• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Final Smashes do you want changed and what would they be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I don't see this discussed often, and it is one of the more key aspects of Smash Bros., Final Smashes. We know Sakurai is changing Final Smashes, such as Luigi's, Pit's, and Kirby's. So what other characters do you think should have different Final Smashes? Here is just my suggestions.

• Mario: I felt his Final Smash didn't really represent him as a character. Maybe something to do with Galaxy or 3D World?
  • Peach: I felt that her Final Smash was really bad, so maybe give her the ability to summon a lot of toads?
  • Meta Knight: Galacta Knight?
  • King Dedede: Masked Dedede?

Overtaken

Smash Journeyman
I think most people don't really care passionately about final smashes until they inherently a fair and balanced part of gameplay (my profound apologise for the accidental, and distasteful allusion to Fox News)

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I would like to have new FS for Bowser (dafuq is Giga Bowser? ..awful), Peach (seems more fitting for Jigglypuff, she needs her multiple personalities from Super Princess Peach), ..and of course, taking off each Landmasters from StarFox crew for something more fitting for each one. .-. (If Lucas return, I'd change his FS too). that's it. ... I don't have anything to complain about the other FSs, I guess. =P

Eight Melodies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DestroyerGiygas
Toon Link could use the Wind Waker to summon a storm.
Falco should obviously have an Arwing, and Wolf could maybe call in his team to shoot at players.
Lucas should have PK Love.
And give Jigglypuff anything else please the old one was terrible.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I think most people don't really care passionately about final smashes until they inherently a fair and balanced part of gameplay (my profound apologise for the accidental, and distasteful allusion to Fox News)
I mean yeah I agree, but I do like Final Smashes because they feel so epic when you perform them. Besides, there is really nothing else to talk about.

I don't demand that a character's final smash is something that they actually do in their own games, as long as it makes some lick of sense for their character. That said, I was bothered by a few of them. Luigi's Negative Zone had little to do with his character, didn't originate from any game he was in, and its usefulness in combat was questionable. It's no wonder they changed it, and it seems its effect was given to the Ashley AT.

Three characters with a Landmaster was odd, especially since Falco states he prefers the air, seconds before he comes crashing back to earth in an armored tank. I wonder if he had an Arwing air strike FS that got scrapped late in development; it would explain his dialogue. An Arwing FS for Falco seems obvious, but I wonder what could be done for Wolf. Maybe he his FS could be "Wolfgang," where a bomb is planted in the stage, his co-pilots shoot the place up, and Mozart music plays.

Giga Bowser is fine with me, but Wario-Man, anticlimactic as all get-out, could be swapped out for just about anything. Apart from those, I would prefer FSs not be transformations but instead, super moves. Looks like Mac's is already of the transforming type, though...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't demand that a character's final smash is something that they actually do in their own games, as long as it makes some lick of sense for their character. That said, I was bothered by a few of them. Luigi's Negative Zone had little to do with his character, didn't originate from any game he was in, and its usefulness in combat was questionable. It's no wonder they changed it, and it seems its effect was given to the Ashley AT.

Three characters with a Landmaster was odd, especially since Falco states he prefers the air, seconds before he comes crashing back to earth in an armored tank. I wonder if he had an Arwing air strike FS that got scrapped late in development; it would explain his dialogue. An Arwing FS for Falco seems obvious, but I wonder what could be done for Wolf. Maybe he his FS could be "Wolfgang," where a bomb is planted in the stage, his co-pilots shoot the place up, and Mozart music plays.

Giga Bowser is fine with me, but Wario-Man, anticlimactic as all get-out, could be swapped out for just about anything. Apart from those, I would prefer FSs not be transformations but instead, super moves. Looks like Mac's is already of the transforming type, though...
His dialogue makes perfect sense

He's quote is directly related to the fact he's using a land master.

He's saying it's not his preference

His dialogue makes perfect sense

He's quote is directly related to the fact he's using a land master.

He's saying it's not his preference
I guess it depends on the context you're hearing it. To me, it sounds like he's making some kind of rebuttal to Fox. In SF64, Falco was begrudging about the Landmaster, so it seems right that he'd remark about "preferring the air" and then hop into an Arwing.

Really, he's probably talking about the hover jets on his own Landmaster.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I guess it depends on the context you're hearing it. To me, it sounds like he's making some kind of rebuttal to Fox. In SF64, Falco was begrudging about the Landmaster, so it seems right that he'd remark about "preferring the air" and then hop into an Arwing.

Really, he's probably talking about the hover jets on his own Landmaster.
I think he's talking to slippy or ROB because they are the ones sending him the land master

Overtaken

Smash Journeyman
:falco:Personally :troll:, I think Falco's inflection when he says that line is really awkward and confusing, which just exasperates the ambiguity all the more.

iFlysmn

Smash Rookie
To be honest (and I don't know if this is an unpopular opinion or not) I don't like Little Mac's final smash. I don't know what it would be changed to, it's just I'm not a fan of transformation ones, including Fox/Falco/Wolf (surly they could have Arwings come in and blast everyone).

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
The Villager. They just gave him Kirby's old FS, which sucked. Badum-tss! He should've gave him either a living T-Rex fossil to ride on, An Ultra Sword-esque combo with a Golden Axe, or the Meteor Shower. :T
But I think we can all agree that Tom Nook getting blasted away by Dream Home is total AC fan service! :3

Last edited:

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Mario MARIO MARIO!!
IDK Mega Mario I don't care just replace that awful attack.
Peach.
Four emotions

But these and others I think have already been said so...

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Who I think needs a new Final Smash:

- Starfox Characters - Hoping for something different other than having 3 Landmasters
- Earthbound Characters - Maybe they could differentiate Lucas and Ness's FS if they are coming back.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Peqch needs her Vibe Powers from SPP and Mario needs to go Mega Mario.

RascalTheCharizard

Smash Ace
I don't see this discussed often, and it is one of the more key aspects of Smash Bros., Final Smashes. We know Sakurai is changing Final Smashes, such as Luigi's, Pit's, and Kirby's. So what other characters do you think should have different Final Smashes? Here is just my suggestions.

• Mario: I felt his Final Smash didn't really represent him as a character. Maybe something to do with Galaxy or 3D World?
  • Peach: I felt that her Final Smash was really bad, so maybe give her the ability to summon a lot of toads?
  • Meta Knight: Galacta Knight?
  • King Dedede: Masked Dedede?
Meta Knight ≠ Galacta Knight. Just sayin'. Also I hope he's cut

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
Mario should Hammer Suit it up and turn his fireballs into high powered hammers.

Peach should do her emotion powers or a Toad army. This game could always use more Toads.

DK should ride Rambi around for OHKOs if you connect with his horn.

Falco = Arwing because d'uh

Pit should - never mind. He got it. ;)

Charizard and Lucario should get their Mega Evolutions. It seems like this is the case but we don't know for sure yet.

Jigglypuff should get Dazzling Gleam or Play Rough or some new Fairy type move,

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
How has no one mentioned DK???
:4dk:
Have we all forgotten how much it SUCKED?
At least Kirby usually caught someone. At least Luigi could be used strategically. At least Zamus had good knockback. At leeeast Meta Knight's LOOKED nice.
DK's looked stupid, made no sense for a hulking ape, even IF it's from his games, and was so avoidable you felt bad for the guy that used it. Even if it hit you, you could DI out with only minimal damage.

If Skull Kid can't bring down the moon, then the next best candidate is DK.

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
nah... I liked the Donkey Konga reference.. I hope they keeps it, actually. Is a very underground game, and should get some representation.. somehow. .-.

evildevil97

Smash Apprentice
NNID
evildevil97
Something needs to happen with DK's, for sure. Sounds like Luigi's will be changed to the Poltergust, so that's a yay. Hoping Bowser's gets changed too. I want the Klown Kar.

chronomantic

Smash Ace
Ganondorf! Ganon is so iconic to the series and the only thing he does is an incredibly predictable dash that it's as easily avoidable as it is laughable.
Keep Ganon but at least make him move freely.

Last edited:

Lugubrious

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lugubrious
Alright, here goes.

Yoshi: Mega Eggdozer - Yoshi scrunches itself up in concentration, swelling somewhat in size, before laying a colossal egg. Once laid, the egg starts to roll in the direction Yoshi was facing. It will roll across the stage at decent speed and will fall if rolled off an edge. It can hit a maximum of two players or walls before shattering. If a player is hit, severe damage is dealt.
Peach: Empress Peach - in a flash of light, Peach changes into her Mario Strikers Charged armor and sprouts giant pink wings. A halo-like crown also appears above her head. She can fly freely for a few seconds, and when the attack button is pressed, she will curl up into the fetal position before releasing a blinding flash from her wings that really knocks players away.
C. Falcon: Captain Falcon Punch - the screen zooms in on the Captain making a serious face. He shouts 'Captain!' and one if his fists lights on fire. He then shouts 'Falcon!' and raises the fist high. Screaming 'Punch!' he slams it into the stage, creating a massive fiery explosion at his location that insta-KOs anyone too close. The screen rumbles violently.
Pikachu: Electro Ball - with a signature "pi...ka...pi...ka...chuh-pi!", our yellow friend launches a ruthless orb of electric energy that the player can guide with the movement stick. When pressed again, the Electro Ball will detonate in a thunderclap.

That's all I have for now.

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
Honestly, almost all of the Final Smashes in Brawl pissed me off. I couldn't think of one that was spectacular enough or representative of the character using it.

One, Ness never has and should not be using PK Starstorm. He should be using PK Rockin/Love/Favorite Thing. I'm not positive on Lucas -- does Lucas learn PK Starstorm in Mother 3?

Jigglypuff's was ineffective and awful. IIRC there was an episode of the Pokemon show that had a giant Jigglypuff, but come on. Can't Jigglypuff just put everybody on the board to sleep for longer than usual? EDIT: OOH, EVEN BETTER -- You should be able to put everybody to sleep and then scribble on their faces. I demand that this happens. Are you listening to me, Sakurai? Do it >=(

Peach's.... don't get me started on Peach's. Just replace it with Psych Bomb and call it a day.

Pikachu's was just a clone of Sonic's. Why can't he have a flashy board-wide electric attack that shocks the **** out of everybody, like Storm's hyper combo? If the Final Smash doesn't induce seizures in the helpless and vulnerable, I'm not happy.

There are no words to describe how absolutely horrendous DK's was, but that goes without saying. We can't have anything from DK64? Anything? :(

Bowser's was OK-ish, but I wouldn't mind seeing it updated and incorporate things from Bowser's Inside Story. Bonus points if the Wii U ever comes out with a mic and you can blow into it to make Bowser breathe fire. I demand that Godzilla Bowser be a thing.

I understand why Yoshi's and Wario's were made the way they were (Yoshi's is a combination of the abilities of the Yoshis from Super Mario World and Wario's is from his game) but they're still just really lame. I don't know what else they could be replaced with though.

Toon Link's Final Smash needs moar pirates -- more specifically something taken out from one of his games. Why can't we have Tetra's ship from Wind Waker crash on the stage and let Tetra's team raid the place? Anything's better than simply cloning the original Link's.

Link's and Zelda's were all right but they just seemed so bland and unexciting to me. So was that of the Ice Climbers.

Edit: Another one I missed -- Why doesn't Ganondorf turn into a giant pig like he does at the end of Twilight Princess? Can't Nintendo do anything to make him less lame?

The few Final Smashes I found tolerable were Captain Falcon's, Mario's and Sonic's, and Sonic just needs to be re-tooled to be easier to control, period. Samus's is fine too, I guess. Metaknight's was legendary... if you could ever actually hit anyone with it.

I'm also immensely happy that Luigi's and Pit's Final Smashes were changed for SSB4. I wonder what ZSS's and Sheik's will be now that they're separate characters.

I miss Cook Kirby. ;________;

Last edited:

Mr_Anderson

Smash Cadet
I think that Ness and Lucas should definitely get PK Rockin' and PK Love respectively as their Final Smashes. I like PK Starstorm, but their unique moves should be represented somehow, and now the Three Sacred Treasures looks extremely similar at some points. Zero Suit Samus' and Sheik's will definitely be changed. I didn't really like Falco's or Wolf's Landmasters. Besides those, I didn't really like Donkey Kong's; it just felt way too boring and not very powerful.

Laniv

Smash Champion
Toon Link. Please, use the Ballad of Gales, or summon Tetra's pirates.
And as for Bowser, have him use an axe to collapse the bridge stage.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I have a feeling we'll be able to unlock smashes and customize characters what smash is used.

Villager - Bee's
Megaman - Rush Adaptor Armor
Link - Fierce Deity Link
Captain Falcon - Super Falcon Punch
Donkey Kong - Rambi
Falco - Airwing

Eight Melodies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DestroyerGiygas
I doubt they'll change Ness' and Captain Falcon's because they were intended to have their final smashes in Smash 64.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Donkey Kong's FS needs to be either riding Rambi, or Strong Kong from DK64. Look, if Diddy can have his crystal coconut ability from the same game, DK should get his too. ...As a side note, Diddy's was one of the only FS's I didn't have any problem with. Fox's singular Landmaster being one other, and Ganon's and Wario's and Sonic's too.

Everybody just...needs a final smash that actually represents their character and games! I'm just gonna drop my thoughts on potential ones and those we know about below:

Mario: Mega Mushroom? Star Power? Summon Star Spirits? (Paper Mario), there's so much to choose from for Mario, and MARIO FINALE is what you end up with? Sigh.
Lugi: Poltergust (confirmed. god damn right.)
Peach: Honestly, I didn't play Super Princess Peach, but some kind of super heal from RPG, anything from the games would be better than what she had.
Bowser: Clown Car. Bob-ombs. Do it.
Rosalina: Power Star (I like this one)

DK: Like I said, riding Rambi, or Strong Kong from DK64. Please.
Diddy: Rocketbarrel Barrage, and I'm so glad it is. And it needs to stay forever. Bless you and your love for DK64, Sakurai.

Yoshi: The Megadozer egg? That sounds fine to me. Maybe it makes all of his egg toss eggs that huge. Dragon Yoshi technically is from the games, but it felt weird to me. If Cook Kirby can change, this can.

Wario: Warioman is fine, although I'm sure someone more well-versed in the Warioland games could think of something better.

Link: I would've suggested Wolf Link, but since Midna's an AT she probably wouldn't be showing up, defeating the point. I'm down for sword beams or straight up Fierce Deity, in that case. There's many other options, but I like those. Triforce Slash is just...weird and pretty uninspired. Link doesn't even have the other two pieces to the triforce.
Toon Link: See above. He should have Ballad of the Gales, big tornado shows up, faces get wrekt. Etc.
Ganon: Pig Ganon is fine.
Zelda: Light Arrow is fine, actually.
Sheik: Now here's where this gets tricky. Sheik, being a one-shot character is hard to pick; it's obviously going to be different now, but I dunno. Mass stun with nuts + lots of needles seems just as uninspired as triforce slash. I look forward to seeing what they pick.

Marth: Critical Hit is actually one of my favorites in the whole game. Please stay.
Ike: Oh lord. Sword beams were too OP for an actual moveset, but couldn't work as a superpowered FS projectile? Fix your mistake here, Sakurai! Come on! What the hell even was Great Aether? besides, Kirby has a multi-hit sword strike anyway now. Speaking of...

Kirby: Ultra Sword is awesome.
Meta Knight: I dunno, actually. His is kinda weird, but I dunno what I'd change it to. Halberd is a stage, so...hmm...
Dedede: See above. Maybe he could pull out the Star Rod and wreak having with it. Or something.

Fox: Landmaster is fine, for one character.
Falco: Landmasters are not fine for this character in particular. Let him get in an Arwing and shoot things, with the same kind of targeting reticle Snake had. Sounds epic.
Wolf: Wolf Pack/Wolfen Strike whatever the hell you want to call it, the popular idea, sounds great to me. He plants a bomb or whatever, and Star Wolf shows up and shoots people and then the bomb blows up. Bingo.

Samus: Zero Laser is also fine for Samus. Bonus points for not transforming anymore. Honestly hated having to know two characters to play her whenever I had items on.
ZSS: Uhhh...Samus' Starship? I'm not sure what it'll do, but I expect it to be there. Hers is pretty much confirmed to be different, anyway.

Pit: 3ST is like, my new favorite FS ever.
Palutena: Please don't just give her Pit's old FS...Glam Blaster or bust.

Ness; PK Rockin'/Favorite Thing, some kind of heal.
Lucas: PK Love/Favorite Thing, see above. Or he could call in the DCMC. That could be awesome.

Pikachu: Volt Tackle is...ugh... Some kind of thunder attack from the games that's more...focused, please. I'm not picky.
Lucario: Most likely MegaLucario, although not yet verified.
Charizard: See above, but for Charizard
Jigglypuff: Give her Peach's old one, minus the peaches and make the sleepers take more damage. Bam.
Greninja: Night Slash is an amazing choice.

Captain Falcon: It's not like Blue Falcon was a bad choice, but...make it more accurate, please. His FS is one of the most awkward to actually use. That, or a big scary Falcon Punch that hits the stage and causes WATASHI WA SHINEN! SHINENZUUUUUUU! levels of damage. I'd be down with it, since his iconic memetic status is pretty much the only thing people know about him these days. :sadsheep:

Olimar: Since his Brawl FS is apparently an item now, I'm gonna hope this is where Rock Pikmin come into play, or Louie, or any of the bosses from 1/2/3 back for revenge. Oh Titan Dweevil...if only...

G&W: Octopus is...weird, but fine by me. Its actually a nice representation for one of the more well-known G&W games.
ROB: What the ****. One of the worst FS ideas in all of Brawl, but I honestly am not sure what to replace it with. Like...big gyromites? Uh...there's gotta be something.
ICs: It's stupid, but frankly, what else would you give them? There's so little potential from their actual game I think they'll just keep this one.

Villager: His is...interesting. Tom Nook blows up, and he basically took Cook Kirby, as someone said, so it's fine I think.
WFT: I'm not sure how effective it looks, but it's sure flashy. I dig it.
Mac: While Giga Mac wasn't my favorite thing from PO Wii, I'm glad to see it, and it was an obvious choice. Although I would've been down with a Three Star Punch too.

Sanic: It's one of the most iconic things from all the Sonic games. I hope it stays.
Mega Man: Just...holy ****. I love it.

FinalSynthesis

Banned via Warnings
Mario
Peach
Bowser
Donkey Kong
Link
Toon Link
Falco
Wolf
Lucario
Jigglypuff
Ness
Lucas
Ice Climbers
Is that Chihiro I see?

I agree that pretty much any cloned FS (Fox/Falco/Wolf, Link/Toon Link) or any vague, general smash (in my opinion Marth, Meta Knight, ect.) should be changed. I really don't care about the balance of Final Smashes as much as I do how fun they are to use, how entertaining they are to watch, and how iconic/memorable they are. Also, I would rather final smashes in general be too powerful than not powerful enough, as nothing is worse than getting a final smash with no results whatsoever (cough cough Jiggly).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom