• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are your unpopular gaming opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jellydino

Smash Cadet
Given that the game currently holds an 88/100 for critics and a 9.1/10 for users on meta critic I'm going to say that the people complaining that it's not "competitive" are a vocal minority.
Games can still get good scores and still be disliked. E.G: Dark Souls 2, RSE, CoD, LoL, Last of Us and Skyrim.

The point that you just brought up is kinda moot, especially considering that again, this isn't the first time that a game has done well but the community liked the predecessor over it (Melee vs Brawl, while Brawl scored pretty well for itself and even won awards) besides just liking a different game in the same genre (BoI vs Nuclear Throne is a common thing, likewise everyone knows CoD vs Battlefield)

Minato

穏やかじゃない
1) Musou/Dynasty Warriors games like Hyrule Warriors are painfully boring to play for me. Strips out the soul of what made beat'em ups fun in 2D sidescrolling ones. Musou games get really repetitive and stale for me. You get to look cool for a bit doing combos, but you can easily get sick of seeing them again and again.

2) Smash community limiting too many stages for games. Yes, we do want stages that are fair, but going too far can water down what makes the game unique.

3) Smash 4 online is bad. For console fighters, only good ones are the rollback ones.

4) Mutsumi Inomata > Kousuke Fujishima in terms of Tales of character designs. I love Fujishima because of Ah My Goddess, but he doesn't win in the character design department in Tales.

5) Press Turn > One More. Persona's One More system is inferior and is just a dumbed down version of Press Turn.

6) Persona battle system as a whole isn't too great. The best part of the game are fusing which is taken from past games. Anything new they introduced in 3 and 4 isn't too exciting.

7) Twilight Princess' Zelda is the worst Zelda disregarding design. There's a lot of other better princesses.

8) Considering how much emphasis Skyward Sword puts on story, it's probably my least favorite Zelda story along with Twilight Princess. OoT helped establish the lore in cutscenes finally, Majora's Mask's NPC/world building unrivals any other Zelda, Wind Waker was pretty solid and paced, while Link's Awakening had one of the best Zelda endings. TP and SS had its moments, but very few for me.

9) Mega Man ZX has the best X-styled gameplay of the franchise.

10) Mega Man Zero had the worst stages when comparing series. A lot of them were unforgettable.

11) REmake > RE4. I do like RE4 though and it was needed for the series.

12) Kirby's Adventure > Super Star. I love Super Star to bits, but the stages in Adventure just has me putting it slightly above.

finalark

SNORLAX
Games can still get good scores and still be disliked. E.G: Dark Souls 2, RSE, CoD, LoL, Last of Us and Skyrim.

The point that you just brought up is kinda moot, especially considering that again, this isn't the first time that a game has done well but the community liked the predecessor over it (Melee vs Brawl, while Brawl scored pretty well for itself and even won awards) besides just liking a different game in the same genre (BoI vs Nuclear Throne is a common thing, likewise everyone knows CoD vs Battlefield)
I think this is more of a polarizing thing, where neither disliking or liking is game is really an "unpopular opinion" because both are extremely common. I can't really speak for Dark Souls or CoD since I'm not really a fan of either series and I'm not sure what's considered "good" within those fanbases. However, I can speak for a few others.

For example, RSE was very widely disliked upon release but has built up quite a following over the years (the fact that the game is old enough that a lot of people in their early 20s grew up on it helps), so these days it's pretty fifty/fifty on if any given individual likes the game or not. Your feeling towards it tend to be based on how attached you are to gen 1 and 2, I've noticed.

Given that LoL is the single most popular and widely played game on PC right now I really don't feel like you can call it "disliked." Granted, MOBAs really aren't my thing but I imagine there's a lot of hype backlash against the game among fans of MOBAs in general.

The Last of Us is an interesting case. Despite the fact that it got glowing reviews I don't think I've ever met a single individual who was extremely enthusiastic about the game. Even so, I don't think it's really fair to call it "disliked" since most people seem to like the game well enough even if they're not losing their **** over it.

Again, I really wouldn't call Skyrim disliked given how much of a freaking phenomenon it was when it came out. Yeah, eventually some people got really sick of hearing about it and starting pick it at it's flaws with varying levels of elitism, but this always happens whenever something incredibly popular comes out. On the off hand, there's still a significant portion of the ES fanbase who is convinced that the series peaked at Morrowind and nothing better will ever come out, so there's that to consider.

Brawl and MK8 were both pretty well received by the gaming community at large, but had mixed reactions among their fans. So I guess it comes down to if you consider an unpopular opinion something unpopular among a fanbase or among the larger gaming community.

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
1) Musou/Dynasty Warriors games like Hyrule Warriors are painfully boring to play for me. Strips out the soul of what made beat'em ups fun in 2D sidescrolling ones. Musou games get really repetitive and stale for me. You get to look cool for a bit doing combos, but you can easily get sick of seeing them again and again.

2) Smash community limiting too many stages for games. Yes, we do want stages that are fair, but going too far can water down what makes the game unique.

3) Smash 4 online is bad. For console fighters, only good ones are the rollback ones.

4) Mutsumi Inomata > Kousuke Fujishima in terms of Tales of character designs. I love Fujishima because of Ah My Goddess, but he doesn't win in the character design department in Tales.

5) Press Turn > One More. Persona's One More system is inferior and is just a dumbed down version of Press Turn.

6) Persona battle system as a whole isn't too great. The best part of the game are fusing which is taken from past games. Anything new they introduced in 3 and 4 isn't too exciting.

7) Twilight Princess' Zelda is the worst Zelda disregarding design. There's a lot of other better princesses.

8) Considering how much emphasis Skyward Sword puts on story, it's probably my least favorite Zelda story along with Twilight Princess. OoT helped establish the lore in cutscenes finally, Majora's Mask's NPC/world building unrivals any other Zelda, Wind Waker was pretty solid and paced, while Link's Awakening had one of the best Zelda endings. TP and SS had its moments, but very few for me.

10) Mega Man Zero had the worst stages when comparing series. A lot of them were unforgettable.

12) Kirby's Adventure > Super Star. I love Super Star to bits, but the stages in Adventure just has me putting it slightly above.
I still yet to play Twilight Princess TBH. My friend say it's best game he ever played. I have played a little bit of it and i think so far i think it's good and promising. I diden't have a numchuck to i had to borrow my friends numchuck! :linkmelee:

Last edited:

finalark

SNORLAX
I still yet to play Twilight Princess TBH. My friend say it's best game he ever played.
For me, TP was where franchise fatigue for LoZ really set in for various reasons. If you've never played a LoZ game before you might dig it, but if you've been playing the series for a while TP comes off as really stale. It's one of the few LoZ games where I could never bring myself to finish it on a second play through because of how boring it gets.

Try it, but do so with caution.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I still yet to play Twilight Princess TBH. My friend say it's best game he ever played. I have played a little bit of it and i think so far i think it's good and promising. I diden't have a numchuck to i had to borrow my friends numchuck! :linkmelee:
Zelda games are like FF, so opinions will be everywhere. To list it off

I didn't enjoy the wolf segments. Just slowed the pace down for me. Beginning is unfortunately rough for TP. For 3D Zeldas, OoT was the fastest to get to the first dungeon while WW was just as fast on getting to the first fight. MM cleverly hid tutorials, imo, into the story. SS had the flying tutorial and a lot of cutscenes.

Like finalark said, it's when series fatigue hit me. I do like OoT, but probably for different reasons than other people. You can either be in the camp where TP is better because it does everything OoT does but "better", or in the camp where it's more of the same. I was in the latter. For sure, I do love TP's dungeons. Some of the best dungeons in the series (while SS had the other good ones). I didn't care for the art style, pacing, unforgettable NPCs, and the large empty world map.

It's a good game though. And it depends on what you value most in a Zelda game. TP and SS may be my least favorite, but they have my favorite dungeons. It's just that dungeons isn't everything to me in a Zelda game.

Atrabilious

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Atrabilious
Most of the charm in Twilight Princess, for me, came from Midna. I'd argue she's probably the highlight of an otherwise okay game, and to be honest I wish they'd take another crack at creating a companion like her. Other than... I like the aesthetics of the game in certain places and regarding certain enemies, but other than that it's fairly drab. Zant was also pretty cool, I liked the blend of regal composure and bizarre madness, he was more interesting than Ganondorf IMO. Shame he was basically just relegated to elite mook status after you ran into him, I feel like the game would've been better for it if Zant had been the main villain.

I haven't played Skyward Sword admittedly so I don't know what Fi was like as a character/companion but I've never heard good things about her. Or the game in general, really. So I don't know how she stacks up next to Midna.

And since we're on the subject of Zelda, I'm just gonna throw this one out there. LoZ: ALBW is painfully mediocre and the 2D drawing on the wall mechanic is just totally underwhelming. Like, it's okay, I'm not bored when playing it, but there's absolutely nothing about it that makes me go 'wow'. The drawing aspect just wasn't very well used, I found that you very rarely ever had to think about what you were doing with it. Can't bypass a puzzle/obstacle? Slap yourself onto the wall and follow the perimeter until you find the inevitable solution. There are brief moments where it's used well, I thought that particular boss where you had to apply yourself to his shield to be a nice use of it but the fight doesn't really evolve after you figure that out and just becomes another easy rinse-and-repeat job.

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
Zelda games are like FF, so opinions will be everywhere. To list it off

I didn't enjoy the wolf segments. Just slowed the pace down for me. Beginning is unfortunately rough for TP. For 3D Zeldas, OoT was the fastest to get to the first dungeon while WW was just as fast on getting to the first fight. MM cleverly hid tutorials, imo, into the story. SS had the flying tutorial and a lot of cutscenes.

Like finalark said, it's when series fatigue hit me. I do like OoT, but probably for different reasons than other people. You can either be in the camp where TP is better because it does everything OoT does but "better", or in the camp where it's more of the same. I was in the latter. For sure, I do love TP's dungeons. Some of the best dungeons in the series (while SS had the other good ones). I didn't care for the art style, pacing, unforgettable NPCs, and the large empty world map.

It's a good game though. And it depends on what you value most in a Zelda game. TP and SS may be my least favorite, but they have my favorite dungeons. It's just that dungeons isn't everything to me in a Zelda game.
Well as of right now the Zelda i want to play the most is Majora's Mask which i have both on 3DS and N64 VC but i am honetly never in the mood to play it lol!

Last edited:

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Fi is the worst companion out of the series for sure.

Navi - not bad. Contrary to the internet, she doesn't really speak to teach you stuff once you hit Adult Link. Even then, most of what she tells you is optional anyway. She would teach you how to play the game if you asked, but most other Zelda's it's mandatory.

Tatl - Forgettable, which actually isn't too bad of a thing either.

King of Red Lions - He was cool and wasn't obtrusive. Him and Midna were my favorites.

Midna - ^

Fi - Most boring companion and will always appear. I already know I'm running low on hearts or low on battery. The constant flashing and beeping is enough to let me know that, especially when I'm 20 hours into the game.

I heard Spirit Tracks Zelda was good too. She was a stuck up princess that was your companion.
Well as of right now the Zelda i want to play the most is Majora's Mask which i have both on 3DS and N64 VC but i am honetly never in the mood to play it lol!
It's good. I suggest the 3DS version. Only thing worse is some of the boss battles, but still a good game. Just make sure to get every mask in the game if you want to truly experience the game. The dungeons aren't too great, but characters and story remain the best in the series.

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
Given that the game currently holds an 88/100 for critics and a 9.1/10 for users on meta critic I'm going to say that the people complaining that it's not "competitive" are a vocal minority.
Also, jeez, who plays Mario Kart for balance? You may as well be in Vegas complaining that all the games are broken.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
- The few times I've played it up to now, I absolutely enjoy Pyrosphere Ridley as a boss
- Metroid Prime Hunters is a great game
- Oblivion > Skyrim
- Peace Walker > MGS3/4
- Street Fighter is boring compared to other fighting games of its style
- Mario Kart DS > every other Mario Kart
- EA hate is overrated
- FNAF was never scary and the designs just get stupider and sillier
- PSASBR is okay if you ignore the design flaws
- Games that try way too hard to make you cry are more laugh worthy than sad to me
- Nintendo > Sony/Microsoft

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)

HW is all about stage control and capturing keeps, though. The combat is a means to an end, like the fighting in Starcraft.

Also, jeez, who plays Mario Kart for balance? You may as well be in Vegas complaining that all the games are broken.
You realise smash had to deal with logic like this for a long time too, right? :p

Last edited:

finalark

SNORLAX
- Oblivion > Skyrim
- EA hate is overrated
- FNAF was never scary and the designs just get stupider and sillier
These three points points I agree with. Admittedly, my love for ES4 comes completely from nostalgia, because with no nostalgia goggles on it's pretty clear that the game really isn't holding up that well. I still enjoy playing it more than ES5, though.

EA hate is hilarious to me. People act like EA is some big cartoony super villain that's out to "destroy" video games. Usually they'll cite the way they handle DLC (which I've seen handled way worse by other companies), the way they force studios to make "more profitable" changes to their games (every company does this) and the way they acquire studios and then shut them down (most of the time the studios in question made two good games in their entire career and that's it).

I actually like FNAF. No, I don't think they're scary but after playing horror games heavily during my teenage years I don't scare easily anymore. I still think that they're really fun little games, but yeah, the designs are getting really goofy now. Especially the animatatronics in FNAF4.

You realise smash had to deal with logic like this for a long time too, right? :p
In Smash you can turn off items to leave it up to the stage, the characters and the player's skill.

Mario Kart isn't so fortunate. But hey, what do I know?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
HW is all about stage control and capturing keeps, though. The combat is a means to an end, like the fighting in Starcraft.
That's true too. Game's just not for me though. Maybe eventually the Musou franchise will click to me in the future.
I'll give it another go eventually with an open mind.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
^
Resident Evil 4's a great game, but REmake is a work of art.
Super Bunnyhop has a video on everything it does right, if you care enough and haven't seen it you should check it out.

The Last of Us is an interesting case. Despite the fact that it got glowing reviews I don't think I've ever met a single individual who was extremely enthusiastic about the game. Even so, I don't think it's really fair to call it "disliked" since most people seem to like the game well enough even if they're not losing their **** over it.
I will be that individual. The Last of Us is one of my favorite games of all time.
Unless you mean people you've met irl, in which case I care about The Last of Us enough to make an appointment with you in person to tell you how much I LOVE The Last of Us.

Last edited:

finalark

SNORLAX
The REmake is fantastic and it's a real shame that it's overshadowed by RE4 for a lot of people. At least now that it's been released digitally more people will be able to try it.

I will be that individual. The Last of Us is one of my favorite games of all time.
Unless you mean people you've met irl, in which case I care about The Last of Us enough to make an appointment with you in person to tell you how much I LOVE The Last of Us.
Feel free to lose your **** either by quoting my post or PMing me. Seriously, every review I've ever read about the game and every person I've ever talked to about it always tells me that it's really good in a very non-specific sort of way.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
The REmake is fantastic and it's a real shame that it's overshadowed by RE4 for a lot of people. At least now that it's been released digitally more people will be able to try it.
I love that Capcom moved away from the classic Resident Evil formula because of poor sales, but then when REmake was re-released digitally rather than on the GameCube...it had the best day one digital game sales they'd ever seen.
Maybe it's less that horror games don't sell and more that they don't sell to the same demographics as Mario and Zelda...
Actually, it probably has more to do with the resurgence of horror games thanks to indies.
Feel free to lose your **** either by quoting my post or PMing me. Seriously, every review I've ever read about the game and every person I've ever talked to about it always tells me that it's really good in a very non-specific sort of way.
I won't lose my ****. I'll be very calm.
Regardless I'd rather do it in PM.

Last edited:

finalark

SNORLAX
I love that Capcom moved away from the classic Resident Evil formula because of poor sales, but then when REmake was re-released digitally rather than on the GameCube...it had the best day one digital game sales they'd ever seen.
Maybe it's less that horror games don't sell and more that they don't sell to the same demographics as Mario and Zelda...
Actually, it probably has more to do with the resurgence of horror games thanks to indies.
I'd like to imagine it has to do with the REmake being GCN exclusive, the Let's Player boom putting the spotlight on horror games and the fact that the RE series had really started stagnating for most people at that point. Rebranding a small spin-off as the "true" third installment while the actual third game was played up as nothing more than a small spin-off probably didn't help much.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Admittedly, my love for ES4 comes completely from nostalgia, because with no nostalgia goggles on it's pretty clear that the game really isn't holding up that well. I still enjoy playing it more than ES5, though.
On a silliness and nostalgia level I do prefer Oblivion.

Those were the days, making permanent armor effects, stupidly broken characters vulnerable only to arrows and spells that screamed destruction.

It's just not the same in Skyrim.

Malkasaur

Smash Journeyman
I got a few:
1. Shovel Knight is extremely overrated. It's okay at best.
2. Twilight Princess is a bad game. It's ugly, it has a forgettable story, and it's just boring. The wolf parts were terrible. I got headaches playing it. Also, THE OPENING IS SO GOD DAMN LONG AND BORING AND THAT ***** ILIA IS THE WORST THING EVER. Her quest takes so long and is so uninteresting. Sure, it gives you a great reward, the horse call... near the end of the game.
3. Every Sonic game sucks.
There are probably a few more but I can't think of them off the top of my head.

finalark

SNORLAX
Some more misc. opinions:

- I really, really couldn't get into Mother 3 and I find myself having a hard time revisiting Earthbound because of how basic it is.

- For me, FFVI doesn't get all that exciting until the world of ruin. Given that you don't get there until you're half way through the game this makes replaying it kind of a chore for me.

- I've played more licensed games that I've liked than I thought were total garbage.

- The early Mortal Kombat games don't hold up very well and come off as really gimmicky, simplified SFII clones these days.

- My favorite game in the Marvel Vs. Capcom series is the first one

- Custom characters ruined Soul Calibur

Twewy

Smash Lord
Wait, so are they unforgettable because they're that bad to you or was that a typo?

Though I agree, the stages don't stand out that much. Remember that one with the train?..Jokes on you, they all had a train.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Wait, so are they unforgettable because they're that bad to you or was that a typo?

Though I agree, the stages don't stand out that much. Remember that one with the train?..Jokes on you, they all had a train.

Minato

穏やかじゃない

I love the MMZ series so much, but sadly I think the stages excelled more in the cool factor (especially the boss fights) instead of solid stage design. While MMZ is solid in its own right, I didn't find them as memorable as the other series. I've 100 point everything in MMZ3 (besides the final stage) but I don't think I'd choose to replay these stages over the other X type games. The gameplay certainly makes up for it though.

I'm going to do another playthrough since it's been awhile. I remember liking MMZX's stages a lot for some odd reason. I feel like Inti-Creates got more comfortable on making them (besides some weird Biometal sections in Advent).

But yeah, I wouldn't say they're flat out bad. Just my least favorite compared to the other series.

Last edited:

MonadoMaster64

Smash Cadet
- I like most of the Sonic games ex. SatBK
-Brawl>Melee
-The Last of Us is average at best
- BW/2 are the best pokemon games to date

Crimda

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-1246-4922-0905
Some of my stronger opinions...

1. Nintendo needs to stop making consoles. They should shift their focus to game development and creating new IPs. They have some amazing talent when it comes to creating games but they've been off the mark with hardware and attaining third party support for their hardware since Gamecube. PS: Sentiment not applicable to handhelds

2. Chrono Cross is good, really good. It's confusing at times but really good. If comparing apples to oranges is legal, I'd say it's better than Chrono Trigger. Once everything is tied together the plot is written better and the main cast is more developed.

3. Skyrim isn't a decent game. We're in modern times and Bethesda still can't get animations right, it's clunky as all hell. The story is very underwhelming and exploration isn't as deep as it might appear. There is massive traversable world and it's so barren, there's not enough content when you go out exploring. Mods are the only reason it can be half way decent but if all you've got are some UI tweaks and texture replacements, you've bought the visual equivalent of half a chapter of some Game of Thrones book, without the action.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Here's a massively unpopular one.

I'm actually excited for Federation Force.

That one game revealed at E3 that people reviled and are begging to be cancelled.

*flame shield*

D

Deleted member

• I'd prefer Simon Belmont over the return of Snake as a Konami representative in Smash 4, though I'd be content with either or both.
  • Questionable choices for third party characters aside, I liked the character roster in PlayStation All-Stars.
  • I liked Raiden as a character in MGS2.
I might post more opinions later, but those are all that come to mind at the moment.

Nintendo needs to stop making consoles.
I'm not sure if that's actually an unpopular opinion. Sometimes I feel like I'm one of few people who would hate to see any of the big 3 leave the home console market since it would most certainly cause more bad than good. I'd rather have more competition in the industry, even if it seems like Nintendo is in their own bubble.

Last edited by a moderator:

belmontzar

Smash Apprentice
I rather like and enjoy quirky party games. Games that tend to get really bad reviews like Sonci Shuffle, Seaman, and Whacked! tend to be some of my faves. I guess im an unusual case in gaming since i enjoy pretty much anything. Hell I still put in MANY house on Intellivisiion Lives on my 3ds. [its a DS game and ya still cant beat ASTROSMASH!!]

I like both Major big grand epic games and little mini games.
I am happy to see Nintendo and multiple game companies put more focus into Mobile gaming.
I happilly enjoy Mobile, hand held, console and PC gaming and seem tehm all as equal to eachother. In fact Im one of the seemingly few people who wants SHORTER games on portable platforms and thinks Big games shoudl stay on BIG machines. [Mobiel and portable games should be just that portable. I dont want to Lose progress cause of half an hour cutscenes, Long stretches of boss fights, or being unable to find a save point. I love RPg games, I really do.. but they do not make for good 'pick up and play' which is what PORTABLE games should be. Least Pokemon works due to being able to Save almost any time you want.]

Crimda

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-1246-4922-0905
<snip>
I'm not sure if that's actually an unpopular opinion. Sometimes I feel like I'm one of few people who would hate to see any of the big 3 leave the home console market since it would most certainly cause more bad than good. I'd rather have more competition in the industry, even if it seems like Nintendo is in their own bubble.
Competition is absolutely critical but the thought stems from actually promoting competition but it's too naive to be a reality I guess. My thought process is that all consoles (PC included) should be using the same API and similar operating systems (be it Windows or some distro of linux, I don't care for that detail) and similar architecture, none of that proprietary hardware stuff. Exclusivity is not a good thing, games ideally should be on multiple platforms or at least have the ability to be easily ported from platform to platform. The more available the game is, the more options we consumers have. This problem isn't limited to just Nintendo's trove of exclusives off course, this goes for every one of them. Nintendo in particular has been making shoddy systems and it's a pain for developers too.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
I actually like playing CoD.... with everyone muted of course. Zombies is fun but not online as my "allies" are useless and make the one good player (Me) spend all my money to open doors because they refuse to.

And Shadow the hedgehog was one of my favorite games once. Sonic Adventure 2 was the only "Sonic" game I enjoyed more. And really only for Chao Garden.

Last edited:

finalark

SNORLAX
1. Nintendo needs to stop making consoles. They should shift their focus to game development and creating new IPs. They have some amazing talent when it comes to creating games but they've been off the mark with hardware and attaining third party support for their hardware since Nintendo 64. PS: Sentiment not applicable to handhelds
Made a slight factual correction to that statement.

Anyway, I don't think Nintendo should go third party for one reason: It would hurt the console scene. Hard. If Nintendo stops making consoles then all you have left are Xbox and PlayStation, two consoles that are very similar to each other. Hell, even if you make the jump to PC it's not like the big-name titles are going to be any different.

Nintendo is a balance between PS and Xbox, the only place where they're not afraid to do things how they want. Sure, they make mistakes, not as many as people think, but mistakes none the less. Having that third, very different console on the market keeps things fresh and unique and helps keep things from stagnating. If Nintendo was to quit consoles then they wouldn't be able to make their games they way they want to anymore, things would be loss, even more franchises would disappear into the annals of gaming history and, worse case scenario, quality control plummets.

Besides, if there's no more Nintendo and the home gaming scene turns into PS-Xbox-PC then you have a bunch of extremely similar platforms all competing for the same exact audience. Last that happened there was a market crash and it took the NES to fix things. Although really, this can be blamed on the death of the exclusive as consoles lose their image and everything eventually melts together into the same box with a different logo on it.

I had only meant to point out that Nintendo's third party woes began with the N64, not the GCN and it turned into this. Huh.

D

Deleted member

Wind Waker > Ocarina of Time.

Mega Man 7 > Mega Man 2

Ivysaur > All

I like Sonic 06

Last edited by a moderator:

カワシさん

1. Olimar is a good character in Smash (not sure if this counts, but still)
2. Brawl = Smash 4 (as good)
3. Minecraft and FNAF are two of the most overrated games in history (I enjoy Minecraft from time to time but FNAF... just no...)
4. FNAF is not scary in any way

NOTE: Starting any flame is not intended, these are truly opinions of mine.

D

Deleted member

Here's a massively unpopular one.

I'm actually excited for Federation Force.

That one game revealed at E3 that people reviled and are begging to be cancelled.

*flame shield*
I look forward to it as well. I have no idea why many people hate it when they haven't even tried it out yet. They might like it. Who knows?
(That's my unpopular opinion for now, no flaming please).

Soup's On!

Smash Cadet
The upcoming FF7 remake is a bad idea and is going to please absolutely nobody, either because of shattering nostalgia glasses, upsetting purists by adding extended-universe stuff or changing anything at all, or the inevitable ad campaign annoying everybody else.

I really hope the next Smash game dials things back a bit, since both Brawl and Smash 4 give a feeling of "trying too hard" to be The Ultimate Nintendo Video Game Fanservice Party.

Shadow the Hedgehog is my guilty pleasure game and one I will defend as okay and at least kind of fun. Not great, but it's okay.

Harvest Moon and Rune Factory would be a whole lot better games without all the relationship and dating sim elements. Actually, Rune Factory in general was a bit mis-executed, I'd like it so much more with less storyline, more Action Farmer Dungeon Adventures.

Iceweasel

Smash Ace
First-person shooters are boring because haven't evolved in a meaningful way since they were introduced. Somewhere along the way, you had to aim on the Y-axis, but aside from that almost every FPS has basically been a mission/weapon pack for the first one.

MOBAs are a silly idea. They seem to be trying to appeal to MMORPG players that don't like MMORPGs.

Final Fantasy 7 is not that good a game. Even if you judge it by the standards of other games released near or before its time, it didn't really do anything new, nor anything but the music well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom