• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WABA - *Road To Apex* - $500+ Pot Bonus! - Less Than a Month Away!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vega4

Smash Ace
The stream has had nice quality at the tournaments before this, I bet it's just the internet's fault. Bad quality+no lag is better than lag+good quality IMO.
Perhaps, but that doesn't even look like 140p, you can barely see what's happening. I think that suck just as much as lag or not having a stream.
I say thanks again for trying to bring a stream, but I'm sorry, I can help it, I was hypped too much for this tournament, and that video quality just *@##$##$ !!!

Just ask people to donate their LTE or 3G data plan or something.

Scatz

Smash Champion
I knew the stream would have issues since the data plan given for the venue was complete garbage.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
ESAM waiting in GF

Ally waiting in LF

Seibrik jus beat Pwii in LQF

Pwii holding it TF down 4 tx!!!!

NickR vs sum1 in the 2nd LQF match

NVM Biglou vs Denti! I was wrong... I think?

Ok so big vs denti was sweet 16 & now its NickR vs Denti in LQF winner fights Seibrik

Denti vs Seibrik

Winner fights Ally(Ally beat Seibrik in Winners)

Denti exposing FL... we don't kno the OLI MU here apparently

:sonic:

:phone:

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Thanks for the stream, but...
WABA's stream sucks so hard. I'm so fuc*** mad, I can't believe that even today there in the USA they couldn't get a decent stream, even here in Latin America we get decent streams...
Something like that just kills all the hyppe, in that video you barely can see what's happening.
A great tournament deserves a at least a decent stream, I can't believe that even in these days a tournament that big can get a decent stream.

I'm sorry for saying this, but I was waiting this for so long, and as soon as I watched the stream I was like: WTF!!!!!!!!!!!
Here's the problem: a lot of people in the venue had access to the wifi and were using it. The stream got a lot better when we changed the wifi password and kicked everyone off but us. Don't blame it on the setup. The setup was excellent. We had very professional equipment and always tried to get the most hype matches and qualified commentators on the stream. M3troid worked on overlays for weeks before the tournament.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I believe pwii and nick riddle got 5th, shaky and biglou got 7th. Ryo, myself, mjg, and I think gdx got 9th, not sure on gdx though

SHAWDY

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShawdyLink
102 entrants
I'm proud of you for placing 37th bro. You have improved so much bro. Just keep practicing with that crew you were telling me about and you can get top 16 or maybe even top 8. Also great job on placing 1st seed in pools. I would have never made it out haha.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
For those who watched the stream did you guys like the HUD and Background? Or would a more traditional layout be better for the future?

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Every1 knew this was gonna be epic...

:sonic:

I can't wait 4 more vids

Were all the hype sets offstream recorded?

Lad

Smash Apprentice
I'm proud of you for placing 37th bro. You have improved so much bro. Just keep practicing with that crew you were telling me about and you can get top 16 or maybe even top 8. Also great job on placing 1st seed in pools. I would have never made it out haha.
Dunno if I got 37th and did not get first seed in pools.

F200172853

Smash Cadet
[F200172853=Fernando/ My tag was "Fern" at this tournament]

Overall, this was DEFINITELY worth my 23 dollars. lol

I got a lot of friendlies, and was able to learn the G&W and Peach MU.

Wish I could of played some people though. Needed help with Diddy.

Fun Games to:
Kman
Karin
2Link121
Zano
Denti
Uncle
aml
Kyon
iPresea~
Stockfield
GameDragonX
AwakenM.
Gadiel_VaStar
Dyno!
-----

I've got be honest though.

During time a little before pools, I became extremely tired.

Overall, my pool was actually really fun. I just became a little dismotivated in actual brackets, because the time and I was exhausted. lol

I didn't mind though, because I had easily already had gotten my money's worth. I got to lot a lot of friendly people, and got excellent experience.

I didn't get to play ESAM, Ally, or MJG though. I was about to play ESAM, but he was looking for his keys at the time.

Also.

@iPresea~: Sorry, lol. When we played I was little off. But you have a really good Pikachu! props.

----

I've also learned a very important lesson, it's not even about me adapting to people, I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY MATCH UPS RIGHT. Or, I will simply not win.

---

Oh yeah. Nice meeting others too, if I didn't mention. Such as Cam, didn't get to actually play him though. lol

Just let me know somehow which replays you want to record.

I still want to record WSF, LSF, WF, LF, and GF though. ;3

Also, I really like this tournament, and it was definitely worth the time and money.

I just wanted to mention. It'd be really nice if ASL and GA ever host another major tournament like this, if it is possible to be 2 days. Because over 100 entrants, is exhausting. lmao

Also, if on the schedule it could be clarified which time specific registration is. Because I read the registration part and showed up early, assuming it was signup for either one. But, Signups for Singles was about at 3:00 PM. Just for next time, because I won't be sure if I'll do doubles next time.
GGs everyone, and thanks!

*Cam*

Smash Lord
So all the matches will be posted on YouTube right?
I wanna see my puff

I was on some other **** this tourney.
Yes, keep a look out here for videos (GDX vs. Shadow1PJ should be finished uploading in 5 minutes): http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLABXYNrrhtBeM5lw2IFXRG-AXHMAEFKl7&feature=edit_ok

Also, here's the Google doc key we use to coordinate the uploading. I've changed the viewing options so that anyone who wants to monitor our progress can do so: https://docs.google.com/document/d/14-6nF6nViHvFkD_SPCJ7OEhqi5ZCqoJZ5wLuiGF2umE/edit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom