• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Character Did You Vote For & Why?

That1GuyB4

Smash Rookie
I went with requesting an Advance Wars CO because I would love to see an Advance Wars CO be added as a character.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
No matter how unlikely he is, he definitely won't happen if people don't show that they want him. It's not wasting your vote if that's the character you want the most.

Anyway, I'm still deciding. I want to vote for someone relatively unpopular, that way I can at least make my case without saying what's already been said a thousand times. Luckily I have no shortage of unpopular characters I want to vote for, just trying to figure out which one.
Sakurai didn't put him in after he received lots of support. End of.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I voted for the only logical choice.

:snake:
Kept you waiting, huh?

Last edited:

lukien501

Smash Rookie
I voted for Isaac/Matthew and The Black Knight.

Obviously we need the main character from one of the best games ever. Golden Sun's character system with psynergy and djinn is exactly like smash custom moves. Matthew might have a better chance since Dark Dawn is the more recent one, while Isaac is still superior.

I voted for The Black Knight from FE; Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn. Besides being a total badass, the game clearly needs more villains. Mario has his Bowser, Link has his Ganondorf, Ike needs his Black Knight. I feel his move set would be different since the Black Knight class is no where close to Ike's Lord/Hero class or Marth's and Lucina's Lord class.

Mach5Mike

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mach5Mike
I voted for Isa from Sin & Punishment: Star Successor. Having Saki as an assist trophy is nice and all, but I feel like the Sin & Punishment playable characters, especially Isa, could work as fighters. In terms of movesets, Isa has just about anything you would want in a Smash Bros. character: He has the Cannon Sword (the same blaster/sword hybrid that Saki uses as an assist trophy), a jetpack, hand-to-hand combat experience, and he can even transform into a giant... I'm actually not sure what to call it, but it looks awesome and he destroyed an entire space army and five even larger space creatures single-handedly. Here's some videos to give you an idea of what I'm talking about:

Here's an example of what Isa can do as a human: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ou7mCoP9FHI

And this is what he can do when he transforms: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KNZzxn-Nzs

I wish the ballot could have allowed at least three suggestions, since Isa just barely won my vote with my other choices being Takamaru or Ray-01 from Custom Robo.

Last edited:

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
I voted for Ridley. Shame, he won't get many votes if the mods don't allow the thread to be re-opened.

Mickeyo64

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mickeyo64
I voted for Isaac from Golden Sun and Bomberman from...Bomberman haha I really really hope that these 2 will be considered.

I know Wolf's probably going to get a ton of votes to get back in but do you all really want another "clone." (I put that in quotes because I know he plays differently)

Why not a cool new projectile based character like Bomberman? Or a new swordsman like Isaac that uses the Psynergy like Move in order to edge guard? I like the possibility of completely NEW characters rather than already existing ones. Hope i'm not the only one who feels this way.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Well, here was the second vote I submitted by mistake without reading all the instructions first...

9290637D-767D-4F7A-86DE-B9010B6E37C9.PNG

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Medusa, that's all that needs to be said. Plus, K. Rool is long due for this game.

*raises anti-Hades fan flameshiled*

Teyo

Smash Rookie
Dillon (Dillon's Rolling Western) and Gunvolt (Azure Striker Gunvolt) were my picks. Partially for the cool factor since I love both of their designs :p

Dillon's already an assist trophy but i feel like he'd make a really cool fighter in his own right. Gunvolt moreso. His "tagging" and electric combat from his game could make for a really unique fighter.

And for more eShop exclusive title love and unique characters, there's Mallo from Pushmo :D

Last edited:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
No Idea who I'm going to go for to be honest. I just hope its a unique fighter, and the thing isn't going to be spammed with joke fighters. I mean how could we expect Nintendo to take us seriously if we spammed mediocre suggestions when we are finally being given a say in this sort of thing?

Ivander

Smash Legend
So far, I've done King K. Rool, Isaac and Roy. There are still 2 other computers I have at home that I haven't voted on yet, so I could probably get 2 more votes in. I am going to do Simon Belmont for my 4th vote, but I'm not 100% sure on the 5th vote.

Random4811

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Random4811
3DS FC
3093-7532-1720
Voted for Ice climbers. Honestly without the time constraints of the game coming out, Daddy Sakurai can work around the 3DS's hardware limitations to get them in. They probably still have some half finished data lying around for them anyway

Luxent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luxent
Switch FC
omg, Im barfing @ the taste levels in here.
No thanks to paper mario. Although I do love the idea, to have Mario, Paper Mario, and Dr. Mario all in one game would be so..... stupid. I think the Mario series and Pokemon have enough representatives now, especially with Nintendo whoring out Rosaline and having Bowser Jr randomly making it in. (Although tbh I'd love to see Birdo in the game LOL)

I think all the votes should go to the donkey Kong series. King K Rool or Dixie Kong. Both have relevance and Nostalgia, and are highly desired by the smash community.

Riki or Melia from Xenoblade would be a cute addition too, even though Riki is an assist trophy and Melia is irrelevant.
If I were to really stretch, I'd wanna see Bayonetta in the game, but I highly doubt that would happen.

Ricochet J

Smash Rookie
Impa.

She's in 8 canon Zelda games plus Hyrule Warriors. Give her that big ass sword, some magic attacks and ninja aerials similar to Sheik. Alternate costumes to include her appearance Hyrule Warriors, Skyward Sword & OoT. Zelda didn't get a new rep for this game, which was a little disappointing. Skull Kid would have been super cool also, to advertise MM3D.

Honestly though, almost all the fan favorites would be awesome as Newcomers! Wolf, Roy, Ice Climbers, K. Rool, Isaac, Paper Mario, Toad, Waluigi, Ridley, MEOWTH!

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Toad, due to his all-star status and popularity.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Anyone else would vote for Mona from Wariorware?
Don't think she's popular enough to win tho.. so I'm votin for Krystal, cuz I like foxy characters :)

Bearbuddy4

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bearbuddy3
I am happy that mewtwo is finally in. I am a true 90's kid mewtwo fan! I don't care if he's bottom tier, i actually hope he's low mid so that I wont meet him in every forglory match.

Oh and I voted Skull kid, but I would also like rayman and Isaac. But shovel knight looks cool too.

Last edited:

ChaosSoul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ChaosSoul
3DS FC
2148-8364-1572
Kotaku is already trying to rally their members to get goku in the game we must stop them

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
I just placed a vote for Chibi Robo. Perhaps he is relevant and interesting enough to earn a spot. One can dream, right?

chainmaillekid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CHAINMAILLEKID
3DS FC
1805-2525-8280
Surprised there's not more support for Ravio.

Every zelda character so far has been hugely influenced by 3D zelda titles, Ravio would be great representation for 2D zelda, and without the redundancy of another link.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Paper Mario is the one you all should be voting for.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I voted Micaiah even though I know it won't happen, just putting the idea of a full mage character out there. (Robin uses a sword so doesn't count).

Anyway, Ice Climbers, Snake, Wolf, King K Rool, and Isaac will all get mega votes.

Raijinken

Smash Master
Cecil Harvey. If they're willing to get more third-party characters, then there's hardly a series more wanting for (and deserving of) the representation than Final Fantasy. Plus, unlike other characters that I'd love to see (Black Shadow, Roy, Wolf, Isaac, Sylux, and Jeff to name a few), I feel like third parties won't be receiving many votes (relatively speaking).

Last edited:

Acadian Flycatcher

Smash Journeyman
The Climbers....

"The Ice Climbers never shy away from a steep mountain to climb. 3DS limitations is a summit that can be conquered. They have already planted their flag at the tops of the hearts of all Smash Bros. fans. Please let the dynamic duo lace up their spike shoes and dawn their mallets for one last climb."

Last edited:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Voted for K. Rool. If he gets in I don't even care who else does.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
I will vote for Ridley from every computer at my university. I'll sprinkle in some K Rool, Imajn, and Viewtiful Joe too.

YoYoFantaFanta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yoyofantafanta
3DS FC
4914-3889-8963
I voted for Squirtle, Ivysaur, Dr. Eggman, Tails, and Shadow. People don't seem to miss Squirtle and Ivysaur as much as all the other cut characters, when Squirtle is the only one I really enjoy playing as. Ivysaur was voted because I don't utterly hate him and it would be weird to have two of the Trainer's pokemon but not the last one. The other thethree are because I'm a Sonic fanboy. Eggman and Tails could both be unique and are important characters from the series, while Shadow is a personal favorite of mine, could be as different from Sonic as Luigi and Mario or Fox and Wolf, and he could be pretty fun.

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
I really just voted for King K. Rool. He's really the only other choice I see. Young link and Roy are just **** clones and we already have Lucina and Toon Link. Pichu is just stupid. Other than that I might do a Shovel Knight...but Nintendo said "Nintendo Characters".

Pixel_

Smash Ace
I voted Bill Rizer from Contra.
(partly because I felt like Snake wasn't coming back)

Sakurai said he wanted to avoid putting guns in smash
oh, oops

I'm still wondering if Contra is third party, though, because that'd probably help my vote a little.

Does anyone want to make a poll or add all the votes into the OP?

Top Bottom