• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

We Like IKE! Or do we...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerry Applesauce

Smash Ace
Yeah, it's totally fine the way it is. It just needs blue fire. I'd personally like to see him use the Urvan but if he keeps using the Ragnell I'm down with that, and it still makes sense.

Last edited:

MechaWave

Smash Champion
I would say SSB4 Ike just because he's sexier (altho qt boi Ike in SSBB will always be remembered), but to avoid sjw tumblr babby tears I shall give an actual reason that everyone else has said: it fits his playstyle and profession more.

:4myfriends::4myfriends::4myfriends::4myfriends::4myfriends::4myfriends::4myfriends::4myfriends:

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I personally really like the Radiant Dawn look he has in this game. In Brawl, I felt like he looked a bit too similar to Marth and that his play style as a heavyweight didn't match his more skinny appearance at all. This is a welcome change. Having his Radiant Dawn appearance goes a long way in helping distinguish him from Marth and making his play style seem much more natural and fitting.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
How about he just takes his shirt off and wins the match?

xxEliteAlicexx

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xxEliteAlicexx
I didn't really see how Ike was sexy in the last Smash Bros game, but I'm a huge sucker for guys with muscles and Smash Bros 4 Ike is just beefy and yummy. In simpler words, he's a stud. Not only do I like his look for this game, but yes indeed it does match his play style. Now someone need to start making fan fiction with Ike and Zero Suit Samus.

Floor

Floor | Defiant of Destiny
NNID
SerPete
3DS FC
1736-3913-7675
I personally dislike final smashes that boost your attacks and such, like warios and Giga Bowser. Your opponents are just going to run. 1v1-ing Sonic? You just wasted a final Smash.

I think sunshinesan has a good idea here. They said

Something canon please.
Here's an idea. The Black Knight Spawns and Ike do battle with him, clashing everywhere and anyone getting in their way gets blasted away. Kinda like Kat & Ana or Latios & Latias Assist trophies in terms of how chaotic it is.

Last edited:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
I personally dislike final smashes that boost your attacks and such, like warios and Giga Bowser. Your opponents are just going to run. 1v1-ing Sonic? You just wasted a final Smash.
In the event an opponent runs away, Ike will have the ability to throw his sword and it will cover the whole stage. There's no running from Ike :troll:

HugoBoss

Smash Journeyman
The same could be said for some of the attack Final smashes, some are just too easy to dodge while others are designed with free for all battles in mind but become useless 1v1. I personally like the transformations as they can give increased stats in order to get even more KOs than just the simple attack, but only if you are skilled enough.

Last edited:

Floor

NNID
SerPete
3DS FC
1736-3913-7675
The same could be said for some of the attack Final smashes, some are just too easy to dodge while others are designed with free for all battles in mind but become useless 1v1. I personally like the transformations as they can give increased stats in order to get even more KOs than just the simple attack, but only if you are skilled enough.
Even a skilled player has difficulty getting more than three hits on a good "dodger". And I consider myself a great player too. Avoiding is just too easy.

Sinbiga Doragon's sword idea is great.

Floor

NNID
SerPete
3DS FC
1736-3913-7675
I think Great Aether is a ok final smash, but the range for it is awful. I mean, unless your opponent is right in front of you, it will miss.
Agreed. By the way, Gallade = my favorite pokemon. Nice avatar/username.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I think Great Aether is a ok final smash, but the range for it is awful. I mean, unless your opponent is right in front of you, it will miss.
Sort of. Ike's range is actually quite large and many times I've hit opponents with the backend of the slash (behind him) which will still activate the FS. Also, it hits pretty high above Ike as well.

I'm rather split on his FS. I want something canon like the Blue Fire energy he gets from Yune. But I really like Great Aether. Just making it blue would probably be okay.

Golden Gallade

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3823-9001-5955
Sort of. Ike's range is actually quite large and many times I've hit opponents with the backend of the slash (behind him) which will still activate the FS. Also, it hits pretty high above Ike as well.

I'm rather split on his FS. I want something canon like the Blue Fire energy he gets from Yune. But I really like Great Aether. Just making it blue would probably be okay.
From my experience with the final smash, It's very short. If the opponent os hanging on the lege, you can't hit them. And sometimes I see it doesn't work at all, even if it looks like it did.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Question: What the heck is up with all these people asking for Ike to have blue flames?
What exactly happened between Brawl and Ike's SSB4 Reveal that made people want blue flames?

I seriously have no idea.
Someone explain this to me.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well, I'm of the minority opinion who liked the younger Brawl Ike better. I guess it was his face as it appears in-game.

Still, Ike is back, and I have better things to do than complain about his looks.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Great Aether was a badass Final Smash. It fits him well, and imo it should be kept.

Oh, and yes, Blue flames please.

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
It's something about Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn that I don't fully know about since I haven't played it. That said:

Last edited:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Question: What the heck is up with all these people asking for Ike to have blue flames?
What exactly happened between Brawl and Ike's SSB4 Reveal that made people want blue flames?

I seriously have no idea.
Someone explain this to me.
To make a long story short (there's really no long story), he's the Hero of the Blue Flame. He's known for that, not standard flame color like in Brawl.

If you've played Project M at all, you'll notice that the flames from his Eruption and Final Smash are blue. So this isn't a made up thing that Ike fans just randomly desire.

Last edited:

Keeshu

Smash Ace
It is no where near as drastic as Yoshi standing up right.

Except Hero Ike was released a full 3 years before League of Legends was.
Shows how little I know about Fire Emblem. I always keep thinking Fire Emblem is so new, and thinking LoL is so old. I guess it's because I almost never hear about Fire Emblem unless I go onto smash related sites, and People would poke me to play LoL for years all the time before I tried it a second time. Whatever the case, these comparisons makes me like both characters even more.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
This doesn't really warrant a thread, so I'm locking it.

But I'll explain:
Ike was called the "Hero of Blue Flames". I'm not exactly sure where in the games he was called this, but Priam's DLC chapter in Awakening "Radiant Hero" is called "Hero of Blue Flames" in Japan.

More importantly, Project: M replaced the flames on his Aether with Blue flames (it looks really cool too), which is largely the reason why everyone wants it in Smash 4 now.

And LOCKED.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
The funny thing the version of Ike in Smash 4 was the one I was most originally familiar with as I played Radiant Dawn long before I was able to play PoR. So this is the Ike I originally knew him as.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Perhaps my mind is still in shock, but for now I prefer the Brawl one. I wouldn't be surprised if I learned to later SSB4's version more later.

For now when I see this version of Ike, it just makes me think of someone that tried to combine Brawl Ike and Garen from League Of Legends. Doesn't help that some of these new Ike Pictures has Ike being in the exact same pose as some of the Garen Wallpepers.... My mind is probably just making silly, random connections between 2 Tanky Heavy Sword Users.

Comparison 1

Comparison 2

Purely coincidental I know. I now have to go poke a couple friends and say that now they've infected me with LoL, since they did this kind of comparison to so many characters from other games.

Once again, I prefer Brawl Ike, but Manly Ike is the Ike that Ike deserves.
I'm a proud Garen main :D....he's just my favourite character in LoL,
I like Guts and Berserk so much.
Ryu is my Street Fighter main.
I main Seigfreid in Soul Calibur
My strongest units in Fire Emblem are always of the Hero class
My favourite weapon is a Zweihander

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Other then the color scheme I think Great Aether works pretty well. Might need a few tweaks but I don't think it needs a major overhaul.

Ragna22

Smash Ace
Smash 4 Ike, I'll be honest, I showed no interest in Ike upon his announcement in Brawl partly because his design seemed a bit dull in my opinion, the other reason is I have no experience with his games, this design for Smash 4 however, not only has me interested to try him out but also makes me consider checking out his games because this design looks friggin sick, not just because he looks like he should be wielding a sword that big now, but also because he looks like a legit warrior, I haven't played his games but just looking at this design tells me that Ike has been through some sh** in his day.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Wow can't believe how many people voted on this haha. I got a screenshot of the only time the votes and percentages will be the same, just for fun.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Wow can't believe how many people voted on this haha. I got a screenshot of the only time the votes and percentages will be the same, just for fun.

I recommend taking another screenshot when we get 200 votes.

link and ike lover

Smash Lord
NNID
Thegodlink
He should because all of his attacks stayed the same in Smash4 but they just added cool affects when he swings his double bladed sword. It looks like it will but who knows we just gotta wait for sakurai to give a pic of the day showing ikes final smash

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Other then the color scheme I think Great Aether works pretty well. Might need a few tweaks but I don't think it needs a major overhaul.
Hmm, perhaps give him the flaming blue aura as well. Then it will seem closer to canon.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I've preferred this model for 7 years.

I do like how Ike has developed between Brawl and Smash 4, just like he did between Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom