• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Character Did You Vote For & Why?

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
My vote is going to Paper Mario. I would love to see him as his own character and I just love the series, he could be so interesting!

I almost voted for the Inklings, but I know they're gonna do so well that they might be added regardless of the vote

JBRPG

Smash Journeyman
I voted for Rayman because I want the first western 3rd party character to be a fighter before having to wait for Smash Bros 5. Rayman and buddies also appeared as trophies.

pershona

Smash Journeyman
Snake, he's easily one of the most unique characters and one of the more deserving ones

Last edited:

Neil.

Smash Rookie
Shadow The HedgeHog

Reason: He's been disrespected for too long

M-Z

Smash Rookie
Wolf, he was the best 'clone' and was really fun to play. Also he looks badass. :wolf:

dahuterschuter

Smash Journeyman
Haven't voted yet, gonna wait for the first giant wave of submissions to die off then submit.

KING K ROOL ALL DAY BABY

Already have my 500 word persuasive essay written up.

Kinglypuff

Smash Cadet
Dixie Kong. I just want to play her so bad.

Edit : OR IMPA. I want Impa. Gosh this is haaard.

Last edited:

Alpha Kong

Smash Rookie
NNID
AlphaKong
I absolutely 100% agree with King K. Rool, but we also need Shovel Knight, Geno, and many others. But I feel prioritizing Geno and either King K. Rool/Cranky Kong/Dixie Kong is important.

Khao

Smash Lord
Isaac.

Been hoping for that guy since pre-Brawl times.

Seriously, his moveset potential is practically infinite.

Plus, now that we got a "Robin" in the game, this game will finally have as much international confusion as Street Fighter, which would be nothing but awesome.

Last edited:

Dissent

Bananaman Formerly Known As Sails
NNID
dotDissent
Shaquille O'Neal

Just kidding, Rayman. I want to see something new and interesting, not a character that has been done before.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Groose. Tingle totally stole his thunder in Hyrule Warriors, so he deserves this more than anyone else. If it worked for Palutena and Duck Hunt, then they could totally do something with Groose.
Yeah, I am pretty much grasping at straws here, but once your original main is finally invited back into the series after 13 years, what more can a guy really ask for?
I'm also in support of Dixie/K. Rool, though. DK definitely deserves more representation after the revival of DKC.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 269706

I'm stuck between Chrom, Wolf, or Snake. As much as I'd love some old veterans to come back, I would love to see a new fighter introduced as DLC.

Haven't voted yet, gonna wait for the first giant wave of submissions to die off then submit.

KING K ROOL ALL DAY BABY

Already have my 500 word persuasive essay written up.
Hate to rain on your parade, but it's 500 characters, not words.

muleet

Smash Apprentice
I voted for Rance. A very smash-like character. He could have a lots of secrets dialogues with other characters (especially females).

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
I'm actually gonna vote for Inklings on my computer, since I made my vote on my laptop! :)

I was originally going to vote for Crash Bandicoot, but I know he wouldn't make it </3

Last edited:

UnownLegend

Smash Apprentice
NNID
UnownLegend
voted both wolf and inkling. far and away my most wanted characters at this point, well besides Snake, but lets be honest here...

Nargacuga

Smash Rookie
NNID
WiseHorror
3DS FC
4811-7984-6827
Hyrule Warriors Zelda, with the Rapier. She so badass

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I practically threw my vote away: I voted for Ridley. I know it ain't happening, but I'm gonna vouch for Ridley even past the bitter end, I don't really care about any additional characters other than him, I already got every character I wanted in the game back in Brawl other than my absolute favorite Nintendo character, so yeah.

As far as a realistic candidate goes I hope K. Rool absolutely floods this poll, he's the only other potential character I give half a poop about, but I'm going to leave that to the people who are actually passionate about him, I wouldn't be able to give a reason other than "he's cool yo."

Last edited:

Smash Bro

Smash Journeyman
I immediately voted for my major, one-and-only true request, Blaziken.

Blaziken has been among one of the most popular Pokemon for years now, and his relevance has been brought even closer to the surface thanks to the 3rd Gen remakes and his special, limited availability in Pokemon X and Y. He was also one of the first Pokemon to have revealed Mega Evolution, along with...oh, what's that? Lucario and Mewtwo? Huh, what a strange coincidence...

Obviously I don't want another Captain Falcon clone; I feel that Blaziken could have a cool (er, hot?), unique, taekwondo-style moveset. I get that people probably don't want to "waste" votes on another Pokemon, but Blaziken is among the few Pokemon left that would make both an interesting fighter and a legitimately good representative. Blaziken, Mewtwo, Lucario, Charizard and Pikachu are probably the top reps out there.

Last edited:

Jucchan

Smash Journeyman
Paper Mario. Really hope it will at least get him in Smash 5 if he doesn't win.

IvyDivyHorkyDorky

Smash Rookie
Sakurai said he wanted to avoid putting guns in smash, Inkling would make so much sense from a business and fan perspective, she/he is perfect! They are always looking for new gameplay styles.

Last edited:

cFive

Smash Apprentice
Midna (from Zelda: Twilight Princess) would be awesome!

But since i'm pretty sure they wont add another zelda character, i'll be going with Rayman!

Last edited:

A-9

Smash Rookie
NNID
DoctorBored
Isaac. I can only hope now.
At least make him an assist trophy again.
pls

Linkdude74

Smash Cadet
I asked for Ice Climbers, which might be my vote gone, but with the New 3DS, they could totally pull it off.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I voted for Chrom because I have no shame and anything can change.

...And boy did I use those 500 characters well...

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Ice climbers, since they do provide an unique gameplayexperience thats still not available in smash 4 (lunar landing doesnt really count).

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I had to vote Ridley. With Mewtwo in, it's a hard choice between K.Rool, Ridley, and Wolf. IYeah, I know he's a stage hazard, but I just want to see Ridley playable so bad.

But that Mewtwo trailer was AMAZING!!!!!! And that Smash - that was GREAT!!! ALL of my Mewtwo hype has returned. And I love he still levitates items too

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
I voted for Roy because I'm playing through the GBA Fire Emblem games and loving it. Also because I liked Roy in Melee.

Last edited:

SmashBroPlusB

Smash Cadet
NNID
smashbroplusb
3DS FC
3136-6824-7861
Character: Nana and Popo
Appears in: Ice Climber (NES)

Despite having a single game to their name, the Ice Climbers feel like a part of the Smash Bros. family. In Brawl's campaign mode, they were even given more of a personality, a distinct feel to their characters. Supposedly the Ice Climbers were cut from Smash 4 due to the 3DS not being able to handle them; this is why my vote goes to "Nana and Popo" instead of "Ice Climbers". Some of their moves would have to be changed or reworked, but playing as a single Ice Climber (Nana and Popo being skins in a similar fashion to Olimar, Villager, and Wii Fit Trainer) shouldn't pose any technical issues.

filled up the character limit with this one

Dragon lord

Lord of all Dragons

cus he's a big guy 4 u
sorry
not sorry

I voted Ridley

.....for some old friends

muddykips

Smash Apprentice
NNID
skippykips