• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Waluigi - Everyone Else Cheated! (Assist Trophy Confirmed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Prima Guides for Mario Kart Double Dash and Mario Kart Wii state Waluigi runs a motor oil company.

One of his signature weapons in Mario Kart Arcade GP 2 is a purple wrench.

....Waluigi should be designed as a mechanic, complete with grease marks on his face.
Maybe even to tie him into WarioWare series by being the guy that keeps uptake on Wario's bike.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Prima Guides for Mario Kart Double Dash and Mario Kart Wii state Waluigi runs a motor oil company.

....Waluigi should be designed as a mechanic, complete with grease marks on his face.
Maybe even to tie him into WarioWare series by being the guy that keeps uptake on Wario's bike.
Fascinating.
My image of Waluigi is a that he's a bit more sophisticated and more of a romantic. But I'm sure something like that could be done well too.

Manny Toons

Smash Journeyman
I feel that Waluigi's already set when it comes to an established personality, with a more fleshed out one than almost any other Mario character. I believe that if Waluigi were to simply be a playable character in a game that is not considered a spin-off, a boss battle in a mainline Mario game, or make an appearance in WarioWare, he'd immediately reach "shoe-in" status for Smash Bros.. Nothing is holding him back other than that silly "spin-off-only character" status that he has. If Super Smash Bros. were to put more of an emphasis on the (pretty damn important) spin-off portion of the Super Mario series with playable characters rather than just a few stages, Waluigi would most likely be added. But until Waluigi is actually used in games that are not affiliated with sports nor are "party" titles, he'll have a tough time getting in. It's a shame, really.

EDIT: Now that I think it about it, Waluigi pretty much is a mechanic (and I guess an inventor to some extent). They could easily implement that characteristic into the WarioWare series. I would really like to know why... just why is Waluigi being left out of it. Though I'd prefer to see him appear as a Player 2 type of character in Wario Land. I looove me some Wario Land. Playable Waluigi would make it 10 times better.

The day Waluigi becomes relevant to games other than the spin-off titles will be the happiest day in my gaming career.

Last edited:

Game&Watcher

Smash Ace
NNID
GameAndWatcher96
I feel that Waluigi's already set when it comes to an established personality, with a more fleshed out one than almost any other Mario character. I believe that if Waluigi were to simply be a playable character in a game that is not considered a spin-off, a boss battle in a mainline Mario game, or make an appearance in WarioWare, he'd immediately reach "shoe-in" status for Smash Bros.. Nothing is holding him back other than that silly "spin-off-only character" status that he has. If Super Smash Bros. were to put more of an emphasis on the (pretty damn important) spin-off portion of the Super Mario series with playable characters rather than just a few stages, Waluigi would most likely be added. But until Waluigi is actually used in games that are not affiliated with sports nor are "party" titles, he'll have a tough time getting in. It's a shame, really.

EDIT: Now that I think it about it, Waluigi pretty much is a mechanic (and I guess an inventor to some extent). They could easily implement that characteristic into the WarioWare series. I would really like to know why... just why is Waluigi being left out of it. Though I'd prefer to see him appear as a Player 2 type of character in Wario Land. I looove me some Wario Land. Playable Waluigi would make it 10 times better.

The day Waluigi becomes relevant to games other than the spin-off titles will be the happiest day in my gaming career.
I believe Waluigi is left out of the WarioWare/Land series because he's not that division's character or something. Despite this, I hope they adopt him into the series eventually.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019

here you go man feel free to use it :)

D

Deleted member

And thus what was pretty much inevitable when Rosalina was revealed is now official.

I've known this was going to happen for quite a while, and yet a part of me still died inside tonight.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
"Just because you try hard doesn't mean you'll make it into the battle."

hahaha.. what does this mean, Sakurai??

Steelia

Smash Champion
"Just because you try hard doesn't mean you'll make it into the battle."

hahaha.. what does this mean, Sakurai??
R.I.P. Waluigi the Try-Hard. Definitely a curious choice of words from Sakurai. Sounds like Waluigi's support is being acknowledged, if only bluntly.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
If you have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all. I have no problem handing out infractions for those who came here to troll, same goes for any future de-confirmed characters.

Waluigi always made me laugh, so at the very least I would hope to see Assist Trophies get a personality boost like the playable characters have such as Dedede.

Last edited:

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
R.I.P. Waluigi the Try-Hard. Definitely a curious choice of words from Sakurai. Sounds like Waluigi's support is being acknowledged, if only bluntly.

I was wondering that.. like was it a response to the character being a try-hard or the fanbase? I can't imagine Sakurai being mean, so I'll go with the former since Waluigi is a character treated with a certain sense of humor anyway. It's unfortunate he's not playable but it's great to see him back in action. I just wish they'd give him some actual hands.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Can't say I didn't see this coming.

Still, sorry for your loss, guys...

Steelia

Smash Champion
I was wondering that.. like was it a response to the character being a try-hard or the fanbase? I can't imagine Sakurai being mean, so I'll go with the former since Waluigi is a character treated with a certain sense of humor anyway.
I don't think that was the intent, it sounds more like serious Japanese talk or something. "Sometimes you do your best but it just isn't enough. gg Waluigi"

Definitely agreed on the hands though, lol :upsidedown:

Last edited:

MasterMushroom

Smash Journeyman
image.jpg

I said it once, and I'll say it again

It beats being replaced as an assist trophy with someone else from the franchise. Many other characters never got their opportunity to shine as an AT even; and other potential ones have been replaced or are in the process of being replaced. If anything, his mii verse post shows that he knows the existence of the Brawl mod that allows ATs like Waluigi to be playable.

But of course, every person from this site and beyond from other well known sites will just come here to gloat to make said supporters look bad. If anything, just remind them of this tidbit and leave it at that. In the end of the day, they'll look like lunatics desperate to bait people that they'll be talking to themselves due to the lack of attention that's being given to them

My two cents

Last edited:

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
I would like to say a few words in honor of our dearly departed.

Waluigi, though he were not among my favorite Mario characters, it saddens me to know that I will not be able to Smash with the lanky purple trickster.

I knew what his fate was ahead of time, but a small part of me wished it were not so. That small part has felt a great kick. A kick from the stone cold boots of rejection, delivered straight from the greatly respected Sakurai.

It is at this moment, that I truly realize how much I wanted Wally in this game. And have suddenly come to appreciate him a little more, and might opt to play as him in other games.

But for now, his fate is assisting my battles, or aiding my enemies. I vow to respect him whenever he may be summoned to the great fray we fight in. Whether it be my ally, or my enemy.

Waluigi, may your name go down in Smash Bros history as the greatest assist ever known.

"Here lies Waluigi: he tried hard."

:(

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
Upon my observations of the initial reactions to the recent turn-of-events tonight, it is shamefully petty how many have decided to take satisfaction out of spiting Waluigi supporters. It is one manner to playfully jest about the situation in good spirit, but another entirely to make it so personally vindictive.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
I really don't like Waluigi, but I offer my condolences for you guys, especially since I supported his inclusion over Rosalina's. The fact that you all had to wait it out this long until the official nail in the coffin probably only made it that much worse.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
While I can't say I supported Waluigi, I know how much it hurts to have your favorite character deconfirmed like this. My deepest apologies guys.

bobadz

Smash Ace
It was inevitable especially with Rosalina's inclusion. Going through this thread made me realize how much more popular waluigi is now compared to how he was when brawl was in development. I remember everyone bashing Waluigi and his supporters.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
My condolences to Waluigi's supporters.

It was a fun journey filled with laughs, hatebases and WAAA though.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I offer no condolences.

Another character that had no shot officially out.
Enjoy your infraction dude. You deserve it for being rude. May I hope your favorite character get deconfirmed and someone attack their thread.

He's not among my favorite Mario characters, but I had no idea how much I supported his inclusion until tonight. He's a very funny character with a great idea behind him. It's just a shame that the spin-off portion of Mario gets no love.

Maybe we'll get him next game. Or better yet we'll get a Waluigi spin-off and we'll suddenly have a reason for him to get into rep the Mario spin-offs like he rightfully deserves too.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Yeah, big bummer you guys! Maybe next time? Just gotta keep fighting the good fight, Waluigi's not going anywhere in Mario sports! Keep rocking the support!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom