since it forces people to play with friends they'll care about getting bodied by two people and/or teams rarely have time to show off like idiots (Even if the mode itself kinda is irritating. Mostly because of no team attack. C'mon Nintendo.).

itsmeMOB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
itsmeMOB
Bayonetta's counter is the one that's op. It can literally kill you at 50 percent or lower and It's hard to punish with a strong move because of bat within.
No. Witch Time gets WORSE as you use it, even when you don't land it.

DanceLouisDance

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1950-9158-5550
The Smash community is so blatantly toxic towards some characters it's painful, but never, never, have I seen more passive aggressive bull than when playing Olimar in 1v1s.

Holy Pikmin, shout outs to all Pik-mains for putting up with the level of asshattery that I got last night playing Oli all the time.
In FG All olimar has to do is run away though its so dumb.

Also you're saying that playing too defensively is cheap? Oh, I'm sorry, I guess I'll try to play offensively with PALUTENA and let you win because THAT'S NOT WHAT SHE'S DESIGNED FOR.
in FG Omega it is haha. I just wish they would change it to Random stages... -.- except for side moving stages

Last edited by a moderator:

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390

Why? Pikmin aren't exactly things that halt your approach to Olimar. Olimar ain't that fast either.
in FG Omega it is haha. I just wish they would change it to Random stages... -.- except for side moving stages
For Glory was meant for competitive matches.
No one wants to competitively fight on Temple, Onett, or Mushroomy Kingdom.

Back on topic, people that ledge grab over and over in sudden death get on my nerves sometimes. It's not a reliable tactic when you're the only opponent left, yet people do it anyway.

Last edited:

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
All a bad Olimar player has to do is run away... A lot of Olimar's moves, though lacking range, are really fast and can knock foes sufficiently away. Purple Pikmin can create powerful pressure, and his grab is pretty useful if you know how to use it. It's true that Olimar's main damage tool is his Pikmin, and he has to be more patient, but if you're irritated by patient characters, you're gonna struggle anyway, because there's a ton of them.

His Pikmin aren't even really an issue, they're basically just as scary as Fox's lasers, except you can kill them in collateral damage and they have less range, and Olimar basically needs atleast one with him at all times to be safe, so he can't even really spam them unless he has multiple Purples. If an Olimar player is just launching Pikmin at you and expecting a win, they're leaving themselves waaay open. He can't "just run away" because not only is he not fast enough against most characters, he just doesn't have the range to stay away from you. It's true, he can rack up damage from long range, but he can't do anything remotely scary until mid-range. -and often, he has to be pretty close to push you back or kill at all.

As Yoshister Yoshister said, they don't halt your approach (unless they're the Purple Pikmin)... -you just have to not give a crap about taking that Pikmin tapping damage and watch for Purples, then you're basically fine unless the opponent outright outplays you and swats you away each time you approach. The Pikmin are just pressure, not a win condition, don't let them get to you.

It's kind of irritating that Olimar has this reputation at all. It's almost as bad as the "Little Mac is a rushdown character" mentality most people in FG have.

Roy of Pharae

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4442-1640-3373
funny thing is on 3ds I played this little mac named Jay for about an hour and he perfect pivots across the stage, does many combos and baits me out, also uses his aerials. A real gem if I do say so myself.

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
I find annoying that I can't ever come across someone of my skill level on For Glory.

I always end up destroying someone or getting destroyed myself.

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
I find annoying that I can't ever come across someone of my skill level on For Glory.

I always end up destroying someone or getting destroyed myself.
I always find that people don't like when there's a noticable back and forth or constant close call to every match... It's kind of irritating. I'm just under the impression most people just aren't as invested in the game and only seem to be bothered about it when there's an unfair battle - either something to overcome, or the constant thrill of winning - driving them, when really, these make the least interesting fights... :\

Green Zelda

Smash Journeyman
People who play toon link or villager wrong. stop making us look bad omf

Last edited:

ligersandtigons

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ChromToTheDome
3DS FC
4656-6292-5830
Switch FC
SW-2244-3437-3034
funny thing is on 3ds I played this little mac named Jay for about an hour and he perfect pivots across the stage, does many combos and baits me out, also uses his aerials. A real gem if I do say so myself.
>3ds
>perfect pivots

i wonder how many control sticks he's gone through lol

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
>3ds
>perfect pivots

i wonder how many control sticks he's gone through lol
Just playing the game normally makes my analog stick go funny, if I tried doing actual dash dances and perfect pivots I'd end up destroying it.
That's the only reason I'm not even bothering to learn any sort of pivot-related techs, I only have the 3DS version and I still want to use my 3DS for other games, thank you very much.

SmashRacer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SmashRacer
When you beat someone a couple times, then the player starts taunting after just beating you once and leaves afterwards

Last edited:

Saclam

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Boofa_man
3DS FC
1719-4228-9638
When you beat someone a couple times, then the player starts taunting after just beating you once and leaves afterwards
Funny thing this happen last night.after beating a Mario/cloud 5 times I've decided to goof around the last match and test things out,I sd cue taunting endlessly and calling me a "jajanoob" and left immediately.

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682
*I kill a person at a somewhat high percent.
*I go near the ledge and wait.
* Opponent walks up, does nothing, and proceeds to charge an F-Smash the opposite way, like I was going to roll right into it.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
*I kill a person at a somewhat high percent.
*I go near the ledge and wait.
* Opponent walks up, does nothing, and proceeds to charge an F-Smash the opposite way, like I was going to roll right into it.
People attempt this trick on me all the time, particularly after accidental SDs or salty kills. It's like, do you really think I'm that dumb? If you're gonna go for the salty comeback, the least you can do is respect my intelligence a little. I know it's FG, but c'mon...

Last edited:

Super Nicktendo

Smash Rookie
When someone taunts after taking my first stock, even though they have a high percentage on their last stock.

When someone changes their name to something like "U SUCK" even though you beat them.

Eugene Wang

Smash Apprentice
Why you get offended by a stranger? If some one else is winning, I let him celebrate that in any form or way. No problem. You probably get all mad or something and leave immediately if some one uses their taunt or ducks 2 times. Oh boohoo. So mean!

But yeah, dominance is a great thing in life in all kinds of aspects. These days, I switch to Wario who has unlimited taunts on his bike, which means you need to use them all. THat's how you play the character. And you finish with the big fart.

well;, if you read my other post before, you knew that was what it was all about in the arcades. Not playing like a little girl. Man up my friend. You don't deserve bragging rights, you earn them.

It is, that's why they play it at Evo. Do I have to explain everything these days?

Fake people love fake compliments This is the problem with kids these days. You get humiliated, but can't handle the truth. Still begging for fake compliments.

But you will learn pretty soon that the world doesn't work that way. Nobody will give you fake compliments if you suck at work, they will fire your *** and stop giving you money. Now if you get good, you're getting more money and you're the one who decides that the other sucks. That's how life works. It's all about position.
[voice=falsetto][sarcasm]
Oooh! I'd never think I'd meet a "Stop Having Fun" Guy! Can I have your autograph please?
[/sarcasm][/voice]
In all seriousness, there's a difference between "Hey, you can improve. Try this." and "LOLOLOL UR NUB". The former helps to create good players, while the latter repels them.

And I doubt you live your life the way you describe. If you did, you would be in prison, and without access to the internet.

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
Why is it that when some players lose to you, they'll just straight-up switch to a top tier like sheik?

And then still lose?

And then leave?

Like, who're you fooling? You aint no sheik main, son.

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
Wow, look at all that sarcasm. So edgy.
I don't believe edginess was what he was going for.

Do you practice what you preach? I'm genuinely curious.

Hopefully not, that's how the toxic people on For Glory (Which I have never had the chance to come across, which is nice) act.

Last edited:

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
People who literally refuse to approach are really irritating - and I don't mean "Plays villager, spams Lloid.", I mean, "Plays Marth, lets me shoot them in the face over and over until they're at 100+%.".

I keep seeing this - and I'm gonna keep complaining about it. How lacking in basic sense do you have to be to let this happen? Really?

Playerhater

Smash Cadet
User was warned for this post
I don't believe edginess was what he was going for.

Do you practice what you preach? I'm genuinely curious.

Hopefully not, that's how the toxic people on For Glory (Which I have never had the chance to come across, which is nice) act.
That's because you are the toxic one. You play Libble Mac. You're the cheap one nobody enjoys playing against.

Playerhater

Smash Cadet
Oh I forgot that people pick Libble Max because it's such a well balanced character with a diverse moveset.

omg rofl lmao lolz wtf 9gag!

Who doesn't like to play smash bros without all movement and jumping? Macs uppercat is like using a blue shell in Mario Kart.You already lost bruah. At life . It's basically a free chance at a KO with one button press for n00bs, ie cheap. I still kill them all though,

Please explain the irony. Don't use words if you don't know the meaning.

KirbCider

Smash Ace
Oh I forgot that people pick Libble Max because it's such a well balanced character with a diverse moveset.

Who doesn't like to play smash bros without all movement and jumping? Macs uppercat is like using a blue shell in Mario Kart.You already lost bruah. At life . It's basically a free chance at a KO with one button press for n00bs, ie cheap. I still kill them all though,

It's perfectly understandable to hate a character, and have the need to vent. We all have that certain character for us, but... Really...?

Little Mac isn't cheap. No character is or can be. If you slaughter Little Macs like you say then what's the problem exactly? Little Macs Super Armor and Ground game is all he has. What else do you expect a Little Mac to do..? An interesting fact: Little Mac's not Falco.

Personally, he DOESN'T prefer the air. *Ba dum, TSH*

....... It's okay, I'll give you all a moment to let that joke sink in.

A smart Little Mac stays grounded because his air attacks are pretty much near worthless. He has a lot of things going against him, too. Take away the only thing that makes Little Mac well... Little Mac, and you got yourself a character that would be pretty unusable.

I get it, he's pretty annoying. I personally dislike Little Mac as well; however I'm not gonna go as far as to call him cheap and for noobs.

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
That's because you are the toxic one. You play Libble Mac. You're the cheap one nobody enjoys playing against.
I don't just play Little Mac. I also play Toon Link, Cloud, and Lucas.

Just because I play these characters doesn't mean I'm toxic.

If I'm toxic, than what are you? Radioactive?
Science jokes are fun.
It's ironic that someone that tells people to "git gud" to deal with annoying things in Smash finds a character cheap (A low tier, no less).

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Why is it that when some players lose to you, they'll just straight-up switch to a top tier like sheik?

And then still lose?

And then leave?

Like, who're you fooling? You aint no sheik main, son.
What if you actually do main the top tier? Sometimes I fool around with some character, get my ass whooped and jump straight to ZSS. Granted, I don't leave after one game regardless if I win or lose, but I'll stick with ZSS till I feel satisfied.

I can't tell if you're a troll or legitimately like this. Either way, it's disappointing

Spc2799

Smash Cadet
NNID
Spc2799
What really irks me is when I'm playing Marth on FG and someone loses to me and then immediately switches to Roy thinking that will be enough to beat me. Also i ABSOLUTELY HATE when someone switches to your main with the same skin when they're salty.

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
What if you actually do main the top tier? Sometimes I fool around with some character, get my *** whooped and jump straight to ZSS. Granted, I don't leave after one game regardless if I win or lose, but I'll stick with ZSS till I feel satisfied.
I must be finding A LOT of bad sheik/zss mains, then.

Falc0ofspades

Smash Rookie
NNID
Brmybutler
Taunting every single time they kill u. Like scrub falcon players that Down taunk after they just f-smash u...like wtf

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
>Scrub
>Kill you

Erm...
Hey, even awful players can get a dumb kill from time to time. I should know, I get them all the time. :v

But yeah, I do agree with the "People swapping to Top Tiers to win." thing... They're usually the kinda people who obviously don't have a main and just swap characters every time they lose, blaming it on the MU or the character you're playing or some other jazz. You can often tell a mile off if someone mains a character or not just based on their timings of moves - the accuracy at which they move. -and Sheik/ZSS are probably the worst offenders for exposing people who don't have a single clue about what they're actually doing.

I haven't played a genuine feeling Sheik/ZSS player in a long time. Most of the time, people are picking Sheik to counter-pick my Bowser, and they still lose. As for ZSS, well, there's only so many throw combos they can whiff before you start realising they have nowhere near enough experience with that character for them to be their main (-and god forbid if you see either Sheik or ZSS approaching with Down-B. Jeez.).

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
Yeah, when a ZSS's edgeguard strategy goes something like "dash attack, backroll 3 times, full charge stun gun, repeat as necessary," they start looking pretty fraudulent.

zVenime

Smash Rookie
Some things that annoy me in For Glory, is when people either

A. Try to be an :GCA: hole and choose the same character as you thinking "haha I beat you with your main" when in reality they spammed one move the whole time.

B. Spam one single move about 50 times.

C. some laggy mexican with horrible internet lags the room.

Top Bottom