• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

West Coast Smash League

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
cuz it's run by the league of extraordinary gentleman

will sean connery be at this tournament...??????????!

mio

Smash Ace
Yeah I mentioned that issue about the "league" part in the name but I guess they're intent on having it called that. It's sort of false advertising but whatever.

Naota21t

Smash Champion
they should make it a league lol.

i'd be like pokemon then!!! we could have like gym leaders and such.

i nominate jeff for elite 4.

Naota21t

Smash Champion
lol no. b/c ss can be beat (by very very few).

so he shouldn't be elite 4, since they're **** near impossible to beat (or at least... should be).

and he couldn't be a gym leader, b/c then he'd be too ****ing difficult to beat.

like imagine jeff being the first gym leader. 99% of ppl wouldn't be able to get their first badge.

Naota21t

Smash Champion
yea b/c fmf, hmw, and phil suck. yep...

what does that make a lot of socal then? seeing as hmw kinda... iunno **** on a lot of them at zhu's tournament.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
even your boy zhu admits socal is a lot better than norcal. so whatever gets you to sleep at night. the actual, you know, good players know what's up.

plus didn't luigi, who doesn't even play this game, beat zhu and falcomist in tournament? yeah, i think he did.

the only good players you have left is SS and falcomist, and i doubt falcomist would hang in socal. there's nothing wrong with having a mediocre area for smash -- you guys don't even play the game anymore. all your talent went out the window when DBR quit. but it'd be nice if you just admitted it.

Naota21t

Smash Champion
socal might have an aggregate better melee scene (talent wise), but that doesn't make it so that we don't have any "good" players in norcal. and we're just counting ppl who still play, then the only ones in socal who are active that i'd put in the category (or above) w/ ss/fmf/zhu would be lucky/mango .

Naota21t

Smash Champion
well luigi does pretty well against fast fallers, which just happens to be a char that zhu uses.

thats like saying how it'd be embarassing for our good jigg players getting beat by a decent marth player who can space.

Naota21t

Smash Champion
well i think a fast faller is named so if they fall FASTER then other characters.

im sure zhu falls just as fast as a everyone else.

KIngGerudo

Smash Lord
since i saw no objection, zhu is a new spacie. must complete over 9000 hours of brawls with falco.

if shroomed falls down in a forest, does anybody care?

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
socal might have an aggregate better melee scene (talent wise), but that doesn't make it so that we don't have any "good" players in norcal. and we're just counting ppl who still play, then the only ones in socal who are active that i'd put in the category (or above) w/ ss/fmf/zhu would be lucky/mango .
if you consider hmw and phil good players, our whole SCENE is good players. you honestly have no idea lmao.

pretty sure i can go even or better vs zhu and fmf. probably atlus as well. dunno about tofu, i think they would abuse his weaknesses too much.

Naota21t

Smash Champion
california has one of the most, Probably the most active and talented melee scene. :D agreeeeeed?
uhh currently... i'd say cali might have the most active, since the only area thats better (VA/MD) is mostly brawl now.

but i still think even now when they're not playing, they're more talented. lol

****ing azen/m2k

Shroomed

Smash Master
if you consider hmw and phil good players, our whole SCENE is good players. you honestly have no idea lmao.

pretty sure i can go even or better vs zhu and fmf. probably atlus as well. dunno about tofu, i think they would abuse his weaknesses too much.
i'm pretty sure we were rapin up some socal at zhu's tourney

not to say socal didn't **** as well

norcal vs socal crews ftw

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
in terms of skill, it's probably something like:

1. MD/VA (they don't play but they still have the best players)
2. FL (Have way too many great / borderline great players: DSW/KSN/Colbol/Hungrybox/QDVS/Esam/SheikSSBM/etc.)
3. SoCal (probably the most active, but only two legitimately great players so far. but the best in the country counts for a lot)
4. NY/PA/East Coast (similar to socal -- pretty active, but few legitimately great players)
5. Midwest (no idea how active they are anymore)
6. NorCal (not active, possibly only one legitimately great player in SS)

Naota21t

Smash Champion
yea, but as long as there are different areas in cali with distance in between, there will inadvertently be a sense of one-up-menship.

Shroomed

Smash Master
i think i am inclined to disagree =)

Norcal pride! but seriously we need a norcal vs socal battle, next major tourney
How many to each side? hmmmm

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
>_<

I would so pick up Melee again if there is a full scale Norcal vs Socal crew battle. Of course, that is if I'm part of th crew lol.

Top Bottom