• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VOTE AGUMON - Pikachu's Greatest Rival!

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
I have made some campaigns on Digimon Facebook pages , and we have one!
4 years ago I was hoping for an artist to help me on create art to support Sophitia, but nothing. And now I really wanted support from Gerif_8 and others to make a big campaign but I am not charismatic. And sadly have not had luck storming official Twitter and Facebook places.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
Why are people comparing Agumon to Goku or Shrek? I don't understand.
Cuz theyre r all 3 from anime and are tr4sh pics LOL. Or maybe it's because they're all 3 just not going to happen. Yeah, I think that's probably what they have in common. But like I said before, dream big... bigger than those other things that are also not going to get in ever. However, should Agumon get in as DLC, I will personally apologize to all of you.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Cuz theyre r all 3 from anime and are tr4sh pics LOL. Or maybe it's because they're all 3 just not going to happen. Yeah, I think that's probably what they have in common. But like I said before, dream big... bigger than those other things that are also not going to get in ever. However, should Agumon get in as DLC, I will personally apologize to all of you.
Agumon havn't started on Animes.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Shrek?

From an anime?

Do we have the same ogre?

And Agumon got started on little devices known as Virtual Pet Tamagotchi's. Kinda similar to what Game and Watch started out on. If you're going to bash a character you should at least get your facts straight. I will be the first to tell you he's unlikely and a long shot at best, but Namco is co-developing this game and is the company largely responsible for Digimon games. There is a small appeal for Agumon vs. Pikachu, but Digimon's hayday is long gone...unless Cyber Sleuth can give it a revival.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Technically it's Bandai, not Namco, who are responsible for Tamigotchis and related products, including the entire digimon franchise.
They're essentially the same company nowadays though.
Apologies. Perhaps I should get my facts straight before telling others to get their facts straight...

But yeah, the two are largely one in the same these days.

Still, the point stands that Digimon started on the tamigotchis and not in the anime, though the anime followed it shortly before Digimon World came out (my favorite game on the PS1, even more memories than Spyro or Crash for me).

Last edited:

Graizen

Smash Champion
Shrek?

From an anime?

Do we have the same ogre?

And Agumon got started on little devices known as Virtual Pet Tamagotchi's. Kinda similar to what Game and Watch started out on. If you're going to bash a character you should at least get your facts straight. I will be the first to tell you he's unlikely and a long shot at best, but Namco is co-developing this game and is the company largely responsible for Digimon games. There is a small appeal for Agumon vs. Pikachu, but Digimon's hayday is long gone...unless Cyber Sleuth can give it a revival.
Well Sonic got in becouse he was Mario's rival
Agumon is Pikachu's rival , can you think about it?

NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHING : Pikachu enter a normal Pokémon fight , but it is not a Pokémon this time!

ryuu seika

Smash Master
The latest news from 4chan:

4chan thread 114014067 said:
Just dropping it here , i hope someone take it before deletion. prof.layton , wolf , kingk.rool , isaac and agumon in smash , i think there is more.
Now, I'm hardly convinced by this leak and its weird formatting, especially as its author is currently impossible to determine, but it mentions Agumon as potential DLC. In the unlikely event that the leak is real, this is amazing news for all of us. In the far more plausible scenario that it's simply someone having a dumb laugh at our expense, the joke is on them. Such leaks, no matter how false, all add to the awareness and interest of our character and it's simply good to see people talking about him.

And as for encountering Agumon in the tall grass, you might want to take a look at this:
http://manapop.com/games/pokemon-and-digimon-crossover-game-leaked/

Last edited:

Graizen

Smash Champion
Question : What is your favorite Digimon game?

I love Digimon World 2!

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Is that your video or just someone you found online? Either way, it does a great job of countering all the common arguments but seems a little light on any actual reason for Agumon's inclusion and, while highly knowledgeable for the most part, has a few of its facts off. For example, while it's true that he only has the one move in his original anime appearance, Data Squad (season 5) actually gives him a second in the form of Spitfire Blast.
It also refers to him as the "unofficial mascot" of the series, meaning the maker clearly hasn't looked at the digimon logo closely enough because that's Agumon right there, taking the front seat just like any real mascot would.

In the end though, I only have one major issue with it and that is the hatred of Wii Fit Trainer. No, noone asked for her and maybe that's because noone wanted her but maybe it's just because noone realized she was a possibility. Whatever the reasoning, this made her an amazing surprise pick that did an excellent job of representing Nintendo's latest top selling franchise and console.
Her choice was smart and inspired, there are far better examples of bad ones IMO like Snake or the continuation of Toon Link, Dr. Mario, Shiek and Zero Suit Samus well past their point of relevancy.

As said though, it does a great job of what it was intended to do and that's what really matters.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
ok i think in your video you did rather well conveying your points and your counter arguments its all very true there are most certainly people who still love digimon

personally it dont think your face should be so close to the camera (and i dont know what your problem with the wii fit trainer is) but thats jsut me

do let me know if youd like any further thoughts

Graizen

Smash Champion
ok i think in your video you did rather well conveying your points and your counter arguments its all very true there are most certainly people who still love digimon

personally it dont think your face should be so close to the camera (and i dont know what your problem with the wii fit trainer is) but thats jsut me

do let me know if youd like any further thoughts
It is not my vídeo xD
I just found it , im sorry!

Elin

Your face is strange... Is it always like that?
NNID
ShinySilverEevee
3DS FC
5301-1189-1305
Just here to make sure no double posting is going on.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
One really interesting thing in that video is the suggestion that Agumon play like a mini Bowser. I've never seen that in the Rumble games but forcing him to be an alrounder just because he's the series icon may not have have been the best move and it would make far more sense than the slowass weighty Guilmon in Allstar. I think a heavy character with movement based moves and some similarity to Bowser would fit him well.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
As for that video, it states all the points pretty clearly and enlightens me to Nintendo's relationship with Digimon. Plus, Bandai Namco working on this game too.

Only two points I have for it:

• I'd argue Agumon IS the mascot, or at least his digivolution line like Greymon, Metal Greymon, and WarGreymon. They're far and beyond the most popular and advertised Digimon. Agumon has the mascot presence like Pikachu has but the cool factor of Charizard, so it's a double win. If any Digimon would be considered, Agumon would be a no brainer.
  • I'd probably not take too much frustration out on certain characters. I don't like Wii Fit that much either, but what fans she does have, this video would rub them the wrong way. Also, the digs on Ridley and Waluigi weren't terribly necessary, but I would have agreed with him if he mentioned Goku and Shrek as "dumber choices". In fact I thought he was going to say those before I heard "Ridley" and "Waluigi" and I was like "Woah Woah WOAH! Now just hold on there!"

As for all the other points, yes, Digimon has a lot of games and many of them where on Nintendo consoles. Agumon is playable in pretty much all of them and tends to be front and center on all cover art. One of them was a Smash Clone called Rumble Arena 2 (which I loved, and also loved Rumble Arena 1 on the PS1). So you have a game with obvious moveset potential to draw from. Agumon didn't originate from an anime, Digimon debuted on virtual pet toys that aren't too different from the Game and Watch games, and even Digimon World came out before the anime (because Digimon World lacked mega forms). Agumon would arguably be balanced like Mario. Jack of all master of none but have hope for some combo potential. In fact I always imagined Agumon fighting a lot like Mario, not even trying to compare Fireball to Pepper Breath.

The obvious Final Smash would be WarGreymon, either a single attack sending a huge sphere of fire or an actual transformation.

I wouldn't mind Greymon or WarGreymon as characters in place of Agumon either. If this was Brawl, you could go the Pokemon Trainer route (exactly like it was in Rumble Arena 2) and have Agumon, Gryemon, and WarGreymon be the same group of characters with Digivolve being the Down Special.

My favorite Digimon game is Digimon World, and my favorite Digimon were Greymon and Airdramon.

Edit: Go ahead and add me to the supporter's list.

Edit again: Your original post seems to be missing! All I see is a gif showing Agumon's digivolutions.

Last edited:

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
I'm sure a lot of people don't know that Agumon originated from a video game. If people knew, he wouldn't be treated as Goku and Shrek are.

Graizen

Smash Champion
I'm sure a lot of people don't know that Agumon originated from a video game. If people knew, he wouldn't be treated as Goku and Shrek are.
Just like that! People just see Agumon as an Anime character becouse they only saw Digimon on TV.

It's acknowledgement, if nothing else.
And i realy liked that my friend!

I really like this idea a lot, you can add me to the supporters.
Done! Thank you and welcome =)

Agumon's Axe :
So what you guys think about Agumon's axe he used in Digimon World 4? Is it good for a moveset?

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Agumon's pretty cool, wouldn't mind em

Top Bottom