• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

Alzi

Smash Master
I heard that on the radio that they wanted to take it down or somthing.

OMG I AM SO EXCITED FOR TODAY.

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
Perth already has the revolving prison. Pretty unique to Perth.
Hah I see someone has seen "This is Perth"_ The Kracken is the real attraction Toby_ Just need Liam Neeson onhand to announce it's release and were all set_

In other news_ Anyone able to give me a lift from Warwick station today_ MSG me_

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Stuck here til flippin 12 because "Hey, we're goin out, someone should be coming by between 11:30 and 12 to grab a light so can you give it to them when they get here kthxbai"

Uh...

Alzi

Smash Master
Thanks for the smashfest Richard it was really great. Big thanks for all the food and drinks really nice of your family to supply us with.

Thanks for the piano lesson Andre lol. When i actually buy a piano which will be on my birthday then yeah i hope to suprise you next time we meet after the date of my birthday.

Good friendlies, Richard, Trill, Andy, Trav and Bob.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
What can I saw but a resounding awesome. Ric, Sam, Rob, you three are the best!

Alister too! Thanks a bunch!

MTGod

Smash Champion
Seems like I missed 90% of Alzi's verbalised life... Anyone care to fill me in???

Alzi

Smash Master
Lol that was good.

I think i'm talking more and more as i see you guys. This is the order of people who i most talked to:

1st- Rob
2nd- Richard
3rd- Andre
4th- Travis
5th- Trill
6th- Bob / Marty / Andy / Samuel / Graeme
7th- Pete / Mic / Vlade

Think thats everyone? Some nice tatics being played in to make me talk. Travis sneakly throwing in some vs questions scored him 4th position. Thats a good tier list imo atm for making alzi talk the most.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Lol that was good.

I think i'm talking more and more as i see you guys. This is the order of people who i most talked to:

1st- Rob
2nd- Richard
3rd- Andre
4th- Travis
5th- Trill
6th- Bob / Marty / Andy / Samuel / Graeme
7th- Pete / Mic / Vlade

Think thats everyone? Some nice tatics being played in to make me talk. Travis sneakly throwing in some vs questions scored him 4th position. Thats a good tier list imo atm for making alzi talk the most.
I try man! But you never respond, WHY DONT YOU LOVE ME?

Oh and awesome fest, you must tell whoever cooked (I assume your dad) they're awesome for me ^^. And great seeing Sam, Ric and Rob again, pretty ******.

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
I thought the dinosaur had a ***** in that picture and then realised it was a hand_ Well played clever picture guy_

So, next tournament_? I'd like to see this cinema that has been mentioned before_

MTGod

Smash Champion
I'm thinking that (unless some epic bargaining is had :D) the cinema will be more expensive than the Church... Therefore, save the cinema tournament until the holidays when more people should be able to attend (we should get a better local attendance too if we advertise this properly)... That being said, how about we book this one a few weeks in advance at least rather than the impromptu thought??? Hell, we may even get Luke and Ted over :D

Dates: It'll be during the holidays for everyone, so we could have it midweek, but I'd advise against it since Sundays tend to be everyone's "bumming around" days where no one can really think of what to do since a lot of places are shut... From memory school holidays last two weeks, and both weeks coincide with all Uni holidays, so either of the two Sundays during the school holidays would logically be the first point of call...

Venue/entry fees: depends on how much we can get the venue for obviously :p Let's estimate it costing as much as the Arena - safe bet would be a Venue of $10 as per normal, and an entry fee for each event of $10 each (doubles obv. $5 per person)... Makes it $25 for the day as opposed to the usual $20, but the extra Singles fee could be used to cover any Venue we don't cover without the TO being out of pocket (hopefully)... I know it's bad to take money out of the pot, but at the same time someone will have to cover the extra expense, and it's better to get everyone to pitch in an extra $5 than one person to pay $100 of their own dosh...

Stage list: gawrsh, this is a toughey eh... On one hand, the larger stage list would appeal to newbies to the tournament scene, but on the other hand using the conservative list will appease what I estimate to be the majority of the current scene... I guess it all comes up to whoever ends up being the TO for the day (Trav, Pete, Vlade, or Jupz - has anyone else hosted a tournament?)...

EDIT: For the minor tournaments in between, I think the Church serves as a fine location... If we advertise these tournaments a little bit, hopefully we'll pique some interest for when the tournament is held at the Cinema (for those people who are afraid we're a religious group trying to "get down with the youth of today" :p)

Alzi

Smash Master
Use Thrillers ruleset.

If you don't want FD as a counterpick then have more Starter stages.

I already have this poster i made as the pre-eastern invasion poster that will work well to attract others it looks good aswell. Thats when later i made a proper Eastern Invasion 3 poster which is yet to be finalized.

If you guys want to hang up posters i can send them via msn or pm and you can print of and stick in places. :p

Alzi

Smash Master
To be honest at first i actually lol'd hard when FD was a counterpick but it does work out well.

But as i said if the tournament holder wants to add FD as a starter he should be making the starter list bigger.

MTGod

Smash Champion
Hell, we could even call it a Local Major tournament if we're gonna advertise it (as opposed to a national)... Advertising ploys and all that jazz :D

Mutha ****in Edit:

Someone asked in the Lucas boards if Lucas was rigged:

lucas cheap all u do is short up n-air into u-tilt or jab spam pk fire f-tilt f-tilt then kill with a grab f-smash d-smash u-smash ban him

he has a million ways to recover

zap jump

pk thunder

pk thunder 2

pk thunder 3

rope snake

hookshot

5 projectiles

pk fire

pk ice

pk thunder

pk thundershock

pk thunderbolt

he has 8 spikes! wtf

he cheats he has offense and life up too
:D:D:D

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I can agree with thriller stagelist

And Mic, how can Heady not get along with that smiling totodile? :)
He's jealous. Dunno why though, he's still got his nest.

He's in hospital right now, problems with his leg and was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes.
Yikes. So, who's next for a hospital trip? Someone feel like getting their appendices removed?

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Seems everyone knows about Techno's issue. Ric/k friends are so much issue.

In other news, Happy Birthday Richard!

I also think you missed to notice the Hookshot amongst others Luke.

Edit:
Hows the tourney looking for Sunday, if it's this one I can only go for doubles.

Alzi

Smash Master
Happy birthday richard.

Also if it's this Sunday then i can't go due to having a maths test on Monday lol.

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
When's school holidays_? Iill be filming and editing pretty hardcore in the next 6 weeks so i hope it's not anytime around then_ Cinema would be good to trial it as a potential location for EI3 which incase anyone has forgotten, is coming up to it's 6 months notice stage_ Don't want to do a Tempest now_

SSFIV this thursday_ Finally start getting serious with it_ Need practise so i'll be looking at bringing it along to the next tourney/meet to get raped_

Alzi

Smash Master
Well my school holidays start in the begining of July. 11 weeks of school this term >_>.

Once you guys finalise details on eastern invasion 3 the poster will be re-edited with a better title and other stuff with correct details too so you can start placing them.

I highly suggest if you can print them in A3 size.

MTGod

Smash Champion
I won't be hosting a tournament until the uni holidays I dun reckon - too much **** getting pushed around by Craptin Unibadity of Technologo-**** T_T

Alzi

Smash Master
Monster hunter 3 tri looks really amazing Marteh. o_o

Best online so far.

Nice graphics.

You can store character profiles into your wii remote and go to your friends house with it.

Wow.. They honestly have pushed what the wii is capable of definatly.

Top Bottom