• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weekly Famitsu Fighter Profiles (Updated 9/10)

Hong

The Strongest
Indeed. The translations for Pac-Man have been finished. You can find them below:

And the originals, untranslated:

Meta Knight is next. :) Added these to the OP for now.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
What's with 3rd parties and turning into balls? At least it's not 3/4 this time I guess.

Hong

The Strongest
What's with 3rd parties and turning into balls? At least it's not 3/4 this time I guess.
Also the whole thing where all three of the third-party characters have trampolines for recoveries.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Actually it looks to be based on Sticker Star's version of Bowser's Castle.

That makes 2 locations used from Sticker Star. I hope they didn't ignore Paper Mario 64 and Super Paper Mario. That'd be an insult. :(
Let's remember this is a 3DS stage, so we might not get much other Paper Mario since they're for console.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Let's remember this is a 3DS stage, so we might not get much other Paper Mario since they're for console.

^^ A locale from the home console game TTYD. It feels unfair if they were to just use one from one early Paper Mario game and take the rest out of Sticker Star, only for being the most recent entry (and a 3DS title). :/

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535

^^ A locale from the home console game TTYD. It feels unfair if they were to just use one from one early Paper Mario game and take the rest out of Sticker Star, only for being the most recent entry (and a 3DS title). :/
I know that's from the console, but I don't think we'll get much Paper Mario console stuff.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Waait, on Pac-Man's final smash, it says that when he eats them you can only see their eyes as they take knockback? So... are we going to see Bowser and Zero Suit Samus eyes flying all over the place when his Final Smash is used?

ew

Also, why did we get Meta Knight and not Kirbyyy :sadsheep:

I WANT TO SEE CUSTOM KIRBY

Last edited:

XKan

Smash Apprentice
Here is Meta Knight's page : )

Phew, been working on these awhile, but glad people have use for them. Makes it worth it. There is one more page in this week's batch, I will upload it later on after a little bit of a break!

Last edited:

Sol_Vent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
l-Sorubento-l
3DS FC
1375-8278-3354
Pac Man's customizable down specials look really cool. The move as a whole is a really interesting way of controlling space. It's a bit weird even just thinking about how it'll play out. It's got some possibilities, man.

Ozyroth

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ozyroth
Here is Meta Knight's page : )

Phew, been working on these awhile, but glad people have use for them. Makes it worth it. There is one more page in this week's batch, I will upload it later on after a little bit of a break!
Wow thanks man good job! Keep it up

AnoA

Smash Cadet
Great day for me though! lol JK I was hopping for something different.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
I feel like that description that they put about Meta-Knight not having a projectile just says that he's going to be a bit OP again, lol. I'm sure he won't, though, as Sakurai is well aware which characters are OP and which ones are not.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Last edited:

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
Are you sure, they're not allowed online in even for fun matches much less for glory. That suggests they're less balanced or fair than items and stage hazards
I think it's less a question of balance and more Sakurai wanting to avoid players being surprised by moves they didn't know existed. While there's certainly an argument to be had that the onus is on the player to familiarize themselves with their opponent, Sakurai is largely pushing Smash towards a more casual audience that, in all likelihood, won't be spending significant amounts of time trying to learn about and unlock all possible custom moves. (8 per character * 39 characters = 312, and that's only the revealed characters, Mii Fighters being counted separately.)

To put it another way, "With Anyone" online mode is the vanilla Smash 4 experience. Locally or with friends, you can agree to whatever rules you want so it's a non-issue.

Naglfarii

Smash Journeyman
Ok but tournaments are pretty likely to ban characters custom moves other than maybe a few pre approved combinations that somehow improve game balance in their minds

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
Ok but tournaments are pretty likely to ban characters custom moves other than maybe a few pre approved combinations that somehow improve game balance in their minds
There's always naysayers to every proposed change, but I got the impression that the community is largely in favor of custom moves for tournaments.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Are you sure, they're not allowed online in even for fun matches much less for glory. That suggests they're less balanced or fair than items and stage hazards
No, they're not on because there's already 4 special attacks to know.

4 special attacks x 52-60 characters = a lot of special attacks to remember.

And they are allowed on "with friends", which is all that matters.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Them being banned irl tournaments has really not been decided yet.

And probably won't til the game comes out and is out for a few months.

XKan

Smash Apprentice
Hey all, I finished it a little bit ago but didn't get a chance to upload it here, so here you go, the final page of this week's Famitsu batch:

Raider 88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Raider704
3DS FC
5086-1674-5462
Hey all, I finished it a little bit ago but didn't get a chance to upload it here, so here you go, the final page of this week's Famitsu batch:

Thank you so much for your hard work. I know everybody here appreciates this greatly :D

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
So wait, you're telling me that Meta Knight's FS will hit EVERYONE no matter what if he gets at least one guy in his cape?! Geez, I didn't think Sakurai would buff anything about Meta Knight :laugh: We are still as clueless as ever about his Up B's functionality tho.

Paper Mario stage flips like a pop-up book? YES PLEASE! :grin:

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
So wait, you're telling me that Meta Knight's FS will hit EVERYONE no matter what if he gets at least one guy in his cape?! Geez, I didn't think Sakurai would buff anything about Meta Knight :laugh: We are still as clueless as ever about his Up B's functionality tho.

Paper Mario stage flips like a pop-up book? YES PLEASE! :grin:
Pretty sure it already did that.

Top Bottom