• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WA Power Rankings: August 2014 Update

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Yeah I teamed with Charles last GC. Why?

Panda, what tag do you go by? But yeah I think you're really solid. If you put in time, you could easily rank

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Wouldn't even need to put in that much time imo, Anthony as well as B-Mello/Oreo are worthy of PR just judging by skill level

well have jess post and see his stuff. the only thing i have that will help with those bottom placings from the bracket from my tourney was that zeru beat kline.

so do we all agree on tophs judgement for 4-6 then?

pandacheck

Smash Ace
thanks toph, and krynxe, but still, at least for myself i need them tourney results to get on PR not just off friendlies

so its lookin like

1. The one, the only, SILEEENT WEEEZZY
2. Baldwise
3. eggz
4. C!Z
5. Vish
6. Toph
7. DaPryme
8. Jew
9/10. Jem/Banana

where the brackets at kline

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
gc dude hasn't sent them. jess over jem. evan over jess. im positive that's how it should be. a single win over me...non ranked doesn't even make zeru eligible. I honestly don't know how that even came up.

but jem beat me and jess, them lost to jess, and jess beat me and placed third.

last gc I don't recall any thing that would alter placing. nate and chip obviously removed. but jess would be the only person who is eligible for that spot.

edit: jem too but jess beat him out head to head.

:phone:

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Wouldn't even need to put in that much time imo, Anthony as well as B-Mello/Oreo are worthy of PR just judging by skill level
they would need to outperform or directly beat pr members to be eligible. not just be pretty good skill wise.

edit: I guess or beat people who are also eligible. which would include zeru since he beat me after I beat evan in january.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
consistency is important but its harder to judge, especially when people on pr carry a certain weight, and even consistently placing or preforming just under whoever spot ten is won't get u considered without u in some way beating or out performing somebody on pr.

right now its only a question because chip and nate are being removed. if they weren't then pr members would have to lose to people not on pr.

@teddy-u mean at the february gc? my bad then. well I guess you just have to decide whether having more long term consistency plus beating me and getting 3rd or having lost 2-1 overall. personally I vote jess because I think he is a little better or at least more consistent over a much longer time. but you guys should probably vote (and see who they lost to.

Jem.

Smash Master
Well, when you think about the last two GC's, if you averaged the median of mine and Jess's placements (himself - 3rd and 11th if I'm correct, and myself 5th and 9th) they both average to 7th. So then head to head is pretty key. But we might be missing an important Jess win or something somewhere.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
yea that's pretty fair. most likely tho it will be more of a who you/him lost to kinda thing and whether or not knocking somebody out of the tournament means more than a win in winners. easily could be either one of you tho.

Well, when you think about the last two GC's, if you averaged the median of mine and Jess's placements (himself - 3rd and 11th if I'm correct, and myself 5th and 9th) they both average to 7th. So then head to head is pretty key. But we might be missing an important Jess win or something somewhere.
You should know by now that 11th is not a real placing lol. Also idk how you guys did the brawl pr, but here we know placings mean absolutely nothing. Its who you beat and who you lost to.

why dont you just try kline. you have no idea how fun this game really gets once you can do everything you want. plus you dont be doin ****

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
It's not a question of when Kline decides to do this or that. Kline has an ego and everybody in WA knows it and it makes Kline do silly things like worry about looking bad if he loses to this guy or that guy. And until he ditches the ego and realizes he isn't half as good as he thinks he is he isn't going anywhere.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
It's not a question of when Kline decides to do this or that. Kline has an ego and everybody in WA knows it and it makes Kline do silly things like worry about looking bad if he loses to this guy or that guy. And until he ditches the ego and realizes he isn't half as good as he thinks he is he isn't going anywhere.
I feel the same way about the OLD Toph. New Toph is much better though :)

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I played who I felt like playing at the otto's house tournament. I know how good/bad I am at the game. im just not as committed to the game atm. I don't think I really even want to play fox right now. notdropping him obviously but im probably not playing him for a little while.

xBananax

Smash Rookie
I don't know how far back to go, but here is my recent tourny placings so far as I can remember:

December GC: Defeated Ratking lost to ThePrime Defeated DMAC Lost to DJ Combo
Jan GC: Bye Lost to Jem Defeated Ox, Cat Physician, Bmello, Jem, Kaostar Lost to Juce
Feb GC: Defeated Master C Lost to Ciz Defeated (I honestly don't remember but waited for 2 hours until they got DQ'd) and lost to Jem.

If you want set counts I can post them as well. Any questions hit me up on FB because I never check SWF lol

Jem.

Smash Master
Word, I think the best thing anyone can do is ditch their ego. Having a lot of confidence is key in every set, but it's like people are afraid to say "I practiced, I tried in tournament, and lost" and need some excuse for their performance beyond that they weren't good enough. The excuses will only cloud up your vision of how you think of yourself in-game. If you know you got work to do, put it in to get better. People lose motivation, but for those who claim they are motivated want to be good etc, they check their ego at the door.

It's corny and from Brawl, but I feel like the words are good for anyone who is trying to be really good @ any competitive game.

MLG: Your performance was one of the most dominant in MLG Smash history, rivaling even Mew2King’s most impressive wins. You have generally been regarded as a top player, but you reached new levels in Dallas. What happened? Were you just playing on a whole other level?

Gnes: I think it’s more than just playing on another level; it’s breaking through that plateau that each of us have. Players get caught up on certain aspects of the game such as camping, but there comes a point where none of that even matters. You just play the game, the best you can, with all your heart, and win or lose you’re content with yourself because you played the best you could at the time. Nothing else was in my mind that day except for just trying my best, whatever happened, and luckily for me I won.

EDIT to Otto: Nah, those two GC's were the first two times I entered Melee in forever. I don't think doubles counts, but just incase it does, Felix and I got 2nd in teams that GC during Apex :p. 1 game away from getting first and eliminating Juce and Ratking ;(

jess' results make a good case for him imo. im pretty sure cat physician beat iceman that gc we were at apex and jess beat him. beating bmello is also impressive. they both beat kline (but who doesnt beat kline lol). also beating ratking is impressive as well.

got any more results jem? as it stands now id say

9. jess
10. jem

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
What characters do you guys want me to put for Jess/Jem btw? Jess = Fox/Peach I guess, what's Jem? Fox/Falco? Or just Fox cuz you didn't use Falco in tourney?

ok well it looks like the feb update will be like this

1. Silent wolf
2. bladewise
3. eggz
4. ciz
5. vish
6. toph - fox/shiek
7. theprime
8. jew
9. banana - fox/marth (i asked him)
10. jem - fox

get on dat toph