• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are your unpopular gaming opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

finalark

SNORLAX
I hear you. I bought the HD Collection years ago and only added seven more playthroughs to my MGS3 list. The bomb spraying made me lose inte-DID YOU SAY NERD
No joke, the bomb defusing is the exact part I get bored at every single time.

No joke, the bomb defusing is the exact part I get bored at every single time.
I also took a hiatus after the bomb defusing part.

Then after I picked it up again, I played it all the way through to the end in a couple sittings. The last hour of MGS2 pretty much redeems any gripes I had with the rest of it. What a beautiful, stupid, crazy fever dream.

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
Unpopular gaming opinions... Hmm...

1. The Souls games aren't good. At all. They're boring trash.

2. The PS4 is just as garbage as the Xbox One, and people only bought the former because of an Xbox DRM policy that doesn't even exist anymore.

3. Amiibos mostly suck (exceptions include Bowser) and it's unbelievable how crazy people go for them.

4. Despite all its merits, PlayStation Plus is completely unappealing to me because my licenses are not permanently mine.

5. For similar reasons, I'm very wary of Steam.

6. F-Zero X > F-Zero GX, especially with respect to art direction. Although GX has the best gameplay, it eschews some great ideas from X for the worse. I would absolutely hate to see Nintendo "just make an HD rerelease of GX" like so many people echo. Ugh.

7. Miyamoto needs to be more and more eased out of being the be-all, end-all of Nintendo's creative processes. I know that's already sort of the case, but it's about time, no matter how much I love him.

8. Classicvania > Metroidvania

I'm sure I could come up with more if I thought about it some more... maybe I'll post more later.

Also @ radio silent radio silent , I feel like most of your unpopular opinions are just the opinions of people that actually have a deep knowledge of a series.

Like, if you've played SA1 or 2, you should know they're awful. If you have a significant understanding of the Metal Gear series, you should find MGS2 more compelling than 3 (although 3 is still really great). If you've played HL1, you should know it's better than 2. If you played FO1, 2, or NV, you should know FO3 is trash. I could go on. I think most of your list involves simply not stopping at the entry level of popular series and digging deeper, thus arriving at the (imo correct) opinions you now hold.

None of this is a criticism, I'm just musing. And maybe we're just on the same wavelength, idk.

finalark

SNORLAX
Also @ radio silent radio silent , I feel like most of your unpopular opinions are just the opinions of people that actually have a deep knowledge of a series.

Like, if you've played SA1 or 2, you should know they're awful. If you have a significant understanding of the Metal Gear series, you should find MGS2 more compelling than 3 (although 3 is still really great). If you've played HL1, you should know it's better than 2. If you played FO1, 2, or NV, you should know FO3 is trash. I could go on. I think most of your list involves simply not stopping at the entry level of popular series and digging deeper, thus arriving at the (imo correct) opinions you now hold.

None of this is a criticism, I'm just musing. And maybe we're just on the same wavelength, idk.
I don't think it's really fair to say that these opinions are "correct." I mean, I see what you're getting at, and I agree that if you've played every game in a series you're bound to have more complex opinions on it than someone who's just played a handful of entries. At the same time I don't think it's right to say that these are "correct" opinions.

For example, saying that MGS2 is more compelling than MGS3 is a very, very subjective point. In terms of narrative, MGS2's very esoteric plot is not for everyone, plus there's the fact that 60% of the game is recycling MGS1's script, which is something that really bothered me but seemingly nobody else. On the other hand, MGS3's narrative is much more straight forward and very clear about what it is, which some people prefer. That's not even getting into the game play which is a battle between tight, closed spaces and sprawling, open areas. MGS2 and MGS3 are two very different games and which one you find more compelling is going to boil down to personal taste.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
4. Despite all its merits, PlayStation Plus is completely unappealing to me because my licenses are not permanently mine.

5. For similar reasons, I'm very wary of Steam.
I've used Steam for a while, and I can say that once you buy a game, that copy is permanently tied to your account unless you trade it away. Free trials are just to incite you into buying a game, and do not require you to download them unless you want to.

PSPlus is really an advertising bandwagon for stuff they get paid to promote. :p

My unpopular gaming opinion is that I think that the Xbox brand needs a complete remodeling in order to get my interest again.

Last edited:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I think the original Super Mario Bros. are insanely overrated. Never played them as a kid, I played both DKC and SMB3 in 2012 and found DKC to be leagues better in every way. The only way it doesn't outclass it objectively is the power up vs animal buddy system, because that's an apples vs oranges thing. I thought the SMB games had terrible controls and physics and have not aged well at all. The original DKCs in my opinion have aged incredibly well though. The art style still looks polished due to the 2D renders, the controls and physics have aged well and the music is better than that in most contemporary games.

Also Super Mario Strikers Charged was a really under-appreciated game. Mainly because it was a competitive game, more competitive than a game like Mario Kart.

Also I thought Diddy Kong Racing was way better than Mario Kart on the 64

Last edited:

TimeChain

Smash Apprentice
NNID
777brawlfan
3DS FC
4484-9816-4641
1. Luigi is far more popular and loved than Mario. I don't understand why people say Luigi is hated and ignored.
2. I find a lot of Sonic games get way too much hate like Black Knight and 4.
3. I think the original Zelda game on the NES hasn't aged very well. It's not terrible but bleh...
4. There are a lot of unmemorable Gen 1 and 2 Pokemon. There are a handful I love though.
5. I like the Gamecube controller, but future controllers are far superior.
6. The first few Mario Kart games are kinda boring and I think their sequels are way more fun.
7. I don't mind Zelda games being too linear.
8. I like Earthbound but the battles are boring.
9. As much as I like Sonic Adventure 1 and 2, but even I have to admit, they have aged and I wouldn't recommend it to much people today.

I have a lot more unpopular opinions, but that's all I can think of right now.

8. I like Earthbound but the battles are boring.
I don't think anyone would disagree with that. Aside from maybe the rolling HP system, the gameplay in the Mother series is like, the most basic JRPG gameplay imaginable. It's a series that is loved pretty much entirely because of its charm.

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
I don't think it's really fair to say that these opinions are "correct." I mean, I see what you're getting at, and I agree that if you've played every game in a series you're bound to have more complex opinions on it than someone who's just played a handful of entries. At the same time I don't think it's right to say that these are "correct" opinions.

For example, saying that MGS2 is more compelling than MGS3 is a very, very subjective point. In terms of narrative, MGS2's very esoteric plot is not for everyone, plus there's the fact that 60% of the game is recycling MGS1's script, which is something that really bothered me but seemingly nobody else. On the other hand, MGS3's narrative is much more straight forward and very clear about what it is, which some people prefer. That's not even getting into the game play which is a battle between tight, closed spaces and sprawling, open areas. MGS2 and MGS3 are two very different games and which one you find more compelling is going to boil down to personal taste.
Yeah, I completely agree with you. Sorry, I should have put correct in quotes or something. I just meant exactly what you said, that they're more complex and informed than the average opinion, which makes them seem "unpopular" in a sense despite being driven by greater knowledge.

I've used Steam for a while, and I can say that once you buy a game, that copy is permanently tied to your account unless you trade it away. Free trials are just to incite you into buying a game, and do not require you to download them unless you want to.
I mean, I own tons of games on Steam, and I know how it works. I'm just saying that if Valve ever goes out of business, what happens to those licenses? Honestly, nobody knows. Even still, if Valve were going out of business and suddenly unlocked all the DRM on all your games, that still doesn't mean I have the storage space to keep them all until I can get around to playing them.

This is not a problem with traditional physical media. No matter what happens to Sega/Nintendo/Atari/Microsoft/Sony/etc, I know I can play all those old carts and discs because the license is attached to the object itself, and what's more, those carts are relatively easily replaceable in the long run, whereas a digital license to a game that was offered by a company that no longer exists is completely irreplaceable. The solution to this could be piracy, but ehhh...

Then again, even ignoring all of this, I prefer physical copies in general because I like displaying my collection physically in my apartment.

finalark

SNORLAX
I mean, I own tons of games on Steam, and I know how it works. I'm just saying that if Valve ever goes out of business, what happens to those licenses? Honestly, nobody knows. Even still, if Valve were going out of business and suddenly unlocked all the DRM on all your games, that still doesn't mean I have the storage space to keep them all until I can get around to playing them.

This is not a problem with traditional physical media. No matter what happens to Sega/Nintendo/Atari/Microsoft/Sony/etc, I know I can play all those old carts and discs because the license is attached to the object itself, and what's more, those carts are relatively easily replaceable in the long run, whereas a digital license to a game that was offered by a company that no longer exists is completely irreplaceable. The solution to this could be piracy, but ehhh...
I couldn't agree more. I can't say I'm entirely against digital games since I use Steam frequently enough and have digital copies of several older titles on my Wii U, but in the circumstance that the company in question goes bankrupt or simply decides to discontinue the platform then that's it, those games are forever lost to the aether. At least with physical games those are around forever no matter what happens to a company. You can still play Dreamcast even if SEGA doesn't make consoles anymore, but if Steam ever goes offline then there goes half your PC collection.

I have a buddy who owns and Xbox One and I've noticed that a lot of games won't even start unless you're connected to Xbox Live. So that means in ten years when Xbox (gimmicky marketing name here) is the current MS console and they decide to drop support for the Xbone 90% of it's library is going to be worthless. Really dropped the ball on that one, eh MS?

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
I have a buddy who owns and Xbox One and I've noticed that a lot of games won't even start unless you're connected to Xbox Live. So that means in ten years when Xbox (gimmicky marketing name here) is the current MS console and they decide to drop support for the Xbone 90% of it's library is going to be worthless. Really dropped the ball on that one, eh MS?
Tell your friend to do this, and that problem will go away.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/games/my-home-xbox

IMO, they should make it so it automatically does that when you first set up the console, but oh well. Yeah, doing that should make it so your friend can play any games he owns offline.

finalark

SNORLAX
Tell your friend to do this, and that problem will go away.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/games/my-home-xbox

IMO, they should make it so it automatically does that when you first set up the console, but oh well. Yeah, doing that should make it so your friend can play any games he owns offline.
What even is this? Why do you even have to do this?

Well, I guess that's modern gaming for you. Gotta go through thirty minutes of nonsense before you can play your games. I thought things were supposed to get more convenient as technology advances, not less so.

Last edited:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
1. Luigi is far more popular and loved than Mario. I don't understand why people say Luigi is hated and ignored..
The idea that Luigi is ignored and in Mario's shadow is part of his 'lore.' It's just that Nintendo has beat it into us so much now that he actually gets more splotlight than every Mario character other than Mario himself and has become way more popular than him.
He'd probably be behind his brother in popularity if they didn't keep playing up the underdog gimmick.

finalark

SNORLAX
I like Xenoblade's story, but as a long time MMORPG fan, I really, really didn't think Xenoblade's game play was impressive. When you've been talking to NPCs with exclamation points over their heads, killing/collecting a few things, then returning to that same NPC for a reward for ten years putting it into a single player game is not going to make it feel fresh. Same with the hot bar combat. Again, ten years of "auto-attack, then select abilities and watch your cooldowns" isn't going to feel like something new just because there aren't three to four other people chatting with you while you do it.

IMO most people who went around praising Xenoblade as a fresh, original, groundbreaking game probably never dipped their toes in the MMORPG pool.

Although the vision mechanic was creative and well implemented.

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
The idea that Luigi is ignored and in Mario's shadow is part of his 'lore.' It's just that Nintendo has beat it into us so much now that he actually gets more splotlight than every Mario character other than Mario himself and has become way more popular than him.
He'd probably be behind his brother in popularity if they didn't keep playing up the underdog gimmick.
Well, the idea is that in-universe, he isn't nearly as revered or hailed as Mario. And there was a period where he certainly was not as important as Mario. He wasn't even in 64 or Sunshine. He is certainly very popular otherwise, and is now frequently selectable, even in the single player Mario offerings. But nevertheless, especially in the Mario & Luigi games, it's clear that he is characterized as second-fiddle in-universe.

Psionic

Smash Journeyman
-neither banjo kazooie or goldeneye are good
-fez was actually a pretty ok game (still hate phil fish tho)
-tf2 is overrated as all hell
and this isn't gaming, but
-good news for people who love bad news >>>>>>>> the lonesome crowded west

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699
People should not be as hyped as they are for games like Mighty No. 9, Yooka Laylee, or Bloodstained. I find it incredibly underwhelming for developers who once revolutionized gaming to rehash the same sh*t instead of making something new--especially since they're using Kickstarter and have essentially gone indie. People should be demanding these developers to make the next great innovation... not the same thing they made 20 years ago.

finalark

SNORLAX
People should not be as hyped as they are for games like Mighty No. 9, Yooka Laylee, or Bloodstained. I find it incredibly underwhelming for developers who once revolutionized gaming to rehash the same sh*t instead of making something new--especially since they're using Kickstarter and have essentially gone indie. People should be demanding these developers to make the next great innovation... not the same thing they made 20 years ago.
I kind of agree. I understand the hype for seeing games that really aren't around anymore, but I wish these spiritual successors would try to forge their own identity instead of just being new installments under a different name.

Although the way things are going in regards to Mega Man, Banjo-Kazooie and Castlevania I wouldn't be surprised if in ten or fifteen years these franchises have been flat out replaced by Mighty Number Nine, Yooka-Laylee and Bloodstained. Assuming these new games can maintain hype and sell as well as their backers would suggest.

Jellydino

Smash Cadet
Kingdom Hearts is fine gameplay wise, but story wise, it's the worst thing I've ever seen in my life. Doesn't help that the fanbase is one of the worst fanbases I've ever seen in my life. Only rivaled from the vocal minority from the vast nintendo game fanbases(LoZ, Pokemon)

Fire Emblem is kinda boring. All of them bar the console ones are only worth it if you get them for less than $10

MGS as a series was never good, even during it's "time"

FNaF is the worst thing to ever come out last year, it's literally one of the dumbest trends in videogame history.

Diablo 3 wasn't that bad, especially after they rehauled it from vanilla.

Sandbox indie games don't deserve the hype that they get (Starbound, Terraria, Minecraft)

Mario's games were always kinda dumb, I don't understand why people still think that sunshine and 64 are so based.

finalark

SNORLAX
Kingdom Hearts is fine gameplay wise, but story wise, it's the worst thing I've ever seen in my life.
I don't think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who thinks KH has any sort of coherent story.

Man, I remember being twelve years old when KH2 came out and thinking it must be really deep since I really didn't get what was going on. When I was a little bit older I realized it was because the whole thing was one big jumbled mess.

Man, I remember being twelve years old when KH2 came out and thinking it must be really deep since I really didn't get what was going on. When I was a little bit older I realized it was because the whole thing was one big jumbled mess.
I think a lot of people felt that way about certain games as a kid, except they never reached that realization.

Twewy

Smash Lord
To be fair, you can make a story and "timeline" out of the KH games, it just...isn't all that good. Figured everything out? **** you, everyone's Xehanort.

finalark

SNORLAX
Figured everything out? **** you, everyone's Xehanort.
The great big plot twist at the end of Dream Drop Distance (and by extension, the plot of KH3) is that Organization XIII is coming back, and their goal this time is to turn everyone into Xehanort.

Yup.

Also, the keyblade is like super saiyan. When it was first introduced it was this extremely rare, extremely powerful thing that only a select few had. Now they give out keyblades like candy on Halloween.

finalark

SNORLAX
Sorry about the double post, for whatever reason my browser's not letting me edit my previous post. Or it might be this public internet.

Some JPRG-related unpopular opinions:

- Too many post FFVII JRPGs focus too much on trying to astonish the player with plot twists instead of creating complex characters and a compelling narrative. The fact that Persona 4 focused on developing good characters and letting them be themselves instead of trying to surprise you with complex twists is part of what made that game so refreshing.

- Anybody who says that FFXIII is the worst FF has never played FFII

- As many have already said in this thread, FFIV has not aged well, has a weak story and is the least worthwhile of the SNES trilogy.

- There's nothing wrong with turn based battles. The reason why JRPGs stagnated so hard on consoles during the HD era was because so many of them were constantly trying too hard to shake things up in an attempt to stay relevant.

- I really, really want to get into Dragon Quest but aside from DQIX I get pretty bored only a few hours in. I'm crossing my fingers on the DS entries, though.

- The last Final Fantasy game that really felt like everyone on the team had their **** together and knew where they were going and what they were doing was Final Fantasy X. Everything since then has been Squeenix stumbling around attempting to keep the series relevant. Even FFXIV, which is fantastic in it's own right, still has a number of issues relating to Sqeenix not knowing how solo-oriented they want the game to be.

- The fact that Star Ocean can't make up it's mind on if it wants to be a sci-fi RPG or not really alienates me from the series.

- Tales of Symphonia is a really fun and really nostalgic game, but man is it painfully generic.

- On that note, the NA GCN opening for ToS is miles above the original Japanese version.

- High price tags, mixed opinions and really, really generic art really drives me away from trying the other Tales games.

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699
- Tales of Symphonia is a really fun and really nostalgic game, but man is it painfully generic.
I felt the same way but mostly during the early parts in Sylvarant. It became a lot more interesting for me starting at Tethe'alla.

Even still, the inclusion of dwarves and elves doesn't help it stand out. Nor does fire dungeon, lightning dungeon, or ice dungeon.

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
- The fact that Star Ocean can't make up it's mind on if it wants to be a sci-fi RPG or not really alienates me from the series.
My biggest issue with Star Ocean (aside from Lymle existing in SO4) is that it doesn't even mesh the sci-fi/fantasy stuff well. Oh, you have this super cool space gun, nope sorry it's battery died, time to use swords and hardly do anything else sci-fi until the endgame! (SO2, to the best of my memory)

It really seems like the sci-fi aspect, at least in the earlier ones, is just there for the sake of standing out from the crowd and being able to call itself sci-fi without /completely/ lying.

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
Here are some of mine...

> I think Final Fantasy VII is overrated.
> I think Mario 64 has not aged well.
> Mario Kart 8 is the worst MK game.
> Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake is okay...
> I think Sonic CD is overrated. (Except the OST is awesome)

Jellydino

Smash Cadet
Here are some of mine...

A lot of those except for 2 and 4 aren't really unpopular. Especially FF7 being overrated.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
A lot of those except for 2 and 4 aren't really unpopular. Especially FF7 being overrated.
MK8 was fairly well-received, so I would say that it's unpopular opinions sandwiched between popular bread.

finalark

SNORLAX
Here are some of mine...

These day's FFVII is a love-it-or-hate it kind of game. Although it's been a long time since I've seen anyone lose their mind over it. Most people seem pretty indifferent to it these days.

But yeah, I'll second Sonic CD. I don't remember if I posted this earlier, but I never really liked Sonic 3 or Sonic CD all that much. Their level design was too labyrinthine and often times gimmicky for their own good. IMO the best of the Genesis era Sonic is Sonic 2.

My biggest issue with Star Ocean (aside from Lymle existing in SO4) is that it doesn't even mesh the sci-fi/fantasy stuff well. Oh, you have this super cool space gun, nope sorry it's battery died, time to use swords and hardly do anything else sci-fi until the endgame! (SO2, to the best of my memory)
IIRC SO2 was really bad about this. I remember being really hyped to play it as a kid because it would be the first time I ever played a sci-fi RPG. Then I was really disappointed for obvious reasons.

I remember Til the End of Time was also really bad about this, constantly coming up with increasingly contrived reasons to put you on underdeveloped planets. It's like the series is afraid that the sci-fi elements will alienate people when most folks are probably drawn to it for that reason.

Last edited:

Jellydino

Smash Cadet
MK8 was fairly well-received, so I would say that it's unpopular opinions sandwiched between popular bread.
From what I've seen, it's gotten a load of grief and many players have agreed to wanting to go back to MK7 since it was more "balanced" and skillful then it's successor. There has even been polls on GameFAQs, IGN and Kotaku showing that MK8 has been and still is trashed on and that people prefer MK7 on the 3DS.

Reminds me of another Nintendo game's fanbase...

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
I know I shouldn't be asking this, but...
I kinda feel like this is unnecessarily hateful. Could you perhaps elaborate on why Dark Souls is "boring trash"?
Ha, I was just exaggerating and letting it all out cause this is an unpopular opinions thread.

I mean, boring is all I can really describe them as. I find the gameplay completely uncompelling and above all s l o w. I don't know, something about the action just doesn't grab me and "boring" is the best word I can use to describe it, and trash was just a tack-on.

And the punishing difficulty just compounds the boredom problem. I've played my share of hard games. I beat both run throughs of Ghouls'n Ghosts. I've beaten all the cups in F-Zero X on Master and beat the story of GX. Castlevania 1 and Rondo of Blood. Tons of Mega Man games. I could go on, but my point is, along the way in those endeavors, I failed countless times, but I always picked myself back up because the core action was fun. Meanwhile, in the Souls games, when I die, I have no desire to try and keep going because the stretch I just went through to get to my point of failure wasn't fun in the first place. But, if I'm playing a game that isn't too engaging but at least doesn't make me try the same tasks over and over, I might be more willing to make it through.

But again, my harsh words were just me airing it out. I mean it's almost frustrating to feel this way about the Souls games because I know how well-regarded they are, especially among people whose opinions I trust and value. I just cannot get into them.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Ha, I was just exaggerating and letting it all out cause this is an unpopular opinions thread.

I mean, boring is all I can really describe them as. I find the gameplay completely uncompelling and above all s l o w. I don't know, something about the action just doesn't grab me and "boring" is the best word I can use to describe it, and trash was just a tack-on.

And the punishing difficulty just compounds the boredom problem. I've played my share of hard games. I beat both run throughs of Ghouls'n Ghosts. I've beaten all the cups in F-Zero X on Master and beat the story of GX. Castlevania 1 and Rondo of Blood. Tons of Mega Man games. I could go on, but my point is, along the way in those endeavors, I failed countless times, but I always picked myself back up because the core action was fun. Meanwhile, in the Souls games, when I die, I have no desire to try and keep going because the stretch I just went through to get to my point of failure wasn't fun in the first place. But, if I'm playing a game that isn't too engaging but at least doesn't make me try the same tasks over and over, I might be more willing to make it through.

But again, my harsh words were just me airing it out. I mean it's almost frustrating to feel this way about the Souls games because I know how well-regarded they are, especially among people whose opinions I trust and value. I just cannot get into them.
Alright, understood. Thanks for elaborating. I don't mind differing interesting but the way you phrased out without explanation admittedly set me off a bit.

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
From what I've seen, it's gotten a load of grief and many players have agreed to wanting to go back to MK7 since it was more "balanced" and skillful then it's successor. There has even been polls on GameFAQs, IGN and Kotaku showing that MK8 has been and still is trashed on and that people prefer MK7 on the 3DS.

MK8 is just a terrible game IMO. The blacence in the game is just really bad, the items are bad they depend on what placing you are in so everytime you're in first place you most likely to get coins then somthing to defend you from shells and the VR system is also really bad. http://www.reddit.com/r/mariokart/c...i_crazy_or_just_suddenly_suck_mk8_vr_ranking/ NOTE: This post was made 8 months ago. I am not sure if it has been changed.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
MK8 is just a terrible game IMO. The blacence in the game is just really bad, the items are bad they depend on what placing you are in so everytime you're in first place you most likely to get coins then somthing to defend you from shells and the VR system is also really bad. http://www.reddit.com/r/mariokart/c...i_crazy_or_just_suddenly_suck_mk8_vr_ranking/ NOTE: This post was made 8 months ago. I am not sure if it has been changed.
But it is loved an well-reguarded by the majority of people who got it and has a lot of critical acclaim. Just because a game is garbage competitively doesn't mean that it's a bad game. For instance, Smash 4 and Brawl are both pretty bad competitively (the former worse than the latter), but I still think that they can be fun to play.

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
But it is loved an well-reguarded by the majority of people who got it and has a lot of critical acclaim. Just because a game is garbage competitively doesn't mean that it's a bad game. For instance, Smash 4 and Brawl are both pretty bad competitively (the former worse than the latter), but I still think that they can be fun to play.
I disagree IMO. I still think it's really bad even playing it casualy. The A.I completely ruins Grand Prix for me.

Last edited:

finalark

SNORLAX

Given that the game currently holds an 88/100 for critics and a 9.1/10 for users on meta critic I'm going to say that the people complaining that it's not "competitive" are a vocal minority.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom