• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

We are destined to meet in battle! - Wolf+

Yingyay

Smash Ace
About Sheik vs Wolf

I think the match is even.

Wolf's recovery is harder to gimp because of the kick at the end. sideB scars every stage now. His laser's arent as safe as Falco's so that's one against him. Sheik can punish fsmash with utilt even if wolf's behind her so thats another against him. Wolf has superior power and can combo into finishing moves pretty well.

Palpi

Smash Hero
It has mad lag at the end if you just shield or dodge the kick you can punish it. Also, just place yourself where if the wolf scars the stage, have it be in front of you to punish, if he ledgehops onto the ledge you can throw needles at him. Not a surefire way, but Wolf's recovery still in punishable and under par.

Yingyay

Smash Ace
It has mad lag at the end if you just shield or dodge the kick you can punish it. Also, just place yourself where if the wolf scars the stage, have it be in front of you to punish, if he ledgehops onto the ledge you can throw needles at him. Not a surefire way, but Wolf's recovery still in punishable and under par.
Yea even still tho.
So what would you guys say the match ratio is?
Also you guys wouldnt mind If I used this matchup discussion in my guide?

Yingyay

Smash Ace
well I thought I'd ask so that you guys get credit in the guide as well you know

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
The shine just lags Wolf if he holds it up like an idiot..In most cases projectile throwers WANT spacies to use their shine so they can punish the lag of it afterwards. Also, the projectile doesn't go far after being shined so sheik won't be hit by her needles.

Palpi

Smash Hero
I think the blaster can force sheik to approach more. If you can zone yourself to get in range of the blaster while sheik is trying to force your approach blaster is more effective.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
I have to agree with Yes! Blaster is awful. I'd argue it's the worst projectile in the game. It's better then not having one and I have used it from time to time, but it is certainly very mediocre in my opinion.

BEES

Smash Lord
it's a great melee attack - the blaster, that is. Get both the hits and you can generally land another hit right after.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Yeah but if you're that close, then you're better off grabbing and combo'ing off of the grab.

Yingyay

Smash Ace
Wolf's blaster is easy to aviod on the ground, sh-shots is the better option IMO (I second wolf mind you)
Im not to sure on how their bairs matchup to each other tho.
You gotta play uber-aggressive if you want to stop sheik but at the same time play smart, because one laggy frame and you're done.

ZodiakLucien

Smash Ace
the blaser is fine to for filling up space. Also the whole match up discussions are fine, but to determine advantages by who to what degree I think is pointless. Brawl+ is constantly changing and plus not to be a ****, but almost none of you are in a position high enough to determine match up favorablity. Nor are there enough high players of the other character to determine it. Also even less of those 2 players to face each other to determine match up stats. So just stick to discussing the match up and not the favorablity of it.

Yingyay

Smash Ace
Im sorry for not attending tournaments so Im automatically not at a high enough position to say anything.
And I doubt Brawl+ is gonna drastically change from this point where certain characters wont have an advantage or disadvantage in future builds.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Im sorry for not attending tournaments so Im automatically not at a high enough position to say anything.
And I doubt Brawl+ is gonna drastically change from this point where certain characters wont have an advantage or disadvantage in future builds.
Don't take it personally. I attend tournaments (and place 2nd or 1st every time) and I still understood what lucien's trying to say. Until you can truly say you know EVERYTHING about said character, you can't really make that kind of assumption. I think I'm one of the better Fox players out there and I'll admit that I don't know everything there is to know about Fox.

It's all love here :)

Yingyay

Smash Ace
I second Wolf since brawl came out. Theres not a bunch of mind blowing info to know about him.
And i dont take personally.....too much lol.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Yeah but unless you know every combo there is to know, every % that something works, when it is/isn't safe to do something, every matchup, when the best time to use something, AND prove it by doing well in tournaments, it's hard to claim to be an authority on a character. I definitely don't with Fox lol.

Yingyay

Smash Ace
I guess so. Well in the case then like less than 20 people should be giving matchup ratios then.
But enough bout that...so wat do we say on the sheik vs wolf match then? I guess everyone gave their peace but it seems to be all over the place.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Like I said, I still think Sheik has what she needs to beat wolf. It's not ****, but it's not close to even.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Cowtipper/yes, did you just say you need to know every matchup to be able to make a matchup ratio? That would make it impossible :laugh:
Eh I got carried away, but I'm just saying that Lucien's right in a way.

You can call me yes :)

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
I just called you cowtipper/yes to let people know I wasn't saying yes as in correct haha

Anyways, Wolf if pretty good in Brawl+, I wouldn't call him top 10 based on my current knowledge of him, but he's top 20 most likely.

GuruKid

Smash Ace
Can't be an authority on a character if you can't attend tournaments and/or play smash regularly at a competitive level. Sorry to say, but theory doesn't cut it.

Some matchup talk is okay I guess, but like others have said, since this game is still changing (especially with some of the drastic changes these BR peeps be throwing in), it's actually not that useful to do right now.

And yeah, Wolf is definitely tournament-viable now! *Cheers*

GuruKid

Smash Ace
Can't wait. :)

Summer's a-comin', so hopfully the tri-state area goes full-force with these Plus smashfests and tournaments.

Top Bottom