• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Welcome to the new website, Demo 2.6 Announced!

Project M

Shared Account
http://projectmgame.com/

Hello and welcome to the new home for all things Project M! As you can see, we've gotten quite a bit of a face lift, and even have a proper domain now! This new design is courtesy of one of our latest introductions to the PMBR, Warchamp7.

We hope you guys like the new look and find it more intuitive to find any information you're looking for. Be sure to check out the new Stages page, and keep an eye out for us to finish up the Features page, which will eventually detail all of the cool new changes we've made to Project M.

We'll of course be adding anything we feel necessary to the site, as this update also makes it easier for us to modify the content and make changes wherever needed. This means you should look forward to hearing more from us in the future!

I'm sure many of you are happy to hear this, but are looking for a little bit more. Look no further! We are officially announcing Project M 2.6 right now, to be released before the end of July. We'd love to give you a more concrete date, and we will do so as soon as we have one.

Stay tuned for more details on 2.6 in the coming days, and be sure to check the website from time to time, you never know what you might find...

MVP

Smash Ace
hmmmmm cool

but i want samus!!!!!

(also i was surprised it wasn't 3.0 but still HYPE)

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
Nah, the CMS we're using is actually called Kirby. The icon is just me being cheeky :D

Mithost

Smash Ace
Locked in a safe floating in the Atlantic Ocean.
Surprised it's not 3.0, but I can't imagine 2.6 skimping out on the stuff we were hoping for in 3.0 (turbo mode is the big one!)

Edit: Finally there is a stagelist up! I like the writeups on each one. Found a few grammar errors though.

Dracula's castle paragraph two: The stage is ever changing from one the favors a heavy hitting offensive, to a smart agile defensive. "The" should be replaced with "that".

On battlefield, paragraph two:
—if you drift too far under the stage, you can still be 'battlefielded.' The ending quotation mark should be before the period, not after it.

*Because we all love Randall. And he deserves to be counted at least partially for that one time he saved you.

It should be "*Because we all love Randall, and he deserves...".

Woo nitpicking!

Aenglaan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aenglaan
3DS FC
0559-8074-9911
The new website looks much better than the old one.

I'm glad I'll have another reason to boot up Project M again. After all, I don't think we'd want Smash 4 to come out before Project M, would we?

Mithost

Smash Ace
If Smash 4 is bad, P:M benefits greatly from being released after it. If Smash 4 is good (Accepted by the competitive playerbase as the "standard"), P:M might not benefit as greatly. P:M doesn't benefit from being released at the same time Sakurai is hyping up the fanbase with characters and features though. If someone's favourite character is confirmed for Smash 4, that player will automatically lean towards Smash 4 instead of P:M until the game is out and the hype wears down. This competition between games will not help P:M, as Smash 4 is already guaranteed to get a large portion of the smash playerbase (at least for the first 6 months)...

Edit: ...but all of that is super off topic so yeah

SmashGuy

Smash Journeyman
"I thought quotation marks were supposed to come after the sentence???" <--Like that...

I'm surprised. When I saw this, I was like, "Noooooo, what???". <---(Does that look right to you?)
But then I looked up project m on google and clicked it, I saw the link while it was loading and I was like, "Wat?". <--(Again?)
. .
I'm actually kinda hyped for 2.6... It's coming soon! :) (Or at least sooner than 3.0) U

OmegaMuffin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OmegaMuffin498
If 3.0 came out before 2.6 I would be a little worried

Anyway, guess it's time to not play P:M until the new update.

himemiya

Smash Lord
Copy/Pasted question from the locked thread.

Does anyone know why most of the stages listed are in a grey shade? Is it because they haven't finished doing the appropriate designs or they're bugs reported on them and had to be fix?

Well I like the re-designs but I wish they kept the characters organized by their tier-list. The question mark means they'll use melee's random system? If so that empty slot can be used to revive m2 right?

blerb

Smash Journeyman
I assume the question mark was kept to either troll us or to keep it looking consistent with Brawl's CSS

Although apparently PW has been making progress with extra character slots, so there's that too. I'm sure if anybody gets added, it'll be Roy for the sake of simplicity in comparison to Mewtwo.

Mithost

Smash Ace
I assume the question mark was kept to either troll us or to keep it looking consistent with Brawl's CSS

Although apparently PW has been making progress with extra character slots, so there's that too. I'm sure if anybody gets added, it'll be Roy for the sake of simplicity in comparison to Mewtwo.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=5496]Mewtwo is already made for P:M[/url]. All it needs is some touchups by the PMBR and some balancing.

SmashGuy

Smash Journeyman
Wait...... Did they ever even Say "Project M 3.0???" Maybe Turbo mode and pichu are featured in 2.6??????? :D
I think they just said "The next public release"...

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Wait...... Did they ever even Say "Project M 3.0???" Maybe Turbo mode and pichu are featured in 2.6??????? :D
I think they just said "The next public release"...
They never said that 3.0 would be the next version. People just universally assumed that after the jump from 2.1 to 2.5, the next update would be big enough to be 3.0.

SmashGuy

Smash Journeyman
Heh, I didn't have to know Project M Turbo Mode wasn't 3.0... They said awhile ago on their old page that Turbo Mode would be featured in their next public release. Which is 2.6.:)

pookee

Smash Rookie
The french version of the website is a disaster.. x) I can do a real translation if you want :)

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
French version isn't done, that's why there isn't an option to choose it. In fact, it hasn't even been started. That one article was just a Google translation to test the system.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
So, I come back from camp and there's a small update on the way. Nice website work, Warchamp. Looks nice and clean.

Master of Fossils

Smash Apprentice
Just thought I'd post a heads up that the Homebrew full set download link is broken.

Edit: or not. That's weird, I tried like 3 times before posting this and 2 seconds after I do it works

9bit_alt

Banned via Warnings
^ Also, when I used the automated thing, the executable that loads all the files on to your SD card for you, it put 2.1 on it.

Kati

Smash Lord
They never said that 3.0 would be the next version. People just universally assumed that after the jump from 2.1 to 2.5, the next update would be big enough to be 3.0.
Both the April fool's turbo preview video and the new website mention "3.0" so it was a pretty natural assumption to make.

but more importantly, this is very exciting news!!

Tero.

Smash Champion
Why are there still so many crap stages like big blue, fourside, w/e anyway?

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Why isn't Big Blue a better stage yet? I need my Night of Big Blue on a playable stage.

Sixth-Sense

Smash Ace
San Francisco, Venezuela (not the famous one)
Wow.........that was fast.........i hope you guys aren't rushing, because i have a strange feeling that this upcoming demo hasn't solved the 1 dead frame issue, and that's extremley important to me (and to many other melee players that still pop in melee), i hope you guys have worked more on the mechanical side than just putting new char. well either way, i'm ****ing hyped, i didn't imagine it would be so early

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Give the French website some time. I work full time and can't work on it every day.

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
Just thought I'd post a heads up that the Homebrew full set download link is broken.

Edit: or not. That's weird, I tried like 3 times before posting this and 2 seconds after I do it works

There are multiple file mirrors, one or more of them might be broken, and you then got a working one.

bmullins123

Smash Journeyman
Hope they can come out with some new stages add kirby or samus, fix some bug issues, now that would be a update. I'm also looking forward for turbo mode I can see the sick combos people will be pulling of in the future it's exciting.

F. Blue

Smash Journeyman
Personally all I'm hoping for is wavedash out of shield.

Top Bottom