• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WA Power Rankings: August 2014 Update

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
yeah. the age of kaostar and iceman is over imo

I'll say this though... if Jem gets on our melee PR, Kei will laugh at us forever. you guys better keep him off

t-iceman

Smash Journeyman
yeah. the age of kaostar and iceman is over imo

I'll say this though... if Jem gets on our melee PR, Kei will laugh at us forever. you guys better keep him off
Jem isn't going to beat me so i dont think he'll be on, as far as mr. brandandorf well we'll just see.

EDIT: Mike and i played last tourney and i won

C!Z

Smash Lord
Mike as in Yamer. You haven't played him. I played with him yesterday, he's still got it. Easy 10th for sure I think. The tourney will tell.

Jem.

Smash Master
Why would Kei laugh if I got on it? I know he beat me all the time in like 03-04 but is it cause he thinks I'm bad? Or cause I main Brawl lol

And yeah IDK if I'll ever get ranked again, game is harder than back in the day and maining a new character. But it's all in good fun and try to do well

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Why would Kei laugh if I got on it? I know he beat me all the time in like 03-04 but is it cause he thinks I'm bad? Or cause I main Brawl lol

And yeah IDK if I'll ever get ranked again, game is harder than back in the day and maining a new character. But it's all in good fun and try to do well
LOL well basically when I was hanging out with Kei in Japan, he asked me who the best WA Brawl players are and he was really surprised when I said you. >_>

Jem.

Smash Master
Ah, yeah. I was around him when I was 13-14, so he probably found me annoying or just bad. How many 13 year old smash players are you impressed with haha. I still had that teams swag though with Silly Fox when we were baby 13 years old team.

he actually beat me in my first ever tournament too, he just dsmashed with Peach and that was really good in 2003 :/

I was so bad in 2003 that when Stition wanted to team and he wanted me to practice "spiking" I thought he meant falcos downtilt because that weird spikey colored animation comes out. So when I was playing my friend I used dtilt a lot, and I was like "Yeah a guy who wants to team wanted me to practice it" Looking back I don't understand how I didn't understand back then what spiking meant, since i played sports. But I also didn't really know how to smash DI until Brawl..

He was probably also surprised because I think Felix and myself weren't at that little small tournament where Kei showed up and beat Teddy in Brawl finals I think. or Teddy won, I forget.

MasterC

Smash Ace
He was probably also surprised because I think Felix and myself weren't at that little small tournament where Kei showed up and beat Teddy in Brawl finals I think. or Teddy won, I forget.
^prob that, is kei hella good at brawl or melee?

:phone:

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Lol Kei is pretty good at both. Well, he's better at melee though I think.

Ah, yeah. I was around him when I was 13-14, so he probably found me annoying or just bad. How many 13 year old smash players are you impressed with haha. I still had that teams swag though with Silly Fox when we were baby 13 years old team.
ROFL it's not a Jem post unless there's a brag about teams

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
imo update either after this (or best bout) then update again after Manifest Silent Wolf Juice cuz there'll have been a ton of tourneys between now and then

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
we should update now. its already at the point where previously we have discarded tournament results because they were too old.

best bout and canada for those who can go and tuk house can be the revision/second update if necessary.

and we will have gc in march plus manifest, we can update a second or third time right after that.

:phone:

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
We'll have a tourney every weekend in march actually :V and every weekend in February lolz.

I got the photoshop file for the PR image btw. I'm gonna change the colors and stuff for the next update. :D

Jem.

Smash Master
Did I tie for 9th at GC? I was just curious because a personal goal was to atleast get that pretty much. Just trying to take baby steps

Btw I advise if I ever do good to not put me on PR, because I fully expect I'll only be entering melee at GC's unless I am in a BB carpool to do melee and brawl.

BladeWise

Smash Lord
Alright, we need to update. I'll just provide a rough estimation to begin the discussion.

1) Silent Wolf
2) Bladewise
3) Eggz?
4/5/6) Vish, Toph, Ciz
7) ThePrime
8) T-Iceman
9/10) i dunno. Kline, Jess, Jem, others have a shot at it. We need full results.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
3 is obviously Shane, he definitely proved he's super legit (when he believes in himself... aka does adderall rofl) at the last GC

Ok so 4/5/6, and this is speaking primarily about the interval since the last update (in other words, December GC and onward): I might catch some flak for saying this but I think Ciz has proven himself to be over Vish. Ciz has a win on Otto as well as a history of taking Teddy and Shane to LAST ****ING EVERYTHING in EVERY set they play. Like Ciz does not get *****, period (well except at Apex lol). And Ciz is up on wins against Vish in this ranking period afaik.

Vish has wins on Dieslow and Sleep Deprived Diakonos though so it could go either way, but imo Ciz should be #4

Then I'd say Vish at #5 and me and #6; I'm 2-1 on tourney sets against Vish this ranking period and I also beat dieslow in BC but neither of us have any like outstanding wins/weird losses outside of that. I have some victories over good players in MM's from Norcal/APEX but I don't think those should count, plus I still feel like Vish is better than me right now so it's a moot point.

Going down the list, 8 is obviously Iceman, and then honestly we need to look at tournament results. Kline performs a lot worse in tournament than we gave him credit for and beyond that it's all up in the air. Banana #9? LOL we should just do #9 PistolPete and #10 Sanford and call it a day IMHO

Jem.

Smash Master
Who is Sanford?

I beat someone im unfamiliar with + Kline and Jess @ GC you guys were gone, lost to Juce & Jess that same GC

Previous GC, beat someone, lost to Andy, beat a Jigglypuff who looks like Connor (I don't know your tag, sorry) beat Jess, lost to Andy again

I don't really care if I'm ranked though as long as I'm not being given a random seed since i've proven to be ok :O.

Personally? I wouldn't bet on myself to beat Kline if we played again because he didn't take me seriously I don't think, but if it's just based on results idk. Maybe I'm just harsh on myself though. Ranking means nothing to me cause I just play to win and again don't really mind because I just want to win and hopefully don't get some seed where I'm vs Otto round 1. So if it meant more to someone else to be on there its fine

BladeWise

Smash Lord
Although I think Kline beat Iceman at GC, Kline doesn't have a very strong case for PR. Obvious "lack of effort johns" aside, last place in a 13 person tournament doesn't bode well.
I can see Ben moving onto the PR.
Jem has a good shot at making PR since he beat Jess twice and Kline once.

If I had to guess, it'd be:

9) Jem
10) Banana

unless someone can list Ben's recent performance.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Oh yeah, and someone find out how Zeru's been doing o.O

Btw I know Ben lost to Andrew Wang (lolstuff is his tag I think? WWU guy who plays Puff and was at G2) in winner's at Feb GC, dunno who he lost to in loser's.

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Zeru's good but he's definitely not PR good. No offense on him. Idk if you were asking about how good he is or something else, but yeah I don't think he's exceptional.

There's a falco player (who also plays fox and falcon) who I think is really good. Older looking black guy, wears glasses. He was a Tuk-house and I see him at GC a lot, but I didn't catch his name. Is that Spartamus? I'm not sure, but I played a couple of friendlies with him at Tuk and last GC, and he plays very smart. I'd consider him for 10.

Top Bottom