• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] The Perth Power Rankings ~NEW UPDATE 23/09/10~ Version 5.2

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
You're foolish for assuming that beating someone once immediately means you should be above them_ I have beaten everyone other than Sam at least a few times but that does not mean i should be above them in the tier list_ Or would you disagree_?

The point is that winning a handful of matches in comparison to a solid and above average number is completely different and both hold solid influence as to how a player is appropriately placed_ Also i would currently say that Kane comfortably owns most of you_ given a few more tournaments when his participation drops significantly then we will see a change_

Let go of your ego ladies it doesn't make your genitals grow any bigger_ Kane you will be missed_ ****er_

MTGod

Smash Champion
Guys, re-read the OP: remember, Power Rankings aren't supposed to be indicative of tournament placings, they are supposed to be indicative of player ability (and thus "likely" tournament placings)... Just because one tournament has an abnormal result such as a non WARP getting top 8, doesn't prove he deserves a higher place in the rankings as a number of factors could have come into play - hell, I placed 9th in the last tournament after playing 5 matches, and yet I also placed 9th in another tournament with equal participants after playing 3 matches...

Summary: stop getting greedy, people - it's unbecoming of you :D Be patient and have faith in your peers...

EDIT: I'm sure everyone is more than capable of assuming whether or not this post is directed at you :p

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
You're trolling wreaks of wigga Trill and if "Pete" put you up to it then you both are sad sad little men_ Now if you two where characters from the Wizard of Oz it would definitely be Scarecrow and Lion_ We're off to see the wizard, the wonderful wizard of OZ_!!

Trillest

Smash Ace
You're trolling wreaks of wigga Trill and if "Pete" put you up to it then you both are sad sad little men_ Now if you two where characters from the Wizard of Oz it would definitely be Scarecrow and Lion_ We're off to see the wizard, the wonderful wizard of OZ_!!
Does that make you Dorothy or the wicked witch of the west :D

Alzi

Smash Master
All i know is that i am the yellow brick road since i guide some perth members to Alzi Logic.

It's just the debate of Vlade and Ric being so dam close in skill level. Vlade and Ric skill's level are almost the same. I just want Ric to go above Vlade already lol.

Kane is only good because he uses OP characters like alot of people do in this game. :p Nah but seriously look at sam and his toon link actually a better example of Scabe and his Link. Link is such a terrible character yet scabe just ***** now if Scabe picked up metaknight ages ago he would of been even more ****.

I am going to use Metaknight next tournament i attend to prove this point. The point of how Metaknight is so OP then i am going to send OverSwarm my story and he can add it too his stuff.

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
Dorothy is an idiot trying to find her way home with her group of moronic freinds so Alzi would most likely fit the role_ Mic would be the Wizard of OZ, Marty could only be the Wicked witch of the West, Andy the monkeys, Sam would be the Tin Man and Alister would be the whole town of munchikins_ Don't know who would fit the description for Toto though_ Probably Glenn_

Alzi

Smash Master
In what way Kane?

I only really use metaknight in friendlies. The time has come that the best metaknight in perth comes out of it's cage and breaks out of his handcuffs and just breaks loose.

Ghnaschnakoff

Smash Journeyman
Buff said the exact same thing about maining MK. To prove his point that he's broken and some other stuff about Overswarm

Scabe

Successful Businessman
My MK is horrible :laugh:

I feel that my only good character and the only character I can play with is Link :bigthumbu

Muzga

Smash Ace
In what way Kane?

I only really use metaknight in friendlies. The time has come that the best metaknight in perth comes out of it's cage and breaks out of his handcuffs and just breaks loose.
Im guessing alzi pulls a trill

Alzi

Smash Master
I actually cbf playing metaknight in the tournament now since i want to use toon link.

But i will friendlie people with him.

MTGod

Smash Champion
I personally think Quetz should be added to the list of honourable mentions... Every match I've seen him against 5-10 ranked players has been extremely close, and whilst he doesn't win the set he usually takes a game...

Technodeath

Smash Champion
i think Techno also deserves an honourable mention. i mean i do alright against people starting to take a match from some of the ranked peeps. but mainly on the grounds of me travelling a lot to attend these things.

but that's just my opinion.

Alzi

Smash Master
All i can say is it would suck to be a panelist good lucky trying to change this in future as it will be EXTREMLY difficult.

True Romance

Smash Ace
The chances of this being updated before next tournament I assume would be next to none. Not that it matters any way, I talked to some of the PRankers and they said based on the current performances still you wont be top 10.

MTGod

Smash Champion
Not that it matters any way, I talked to some of the PRankers and they said based on the current performances still you wont be top 10.
Ouch; Kane don't bother with no sticks and stones, he just goes straight for the nukes ^^

Anyway, what I think Trill meant (from talking with him yesterday) was that after this next tournament the panel should at least try to rediscuss the PRs, especially since he is so sure that he's going to beat Vlade at OID1 ^^

Trillest

Smash Ace
The chances of this being updated before next tournament I assume would be next to none. Not that it matters any way, I talked to some of the PRankers and they said based on the current performances still you wont be top 10.
^^ when we let maths do the talking! Oh and Jesse has faith vlade(much love little buddy ^^) will go down

P.S. **** Namoi no love! Get at me!

MTGod

Smash Champion
So how do we give/is it possible to give community feedback and arguments about future movement in the current PRs (outside of the *****ing and whining :p)??? Moreover, is there any point in doing so (i.e. will our comments be instantly dismissed because we're not on the panel)???

It wasn't really clear in the OP (it just said "feel free to disagree" xD)

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
If you can post stuff that raises a valid point and back it up without *****ing and moaning then feel free to do so. If it is a valid point then it will be taken into consideration if we haven't already.

cHeWe

Smash Apprentice
dont see any point in changing power ranking yet, no massive changes really. maybe after another tournament or 2? unless somethign drastic hapens at next tournament?

MTGod

Smash Champion
Well, I'm conjuring up a suggestion or two, but I'd like to have a little bit more statistical evidence before I mention it ^^

Those who I'm thinking of better **** at OID :p

Alzi

Smash Master
Alzi and Andy need to both move up one.

But this is only if Muzga keeps repeating placing below us. I only went to one tournament last week and thats the one were he stuffed up and placed lower then us. So if he continues this he will go below us.

But i believe in Muzga and know that this Sunday he is going to play well.

Also these 3 people:

Trill, Jesse and Alex.

They really intrest me i think that one of them might make it one day in 10th spot. I was actually vsing lord bowser in a friendly and found out that he is at a good level of play. Before i thought that he didn't deserve 10th and someone else should take that spot but i actually realised how good he is. :p

Yeah tournaments are not the same either without ric or sam so even if you did place high last tournament and do this tournament coming up don't count it as somthing so special. Me coming second last tournament would never happen if Sam and ric were there and that might of changed even more if Kane or Glenn attended.

Just a quick question how long will kane be until he comes back? Would he drop down a few places if it's not anytime soon and once he comes back just re-add him in there somewhere after one tournament?

True Romance

Smash Ace
Ouch; Kane don't bother with no sticks and stones, he just goes straight for the nukes ^^
Obvious troll/lie is obvious :p

Watch Andy shred his way up the rankings, I told him the secret to ****** toon link (because I've been so successful at it in the past) so now he can't be beaten. And his dominance over MK will continue no doubt.

Buff will be top 10 soon, Jesse will probably be in there in the near future as well, especially if he learns that when you counter pick stages that give you the advantage or at least not give your opponent the advantage are ideal. With a bit more tourney exp I couldn't see any one keeping Josh out of the top 10 if he can be bothered with it.

I should be out of the top ten in a couple tourneys time, and under the current set of circumstances Sam and Ric should maintain their current pr positions despite the fact that normally their recent lack of rocking up would probably make them slump a bit (though Sam's probably been a bit too dominant in the past for a couple of wins by Alister with out his presence really change any thing).

Wish I could be at the next tourney, might try to see if I can get down to Perth the following one.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Techno said:
i think Techno also deserves an honourable mention. i mean i do alright against people starting to take a match from some of the ranked peeps. but mainly on the grounds of me travelling a lot to attend these things.

but that's just my opinion.
I know this is late but I feel bored and ripping something to shreds, so lets do so.

Although your point about you do take matches against ranked people it doesn't mean anything really. Many of us do it, Jesse takes matches off people, Graeme does, Bob, myself (South pride *****es), if that's the case it may be an idea to put in majority of the scene into honorable mentions.

As for travelling I admit it is a pain for you to do this, but remember it is your choice and people have done what they can before to help out such as free entry. But I don't think living away is a reason to be placed into a list.. And if you want to get really pedantic, it's Perth Power Rankings :p

As for me I feel like laying a few predictions in this list:

Moving Up:

Andeh: Just needs to stop a few silly mistakes, he's a very competent player

Trav: Despite he has never reached the ranks of when he first started he still plays extremely well and can play a wide range of characters, also with his knowledge of characters and stages he can counter pick to a better extent then most giving him the edge to beat those higher up

Moving Down:

Alzi: preoccupied with other things and his attendance is slipping, if he wishes to get serious about school he won't get as much practice

Andre: Despite he is a very competent player I haven't seen that much improvement from him as of late, while other peopling are getting better and learning how to deal with MK's alot better than before.

Glenn: Despite he plays a decent IC he is lately branching away from them, very often doesn't play seriously and relies wayyyyyyy to much on grabs and his dodge rolls are pretty easily predicted, he rarely ever desyncs or uses IC's other tactics.

Jupz: Never shows :p

Potential Candidates for Top 10:

Trill: Just a matter of time, plays a very nice ROB, just sometimes doesn't think for stage choice which can bite him bad, yet overall has potential

Graeme: Despite he's changed mains more time than I've cut my hair since joining the scene (3 trims compare to Zelda, ROB, Snake, G+W), he can still play all these characters well, his G+W rivals or is better than Travs, he can space very well and can predict upcoming moves. One of his major downflaws is not being serious enough, doesn't research enough and has trouble doing some tricks such as Dacus and never Bucket Breaks.

Jesse: Plays a great Lucas and has improved probably the most out of anyone in the past few months, he can recover well, uses his arsenal of moves nicely to avoid staleing, but has issues hitting that all important kill move and counterpicking stages.

Quetz: Plays a great Peach, spaces extremely well, reads opponents and is rather unpredictable. The biggest question is, is it because he's a good player, or no one really knows the Peach match up? Time will probably be the deciding factor on him

Edit: Wait this was my 1000th post? **** I WAS MEANT TO MAKE A JOKE IN IT ><

Technodeath

Smash Champion
Although your point about you do take matches against ranked people it doesn't mean anything really. Many of us do it, Jesse takes matches off people, Graeme does, Bob, myself (South pride *****es), if that's the case it may be an idea to put in majority of the scene into honorable mentions.

As for travelling I admit it is a pain for you to do this, but remember it is your choice and people have done what they can before to help out such as free entry. But I don't think living away is a reason to be placed into a list.. And if you want to get really pedantic, it's Perth Power Rankings :p
Marty cant handle a joke.

rofl.

i'm not really going to be attending anything unless there happens to be something on when i go to see Amy, and even then i probably wont go.

i cbf anymore with it.

Top Bottom