• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Waluigi - Everyone Else Cheated! (Assist Trophy Confirmed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WALUIGIOFFICIAL WAA

Smash Apprentice
26 Grimace Lane, Mushroom Kingdom, IMG EEK
This is the complete version. I hope the images will load this time

WAΓUIGI

WHAT ??? HOW ? HE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE HERE. WAIT ? AAASRGH...

WAA HAHAHHAHAHAH. IT´S A MEEEE.
WAA WAA HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

After this nightmarish introduction, let´s get to his moveset.

Stats and Attributes

Waluigi was never a character who was easy to define or understand. He was always the physical embodiment of absurdist humour. His playstyle was meant to define such, as well as other characteristics of the character and his growth. Waluigi can be described as a Jack Of Trades/Glass Cannon type. Waluigi hits hard, moves quite fast, and has plenty in terms of combos and set-ups, However, Waluigi is easy to combo and kill. He has plenty of tools to pressure the opponent, but he himself lacks answers when it comes to being pressured. If you fall into Waluigi´s game, you are screwed. If you pressure him, he is not very hard to kill, especially since his recovery, despite being quite malleable, is short and requires spacing and luck. That´s why his specials are so important to his playstyle. His traction is high ( except during Tricky Cheater ), his jump is the highest in the game, his air speed is bad, he runs at Ike´s running speed and he weighs just a bit more than Luigi, altough less than Mario.

Pros and Cons
  • His normals have good pressure ability, and have good range.
  • His movement is surprisingly tricky, especially with Bye Bye mix-ups and WhirΓuigi approaches
  • Great stage control with his Trick or Trick, especially when using Angry Cheater
  • Really good range. Some of his moves have hidden hitboxes
  • Decent priority
  • Long periods of hitstun make him easy to combo
  • Surprisingly easy to deal with once you deal with his offense and tricks
  • Recovery is short and doesn´t offer much invincibilty
  • Aerial game, when not using Angry/Trickster Cheater, is bad, especially because of his low air speed
  • Doesn´t have reliable ways to deal with pressure
  • Takes a while to get used to. Very tricky character to learn, but, when used properly, a pain to fight agaisn´t
  • He is Waluigi

Meter

Waluigi is probably the only character who has a meter, akin to traditional fighting games. Waluigi has two meters. These meters define two of Waluigi´s main emotions: Hate and Narcissism. The Vanity meter, based on Waluigi´s confrontational attitude, hostility and jerkish tendencies, builds itself based on how much damage Waluigi gives. The more damage Waluigi delivers, the more meter he gains, but he loses some meter when he takes damage. In opposite, the Anger meter is based upon how much damage does Waluigi take. The more damage he takes, the more meter he has. When he deals damage, he loses some meter. This game of Flip-Flop with his moves is an central part of his mix-ups and gameplay. You can spend short terms of that meter with your specials, akin to EX moves in Street Fighter. However, when the meter is full, you can perform your Down-B. When the Vanity meter is full, your Down-B becomes Tricky Cheater. When your Angry meter is full, your Down-B becomes Mad Cheater. Further differences are explained below.

Moves

Jab: Jabs twice with boxing gloves. 4%-4% damage
F-tilt: Performs a short, sideways kick. 7% damage
D-tilt: Waluigi extends his feet, like Ganondorf´s down tilt, performing a shin breaker. 10%
U-tilt: Waluigi extends his fist upwards. 8%

Dash Attack: Waluigi performs Wario´s trademark Dash Attack. However, instead of running along the ground shoulder-first, he jumps forward with his knees bent back and his elbow extended. If he whiffs, Waluigi will comically tumble on the ground. If he hits, he will temporarily stun the opponent ( since they just got an elbow to the stomach/chest ). However, if Waluigi hits a shield, he will fly off the shield, flailing his arms as he rockets away from the foe, protecting him from counters but putting him in an awkward position. 9% damage on the elbow, 20% damage if a second or third player is caught by the flying Waluigi after he struck a shield.

F-Smash: Waluigi performs a swing with his baseball bat. Uncharged, the knockback is mediocre, but, when fully charged, the knockback is ridiculously low. However, if you strike with the tip, it becomes a lot stronger, especially after you charge it fully. 14 % uncharged, 20 % fully charged. On the tip the damage is the same
U-Smash: Waluigi´s head spins while his body stands still, like an owl. Terrific, but the knockback is ideal for set-ups. 15 % damage uncharged, 21 % charged
D-Smash: Waluigi stands on his head and performs a breakdance kick along the ground. 16 % uncharged, 23% charged
Nair: A simple, yet strong sex kick. One of Waluigi´s most reliable moves when it comes to air game, especially since most of his aerials suck. 13 %
Fair: Waluigi spikes downwards with his tennis racket (well i had to include the racket somewhere ). This move is, to be honest, strange. The lag isn´t bad, but the start-up is pretty long. This move isn´t a meteor until high percentages, but, at lower ones, the knockback is so bad you can even get punished on hit. Quite a strange move. 8 %
Bair: A slow and laggy drop-kick. This doesn´t fit very well in Waluigi´s fast and frantic playstyle, but you may find a use for it. 15%
Uair: Waluigi performs a ballerina spin, with his hands cupped above his head. This gives him a slight push upwards, which helps his recovery. However, only the first one pushes Waluigi up. You can continue spinning by holding A. 10 hits, dealing a total of 20% damage. However, it´s extremely unlikely you will land the full hits.
Dair: Waluigi stalls for a bit, swims upside down, and then stops. BTW, this move is purposefully bad. 9% per hit

Pummel: Waluigi bites the opponent´s neck. Why ?? Well, Waluigi always
does what he feels like doing, like any great artist. 3%

F-Throw: Waluigi turns the opponent into a ball with some weird smoke power, and tosses them foward like an baseball. 12 %

B-Throw: Waluigi turns the opponent into a ball again ( that cheater ), but this time he uses the slingshot from Berry Baskets in Mario Party 5 and slings the foe away. 18 %
U-Throw: Waluigi throws the opponent upwards and stabs them with his mustache. Taken from the PSA hack. 15 %
D-Throw: Waluigi slams the foe in the ground and repeteadly stomps their stomach before kicking them away. 17 %

SPECIALS

Neutral B: Trick Or Trick: Waluigi fires a projectile. If you press B, he will toss a Bob-Omb. The Bob-Ombs work like Snake´s grenades, which means they can be angled, held or thrown with different strengths. The Bob-Ombs are a weaker than the item, but for an character projectile that´s big damage. However, they have a much shorter lifespan, which means that they can blow up on Waluigi´s face if you are not careful. They deal 21 % damage. If you however, hold...
Side: Waluigi spins a hammer and tosses it forward. Taken from the Waluigi´s Reign minigame, the Hammer is Waluigi´s slowest projectile, but it´s also the strongest, with strong knockback. 27 % damage
Up: Waluigi tosses a Blue Shell up. It homes on the player with the least damage percentage. However, it is more likely to home on Waluigi, even when he has the most damage. 18 % damage
Down: Waluigi fires the "Γ" projectile. It moves extremely slowly, kinda like Dhalsim´s Yoga Catasthrophe. It homes in the opponent. 10 %

Side-B: WhirΓuigi: Waluigi spins, creating a tornado around himself. This move is Waluigi´s tool for moving and pestering the foe. On air, it can quickly change direction. On ground, it has limited launch resistance. One hit, 13% damage.
Up-B: Bye Bye: Waluigi´s teleport from Mario Strikers Charged. This works in a similar way to Mewtwo´s teleport. It is much more malleable and controllable, but it is much shorter and has a lot less invincibility. It deals no damage.
Down-B: Dirty Cheater: When the meter is filled, wether it is with anger or vanity, Waluigi´s eyes will glow...

Tricky Cheater

And a backpack with 4 mechanical arms appear on his back

Now Waluigi´s speed is increased by 2x. And he takes half-damage from attacks ! However, in this state, he is much easier to knock off the stage, and his falling speed is decreased. This state lasts for 15 seconds.
B: Venom Pinch: Waluigi darts one of his mechanical arms foward, shooting a lightning bolt each time. The bolts deal 12% damage
Side-B: Wall-Luigi: Waluigi erupts a wall of thorns in front of him that can take 20% damage. Only one wall can be created at a time.
Up-B: Launch: Waluigi reveals rocket engines under his feet and flies up. This move has no horizontal distance, but it has a long vertical distance. No damage

Angry Cheater

Now Waluigi is super pissed, with constant purple effects coming from his body and his eyes in a perpetual glow. Waluigi´s attacks deal 2x damage now, but he takes 2x more damage. However, he is much harder to knock off the screen. The transformation lasts 15 seconds. Every second has Waluigi take 2% damage. When the transformation is over, Waluigi will have taken 30% damage but with no meter. Most of his moves also change.

Jab: Waluigi´s boxing gloves now extend like Ultra-hands, and he flails his hands up and down, covering a lot of distance. Laggy
F-tilt: Waluigi´s kicks can be rapid-fired like Chun-li´s Lightning Kick or Fox´s Jab combo
U-tilt: The uppercut is eletric with multi-hit properties. Laggy. 15%
D-tilt: Waluigi slides along the ground ( picture Dhalsim´s slide )feet first. This move is ridiculously weak, but it covers great distance and can cancel. 7%
Dash Attack is now unblockable, but it does not stun the opponent.

F-Smash: A tall spin kick. Due to Waluigi´s height and his berserker rage, this attempt at harming the foe will most likely fail. It´s very strong if it hits. 30%
U-Smash: Waluigi lashes with his thorn whip. Fast, ranged and strong. Does pitiful shield damage and is quite laggy. 23%
D-Smash: The dreaded ground stomp. However, it can only be used once. Make it count. 18%
Fair: Waluigi air-swims. He has access to 3 strokes. All those strokes can go in whatever direction Waluigi wants. 10&
Bair: Same as the Fair
Uair: Waluigi´s ballerina spin can spin forever and remain in air while doing it. Waluigi can also change directions, which allows him to fly around the screen in a weird helicopter manner. However, the move no longer deals damage
Dair: The aerial version of his assist trophy stomp. While it´s much laggier than before, it is still a fantastic set-up tool. 10%
Throws: For his throws, Waluigi uses this
Pummel: Waluigi tightens the pincer´s grip´on the foe
F-throw: Waluigi slams the pincer forward. 13%
B-throw: Waluigi swings the foe around, like Mario´s back throw. 16%
D-throw: Waluigi quickly gets on top of his foe, spins himself like a purple top on his opponent´s back and jumps off. 30% damage. Acts like a tech-chase

B: Trick Or Waa: Waluigi´s bob-ombs become big,bouncy and purple bombs with Waluigi´s mustache that take longer to explode and bounce up and down. 20% damage. Waluigi´s hammers become Waluigi´s purple wrenches in Mario Kart Arcade GP DX, and they are much faster, altough weaker. 15%. Waluigi´s blue shell becomes an Whisker Missile. The damage is the same, but it will go on the opponent, no matter what are the damage percentages. However, it still has a chance ( altough decreased ) to hit Waluigi.
Side-B: Wrecking Waluigi: Waluigi walks foward with shades, a sign taped to his back that warns "Danger" and swinging hammers back and forth. Each hit deals 16%
Up-B: Behind You: A faster, longer, more invincible and laggier teleport that conceals Waluigi in purple smoke for 2 seconds after he finishes it.

Final Smash: Poison Rain: Waluigi quickly summons a barrage of thorns to trap the opponent on the ground. Wether he succeds or not, he jumps into his hot air ballon in the background, flies to the top of the screen, and drops items based on the buttons you press and the state you were. You can throw every single projectile you own based on your correct button inputs, which include: Bob-ombs, hammers, blue shells, Γ, lightning bolts, bouncy bombs, wrenches and whisker missiles

That´s it. This is my Waluigi moveset ( without including taunts ). I hope you can see the images, because my prehistoric computer won´t load them.

Last edited:

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
That's why I don't like Waluigi, he is just a fan favorite... just a fan favorite.. he is not even important for Mario series, only appears in spin-offs, and EVEN for some spin-offs he is irrelevant, being absent on Mario Kart 7

Last edited:

WALUIGIOFFICIAL WAA

Smash Apprentice
/\ That's why I don't like Waluigi, he is just a fan favorite... just a fan favorite.. he is not even important for Mario series, only appears in spin-offs, and EVEN for some spin-offs he is irrelevant, being absent on Mario Kart 7

I don´t even know where do i start.

First of all, this is the Waluigi support thread. There are plenty of other places if you want to complain about the character.

Second, i can give you a list of characters who are not important to the Mario series. Here´s a hint: Everyone not named Mario, Luigi, Peach and Bowser. These 4 are "important". They drive the plot. They exist for a meaning. Just like every other character. Waluigi exists for a meaning: Wario´s partner, Luigi´s rival and the black sheep of the party, the thorn, the friend no one likes. It´s a shame we rarely get to see him do something with this role, but then, again, Nintendo seems to ignore every character to the series that isn´t these 4 and Rosalina ( she herself was barely important to the series at all ). If you don´t like Mario characters that " are not important" then you must hate nearly every character in the franchise then.

And third, Waluigi´s exclusion in Mario Kart 7 was, according to Yasuyuki Oyagi, due to time constraints and the fact that they tried to introduce new characters in a very short amount of time, which means fan-favorites like Birdo, Dry Bones and Waluigi would be phased out. Then comes Mario Kart Arcade GP DX and Waluigi is back in the game, even after a lot of characters were excluded. I can´t believe i´m having to explain this again to someone.

And finally, if you will do nothing in this thread besides badmouthing a character who we like, then please, leave.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
Ok, I will be the good guy now...
I remember in Mario Party 3 that Waluigi used Piranha Plant as his partner in Duel mode. Also, he wants to be the owner of the Mischief Star Stamp (he evens defeats Bowser to own it). His favorite item was the Poison Mushroom. He have his own stage called Walugi's Island.
The Waluigi's Island features lots of Piranha Plants, so I do'nt even know what to say about Waluigi using Piranha Plants to his side by now... There was a big bomb in the center of the stage. Here is a image of the board:

In Mario Party 7, his special orb was the Vacuum Orb, used to steal the coins of other opponents.
Also, I can't remember, but after some point in the Mario Party series, Waluigi starts to hold Roses with thorns for his poses.

The special ball of Waluigi in Mario Superstar Baseball is the Liar Ball, but I don't know all the details... I never played Mario baseball games...also, he have the Laser Beam and Super Jump abilities in field. And he is high related with eggplants (wtf) in this game.
In the sequel (Mario Super Sluggers), he can use the Liar Swing. The only thing I know is this is a high risky-high reward move.

In Super Mario Strikers, his legend says: "Waluigi's ego tends to be his biggest enemy", pretty interesting. He is the offensive type captain.
His superstrike is the Drop Rocket, he makes a karate pose and kicks the ball with both foots, and the balls leaves a trail of a purple nebulous cloud.

In the Mario Strikers Charged sequel, he changes to be a defensive type captain. In his mega strike he uses a purple thorn whip. And on his special move called WALL-Luigi he leaves a trail of thorn purple vines.

In Mario & Sonic series, he is a skill type character in all installments

In Mario Sports Mix, he is Technical character type (note that Tricky character category exists , but he is in the Technical one...). His special ability involves a mechanical 4 arms thing that have electric powers.

Also, mentioning Mario Kart 7, he is not a playable character, but a returning stage from the Mario Kart DS returns and is the Waluigi Pinball stage.

I will make another post with more information later... I'm too lazy...

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
OK, I need to apologize for my post up here. After some research. I'm getting interest in Waluigi...
Also, I don't think he is a bad character, but a bad choice for Smash (but maybe I'm changing my mind now)
WHAT IS HAPPENING TO ME???

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
OK, I need to apologize for my post up here. After some research. I'm getting interest in Waluigi...
Also, I don't think he is a bad character, but a bad choice for Smash (but maybe I'm changing my mind now)
You cannot leave once you step into WAA's domain. :evil:

Smady

Smash Master
This is the complete version. I hope the images will load this time
WAΓUIGI

WHAT ??? HOW ? HE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE HERE. WAIT ? AAASRGH...

WAA HAHAHHAHAHAH. IT´S A MEEEE.
WAA WAA HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

After this nightmarish introduction, let´s get to his moveset.

Stats and Attributes

Waluigi was never a character who was easy to define or understand. He was always the physical embodiment of absurdist humour. His playstyle was meant to define such, as well as other characteristics of the character and his growth. Waluigi can be described as a Jack Of Trades/Glass Cannon type. Waluigi hits hard, moves quite fast, and has plenty in terms of combos and set-ups, However, Waluigi is easy to combo and kill. He has plenty of tools to pressure the opponent, but he himself lacks answers when it comes to being pressured. If you fall into Waluigi´s game, you are screwed. If you pressure him, he is not very hard to kill, especially since his recovery, despite being quite malleable, is short and requires spacing and luck. That´s why his specials are so important to his playstyle. His traction is high ( except during Tricky Cheater ), his jump is the highest in the game, his air speed is bad, he runs at Ike´s running speed and he weighs just a bit more than Luigi, altough less than Mario.

Pros and Cons
  • His normals have good pressure ability, and have good range.
  • His movement is surprisingly tricky, especially with Bye Bye mix-ups and WhirΓuigi approaches
  • Great stage control with his Trick or Trick, especially when using Angry Cheater
  • Really good range. Some of his moves have hidden hitboxes
  • Decent priority
  • Long periods of hitstun make him easy to combo
  • Surprisingly easy to deal with once you deal with his offense and tricks
  • Recovery is short and doesn´t offer much invincibilty
  • Aerial game, when not using Angry/Trickster Cheater, is bad, especially because of his low air speed
  • Doesn´t have reliable ways to deal with pressure
  • Takes a while to get used to. Very tricky character to learn, but, when used properly, a pain to fight agaisn´t
  • He is Waluigi

Meter

Waluigi is probably the only character who has a meter, akin to traditional fighting games. Waluigi has two meters. These meters define two of Waluigi´s main emotions: Hate and Narcissism. The Vanity meter, based on Waluigi´s confrontational attitude, hostility and jerkish tendencies, builds itself based on how much damage Waluigi gives. The more damage Waluigi delivers, the more meter he gains, but he loses some meter when he takes damage. In opposite, the Anger meter is based upon how much damage does Waluigi take. The more damage he takes, the more meter he has. When he deals damage, he loses some meter. This game of Flip-Flop with his moves is an central part of his mix-ups and gameplay. You can spend short terms of that meter with your specials, akin to EX moves in Street Fighter. However, when the meter is full, you can perform your Down-B. When the Vanity meter is full, your Down-B becomes Tricky Cheater. When your Angry meter is full, your Down-B becomes Mad Cheater. Further differences are explained below.

Moves

Jab: Jabs twice with boxing gloves. 4%-4% damage
F-tilt: Performs a short, sideways kick. 7% damage
D-tilt: Waluigi extends his feet, like Ganondorf´s down tilt, performing a shin breaker. 10%
U-tilt: Waluigi extends his fist upwards. 8%

Dash Attack: Waluigi performs Wario´s trademark Dash Attack. However, instead of running along the ground shoulder-first, he jumps forward with his knees bent back and his elbow extended. If he whiffs, Waluigi will comically tumble on the ground. If he hits, he will temporarily stun the opponent ( since they just got an elbow to the stomach/chest ). However, if Waluigi hits a shield, he will fly off the shield, flailing his arms as he rockets away from the foe, protecting him from counters but putting him in an awkward position. 9% damage on the elbow, 20% damage if a second or third player is caught by the flying Waluigi after he struck a shield.

F-Smash: Waluigi performs a swing with his baseball bat. Uncharged, the knockback is mediocre, but, when fully charged, the knockback is ridiculously low. However, if you strike with the tip, it becomes a lot stronger, especially after you charge it fully. 14 % uncharged, 20 % fully charged. On the tip the damage is the same
U-Smash: Waluigi´s head spins while his body stands still, like an owl. Terrific, but the knockback is ideal for set-ups. 15 % damage uncharged, 21 % charged
D-Smash: Waluigi stands on his head and performs a breakdance kick along the ground. 16 % uncharged, 23% charged
Nair: A simple, yet strong sex kick. One of Waluigi´s most reliable moves when it comes to air game, especially since most of his aerials suck. 13 %
Fair: Waluigi spikes downwards with his tennis racket (well i had to include the racket somewhere ). This move is, to be honest, strange. The lag isn´t bad, but the start-up is pretty long. This move isn´t a meteor until high percentages, but, at lower ones, the knockback is so bad you can even get punished on hit. Quite a strange move. 8 %
Bair: A slow and laggy drop-kick. This doesn´t fit very well in Waluigi´s fast and frantic playstyle, but you may find a use for it. 15%
Uair: Waluigi performs a ballerina spin, with his hands cupped above his head. This gives him a slight push upwards, which helps his recovery. However, only the first one pushes Waluigi up. You can continue spinning by holding A. 10 hits, dealing a total of 20% damage. However, it´s extremely unlikely you will land the full hits.
Dair: Waluigi stalls for a bit, swims upside down, and then stops. BTW, this move is purposefully bad. 9% per hit

Pummel: Waluigi bites the opponent´s neck. Why ?? Well, Waluigi always
does what he feels like doing, like any great artist. 3%

F-Throw: Waluigi turns the opponent into a ball with some weird smoke power, and tosses them foward like an baseball. 12 %

B-Throw: Waluigi turns the opponent into a ball again ( that cheater ), but this time he uses the slingshot from Berry Baskets in Mario Party 5 and slings the foe away. 18 %
U-Throw: Waluigi throws the opponent upwards and stabs them with his mustache. Taken from the PSA hack. 15 %
D-Throw: Waluigi slams the foe in the ground and repeteadly stomps their stomach before kicking them away. 17 %

SPECIALS

Neutral B: Trick Or Trick: Waluigi fires a projectile. If you press B, he will toss a Bob-Omb. The Bob-Ombs work like Snake´s grenades, which means they can be angled, held or thrown with different strengths. The Bob-Ombs are a weaker than the item, but for an character projectile that´s big damage. However, they have a much shorter lifespan, which means that they can blow up on Waluigi´s face if you are not careful. They deal 21 % damage. If you however, hold...
Side: Waluigi spins a hammer and tosses it forward. Taken from the Waluigi´s Reign minigame, the Hammer is Waluigi´s slowest projectile, but it´s also the strongest, with strong knockback. 27 % damage
Up: Waluigi tosses a Blue Shell up. It homes on the player with the least damage percentage. However, it is more likely to home on Waluigi, even when he has the most damage. 18 % damage
Down: Waluigi fires the "Γ" projectile. It moves extremely slowly, kinda like Dhalsim´s Yoga Catasthrophe. It homes in the opponent. 10 %

Side-B: WhirΓuigi: Waluigi spins, creating a tornado around himself. This move is Waluigi´s tool for moving and pestering the foe. On air, it can quickly change direction. On ground, it has limited launch resistance. One hit, 13% damage.
Up-B: Bye Bye: Waluigi´s teleport from Mario Strikers Charged. This works in a similar way to Mewtwo´s teleport. It is much more malleable and controllable, but it is much shorter and has a lot less invincibility. It deals no damage.
Down-B: Dirty Cheater: When the meter is filled, wether it is with anger or vanity, Waluigi´s eyes will glow...

Tricky Cheater

And a backpack with 4 mechanical arms appear on his back

Now Waluigi´s speed is increased by 2x. And he takes half-damage from attacks ! However, in this state, he is much easier to knock off the stage, and his falling speed is decreased. This state lasts for 15 seconds.
B: Venom Pinch: Waluigi darts one of his mechanical arms foward, shooting a lightning bolt each time. The bolts deal 12% damage
Side-B: Wall-Luigi: Waluigi erupts a wall of thorns in front of him that can take 20% damage. Only one wall can be created at a time.
Up-B: Launch: Waluigi reveals rocket engines under his feet and flies up. This move has no horizontal distance, but it has a long vertical distance. No damage

Angry Cheater

Now Waluigi is super pissed, with constant purple effects coming from his body and his eyes in a perpetual glow. Waluigi´s attacks deal 2x damage now, but he takes 2x more damage. However, he is much harder to knock off the screen. The transformation lasts 15 seconds. Every second has Waluigi take 2% damage. When the transformation is over, Waluigi will have taken 30% damage but with no meter. Most of his moves also change.

Jab: Waluigi´s boxing gloves now extend like Ultra-hands, and he flails his hands up and down, covering a lot of distance. Laggy
F-tilt: Waluigi´s kicks can be rapid-fired like Chun-li´s Lightning Kick or Fox´s Jab combo
U-tilt: The uppercut is eletric with multi-hit properties. Laggy. 15%
D-tilt: Waluigi slides along the ground ( picture Dhalsim´s slide )feet first. This move is ridiculously weak, but it covers great distance and can cancel. 7%
Dash Attack is now unblockable, but it does not stun the opponent.

F-Smash: A tall spin kick. Due to Waluigi´s height and his berserker rage, this attempt at harming the foe will most likely fail. It´s very strong if it hits. 30%
U-Smash: Waluigi lashes with his thorn whip. Fast, ranged and strong. Does pitiful shield damage and is quite laggy. 23%
D-Smash: The dreaded ground stomp. However, it can only be used once. Make it count. 18%
Fair: Waluigi air-swims. He has access to 3 strokes. All those strokes can go in whatever direction Waluigi wants. 10&
Bair: Same as the Fair
Uair: Waluigi´s ballerina spin can spin forever and remain in air while doing it. Waluigi can also change directions, which allows him to fly around the screen in a weird helicopter manner. However, the move no longer deals damage
Dair: The aerial version of his assist trophy stomp. While it´s much laggier than before, it is still a fantastic set-up tool. 10%
Throws: For his throws, Waluigi uses this
Pummel: Waluigi tightens the pincer´s grip´on the foe
F-throw: Waluigi slams the pincer forward. 13%
B-throw: Waluigi swings the foe around, like Mario´s back throw. 16%
D-throw: Waluigi quickly gets on top of his foe, spins himself like a purple top on his opponent´s back and jumps off. 30% damage. Acts like a tech-chase

B: Trick Or Waa: Waluigi´s bob-ombs become big,bouncy and purple bombs with Waluigi´s mustache that take longer to explode and bounce up and down. 20% damage. Waluigi´s hammers become Waluigi´s purple wrenches in Mario Kart Arcade GP DX, and they are much faster, altough weaker. 15%. Waluigi´s blue shell becomes an Whisker Missile. The damage is the same, but it will go on the opponent, no matter what are the damage percentages. However, it still has a chance ( altough decreased ) to hit Waluigi.
Side-B: Wrecking Waluigi: Waluigi walks foward with shades, a sign taped to his back that warns "Danger" and swinging hammers back and forth. Each hit deals 16%
Up-B: Behind You: A faster, longer, more invincible and laggier teleport that conceals Waluigi in purple smoke for 2 seconds after he finishes it.

Final Smash: Poison Rain: Waluigi quickly summons a barrage of thorns to trap the opponent on the ground. Wether he succeds or not, he jumps into his hot air ballon in the background, flies to the top of the screen, and drops items based on the buttons you press and the state you were. You can throw every single projectile you own based on your correct button inputs, which include: Bob-ombs, hammers, blue shells, Γ, lightning bolts, bouncy bombs, wrenches and whisker missiles

That´s it. This is my Waluigi moveset ( without including taunts ). I hope you can see the images, because my prehistoric computer won´t load them.
That's about what I expected, Waa, very fun. An incredibly eclectic set that emphasizes Waluigi's nature, almost going as far as to highlight his being left out. The amount of insane props and projectiles make me think about Waluigi hoarding all this junk solely for the opportunity of being in Smash Bros.

WALUIGIOFFICIAL WAA

Smash Apprentice
YOU HAVE BEEN INFECTED WITH THE WAA VIRUS. NOW, WHENEVER YOU SLEEP, YOU´LL SEE THIS

THERE IS NO ESCAPE.
That's about what I expected, Waa, very fun. An incredibly eclectic set that emphasizes Waluigi's nature, almost going as far as to highlight his being left out. The amount of insane props and projectiles make me think about Waluigi hoarding all this junk solely for the opportunity of being in Smash Bros.
Waluigi based entirely off of specials? I'm so down with that, even if he's a huge glass cannon.

When i was making that moveset i had the goal of reflecting Waluigi´s character in his moveset, much like most characters do in the smash series. That is not easy, since, in my opinion, Waluigi is an pretty complex, multi-faced character. I worked with a lot of his characteristics, such as his hard-work towards mischief ( and comedic failures ) that can be seen in his neutral B and Angry Cheater. Most of his explosives are most likely to backfire in his face if you are not careful, and the Angry Cheater changes his playstyle in a way that he may give the illusion of greater power, but he still remains likely to fail ( like his F-smash, his Trick or Waa and his hard to control swimming and spinning aerials). My original idea was for the Angry Cheater to be his standard moveset, but i decided to incorporate Waluigi´s evolution as a character and absurdism into his play. Because, when it comes down to it, Waluigi is not very hard to counter. Characters who can mantain a constant offense ( Fox, LUIGI ) can give Waluigi trouble. Those who can get past his gimmicks will see that Waluigi is really working as hard as he can to sustain himself. It´s up for the player to refresh Waluigi and be creative.

I was also seeking to make Waluigi a character who played entirely different from most of the characters, but especially Wario. Mario and Luigi are polar opposites in character, but not in gameplay. Wario and Waluigi, as the inverse extreme versions of those two, are polar opposites in character and gameplay, and i seeked to incorporate that. Wario is a very mobile character who gives the illusion of slow and strong, uses a very strong normal game ( especially with his aerials ) and his special moves are, in fact, best for supporting Wario´s crazy game. Waluigi is the opposite. While he is a glass cannon, Waluigi is not as fast as seems to be, but he is stronger than he seems to. His normal game isn´t that good ( altough he has great ground moves ), and he relies on his specials in order to mantain his offense, while his normal attacks are best for supporting Waluigi´s specials.

I am satisfied with my result ( especially because i spend a very long time creating it ) but if you see something that could be changed, please warn me.

Extra Things
Entrance
Idle Animation ( an animation he does when he stands still for too long )
Taunt 1
Taunt 2
Taunt 3
Victory pose 1
Victory pose 2
Victory pose 3

Stage: DarkWood Forest

Theme:

Last edited:

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
I need to apologize 70x7 more times for my very above post.
I remembered my love for him as a character in Mario Party 3 (my first contact with Waluigi & Daisy).
Now, I think he deserves to be more than an Assist Trophy
WAAAAAAA
Also, I really want him to use some piranha plant moves...

PigmaskColonel

Smash Journeyman
At first, I wasn't so big on the idea of Waluigi, but after WALUIGIOFFICIAL WAA arrived, I'm convinced he would be a perfect character for Smash.

Nice, solid moveset by the way.

WALUIGIOFFICIAL WAA

Smash Apprentice
A few extra things about my Waluigi moveset. I will be soon making a few edits to it, making Waluigi even crazier and harder to master. since i didn´t cover these aspects as well as i would like. Waluigi was always a technical character. In the competitive games he is in such as Mario Strikers or Mario & Sonic, he is usually the character who is garbage for newcomers but very strong when used by experienced players:
GET-A BACK HERE

Waluigi´s double jump is what you can call an air dash. When Waluigi performs a double jump, he performs a motion similar to his air swim move. This "air dash" can move Waluigi in any direction you press, which means you can perform something like: Trick or Trick: Bob-omb -- Jump-- Trick or Trick: Γ -- Air Dash Jump Backwards -- Trick or Trick: Bob-omb. This sequence i just listed is part of Waluigi´s defensive game, but there are much more possibilities

Changes to his Down-B

Waluigi retains his meters. However, the meters now function simply to give Waluigi the 2x boosts in speed or damage. The changes to his movesets are not included with his meter bursts. Instead, by using Dirty Cheater, you will perform moveset changes, akin to Gen from Street Fighter. The movesets are still dependent on Waluigi´s damage percentages, which means: Less damage- Tricky Cheater. More damage- Angry Cheater. In order to gain the 2x boosts, you must perform the taunts that will be shown later. In terms of visual stats, the movesets deal absolutely no changes whatsoever to Waluigi´s appearence, which is part of the reasons why Waluigi is so hard to learn. In addition to those, the 2x boosts remove the other traits. Which means, when you trigger the Vanity meter, you get 2x power but 1/2 speed . When you trigger Anger, you get 2x speed and 1/2 power. I have swapped the traits for each meter.

When Waluigi starts the match, pressing Down-B will do nothing. If you got the first attack, you will be enabled to use Tricky Cheater. But if you press Down-B, Waluigi will undergo no animation whatsoever, but he will now have the Tricky Cheater moveset. Same thing with Angry Cheater. In order to return to your standard moveset, you must press Down-B again. Since you can exchange between your normal moveset and your Down-B moveset anytime ( even while being hit ), it can be hard to know what is your current moveset. However, this makes Waluigi even more unpredictable, and the opponent has absolutely no way whatsoever to figure out what is his current moveset.

Moveset changes

To be honest, most of this is meant to make Waluigi harder to play as, and to nerf him. However, he has gained just as much as he has lost. Some of his attack speed and power were nerfed. Alongside the double jump, Waluigi has new changes regarding his weapons, taunts and playstyle. If Waluigi gets hit during his moves that utilize weapons, like his F-Smash or Fair, those weapons will be dropped on the ground, and Waluigi will be uncapable of using those moves without them. To get them back, you have to walk up to the weapons and use your grab. If you lose your weapons off-stage, you have to trigger the 2x boosts in order to get them back ( another reason why you need meter ).The following options is the way how Waluigi´s items work when picked up by an opponent.

Tennis Racket: An slightly stronger Fan
Baseball Bat: Home-Run bat.
Hammer: Hammer
Vine Whip ( Angry Cheater´s Up Smash ): Beam Sword
Wrenches ( TC´s UpSmash and AC´s hammer ): Pokeballs

Current moveset changes:
Dash Attack: It travels 1/10th Final Destination distance. It is really meant to look like a piss-poor Shoulder Dash.
F-Smash: Damage and knockback power cut by half, except on the tip of the move. This is really meant to be a pitiful move unless you space it well. It´s not a very good idea to lose the bat, since Waluigi has, as the Tricky Cheater, more moves that utilize the bat.
U-Smash: The amount of times Waluigi spins his head depends on the time you charged the move. When fully charged, he quickly spins 3 times. This move starts combos pretty nicely, but at lower percentages like 5 or 10 %, the move´s lag is longer than the hitstun the foe endures, so you must know when to use it.
D-Smash: Waluigi can move slightly during the move´s duration. This isn´t that useful though. It´s a cheap gimmick that you may find quite interesting, especially because of the move´s long duration

Uair: Waluigi performs Wario´s clapping, except he does it with his legs. One of the few aerials Waluigi can use to combo.
Dair: Stall-time is shortened

Trick or Trick: Start-up lag for Hammer throw decreased.When Waluigi tosses the hammer, he has to pick it up again. If you hit the opponent, the hammer drops immediatly after hitting them, which means they can pick it up if they block the move or are faster than Waluigi. You can´t just throw this move randomly. In addition, unless you are very far from the edge, it´s likely the hammer will fly off-stage if you miss, which means you won´t be using it again unless you trigger a meter burst.

Tricky Cheater

Now that the meter buffs work separately from Down-B, Waluigi, when using Tricky Cheater, has gained the old moveset of the Angry Cheater. Since that moveset didn´t quite demonstrated Waluigi´s anger, but instead his tricks and gimmicks, i decided that the Angry Cheater should have a fitting moveset while the Tricky Cheater would be true to his namesake. Tricky Cheater´s moveset is the exact same moveset as the old Angry Cheater moveset, with a few differences
U-tilt: Waluigi´s uppercut still has the lightning effects. However, it only deals 10% damage.
F-tilt: Waluigi´s new f-tilt consists of him stretching his arm forward and poking the opponent, dealing 8%
Dash Attack: Waluigi performs his WhirLuigi move without a tornado, no launch resistance and with a lot less distance. 10%

F-Smash: Waluigi starts charging with his arms on the side of his body, and then, out of nowhereopolis, produces a construction excavator much bigger than the Gold Mantis above and strikes the opponent with an quick stab. This move has, by far, the most range out of every single of Waluigi´s non-projectile moves, and, despite being an item, cannot be dropped or used by an opponent. This move is also surprisingly fast and strong. However, it has a big blind spot on it´s front, and requires a very specific spacing. It´s very unlikely you will ever have the chance to land this. 30%

U-Smash: Using a purple wrench, Waluigi swings it above himself in an arc in a way that does a rainbow path above him. A great anti-air, this move has mediocre power, and it´s bad at pretty much everything else. Slow, short horizontal range and laggy. 15%
Nair: Waluigi enters a stiff pose with his arms and legs stretched, and spins. If he hits an opponent, he will drag the opponent along with him to whatever direction he goes. 2% per hit, 16% damage.
Dair: Waluigi turns upside-down completely and dives, spinning himself along the way. This move is a very unusual meteor. If Waluigi hits the ground, he suffers from an unusually long landlag. However, he still spins for a slight bit when he hits the ground, which creates a slight hitbox around him. However, if he performs this move off-stage, he will spin until he is at an place below the edge. At that point, Waluigi will realise his mistake and flail around desperately until he dies or hits an opponent. 2% per spin, 13% if the desperate Waluigi strikes an opponent.
His B-throw can be interrupted and his D-throw deals 18% damage.

Angry Cheater:

Since the Tricky Cheater stole his moveset, Waluigi needed a new moveset for the Angry Cheater, one that reflected Waluigi´s mental state during the move better. These moves represent an angry,desperate Waluigi who is pulling no punches (if he ever pulled any ) towards defeating his opponents. This is the moveset where he brings the weapons.

Jab: Waluigi performs a single swing with his tennis racket. This move cannot be used to retrieve weapons, and it´s not very good as an attack. instead, it´s main use is to reflect projectiles. It will reflect every projectile that is not an item or a fully-charged projectile like Mewtwo´s Shadow Ball, Mega Man´s fully charged Buster Shot, or ZSS´s Paralyzer. Waluigi can also use this to send his projectiles even farther, altough you must be careful to not be hit by them. 7%
F-tilt: Waluigi´s old f-tilt can now be rapid-fired, like Chun-Li´s Lightning Kick and Fox´s infinite. This rapidly loses power until the kicks deal 2% damage.
U-tilt: Waluigi does a Tiger Knee-esque move where he jumps with his knee sticking out. The knockback isn´t that good, but the damage is slighty surprising for such a weak move. The range is very short, which is not good for a character like Waluigi. 13%
D-tilt: The old Shin Breaker
Dash Attack: His old Dash Attack is now unblockable, but it loses it´s stun abilities

F-Smash: The old Angry Cheater spin kick

U-Smash: The old Megastrike whip.
D-Smash: Waluigi claps his legs left and right. It looks funny, but it´s not that great overall. 18%
Nair: Waluigi performs a one-handed, axe-handle attack with his baseball bat. Mediocre range, surprisingly good combo ability. 13%

Fair: The PSA´s fair, where Waluigi kicks forward with his legs stretched. 12%
Bair: Waluigi performs a magnificently gay pose by swinging one of his legs upward while stiffening his body. A hard to land juggler. 9&
Uair: Waluigi swings his tennis racket above his head, with a rainbow following it for absolutely no logical reason. Pretty standard move, except that, if you hit with the last rainbow hitbox, the move becomes extremely strong, being able to easily score a vertical KO. 10% normally, 20% with rainbow sweetspot.

Dair: Assist Trophy stomp. However, the move has gained a lot more lag, which prevents it from being that useful
Zair: Waluigi lashes out his thorn whip. It covers a long distance, but it sucks at everything else. It´s best to control space while Waluigi is in air, and it´s probably your most reliable move. 9%

Throws: For his grab, Waluigi lashes out his thorn whip forward. If he succeds at grabbing the opponent, he will bring them closer to him while still in the whip. Waluigi´s opponents can break away during some of his throws.
Pummel: Waluigi slams the opponent on the ground. Overly brutal animation. Deals 7% damage. But it´s awfully slow. At lower percentages it´s basically a throw, if Waluigi has time to land it. But remember, this is still a pummel, which means that, after it, Waluigi can still execute another throw.
F-throw: Waluigi spins the opponent once and tosses them away. Not as strong as it seems, but not that weak too. 10%
B-throw: Waluigi climbs on the opponent´s shoulders and kicks them away. Since they are still trapped in the whip, the foe is placed in a tech-chase. This is possibly the only throw that the opponent can break away during the throw. If you land this on an edge, the opponent falls for their doom. 5%
U-throw: Waluigi, still holding the whip, jumps and brings the foe to the air with him. Since Waluigi falls before the opponent, this gives Waluigi a brief time to combo the opponent. That is, if the foe doesn´t break free. This move deals no damage
D-throw: Waluigi simply drops the whip and tackles the opponent, nose first. This move happens so quickly that the opponent doesn´t even have the time to break free. 6%

Neutral B: Superstar Barrier

Waluigi holds his hand in front of him, and stays in place; If struck by any projectile ( except, again, for fully charged ones ), Waluigi will perform an action, depending on the type of projectile

• If the projectile is an transcendent/energy based one, Waluigi will use an baby Washi/Boshi in order to eat the projectile. Waluigi has 3 options. 1: The baby Boshi spits the projectile back at the opponent. 2: Waluigi can throw the baby Boshi at the opponent. If he does this, the baby dissapears after being hit. 3: Baby Boshi will swallow the projectile. After 5 projectiles, the baby Boshi matures into a full grown Boshi. When this happens, Waluigi will be able to ride it. When riding it, the Waluigi/Boshi can jump, bite the opponent and kick it. After 5 seconds, the Boshi gets tired of being ridden by a scowling Waluigi and jumps off-screen. These two are not invincible. If you hit them, Waluigi wil take no damage, but Boshi will instantly leave. You can only use the Baby Boshi once.
  • If the projectile is an transcendent/energy one and Waluigi has already used Boshi, he will try to catch it, only to toss it on the ground in front of him. Probably the worst attempt at reflecting something.
  • If the projectile is an item, Waluigi will catch it, throw it up, and slam it away with his baseball bat. If the item is an explosive, the explosive will backfire on Waluigi´s face as soon as he slams it, dealing half of the item´s damage to Waluigi. In addition, he will also drop the bat. If the item is a large item like an Crate or Wario´s Bike, Waluigi will be flattened in a similar way to Flat Wario in Wario Land, altough he won´t take damage

Side-B: Creepy Scurry:
In an insanely bizarre manner, Waluigi crouches down on all-fours, creates the 4-arm machine on his back and scurries along the ground like an oversized spider. When the opponent is hit by this move, they will trip, and Waluigi will have the opportunity to attack. Probably the creepiest and bizarre move in Waluigi´s arsenal, and that´s saying a lot.

( image does not illustrate the move )

Up-B: Bob-omb Blaster: Waluigi pulls a big, rocket shaped backpack with a pipe on top. The machine is loaded with 20 bob-ombs.From then on, you can do one of the following
  • By jumping, the rocket backpack creates a propulsion underneath Waluigi that sends him straight upwards, with no horizontal distance. This move cannot be used after your Bob-omb stock is finished. Each jump costs Waluigi 2 bob-ombs
  • A: The machine will spawn a Bob-omb for Waluigi to throw on the opponent.
  • B: This move can only be done on the ground. When he does this, he sticks the backpack to the ground and can command the backpack to shoot bob-ombs from that position. He can shoot by pressing Up-B while in Angry Cheater mode. When he performs the motion while the backpack is in the ground, Waluigi presses a button in a remote control to launch the Bob-Omb. He can also rapid-fire the Bob-Omb. If the opponent hits Waluigi while he presses the button, the controller will explode, damaging both Waluigi and the opponent. This isn´t the worst thing to worry about. After it explodes, the Bob-omb blaster will start to fire bob-ombs randomly before exploding. The blaster can endure up to 30% damage, but Waluigi can pick it up before the opponent has the chance to destroy it. He can plant it again. Picking it up does not refresh the Bob-omb count. You only have access to one blaster. The Bob-ombs deal 20%, the controller explosion deal 5%, the blaster explosion deals 60% damage.
And, finally, the last part of this insanity, Waluigi´s taunts:
This taunt acts like an counter. If struck during the spinning part, Waluigi will perform,well, this.
The Waa attack from the PSA hack. The move is drastically weaker though, dealing 15% damage and with slightly less power. However, there is a very small chance that the move will deal 1% damage and One-hit KO the opponent, but don´t rely on it.

This taunts adds energy to Waluigi´s speed burst.

And this taunt adds energy to Waluigi´s power burst.

Tell me what you think about this.

Last edited:

Jhonnykiller45

Smash Journeyman
If Waluigi is really going to be like this in game, I think he'll crack middle tier for sure.
Or even better, Waluigi gets in and is top tier, but not only that, Wario also keeps his spot in the top aswell.
Doubles tourneys with Wa/Waa would be the ****.

oh and
Pros
  • He is Waluigi
11/10
also
try to put your moveset info inside of spoilers, Waa, I don't get me wrong it is awesome but I think it's pretty damn big and right now is taking way too much space in this page of the thread

D

Deleted member

New vid, finally.

WARNING! This video contains so much Waluigi that it may be too much for our weak human minds to handle. Viewer discretion is advised.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
WAA...AA

Waluigi is awesome in Brawl in the Family, but not important in any games. He isn't even in all of the sports games. I really doubt he'll be in.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Whatever you do, just don't spam WAA like that.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
This Just in: Waa Street smashes the Stock Market with rampant overinflation, the Waa Standard reaching its lowest point ever with a negative value. That's right, you can make someone lose money by yelling at them. They brought back coin mode.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I've always been a huge fan of Waluigi and he gets my support, but when I look at the reality of things, he probably will end up a Assist Trophy again, unfortunately, I always thought even Rosalina had a better chance of being added and I was right.

Therefore what I'd like to see is the next best thing, a color scheme of Waluigi and who better to have his color scheme than Wario!

I know he's not Waluigi, but I feel this is the closest we are going to get to getting Waluigi added as a playable character, at least Wario kind of looks like him and acts like in which Luigi doesn't with his Waluigi color scheme in Brawl.

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
I've always been a huge fan of Waluigi and he gets my support, but when I look at the reality of things, he probably will end up a Assist Trophy again, unfortunately, I always thought even Rosalina had a better chance of being added and I was right.

Therefore what I'd like to see is the next best thing, a color scheme of Waluigi and who better to have his color scheme than Wario!

I know he's not Waluigi, but I feel this is the closest we are going to get to getting Waluigi added as a playable character, at least Wario kind of looks like him and acts like in which Luigi doesn't with his Waluigi color scheme in Brawl.
I doubt Wario will have a Waluigi color scheme, since Luigi already has one.

Also, Wario doesn't even "kinda" look like Waluigi.

D

Deleted member

I'm going to be real honest, and say that a Waluigi colored Wario doesn't look anymore like Waluigi than a Waluigi colored Luigi does.
There are too many differences between Wario and Waluigi (aside from the obvious body frame) to see it.

TeamFlareZakk

You do know that Luigi has a Waluigi color scheme in Brawl, right?

I do know that, but it doesn't satisfy me like say if Wario had it, Wario has a better resemblance to Waluigi than Luigi does.

Compare them side by side, who looks more like Waluigi?

I'm not saying cut Luigi's color scheme, I'm pretty much say saying add a Waluigi color scheme to Wario, after all if you look at Waluigi's name it's Wario and Luigi combined.

TeamFlareZakk

Well, Waluigi doesn't necessarily have the history in Nintendo to help him get a spot on the roster, so therefore we should probably support Wario getting a Waluigi color scheme.

I think Wario and Waluigi are very much the same thing enough for Wario to have a Waluigi color scheme, @GoldenYuiitusin if you don't like the idea, then you don't have to use it, but I rather play as Wario with Waluigi color scheme than Luigi.

D

Deleted member

Saying Wario and Waluigi are near the same is like saying Mario and Luigi are the near same.
(Maybe bad example because unlike the WAs, M+L are pretty much the same with slight differences.)

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
I would rather play as Waluigi than Wario with a Waluigi color scheme. I don't really a give a **** about color schemes.

Waluigi not having "enough history in Nintendo" is not a problem. Just look at Rosalina. The problem is that Mario probably won't get any more reps.

TeamFlareZakk

Saying Wario and Waluigi are near the same is like saying Mario and Luigi are the near same.
(Maybe bad example because unlike the WAs, M+L are pretty much the same with slight differences.)
Actually it's true, Mario and Luigi are pretty much the same thing except with a few slight differences, in Super Mario World, Luigi was basically Mario with a green palette swap and even Peach calls him Mario when he saves her at the end of the game.

The same thing applies with Wario and Waluigi because in Mario Tennis, Waluigi was created to be Wario's partner to battle Mario and Luigi.

Another thing worth mentioning is Wario and Waluigi are both arch rivals with Mario and Luigi and it makes sense since Wario is a villain rep that he plays the part of a villain who doesn't quite make the cut, but should be represented, that being Waluigi.

Luigi vs Luigi with Waluigi color scheme is Link vs Dark Link if you ask me as opposed to being similar to Mario vs Wario in which if Luigi was fighting Wario with a Waluigi color scheme, it would work better because Wario is supposed to be the antagonist, not Luigi, and there's the fact that Wario is in the game to use for such a thing.

D

Deleted member

Actually it's true, Mario and Luigi are pretty much the same thing except with a few slight differences, in Super Mario World, Luigi was basically Mario with a green palette swap and even Peach calls him Mario when he saves her at the end of the game.

The same thing applies with Wario and Waluigi because in Mario Tennis, Waluigi was created to be Wario's partner to battle Mario and Luigi.

Another thing worth mentioning is Wario and Waluigi are both arch rivals with Mario and Luigi and it makes sense since Wario is a villain rep that he plays the part of a villain who doesn't quite make the cut, but should be represented, that being Waluigi.

Luigi vs Luigi with Waluigi color scheme is Link vs Dark Link if you ask me as opposed to being similar to Mario vs Wario in which if Luigi was fighting Wario with a Waluigi color scheme, it would work better because Wario is supposed to be the antagonist, not Luigi, and there's the fact that Wario is in the game to use for such a thing.
No, same thing does not apply to Wario and Waluigi.
Luigi started off as a palette swap. Waluigi didn't.

Wario is also not a villain; he's an anti-hero. He started as a villain, then branched off on his own. In Brawl, he represents what he has become rather than his origin. This is why he's wearing his biker clothes by default and has a zany style that could only be linked to WarioWare, something Waluigi can't logicially replicate since he's never been in a WarioWare game.

With that in mind, Luigi vs. Wario in a Waluigi color scheme is not even close to Luigi vs. Waluigi. It's just Luigi vs. an acrobatic fatass that bites people, rides motorcycles and farts while sporting the color scheme of Waluigi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom