• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What grinds your gears in For Glory mode? (THE ROLLENING)

iTheta

Smash Rookie
NNID
CulConnor
oh god, as someone who used to main(and now secondaries) samus, I cringe everytime I see someone doing nothing but roll and fire projectiles with samus. Her RUN is faster and safer than her roll but you can't teach them that even after you win via using nothing but 4 rests.
I prefer KO punches.

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
I'm pretty awful as Samus and even I know Samus' Roll is awful. You're probably even better just using Morph Bomb and hoping the smaller hitbox saves you. lol

iTheta

Smash Rookie
NNID
CulConnor
I'm pretty awful as Samus and even I know Samus' Roll is awful. You're probably even better just using Morph Bomb and hoping the smaller hitbox saves you. lol
Morph Bomb works better, I can verify

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
UGH. The SPAMUS are annoying. I had to face one the other day and managed to win one bout like by the skin of my teeth. It was horrible. Missile after missile and charged shot after charged shot.

Is like, there's no way to get past that if you don't have something to reflect-shield-roll those about... :facepalm:

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Ah, Spamus... This play style is strangely super annoying when playing Zelda.

Not only they will try to spam projectiles and roll like there's no tomorrow, but when they get that you can reflect their projectiles, they will:

1) Spam missiles only until you use Nayru to finally use their charge shot during Nayru's endlag.
2) Do nothing at all, and just flee.

Same applies to ROB, too.

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
I saw a few people talking about this in Youtube comments, I have experienced this myself:
It seems that connection quality in matches seems to drop the more you play against the same person in For Glory. Like, seriously, it sounds weird and it makes no sense but it seems to happen.
And talking about connection issues... this happened twice today: I played one match against someone and the connection was excellent, then the next match, they switch to Little Mac, and suddenly the connection is garbage! I need to emphasize it's the same player.
Yeah, what a coincidence, the connection goes from good to bad the moment someone switched to the guy that's infamous for being God tier in lag! That's not fishy at all.

Kalierdarke

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kalierdarke
I saw a few people talking about this in Youtube comments, I have experienced this myself:
It seems that connection quality in matches seems to drop the more you play against the same person in For Glory. Like, seriously, it sounds weird and it makes no sense but it seems to happen.
And talking about connection issues... this happened twice today: I played one match against someone and the connection was excellent, then the next match, they switch to Little Mac, and suddenly the connection is garbage! I need to emphasize it's the same player.
Yeah, what a coincidence, the connection goes from good to bad the moment someone switched to the guy that's infamous for being God tier in lag! That's not fishy at all.
I seriously think some(not all) of the people who have mysterious lag show up when they're losing and no lag when they're winning, that they have a computer or something nearby and they queue up a download or mass stream videos to cause lag when it benefits them.

I've had matches where I would be winning, suddenly, lag until the opponent was ahead. and then no lag... until I started winning again.

ArcanaXIII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ArcanaXIII
So I'm convinced that I'm currently in FG Hell, considering the people I've been playing.
Links that only know how to roll and spam the c stick
Pits that only know how to side B
DHDs that only know how to roll and spam projectiles
Falcos that only know how to laser
The classic FG Mac, yes they even side B off the stage

I feel like I'm gonna be seeing this and more for a while.

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
You know what? I think I found the thing that annoys me most about Cloud in FG. -and it's actually nothing to do with Cloud.

It's the sheer backlash of people playing characters to "counter" Cloud, or that Cloud has been compared to. I've come across more Ikes, Little Macs, and even damn Shulks than Cloud, not even combined, just in general.

-and then of course, you have the generic unnecessary crap from people who seem to think that you playing Cloud is somehow disrespectful, so they pick Ganon or Jiggs or Falcon and they try to "style" you until you're ready to mod FG out of the game entirely...

El_Mariachi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
El_Marvinho
The people who take the time to change their tags to "ur bad", "Tryhard", "u suck", "ur gay", or whatever insult they can think of. Especially after they lose too. Take it easy homie stop tryna hurt my feelings. :smash:

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
You know what? I think I found the thing that annoys me most about Cloud in FG. -and it's actually nothing to do with Cloud.

It's the sheer backlash of people playing characters to "counter" Cloud, or that Cloud has been compared to. I've come across more Ikes, Little Macs, and even damn Shulks than Cloud, not even combined, just in general.

-and then of course, you have the generic unnecessary crap from people who seem to think that you playing Cloud is somehow disrespectful, so they pick Ganon or Jiggs or Falcon and they try to "style" you until you're ready to mod FG out of the game entirely...
Interesting way of thinking. Somehow, after battling MANY Cloud's these past days, I was giving some thought to it and thought to use someone to 'counter' Cloud's moves but instead of resorting to that, I just went with either a 'strong' character or decided to 'git gud', and would you know, it WORKED?

It may seem difficult to fight him, and sometimes I think that with his vast array of strong attacks without them being 'Smash-Attacks', the aerial he has are insane and his 'Limit-Break' state can be quite unnerving if you fail one move or walk the wrong way, but the tip here is: If you get familiarized with the character, you CAN defeat them, it just takes some addjusting to the quirks of them instead of going for 'styling' or 'counters'.

A good combination of shield-dodge and rolls can go a long way, everyone.

:bowser:

Purin a.k.a. José

Smash Lord
NNID
purinsmash
3DS FC
1418-7121-0144
I love to play in For Glory, and most of the stuff I posted here is solved (I got gud). But today I remember this type of person exists.
THE LAG SWITCHERS.
He was very good, actually. I won against his Ganondorf in Game 1 and he went Falco Game 2, which he won. By skill. How about game 3? This can be resumed in a single word: Slide-show. There was nothing I could do when he simply ran on my direction. The game would not read my inputs when this Smash-Symbol Loading thing appeared at the corner. I'm not even salty, just amused (in a bad way obviously) that people care so much about their effing percentage they can do things like that. I don't care if I have a 61% W/L ratio, because it won't necessarily show how much I evolved and how I loss to dumb stuff (like this Lag thing). I did my job, reporting and blocking him.
I admit I have anger issues, but I can't understand how people do that. This RUINS experiences. And no, it wasn't my Internet; my computer was in rest mode and nobody else was using Wi-Fi on my house, proof that in my next match (against other person) ran very smoothly. Falco isn't that much of a problem to me neither, I even won against most Flacos I've played up until now, including on tournament matches.
I may go to Anther's actually.

Last edited:

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
Interesting way of thinking. Somehow, after battling MANY Cloud's these past days, I was giving some thought to it and thought to use someone to 'counter' Cloud's moves but instead of resorting to that, I just went with either a 'strong' character or decided to 'git gud', and would you know, it WORKED?

It may seem difficult to fight him, and sometimes I think that with his vast array of strong attacks without them being 'Smash-Attacks', the aerial he has are insane and his 'Limit-Break' state can be quite unnerving if you fail one move or walk the wrong way, but the tip here is: If you get familiarized with the character, you CAN defeat them, it just takes some addjusting to the quirks of them instead of going for 'styling' or 'counters'.

A good combination of shield-dodge and rolls can go a long way, everyone.

Yeah, a lot of people are counterpicking Greninja for Cloud, who... Don't get me wrong, is an excellent pick for many reasons, but they still have this horrible habit of just not knowing the MU, how to actually beat Cloud or play the character. If anything, I've had the most trouble with people who are just naturally skilled in their character and are blatantly not scared of Cloud at all.

I have this habit of hopping and charging Limit while out of range, and the amount of baits that has landed me is ridiculous, mostly because people are trying dumb crap because they have it in their mind that Cloud just isn't worth trying against. It's almost as if people just aren't thinking about the tools Cloud has to offer and how to avoid those, and instead are just focusing on his weaknesses and laughing him off as a joke that people in FG will eventually just stop.

People are getting impatient and letting their guard down because Cloud is new, but when I come across someone who blatantly knows what they're doing, Cloud is just nothing special. He's a cool character and all, he might even make my list, but he's nothing to treat differently to the rest of the cast... Just stick to creaming him with your mains, be patient, and learn what not to get caught into. It's not rocket science.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Yeah, a lot of people are counterpicking Greninja for Cloud, who... Don't get me wrong, is an excellent pick for many reasons, but they still have this horrible habit of just not knowing the MU, how to actually beat Cloud or play the character. If anything, I've had the most trouble with people who are just naturally skilled in their character and are blatantly not scared of Cloud at all.

I have this habit of hopping and charging Limit while out of range, and the amount of baits that has landed me is ridiculous, mostly because people are trying dumb crap because they have it in their mind that Cloud just isn't worth trying against. It's almost as if people just aren't thinking about the tools Cloud has to offer and how to avoid those, and instead are just focusing on his weaknesses and laughing him off as a joke that people in FG will eventually just stop.

People are getting impatient and letting their guard down because Cloud is new, but when I come across someone who blatantly knows what they're doing, Cloud is just nothing special. He's a cool character and all, he might even make my list, but he's nothing to treat differently to the rest of the cast... Just stick to creaming him with your mains, be patient, and learn what not to get caught into. It's not rocket science.
:4greninja:? Really? Didn't know he was that good against Cloud. Oh well, there's always someone that uses a character godly-like which can be a threat to any other character anyway, hehe.

Yeah. Since he is a 'new' character, people are still trying to get 'used' to him, much like with Ryu at one point and once he's know of and of what he can and can't do. Some may find him as a joke, while other might think of him as a formidable opponent, but in due time, he'll be familiarized, that's it.

Just another character to fight, interesting in his own right as much as the rest, but still fun to tryout.

The main thing to deal with a character, is to KNOW how and everyone will be aces against whatever matchup. I agree with you, dude.

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
:4greninja:? Really? Didn't know he was that good against Cloud. Oh well, there's always someone that uses a character godly-like which can be a threat to any other character anyway, hehe.

Yeah. Since he is a 'new' character, people are still trying to get 'used' to him, much like with Ryu at one point and once he's know of and of what he can and can't do. Some may find him as a joke, while other might think of him as a formidable opponent, but in due time, he'll be familiarized, that's it.

Just another character to fight, interesting in his own right as much as the rest, but still fun to tryout.

The main thing to deal with a character, is to KNOW how and everyone will be aces against whatever matchup. I agree with you, dude.

Greninja has powerful edgeguarding tools IMO. -and you can say goodbye to ever recovering with regular Climhazzard anyway, because Greninja has his own recovery to screw you with.

But yeah, I feel that all DLC characters are gonna be like this... People in FG who just want to give the character a chance are gonna get looked down on because it's cocky or foolish to assume this blank slate of a character can do well in a competitive scene. Which isn't too awful to say, but it's certainly not always true - because they don't have a place on some tier list doesn't mean they're not potentially high up on it - Ryu being a good example of such (*cough* Even though I hate Ryu and most people are god-awful as him. *cough*). Some people pick up characters blindingly fast, while there's still some people who couldn't play a single character from the non-DLC roster. It's just all down to the players present.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Greninja has powerful edgeguarding tools IMO. -and you can say goodbye to ever recovering with regular Climhazzard anyway, because Greninja has his own recovery to screw you with.

But yeah, I feel that all DLC characters are gonna be like this... People in FG who just want to give the character a chance are gonna get looked down on because it's cocky or foolish to assume this blank slate of a character can do well in a competitive scene. Which isn't too awful to say, but it's certainly not always true - because they don't have a place on some tier list doesn't mean they're not potentially high up on it - Ryu being a good example of such (*cough* Even though I hate Ryu and most people are god-awful as him. *cough*). Some people pick up characters blindingly fast, while there's still some people who couldn't play a single character from the non-DLC roster. It's just all down to the players present.
Ha. Interesting. Didn't know he had that kind of arsenal for edgeguard. Although, I guess all of the :4greninja:'s I have faced are NOT doing edgeguarding, so there's that. Or prefer for the 'oh, mighty' Shuriken Water Stars and/or Smash Attacks the most, jeez.

They want to try them out for the 'recency factor' or for the coolness of it all, that's what sometimes happens. It depends on who plays with the characters at the end of the day, and if they do alright with them, more power to them.

Last edited:

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
Ha. Interesting. Didn't know he had that kind of aresenal for edgeguard. Although, I guess all of the :4greninja:'s I have faced are NOT doing edgeguarding, so there's that. Or prefer for the 'oh, mighty' Shuriken Water Stars and/or Smash Attacks the most, jeez.

They wan to try them out for the 'recency factor' or for the coolness of it all, that's what sometimes happens. It depends on who plays with the characters at the end of the day, and if they do alright with them, more power to them.

Ironically enough, two of Greninja's best edgeguarding tools are D-Smash and Water Shuriken. lol (Except in the Cloud MU, then all you have to do is Hydro Pump him after he's offstage and "Whoops, no ledgesnap.".)

(Actually, let me point out that that's happened to me more than I'd like to admit - mostly on accident on the Greninja players' part, but still, c'mon FG...)

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Ironically enough, two of Greninja's best edgeguarding tools are D-Smash and Water Shuriken. lol (Except in the Cloud MU, then all you have to do is Hydro Pump him after he's offstage and "Whoops, no ledgesnap.".)

(Actually, let me point out that that's happened to me more than I'd like to admit - mostly on accident on the Greninja players' part, but still, c'mon FG...)
Oh. In that case, nevermind, it has happened to me with that. But since I haven't been in such predicament of 'can't return to the stage' by :4greninja: since I always managed to come back. Must be the attempts or the 'lack of approach' by the player to actively stop me, heh. :p

But on characters with bad recovery I can see why that is a problem, though. Especially with someone like Mac or Cloud in these situations.

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682

Wow. It gets Cloudy in For Glory for a week and people are already that desperate for counter picks?
I've had no issues with fighting Cloud at all, if anything, some players I fought kept using his specials, specifically Cross Slash and Climhazzard.
A thing that grinds my gears is getting between two opponents at kill percent, having no other option but to shield, have my shield broken.
Oh, and Zelda. With bad experiences from Brawl Online Zelda players, I hated going against Zelda's. The up special buff at the reappearing part of the attack annoy's me, even though I don't hit/killed by it very often.
And there's Nayru's Love, which I'm sure FG Zelda's spam the moment an opponent comes within a range where they can hit here.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
And there's Nayru's Love, which I'm sure FG Zelda's spam the moment an opponent comes within a range where they can hit here.
I must say that Nayru's Love is a great tool against people who love to roll around you. With this, those with roll as the only movement option start to discover they can use the left stick.

But when opponent are just within range, there's no need to spam it. And yet, some Zelda's actualy does it.

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
the only thing that grinds my gears right now are lag issues. I can handle the abundance of "spammers" and "tryhards", even if i occasionally lose to them.

what i kind of dislike atm are all the clouds on fg. yeah, he is new, he is pretty cool and arguably the best swordsman in smash, but i run into him all the time...and yet I can handle them pretty well with G&W.

Secretely I hope that they kinda nerf some aspects of his limit gimmick, though. it feels a little bit too strong and versitile. I mean, cloud gets either an early KO attack, a long lasting hitbox or a high knockback projectile...adapting to that is kinda stressfull

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Counterpicking is starting to get extremely more frequent with my latest FG runs. Obvs it's going to happen from time to time. But it gets grating when every new opponent you face, after the initial character who could be someone like Game and Watch, switches to Sheik the next round. I swear Ike and Roy has got to be the characters who induce the most overall salt once that victory screen hits sheesh.

I think it's more grating when you're up against someone who's really good and has you on the ropes, yet next round still feels the need to switch to character who has a more favorable match up/higher tiered etc. Like today this Marth (man I haven't run into those in ages for some reason) was extremely good, perfect spacing and spot dodging, landed a lot of tippers on me like it was nothing. Again after not seeing a Marth for such a long time, finally running into a very skilled one was so exciting, I rush into the next round to see that they switched their character to Sonic and played like the typical FG flowchart one.

There are some counterpicks I don't mind obviously, like when people bring out Marth, Shulk, Link (rather punch a wall but like the challenge when it's a decent one), Captain Falcon (cause he's just fun to fight), or Cloud against my Ike to name a few. Then there's the real obnoxious counterpicks, like this Roy who switched to Duck Hunt after one lost and kept running from one end of the stage to the other just spamming projectiles. I always instantly leave when someone makes it that obvious they switched just to switch and don't really main the character.

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
Counterpicking is starting to get extremely more frequent with my latest FG runs. Obvs it's going to happen from time to time. But it gets grating when every new opponent you face, after the initial character who could be someone like Game and Watch, switches to Sheik the next round. I swear Ike and Roy has got to be the characters who induce the most overall salt once that victory screen hits sheesh.

I think it's more grating when you're up against someone who's really good and has you on the ropes, yet next round still feels the need to switch to character who has a more favorable match up/higher tiered etc. Like today this Marth (man I haven't run into those in ages for some reason) was extremely good, perfect spacing and spot dodging, landed a lot of tippers on me like it was nothing. Again after not seeing a Marth for such a long time, finally running into a very skilled one was so exciting, I rush into the next round to see that they switched their character to Sonic and played like the typical FG flowchart one.

There are some counterpicks I don't mind obviously, like when people bring out Marth, Shulk, Link (rather punch a wall but like the challenge when it's a decent one), Captain Falcon (cause he's just fun to fight), or Cloud against my Ike to name a few. Then there's the real obnoxious counterpicks, like this Roy who switched to Duck Hunt after one lost and kept running from one end of the stage to the other just spamming projectiles. I always instantly leave when someone makes it that obvious they switched just to switch and don't really main the character.
Yeah, as a part-time Bows main, the amount of Sheiks I've pounded to dust in FG since the last patch alone for this exact dumb reason is countless.
-and then you have Villagers for my Koops who seem to think Pocket literally stops me from attacking, not just takes up my Mechakoopa.

I just can't mentally be dealing with people who are that thirsty to win they'd actually cripple the chance of winning on their own merit...

KirbCider

Smash Ace
What grinds my gears the absolute most in For Glory is when somebody claims you are "2EASY" when they win by only +1 (especially if it was a last second KO), or win with only one stock left with 90%-127% damage. Obviously I'm not too easy if I can make it that close of a match with you, so quit thinking you're the best player ever when you're one Smash Attack away from losing yourself.

Now, if someone beats me with both stocks (or got +5 or more KOs without getting KOed) and only took 30% or below? Then yeah, I would probably be considered too easy for them. Not saying this would justify it, but I can't necessarily deny I got beat into the ground.

Also, if you are going to down right take the full 40 to 60 seconds to fling +20 insults to someone just because you won by +1/one stock with 90%-127% don't be a coward and run. Stay and back that big talk up if you think you're that tough. I had someone in a 2V2 who did this today. Won only by +1, claimed we were "2EASY" and proceeded to go through at least 25 different tags before leaving. Seriously, back that talk up and stay instead of running with your tails between your legs. You will earn my respect if you end up staying after that.

This whole thing really got at me today, and I'm pretty ashamed that I actually let it.

On the bright side, my friend and I met these really great guys right after that incident. They both always started off the match with a Taunt Greeting and were extremely respectful. In fact, we enjoyed them so much that when my friend had to use the restroom we didn't leave, and instead put his tag up as "BRB", and I was honestly stunned at the results... They waited the entire match.

They didn't try to KO either of us (was controlling both and making attacks here and there so we didn't idle) and just waited. That was not only kind, but the most respect I had ever seen in For Glory. We probably played at least three full hours with these guys before they finally left (which saddened us both). I wasn't letting them off the hook that easily though. I sent them a friend request immediately. I hope they accepted it, and if so I gotta remember to send them a message on MiiVerse and give them my praise.

Last edited:

Kalierdarke

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kalierdarke
What grinds my gears the absolute most in For Glory is when somebody claims you are "2EASY" when they win by only +1 (especially if it was a last second KO), or win with only one stock left with 90%-127% damage. Obviously I'm not too easy if I can make it that close of a match with you, so quit thinking you're the best player ever when you're one Smash Attack away from losing yourself.

Now, if someone beats me with both stocks (or got +5 or more KOs without getting KOed) and only took 30% or below? Then yeah, I would probably be considered too easy for them. Not saying this would justify it, but I can't necessarily deny I got beat into the ground.

Also, if you are going to down right take the full 40 to 60 seconds to fling +20 insults to someone just because you won by +1/one stock with 90%-127% don't be a coward and run. Stay and back that big talk up if you think you're that tough. I had someone in a 2V2 who did this today. Won only by +1, claimed we were "2EASY" and proceeded to go through at least 25 different tags before leaving. Seriously, back that talk up and stay instead of running with your tails between your legs. You will earn my respect if you end up staying after that.

This whole thing really got at me today, and I'm pretty ashamed that I actually let it.

On the bright side, my friend and I met these really great guys right after that incident. They both always started off the match with a Taunt Greeting and were extremely respectful. In fact, we enjoyed them so much that when my friend had to use the restroom we didn't leave, and instead put his tag up as "BRB", and I was honestly stunned at the results... They waited the entire match.

They didn't try to KO either of us (was controlling both and making attacks here and there so we didn't idle) and just waited. That was not only kind, but the most respect I had ever seen in For Glory. We probably played at least three full hours with these guys before they finally left (which saddened us both). I wasn't letting them off the hook that easily though.

I sent them a friend request right after they left, and I honestly hope they accepted it. They were truly amazing people.

What's worse is when they say you suck, call you a coward, laugh, and leave. after you bodied them HARD.

It's great when you find those respectful players though.

Last edited:

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682
Why is it that FG Clouds do nothing but their specials? (specifically Cross Slash and Climhazzard)
Oh today I once killed someone using Cloud through Cloudcide (Climhazzard downwards offstage). Because the guy was using Falcon, and tried to meteor smash me. Next Match he picks Cloud and tries to do the same thing to me several times, all of which failed.

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
Tunnel visioning is a really common one that gets annoying. I only go on 4-player FG and seeing someone run their way through 2 other people hurling out attacks just to get to me like some scene out of a dramatic army movie is just silly.

Then there's the people who maliciously try to ditto me even though I main random. I even have the nickname that clearly says "RANDOM" but you want a runback and pick Ike when I'm now a pink haired Bowser. It's pretty funny to watch people ditto others though.

Last edited:

Mothraniclus

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1178-0677-3736
As a Samus main it hurts me to see people using spamus. Usually I start as Lucina or Jigglypuff to train a little bit, but If I'm getting beat or I find a fg spammer, I'll immediately switch to Samus. It does get really annoying how in 2v2 one cloud will charge their limit break while the other just spams cross slash in an attempt to protect the cloud that is charging. :glare:

Last edited:

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
I feel that a lot of people seriously just don't try to take you seriously regardless of how well you're doing... Never been more present than in a match I just had where - because I was playing Robin - they swapped to Palutena, spammed Reflect, even went as far as to taunt a couple of times, then...

-they got near-bodied. Expectably, since I just avoided throwing out projectiles randomly. Now, the guy had a decent Samus, spaced well, performed a few good spikes (-and despite losing to my Dedede, who is arguably one of my worst characters), they were pretty good. Still, I beat his Samus with Robin a fair amount of times, and moved on. -because, well, I just couldn't shake the two games he decided to play Palutena, let me charge Thunder to Arcthunder numerous times while he taunted, and then proceeded to lose almost effortlessly, all the while, I was still hitting him with projectiles. The only projectiles he reflected were 2 Elthunders a Thunder, and an Arcfire that didn't hit me.

Look, I don't mind if you think you're better than me. I don't mind if you are better than me. I don't mind if you decide to be an idiot for the sake of being an idiot. But when you're being an idiot because you think you can get away with it and still win (Especially when you have zero actual consistency as to if you're truly better or not.), get the hell out of FG. You are not worth my time.

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
There's that group of players who play like this and If I were to convert their playstyle into dialogue, it'd be like this:

"Oh yeah! Uh-huh. Run up- PSYCHE roll back- you'll never see this one coming- OHP! I just grabbed you, haha! Missed my attack? Can't touch me, roll back- dash attack- 2 quick 4 you! Come at you with a followp up fair because shiiii- i'm too quick for you, ninja. ROLL OUT"

Yeah it works on me when my brain isn't functioning, but it's also very apparent they play fast and don't think when you turn the offense around and see the multitude of airdodges and unchanging defensive options, especially when attempting to recover.

Last edited:

Racer07

Smash Cadet
NNID
MisterSeven
3DS FC
3797-7378-1855
I really don't like when someone runs off the stage before even attacks were landed. This happened sometime last year when my Sonic was winning against someone. For five straight fights, they just kept jumping off-stage.

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
One sentence: "He creamed all my characters with his main, better ditto him because that character is obviously OP! LOL!"

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
Sometimes I do this sort of thing against players I know aren't very good. I'll go characters I don't really play and just kind of mess around. I'll do some regular things but still pull off dumb **** (like just going for Bowsercide scoops) because I'd rather have fun against someone who isn't that great. It's not like it's a tournament environment, and it's not like I want someone to be a punching bag all the time.

Last edited:

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
Sometimes I do this sort of thing against players I know aren't very good. I'll go characters I don't really play and just kind of mess around. I'll do some regular things but still pull off dumb **** (like just going for Bowsercide scoops) because I'd rather have fun against someone who isn't that great. It's not like it's a tournament environment, and it's not like I want someone to be a punching bag all the time.
I meant it more in the sense that people who aren't very good will ditto you after losing over and over as if you're only winning because of your character.

I tend to leave before this sort of thing happens, I don't like fights that aren't a challenge personally, and most people who have a shred of skill tend not to attempt blatant counterpicks and/or dittos until they win, but even some of the better players adopt this mindset and that's when their true colours show.

I don't mind dittos in most circumstances, but it just gets insulting when they've gone through 2/3 other characters they seemed to really know what they were doing with, then instantly drop the ball on any chance of winning when they decide to ditto you because they think the character you play is the only reason you're winning.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
I meant it more in the sense that people who aren't very good will ditto you after losing over and over as if you're only winning because of your character.

I tend to leave before this sort of thing happens, I don't like fights that aren't a challenge personally, and most people who have a shred of skill tend not to attempt blatant counterpicks and/or dittos until they win, but even some of the better players adopt this mindset and that's when their true colours show.

I don't mind dittos in most circumstances, but it just gets insulting when they've gone through 2/3 other characters they seemed to really know what they were doing with, then instantly drop the ball on any chance of winning when they decide to ditto you because they think the character you play is the only reason you're winning.
I was talking about the post you made before the ditto post. The one about non-serious play.

I guess the dittos apply to that path of thinking though.

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217

I was talking about the post you made before the ditto post. The one about non-serious play.

I guess the dittos apply to that path of thinking though.
Oh, you snipped the quote, so I didn't realise. My bad. lol

But yeah, I get what you mean. If someone is doing bad, then feel free to have fun with that if that's your bag (I mean... It is mine some days, I won't judge.). Personally, I tend to use that time to try out some of my staler characters that I know I don't do nowhere near as good with. I mean, sure, I usually lose, and rarely get a chance to show my mains off before they leave, but I tend to have more fun with it than just effortlessly pounding people over and over, that's for sure.

Top Bottom