• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VOTE AGUMON - Pikachu's Greatest Rival!

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Did you know the rock singer Alanis Morisette started out as a pop singer? I bet you didn't know that. But the majority don't refer to her as a pop singer just because she started out as one. Its because she wasn't known for her pop songs since they all flopped.

The same applies to digimon characters. They've had no real impact on gaming. The few non-flop games they had weren't even on a Nintendo console! Pokemon are known for both the anime and the games and had an impact on nintendo. Even though Pikachu was popular from the anime, the pokemon games were still widely successful. If Agumon's games weren't a huge flop, then i wouldn't call him an anime character.
Because you can easily compared musicians to video game characters, huh? Musicians can change style over time as they desire and label themselves genre they want to. With video game characters it's all about the origins, especially in a case where Sakurai's criteria states: "The character has to originate from a video game." It's two different worlds that can't be compared.

Now we can argue all day whether a Tamagotchi is a video game or not, I personally think it's an interactive experience and deem it a video game, but it still lies that his origins isn't the problem.

Even so, I guarantee that Namco Bandai only gets one rep, and I'm about %90 sure that's pacman.
Definitely, just wanted to correct that he didn't originate from the anime. Though I don't believe that Namco is necessarily even going to get a rep that's a discussion for another thread.

CalumG

Smash Lord
B-but sales don't matter....
It does for third-parties - they certainly haven't shown a third-party from a niche, small-selling franchise so far. Whether or not that'll change is up in the air but I can't see them changing that criteria given Sakurai's statements about "special circumstances".

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
Because you can easily compared musicians to video game characters, huh? Musicians can change style over time as they desire and label themselves genre they want to. With video game characters it's all about the origins, especially in a case where Sakurai's criteria states: "The character has to originate from a video game." It's two different worlds that can't be compared.

Now we can argue all day whether a Tamagotchi is a video game or not, I personally think it's an interactive experience and deem it a video game, but it still lies that his origins isn't the problem.
It also has to be on an nintendo console. Another criteria for most third parties. Megaman has had an substantial impact on the nintendo console in its early years.

While digimon only recently started making releases on DS, all of which are flops.

Its looks like a McDonald's happy meal toy than a video game.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
Digimon qualifies under the stipulations as far as im concerned. but no they arent gonna become playable for other reasons that have little to do with the fact that their anime series

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
This is 10 days late but Digimon has a chance. Not including the spin-off game Digimon Racing for GBA in 2003, or any RPG such as Digimon World 4 on GameCube in 2005 or the DS / 3DS games, there's been 2 Digimon fighting games on an Nintendo console. The first being Digimon Battle Spirit originally released 2001 in Japan & 2003 in NA, and Digimon Rumble Arena 2 released on the GameCube July 2004 in Japan & September 2004 in NA. Bandai Namco hleping develop the game I feel that only one & just one Digimon would make it in being Agumon, I'm all for this happening but my hopes of it happening are 50/50 chance.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
oh hey i will support him.. well he not smash 4.. as show with pac man but im all for smash 5 him and charizard (now that he is on his own head to head

Last edited:

bennett999

Smash Rookie
I can see it but most likely Digimon will be used as enemies in Smash Run. That's the best chance Agumon has to even being in Super Smash brothers

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Hey guys, according to this list, how would Agumon's moveset be classified? (hybrid classes are possible):

Zoner - Character whose strength lies in forcing their opponent to stay in a certain area. Ex: :4marth:

Ranger - Character whose strength lies in their ranged attacks to force opponents to keep their distance. Ex: :4link:

Speedster - Character whose strength lies in their speed and ability to overwhelm their opponents with relentless attacks. Ex: :4pikachu:

Trickster - Character whose strength lies in a quirky moveset that is hard to predict and can alter the battle field. Ex: :4villager:

Bruiser - Character whose strength lies in devastating attacks to quickly finish off opponents. Ex: :4falcon:

Resistor - Character whose strength lies in super armor that allows them to tank hits to strike down opponents. Ex: :4bowser:

Puppeteer - Character whose strength lies in overwhelming opponents with relentless attacks stopping opponents from striking back. Strength in numbers. Ex: :rosalina:

Juggler - Character whose strength lies in being able to string combos together to finish off opponents. Ex: :4luigi:

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
Hey guys, according to this list, how would Agumon's moveset be classified? (hybrid classes are possible):

Zoner - Character whose strength lies in forcing their opponent to stay in a certain area. Ex: :4marth:

Ranger - Character whose strength lies in their ranged attacks to force opponents to keep their distance. Ex: :4link:

Speedster - Character whose strength lies in their speed and ability to overwhelm their opponents with relentless attacks. Ex: :4pikachu:

Trickster - Character whose strength lies in a quirky moveset that is hard to predict and can alter the battle field. Ex: :4villager:

Bruiser - Character whose strength lies in devastating attacks to quickly finish off opponents. Ex: :4falcon:

Resistor - Character whose strength lies in super armor that allows them to tank hits to strike down opponents. Ex: :4bowser:

Puppeteer - Character whose strength lies in overwhelming opponents with relentless attacks stopping opponents from striking back. Strength in numbers. Ex: :rosalina:

Juggler - Character whose strength lies in being able to string combos together to finish off opponents. Ex: :4luigi:
i would say a Resistor

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
How would he do against Puppeteers like :rosalina: & :popo:?
hate to double post but i thought about it some more and i think he could hold his own weight against the :popo:with he's baby flame for range and a fire spin like this
(what might work like :metaknight: tornado) so i think he could beat the :popo: and as for :rosalina: it looks like she is good in the air what might cause some trouble for him and has range what might collide with his baby flame so good against :popo: might have trouble against :rosalina:

ps i think this would be a good song for his stage https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sqYtDf6M74

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
hate to double post but i thought about it some more and i think he could hold his own weight against the :popo:with he's baby flame for range and a fire spin like this
(what might work like :metaknight: tornado) so i think he could beat the :popo: and as for :rosalina: it looks like she is good in the air what might cause some trouble for him and has range what might collide with his baby flame so good against :popo: might have trouble against :rosalina:

ps i think this would be a good song for his stage https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sqYtDf6M74
Sorry if this has been asked already, but who would give Agumon the most trouble?

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
Sorry if this has been asked already, but who would give Agumon the most trouble?
looking at who we have now i would say people like :4greninja: and :4megaman: fast and rang character's would seem to give him a harder time because i would say he more on the slow and powerful side of things and air character i wouldn't take him as a air fighter so :metaknight: if he comes back might be a little bit of a pain

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
looking at who we have now i would say people like :4greninja: and :4megaman: fast and rang character's would seem to give him a harder time because i would say he more on the slow and powerful side of things and air character i wouldn't take him as a air fighter so :metaknight: if he comes back might be a little bit of a pain
Any type of characters he would have a certain advantage over?

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
Any type of characters he would have a certain advantage over?
what come to mind right now i would think lighter melee fighter like :4olimar: and :4diddy: because he would be a heavier hitter (but not as heavy as :4bowser: or :4myfriends:) and has a small ranger with baby flame (or whatever the game counter part is i forget)

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
what come to mind right now i would think lighter melee fighter like :4olimar: and :4diddy: because he would be a heavier hitter (but not as heavy as :4bowser: or :4myfriends:) and has a small ranger with baby flame (or whatever the game counter part is i forget)
How would Agumon players deal with these characters to ensure victory? What is the best move in Agumon's arsenal?

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
How would Agumon players deal with these characters to ensure victory? What is the best move in Agumon's arsenal?
well i would say the best thing he could ever do is digivolve after he takes enough damage or some thing like or if it is an attack i would say meltdown from digimon world 1

Graizen

Smash Champion
Agumon represents well the series Digimon being the first leader of the first Anime. As Pikachu, Agumon can show how it works being a Digital Monster, having great potential and various transformations and powers.

The Digimon series began through Virtual Pets and then won his first Manga/Animation.

Whenever someone asks "What is the rival of Pokémon?" Everyone will always remember Digimon ( Agumon vs Pikachu and etc ).

Agumon Moveset :

Standard B - Baby Flame
Forward B - Pepper Breath
Down B - Baby Flame Down (Launcher)
Up B - Baby Flame Up

Standard A - Claw Attack
Forward A - Flame Bite
Down A - Stomp
Up A - Claw Uppercut

Final Smash - Evolution to WarGreymon ( Timed Transformation just like Warios but changing his B Moves )

WarGreymon B Moveset :

Standard B - Gaia Force
Forward B - Great Tornado
Down B - Dramon Cutter
Up B - Great Tornado Up

Namco Bandai is helping to create the next SSB, and all Digimon games were created by Namco Bandai.

Pokémon can always count Digimon as your biggest rival of all time.

Digimon fighting games features two well known "Rumble Arenas", and the second Rumble Arena had the gameplay very similar to SSB. Introducing the Special Moves before they are placed in SSBB.

Digimon have alot of Games on GameBoy Color and Nintendo DS.

-----------------------------

VOTE FOR HIM! WE HAVE HOPE : https://cp.nintendo.co.jp/us/

Creede

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Creede73
I wouldn't pay for him as DLC.

Well I probably would actually. I don't think I'd ever play him though.

Last edited:

Graizen

Smash Champion
I needed to open a new one! Smash Boards closed the old one for some reason T_T

Wanna see that?
VOTE FOR HIM!

Im fighting alone , but i will never surrender!

Last edited by a moderator:

Braydon

Smash Ace
What you're suggesting is that they add in a rip off of one of their main franchises?

VeemonTamer

Cyber Sleuth
NNID
VeemonTamer
Except that it is.
Yeah... No dude! You are only a 17 year kid that don't know any better so I guess I can't expect you to know about much from the 90s. I grew up in the 90s and had a Japanese Tamagotchi from a flea market that had 1995 engraved in the back. They started off as 2 totally different games. Pokemon did NOT come out before Tomagatchi. Pokemon was 1996 while Tamagotchi was originally 1995 it went on assume the name "Digital Monster" later to appeal to both boys and girls. Just because they both end in MON don't mean one copied the other. Even if they came out around the same time I'm sure they couldn't have copied each other during development.

Last edited:

Graizen

Smash Champion
Thank you Veemon , helped alot! =)
Vote for Agumon man , i need more help!

dahaka persico

Smash Rookie
Dude if i remember exactly is one rep per third party company and Bandai Namco already have a rep is pacman
Also i don't like digimon

Graizen

Smash Champion
So what you guys think about the "Digimon Rumble Arenas" moves that Agumon have?
Can Nintendo use it to make his moves for Smash?

Graizen

Smash Champion
sorry but don't work like that since Bandai was merged with Namco and renamed Namco Bandai is a single company not two separate companies is saying square enix are two separate companies and not as single company.
Well im fighting for a Dream! I want to see Digimon vs Pokémon , and now we have a chance!

Graizen

Smash Champion
No im not! I have alot of people with me , you can see on Facebook and on Deviantart!

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom