• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

what did i miss that everyone is saying this game is 1080p?

aBBYS

Smash Journeyman
I know. I will send a message to Nintendo, asking them to clarify this!

Goten21

Smash Journeyman
Well, I'm pretty sure the gamecube's version will be 1080p
All the screenshots are, and when you go on on saying how the game will be HD, why would you make it 720p when the standard gamecube game already is 720p

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
GameCube titles don't have widescreen support, so you can't really compare it to the Wii U as well as if you used the Wii instead.

Goten21

Smash Journeyman
GameCube titles don't have widescreen support, so you can't really compare it to the Wii U as well as if you used the Wii instead.
Wait, what?
Oh, I meant the wii u of course
I was in a hurry when I wrote that and I use the gamecube as a general term (you know, old habits)

QuickRat

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo made the Direct available in 1080p, too.
That's what I'm talking about. You can take your 720p footage, export it as an up-scaled 1080p video and upload it to YouTube. It's really simple. If you see the image I post the other day in this thread, you'll see it's difficult to say it's 1080p. I'm not a Nintendo hater, nor a Saku-hater. I just say what I see: those images are 1920 x 1080 px photos with abusing both aliasing and jaggies. What does create aliasing and jaggies? Upscaling. So, in my opinion, those images are smaller images that have been edited.

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
That's what I'm talking about. You can take your 720p footage, export it as an up-scaled 1080p video and upload it to YouTube. It's really simple. If you see the image I post the other day in this thread, you'll see it's difficult to say it's 1080p. I'm not a Nintendo hater, nor a Saku-hater. I just say what I see: those images are 1920 x 1080 px photos with abusing both aliasing and jaggies. What does create aliasing and jaggies? Upscaling. So, in my opinion, those images are smaller images that have been edited.
Oh! Well...Huh...

itsaxelol

Smash Ace
quickrat. knowing that. and the fact that sakurai didnt mention it was 1080p during the direct. would you say its all but confirmed to be 720p, then?

skstylez

Smash Journeyman
http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/...meplay-new-characters-courses-items-revealed/

The upside? The game is spectacular, at 1080p, 60FPS. As the first HD Mario Kart, the game looks just stunning. Now, it does take a drop in this department when you come to three or four person multiplayer, dropping to 30FPS and with some graphical downsides, but none of these will affect gameplay.

The game's visuals are beautiful, 1080p and 60fps even in two-player split-screen

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...rio-kart-8-retro-tracks-compared-to-originals
---
That's just one of many websites that state Mario Kart runs in 1080p native.
They said that with other games, such as Monster Hunter 3U and even 3d world was misquoted. Until either Nintendo themselves says it or the game releases we don't know. It could very easily be 1080p upscaled

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
If you want a general term just say handheld.

You don't call a 3DS a gameboy for the same reason you don't call a Wii U a NES. It just isn't one.
so you're saying a Wii U isn't a Entertainment system made by Nintendo? What exactly is it then besides just being a name?

Honestly I can understand why most people don't refer to the DS handhelds as Gameboys, I just don't think the criticism to those who do is warranted. I mean it's a silly thing to care about in the end.

Top Bottom