• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Welcome to the new website, Demo 2.6 Announced!

Rarik

Smash Journeyman
You can already wavedash out of shield but it's more difficult than melee because L and R are considered the same button in brawl while in Melee they count as separate inputs, or something like that. The gist of it is that you can't air dodge until you completely let go of shield then you have to press it again, while in melee you can just jump and air dodge with the other shoulder button.

Rarik

Smash Journeyman
Nah, what Melee players want is melee, and anything that isn't melee is bad. Why improve an unbalanced game when you can just have melee.

Edit: I dislike the melee community's attitude towards P:M, at least based on the vibe I got from the latest discussion about P:M on the melee forums.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
Noticed a small problem in http://projectmgame.com/en/download. When it says "The downloads below are for NTSC Brawl Discs and Wii's only. Japanese users, click here", it's supposed to link to the japanese translation for P:M, which it currently isn't.

SmashGuy

Smash Journeyman
I don't know what to think... They said next public release will feture TurboMode... But the new page syas in 3.0... Hopefully that was a mistake.

Sir Combee

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if it's intentional or just no one cares about the stage, but Kongo Jungle 64 isn't on the stage list at all haha

Mithost

Smash Ace
Locked in a safe floating in the Atlantic Ocean.
JCaeser stated on stream that "Turbo mode is more of a 3.0 thing". I can imagine that a lot of work is going into it, and they can't rush to push out a side-tourney mode. 2.5 has some balance issues that need to be addressed and if that is via 2.6 then I'm fine with it. Any new content will be bonus.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
I'm expecting at least 1 new character and a bunch of balancing and maybe some new engine fixes. The PMBR knows that in order to get everyone to update they need to trojan horse with something that will get the casual PMers excited. That said, it's only a .1 jump, so I bet only one new character will return (and my money is on Meta Knight)

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
If they're trying to actually balance a special mode someone remind me to slap JCz the next time I see him

because seriously

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
Really like the new site and I'm pretty hyped for 2.6!

I was gonna ask wether you'd care about adding a paragraph about thought processes for your stages. Like explaining why you chose to keep the laser and bomb on Halberd, why you kept transformtations on Castle Siege, why you decided to remove destructible ground on Pits Stage and such. I'm sure there are some, and I'd be really interested.

edit: the domain has /en/ in it. Do you plan to publish the site in foreign languages?!

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
In general, we try to sell things as they are rather than "This is how we changed this stage from Brawl and why," because it shows a lack of confidence to try to justify changes everywhere throughout our website. Things like thought processes are a bit of a deeper developer's insight that you only really get in small doses here and there.

We do plan to have multiple translations available. Our translating team are at work as we speak.

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
yeah, makes sense.
I didn't even mean to explain why you changed/kept things from brawl, but in general i assume you can do almost anything you want with a change, so why not explain the motivation behind the designs, rather then ony describing the stages features.
It's probably not even worth the work you'd have to putinto it, but just personally i'd be very interested
Did i mention that I like the new Page alot? :D

SmashCentralOfficial

Voice of SmashCentralOfficial
Absolutely love the new website. Super excited for 2.6, regardless of the lack of Turbo mode. I'm the kind of person who would rather wait another year for a game than have an unpolished version early.

OmegaMuffin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OmegaMuffin498
I'm pretty sure he meant that Meta Knight wasn't confirmed, but if anything they would add him. Idk why he's the most likely candidate but whatever, the casuals need hype too. Also, I saw turbo mode listed under the special play settings when Jolteon was playing so I guess that means it's confirmed.

But what do I know, I'm a catbug.

Kally Wally

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure he meant that Meta Knight wasn't confirmed, but if anything they would add him. Idk why he's the most likely candidate but whatever, the casuals need hype too. Also, I saw turbo mode listed under the special play settings when Jolteon was playing so I guess that means it's confirmed.

But what do I know, I'm a catbug.
They've stated multiple times that Turbo won't be in 2.6. The version we've been seeing in streams is a development version, not the final product.

Top Bottom