• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wafa? Wefe? It's WiFi baby!

Kelexo

Smash Journeyman
I really hope the 'With Friends' isn't just with a random friend on your list like it was in Mario Kart DS (I think), otherwise that could ruin some chances of online tournaments (Y'know, with a forum of people who add each other and fight in a certain order just for the hell of it) [EDIT: Nevermind, you can choose who to battle, and how many people it is. I can see it now.]

However this IS an awesome update, I'm glad the Wi-Fi is even THIS good regardless of how much more people expected. I can't wait to start some random battles. I'll whoop the mediocre players and be creamed by the superior, it's all good.

I'm surprised no one but a few noted the 'Selecting Stage' thing. If they implement the same thing as in Mario Kart DS, that'd be pretty cool...but does this mean we'll be forced to play a level we hate? Will any level be selectable? Will there only be one match?

And, one big question is items. In or out? Can you choose so on the 'With Friends' option? So far, none of the screenshots seem to include any items, and I'd be okay without them. It's probably the best idea, but I have a feeling they will be added in, and many people will hate that.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
will a LAN (linksys for example) Work for Wifi because this is the only way I can get Online wireless for the Wii......(if this was a noobish question I apologize) XDD

Shadow_Kirby

Smash Apprentice
Wi-fi Play!!!

Yes!! Finally!! And that thing about more wi-fi services that brings back my idea for a brawl shop online you use the points that you earn in the game. You could by new game modes, items, or maybe even characters.
Best update
Ever!!

krynny

Smash Cadet
wow, the update we have all been waiting for!

i wonder if there is a sensor to stop you from putting bad words in your taunt?

i cant wait to play all my friends while they are at different colleges.

Shadow_Kirby

Smash Apprentice
I really hope the 'With Friends' isn't just with a random friend on your list like it was in Mario Kart DS (I think), otherwise that could ruin some chances of online tournaments (Y'know, with a forum of people who add each other and fight in a certain order just for the hell of it) [EDIT: Nevermind, you can choose who to battle, and how many people it is. I can see it now.]

However this IS an awesome update, I'm glad the Wi-Fi is even THIS good regardless of how much more people expected. I can't wait to start some random battles. I'll whoop the mediocre players and be creamed by the superior, it's all good.

I'm surprised no one but a few noted the 'Selecting Stage' thing. If they implement the same thing as in Mario Kart DS, that'd be pretty cool...but does this mean we'll be forced to play a level we hate? Will any level be selectable? Will there only be one match?

And, one big question is items. In or out? Can you choose so on the 'With Friends' option? So far, none of the screenshots seem to include any items, and I'd be okay without them. It's probably the best idea, but I have a feeling they will be added in, and many people will hate that.
He said there is more to it!

Kelexo

Smash Journeyman
Hm, true. Maybe a 'no items' and 'items' mode? Or something of that nature. Who knows, but it'll work out in the end, I'm assured.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
will a LAN (linksys for example) Work for Wifi because this is the only way I can get Online wireless for the Wii......(if this was a noobish question I apologize) XDD
srry if this was off topic and If im not suppossed to quote my own comments I apologize...but IF ANYONE can give me the answer to this plz let me kno by PM...ok now I go back on topic (^^)v

AtticusFinch

Smash Journeyman
I think you'll only be able to edit items and what not during friend on friend matches, like in mario soccer ^^

But amazing update, what can the rest of the week hold? I have WiFi, and I hope i won't have to much lag, I want to play against my friend in maryland (I live in Louisiana)

Meet yall later onine

~Atticus~

Edit:

Look how many friends he has added! 64! That's awsome, 3/64 friends online, he most have some lame frineds XD

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
I think you'll only be able to edit items and what not during friend on friend matches, like in mario soccer ^^

But amazing update, what can the rest of the week hold? I have WiFi, and I hope i won't have to much lag, I want to play against my friend in maryland (I live in Louisiana)

Meet yall later onine

~Atticus~

Edit:

Look how many friends he has added! 64! That's awsome, 3/64 friends online, he most have some lame frineds XD
awww dude...thats not cool....at least he does have some friends XD

BoG

Smash Journeyman
Love it, love it, love it, love it, love it + 18.
Though, I hate this-

The portraits by the icon.... it is just too much clutter, I liked the melee HUD more.

Kurizu208

Smash Journeyman
I think Falcon is either this week or next week. He should definatly be the next character though.
i'm thinking any character previously unlockable will be unlockable again. we may get one more new character to the starting lineup. but what we got on the dojo pretty much is the starting line up.

anywho, yay wifi. looks pretty neat. not as fancy as others but will work.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
Though, I hate this-

The portraits by the icon.... it is just too much clutter, I liked the melee HUD more.
what u mean u dont like the Picture and name next to the damage counter?

well. I'm happy.

This update can't be beat. Honestly.
watch Sakurai reveal a new challenger this week and it was one that u wanted...XDD

Leobenmc

Smash Journeyman
Ooo, don't know if it's been mentioned - but what's the likelihood of the "Tournament" Mode from Melee being online.
16 player Tournament mode...
and you all play your rounds together, or watch others if you 2/4 finish early, and the winner gets a sticker that can only be earned through winning an Online Tournament?

EDIT: Just pondering over the "We’re planning a number of services that make use of Wi-Fi, but we’ll reveal them gradually with the other modes." Quote

Ryudragon29

Smash Journeyman
It kind of suck for those who were Nsiders, I wanted to see their reaction but the forums is closed. Oh well, this is going to be my new hangout place. :p

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
It kind of suck for those who were Nsiders, I wanted to see their reaction but the forums is closed. Oh well, this is going to be my new hangout place. :p
well then welcome to smashboards (^^)v

I wonder if you get ranked on a leader board? Or if there is tounaments every saterday? and stuff like that.
If there is a tournament online.....will they're be banned stages?????

METROID MAN

Smash Journeyman
Though, I hate this-

I thibk that once you play it, youll find it's better!
IT ONLY LOOKS A BIT CLUTTERED BECAUSE...

1: THE STAGE IS TILTED FOR THE PIC

2: MARIO IS BIG-I-FIED

3: MORE THAN ONE PERSON IS TAUNTING

4: REMEMBER, IT STILL MAY CHANGE!

Sandy

Smash Champion
Do you honestly think if there was a ranking system and possibly even voice chat, they would release it with the wi-fi update? That would be too big of a jump and they know that. Just like characters, they introduce their name, then go into detail about their personal special moves later on in other updates.

No records is GOOD for those medium to almost pro players. then you can play for fun and no pressure. and that means A LOT less dropped players.

METROID MAN

Smash Journeyman
well then welcome to smashboards (^^)v

If there is a tournament online.....will they're be banned stages?????

good idea! In real life most of the "crazy stages" are banned right? Well, for your average joe online tounament, i dont think certain stages will be blocked.

Unless certain "graphic imtense stages" arent online at ALL!

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
good idea! In real life most of the "crazy stages" are banned right? Well, for your average joe online tounament, i dont think certain stages will be blocked.

Unless certain "graphic imtense stages" arent online at ALL!
NOOOOO!!! I DONT WANT BANNED STAGES!!!!!!!:cry::cry::cry:

A true Smasher is one who will overcome anything in his/her way....even stage obstacles...at least that what i think....

Leobenmc

Smash Journeyman
...This Update also confirms Tennis Racket in Peach's FSmash :p

Banned stages in Tournaments...hmm

What if, you can set up a Friends Tournament which automatically invites everyone on your Friends List with a Date and Time you specify? And you can set up YOUR OWN Tournament with YOUR OWN rules?

The message will be sent to everyone's Wiis, and be something similar to:

"Hello <Name of Friend>,
<Name of Tournament Creator> has invited you to a Super Smash Brothers Brawl Online Tournament!
The Rules are:
4 Stock
All Stages Allowed - Random
All Items On
Please be online in the SSBB Lobby on <Date of Tournament> at <Time>!"

METROID MAN

Smash Journeyman
NOOOOO!!! I DONT WANT BANNED STAGES!!!!!!!:cry::cry::cry:

A true Smasher is one who will overcome anything in his/her way....even stage obstacles...at least that what i think....

I agree with the last part, but im not a profesional, I also like to use items, especially the green shell, so i hope items are still in online!
OH NO! WHAT IF THEY AREN'T!:confused:

METROID MAN

Smash Journeyman
Thats Amazing!!!!

...This Update also confirms Tennis Racket in Peach's FSmash :p

Banned stages in Tournaments...hmm

What if, you can set up a Friends Tournament which automatically invites everyone on your Friends List with a Date and Time you specify? And you can set up YOUR OWN Tournament with YOUR OWN rules?

The message will be sent to everyone's Wiis, and be something similar to:

"Hello <Name of Friend>,
<Name of Tournament Creator> has invited you to a Super Smash Brothers Brawl Online Tournament!
The Rules are:
4 Stock
All Stages Allowed - Random
All Items On
Please be online in the SSBB Lobby on <Date of Tournament> at <Time>!"

that sounds freekin AMAZING! I hope that happens, but then again, im hoping a little too much.... I JUST NEED MORE FRIENDS!:confused::chuckle::confused:

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
I agree with the last part, but im not a profesional, I also like to use items, especially the green shell, so i hope items are still in online!
OH NO! WHAT IF THEY AREN'T!:confused:
they'll most likely be in it..... Im not a profession either as well...I just finally made it to beat three CPU's on level 4 In SSBM XDDD.....but yeah if they're is no banned stages..then I'll participate in tournament

ChozoChampion

Smash Apprentice
i hope tournament mode is an option but if u can't use names for the anyone mode then it might only be available to friend mode... which would be very disapointing to me.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
This update was beyond epic....it was...it was...SUPER epic!!!!!!

::busts a nutt in his pants::

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
Actually, if you look, one of his friends is listed as "Offline." Maybe 64 is the maximum amount of friends - total? =(
or maybe that's how many friends he has....but only three are online......if i just commented on something like this already Im a total Baka.... XDDDDDD:laugh:

krynny

Smash Cadet
i wonder if they will have some censor to stop ppl from outright spelling bad words for taunts.

Top Bottom