• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Villains in Smash 4

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Oh I have one. Duck Hunt Dog apparently got in over Ridley. Why is that?

Could it be because we already have "angry" heavyweight characters who fight with their claws and they have brute strength. They are very vicious fighters who breathe fire. What makes Ridley stand out from Bowser and Charizard? What makes him so unique?
He got in over ridley because its what sakurai wanted period (if ridley isnt in, since we cant know for sure yet.)

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
Honestly... I think the roster could definitely do with more villains. I'm going to not talk about Ridley, since he's the only real character I desperately want in Smash.

I think the roster could do with more villains. I think a part of the appeal of fighting games based off already existing franchises is to play as the villains. You can play as the heroes in their own game anyway, but playing as the villains is usually never implemented. This means that by having villains playable, you're giving people a chance to play as the antagonists they may love. Look at Ganondorf! Ganondorf is fun to play as because it makes the game feel less plain than it would were you able to just play as Link. I prefer Ganondorf over all Zelda characters except Toon Link on the roster (childhood Wind Waker bias tho), because I can finally play as the Big Bad of the series.

It's a part of the appeal.

As there's nothing wrong with wanting more women in Smash, there's also nothing wrong with wanting more villains in Smash. Just because people worked hard on the roster doesn't mean people can't be unhappy with it. That's like saying that because the developer team worked so hard on Sonic '06 to get it out before the deadline, we have to regard it with love and praise it to the heavens. Smash is a lot better than Sonic '06, sure, but there's absolutely nothing wrong with being upset over the lack of villain presence in the roster. That's like saying that if K. Rool was confirmed to not be in either game at all, the K. Rool supportbase wouldn't be allowed to complain and would have to hold this game on a heavenly pedestal because effort has been put in.

As it stands, if the list with Mewtwo, Impa, Ridley, etc. is true, I'll be more than happy with the roster. If not, I'll definitely feel salty over it. I personally think the roster needs more villains in order to create more diversity and interest, and I mean from franchises that don't already have villains represented. For example, I would feel better even with cut Bowser Jr. (apologies, Bowser Jr. fans) and added Medusa/Hades, even if I don't believe Kid Icarus is deserving of two newcomers with only three games released (apologies, Kid Icarus fans).

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
To be completely honest... I feel the quota for villains is a fan-made criterion. Being a villain isn't exactly a perk which is supposed to increase your chances. I don't support K. Rool or Ridley because they are villains, I support them because of their moveset potential.

As for why villains got the short end of the stick this time, it is because of the focus on newer and smaller series, and obviously the hero is going to appear before the villain. Though all said, it does feel unfair to K. Rool and Ridley because they were so commonly requested.
Hey Falkoopa, long time no see.

It appears you missed the point though.
The issue isn't that there should be a villain quota.
It's that there is a very large demographic of smash fans who are most attracted to playing as villainous type personalities.

The issue is that they almost completely neglected this demographic, despite the polls indicating its' size.

It's no surprise that this demographic is so big, since smash is one of the only games where you are potentially able to play as your favorite villain.
Big missed opportunity IMO.

Last edited:

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
This unprecedented, visually strange* change is something you take as fact, yet you are completely unconvinced of an aesthetically horrid roster selection, and a leak-locked all star mode, which has a precedent for needing all the characters to be unlocked for it to be unlocked?

*visually strange, mostly due to aesthetic of the nature of the full roster placement and spaces, which, any way you slice it is ugly, with most notoriety actually being the very out of place Shulk.
I only just found out about the locked all star mode. That does offer a glimmer of hope.

However, It's been a week since the leaks started. Surely it can't be that hard to unlock a mode/final characters.

Last edited:

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
I only just found out about the locked all star mode. That does offer a glimmer of hope.

However, It's been a week since the leaks started. Surely it can't be that hard to unlock a mode/final characters.
I remember reading in multiple places that the leaker has been fired and is being sued by Nintendo, so that'll be the reason we haven't heard anything further, I'd imagine.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I don't understand how people don't get that villains have a diffeerent playstyle.

I mean, just contrast Ryu to Dark Ryu in Street Fighter IV. Their moves are mostly the same yes, but they play very differently. The same is true with Akuma and Omni, who are both similarly based around Ryu.

While yes, Ryu and Ken don't have too many differences, their overall styles overlaps a lot closer than with the villains.

That villainous aggression and angry style is a real thing in fighting games.

If you take a step back and look at it, you'll understand that.

Mr.Seven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
The_FPG
The lack of playable villains in Smash is a bit disappointing. They're there in the game, it's just most are Assist Trophies. I can understand some of the villains like Mother Brain being an AT, but then we get AT's like Ghirahim, who would have been so fun to play as in Smash. I mean, come on, Daroach from Kirby's Squeak Squad would be fine to play as. Maybe next time, we're going to get more villain representation.

mini paincakes

Smash Journeyman
Yep, more villains would definitely redeem this roster. The hype 3 and wolf would more than satisfy the villain quota for me. They're all unique characters and would basically add an antagonist to all the major series that don't have one yet. Bowser jr is a great villain rep, but we can still use the villains that the fans are asking for.

Also, I know Dark Pit didn't take someone else's slot, but they could have at least used that development time to do something better, like de-clone ganondorf. At least change that the warlock punch move. Or they could have used that time to add a "Dark" clone from a series that wasn't Kid Icarus.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Also, I know Dark Pit didn't take someone else's slot, but they could have at least used that development time to do something better, like de-clone ganondorf. At least change that the warlock punch move. Or they could have used that time to add a "Dark" clone from a series that wasn't Kid Icarus.
This paragraph deserves so many likes :chuckle:

Speculator

Smash Ace
I would never prioritize villain characters over protagonists just for the sake of having more villains. I think looking at the clear antagonists we have now - Bowser, Ganondorf, Dedede - it looks like that for a villain to have a shot they need to be from a very large, already well-represented franchise. Villains from Mother or Kid Icarus or whatever would be too minor in the grand scheme of things, since the antagonists of most games tend to only show their faces for boss fights and story scenes.

I don't really consider Dark Pit a villain. Medusa and Hades were the villains of KI:U. Dark Pit is an anti-hero in the same vein as Wario, Meta Knight, Wolf and even Dedede to some extent.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Bowser Jr. has by far one of the most interesting playstyles I've seen in a while. I HATED this little git for the longest time, but such an intriguing playstyle has interested me no end.

Anyway; what's to say all villain playstyles should be aggressive anyway?

What about Medusa as an option for a villain with the ability to petrify opponents allowing for a trapping playstyle?

Or Vaati who is a small villain capable of using powerful wind magic(and petrification actually...) capable of a more defensive playstyle?

Why must Villain discussion only ever be about the two heavyweight aggressive reptiles?

Every time I see "Smash needs more villains" on these boards all it really means is "Smash needs Ridley and K. Rool".

You know it's frigging true.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Sakurai has his own motives and cares very little about what we think.
If Sakurai didn't care about what the fans think... he wouldn't have added:

Villager... many fans have been requesting for a playable characters from the Animal Crossing series for years

Mega Man.... do I need to say more?

Little Mac... fans in the Weat have been requesting for Little Mac for many years

Mii Fighters... while hardcore Smash fans were against them, the sheer numbers of casual Nintendo fans trumps them... and they are the ones who are most hyped about playing as themselves, their relatives, their friends, celebrities, politicians, etc.

Palutena... she was heavily requested after Uprising

Pac-Man... same reasons as Miis... he's that famous

Robin and Lucina... Smash fans wanted an unique Fire Emblem character, one who isn't a bland swordfighter which is why Chrom isn't in... and Fire Emblem fans are happy with them

Bowser Jr.... fans of the Mario series were requesting for him since his debut

Shulk... the success of Operation Rainfall is why the West has Xenoblade Chronicles in the first place... Sakurai knows there's an overlap between Operation Rainfall supporters and Smash fans

Duck Hunt Dog... love him or hate him, fans in the West were clamoring for Duck Hunt Dog to be in Smash for years

Female newcomers... a common complaint among the entire Smash fanbase was how we only had three females (Samus, Peach, and Zelda) in the first three games... Sakurai delievered with female Villagers, female Wii Fit Trainer, female Miis, female Robin, Rosalina, Palutena, and Lucina... now people cannot really complain about the lack of females in SSB5.

I don't know why you think that Sakurai doesn't listen to the fans when evidence says he does.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Bowser Jr. has by far one of the most interesting playstyles I've seen in a while. I HATED this little git for the longest time, but such an intriguing playstyle has interested me no end.

What about Medusa as an option for a villain with the ability to petrify opponents allowing for a trapping playstyle?

Or Vaati who is a small villain capable of using powerful wind magic(and petrification actually...) capable of a more defensive playstyle?

Why must Villain discussion only ever be about the two heavyweight aggressive reptiles?

Every time I see "Smash needs more villains" on these boards all it really means is "Smash needs Ridley and K. Rool".

Personally I wanted them, but I'm not too phased by those two. Mostly bitter about G'dorf.

I would never prioritize villain characters over protagonists just for the sake of having more villains. I think looking at the clear antagonists we have now - Bowser, Ganondorf, Dedede - it looks like that for a villain to have a shot they need to be from a very large, already well-represented franchise. Villains from Mother or Kid Icarus or whatever would be too minor in the grand scheme of things, since the antagonists of most games tend to only show their faces for boss fights and story scenes.

I don't really consider Dark Pit a villain. Medusa and Hades were the villains of KI:U. Dark Pit is an anti-hero in the same vein as Wario, Meta Knight, Wolf and even Dedede to some extent.
Spectator, it's not about having villains for the sake of having more villains. It's having villains for the sake of the huge proportion of fans more intrigued by playing as villains than as protagonists.

MagnesD3

Smash Master

Villager... many fans have been requesting for a playable characters from the Animal Crossing series for years

Mega Man.... do I need to say more?

Little Mac... fans in the Weat have been requesting for Little Mac for many years

Mii Fighters... while hardcore Smash fans were against them, the sheer numbers of casual Nintendo fans trumps them... and they are the ones who are most hyped about playing as themselves, their relatives, their friends, celebrities, politicians, etc.

Palutena... she was heavily requested after Uprising

Pac-Man... same reasons as Miis... he's that famous

Robin and Lucina... Smash fans wanted an unique Fire Emblem character, one who isn't a bland swordfighter which is why Chrom isn't in... and Fire Emblem fans are happy with them

Bowser Jr.... fans of the Mario series were requesting for him since his debut

Shulk... the success of Operation Rainfall is why the West has Xenoblade Chronicles in the first place... Sakurai knows there's an overlap between Operation Rainfall supporters and Smash fans

Duck Hunt Dog... love him or hate him, fans in the West were clamoring for Duck Hunt Dog to be in Smash for years

Female newcomers... a common complaint among the entire Smash fanbase was how we only had three females (Samus, Peach, and Zelda) in the first three games... Sakurai delievered with female Villagers, female Wii Fit Trainer, female Miis, female Robin, Rosalina, Palutena, and Lucina... now people cannot really complain about the lack of females in SSB5.

I don't know why you think that Sakurai doesn't listen to the fans when evidence says he does.
Ill give you Megaman, Villager, Little Mac, Jr. and Palutena. Shulk in japan but lets be honest he was only included for marketing his new game. The Fe characters were marketing. Barely anybody wanted Pac Man or Duck Hunt Dog (I see there appeal but its the truth) as well as any of the other newcomers.

Turokman5896

Smash Lord

That's because those two are huge parts of their respective franchises. It's like adding daisy instead of bowser.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Dixie kong. Still a cool addition but not on the same level of franchise history. ZSS works too though. I'm not against their addition, but it feels like something is missing.
Dixie=Daisy? Is this because she's dating Diddy? In that case Candy Kong=Peach...

I think most people will agree the 'Daisy' is more important than the 'Peach' of Donkey Kong.

But it's fine to want K. Rool. It's fine to want Ridley. We just don't hear much for other villain ideas.

My entire point is "Smash needs more villains" only ever means "Smash needs K. Rool and Ridley" on these boards and if that's the case why pretend anyone's interested in anyone outside those two?

ferioku

Smash Ace
Heck I wouldn't even call Wolf a Villain because at some point he helped Fox out, Id rather call him a Rival and he seriously needs to be back...

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
Dixie=Daisy? Is this because she's dating Diddy? In that case Candy Kong=Peach...

I think most people will agree the 'Daisy' is more important than the 'Peach' of Donkey Kong.

But it's fine to want K. Rool. It's fine to want Ridley. We just don't hear much for other villain ideas.

My entire point is "Smash needs more villains" only ever means "Smash needs K. Rool and Ridley" on these boards and if that's the case why pretend anyone's interested in anyone outside those two?
It's because Dixie is a side character where as k rool is a main villain. Also, most villains have been deconfirmed by now. Ghirahim and skull kid have been cut out. Sylux doesn't look likely and dark Samus is also cut. Those two are our best chance for more villains.

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
People want villains in because this game is supposed to be Nintendos all-stars. The biggest out there in gaming, pretty much. You never got to play the villains in the games , but you wouldve if smash bros made it possible.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
Three points I want to make to the "we don't need more villains" posters:

1. This isn't 64 or Melee. Roster size has ballooned to a point that prioritizing a few iconic villains is completely justified after getting the last few A-list protagonists (Villager, Mega Man, Pac Man, the Miis) into the game. I like characters like Shulk, Little Mac, Robin, Greninja, and Palutena and think they're deserving themselves but to say they should be a higher priority then Ridey, K. Rool, and especially Mewtwo just because they're good guys is ludicrous. Its like saying Issac, Little Mac, or Andy should have automatically gotten in over Dedede and Meta Knight back in Brawl just because the three are protagonists.

2. We know he already put in Bowser Jr. (and he looks AWESOME btw). So you cant even use the villains aren't important card against the Big 3.

3. Sakurai's goal is pretty much to please and cater to as many fans as possible so. Ridley's pretty much the only viable Metroid rep and Mewtwo is not only the most requested character period and a beloved veteran on top of that but Pokémon fans (and more specifically gen 1 fans) already lost Squirtle and Ivysaur and pretty much deserve something to make up for it. K. Rool is different since Dixie Kong is also a strong choice for the 3rd DK rep but frankly both should be playable to begin with and Donkey Kong certainly warrants such representation.

Speculator

Smash Ace
Spectator, it's not about having villains for the sake of having more villains. It's having villains for the sake of the huge proportion of fans more intrigued by playing as villains than as protagonists.
Smash is just not a series about adhering to fan requests. In some cases like Sonic and Mega Man they are taken into account. In most cases, Sakurai develops the game based around what he thinks is appropriate. No good designer pays too much notice of internet forums and message boards because they make up such a small fraction of people that actually play the game. Yes, they're the most dedicated, but they're not representative of the entire audience.

Ill give you Megaman, Villager, Little Mac, Jr. and Palutena. Shulk in japan but lets be honest he was only included for marketing his new game. The Fe characters were marketing. Barely anybody wanted Pac Man or Duck Hunt Dog (I see there appeal but its the truth) as well as any of the other newcomers.
Is Shulk even in XCX? It looks more to me like he was included because he offers unique abilities with the Monado. I was rather hoping this "Smash is about marketing other games" nonsense would be dead by now.

Also, what kind of idiot would market a Q2 2012 3DS game with a Q4 2014 game?

I like characters like Shulk, Little Mac, Robin, Greninja, and Palutena and think they're deserving themselves but to say they should be a higher priority then Ridey, K. Rool, and especially Mewtwo just because they're good guys is ludicrous.
It's more like they take priority over villains from their own series. I'll leave Pokemon out because it's weird to call any of them heroes or villains, but obviously Robin should take precedent over a Fire Emblem villain and Palutena over a Kid Icarus villain. We spend so much time with those characters when we're playing the games they're from; we know them best and we connect with them. Villains, by design, are important characters with limited actual appearances in their games. As for K. Rool and Ridley, now might be a good time to start questioning if there are other issues holding them back rather than hoping they'll carry through just on importance.

Last edited:

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Smash is just not a series about adhering to fan requests. In some cases like Sonic and Mega Man they are taken into account. In most cases, Sakurai develops the game based around what he thinks is appropriate. No good designer pays too much notice of internet forums and message boards because they make up such a small fraction of people that actually play the game. Yes, they're the most dedicated, but they're not representative of the entire audience
Don't even disagree with that. I've argued similar points on other topics.

But when a huge demographic (those attracted to playing as villain personalities) gets completely ignored, it's very understandable that we feel hard done by.

I never expected him to cater purely to hardcore gamer Internet forumites.
But at least just one of the top 3 demanded characters who were all major villains (according to polls after mega an was already in) would have been fair IMO.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Smash is good because heroes can duke it out amongst themselves. Can Mario beat Link? Blah Blah.

Now with Mii's, you can customize how you would fight as a Nintendo character and pit yourself against Nintendo icons.

Villains are important as well. Not only can villains fight each other, but you can switch out villains so Ganondorf battles Mario and Link battles Bowser. That is why I think the bigger franchises that do have villains, should have their villains represented.

Mewtwo, King K. Rool, and Ridley should all be in this one even though it seems that is probably not in the cards. Ganondorf should have at least one B special from his games.

ferioku

Smash Ace
I honestly need to let this out, because some people seriously think wolf is a clone when he clearly isn't, the only thing he has similar to fox/falco is his up special, down special and to some extent, his side special, the land master is a final smash that could have easily been changed. I find it seriously unfair that Wolf would ever get the cut because he's more deserving of a spot than Lucina or Dark Pit! I'm beginning to see how Mewtwo fans are feeling. Hope he is in the game though...-_-

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
Don't even disagree with that. I've argued similar points on other topics.

But when a huge demographic (those attracted to playing as villain personalities) gets completely ignored, it's very understandable that we feel hard done by.

I never expected him to cater purely to hardcore gamer Internet forumites.
But at least just one of the top 3 demanded characters who were all major villains (according to polls after mega an was already in) would have been fair IMO.
This. K rool and mewtwo are probably some of the only characters both west and east wholeheartedly agree on; to ignore that is frustrating because the want is obvious amongst the fanbase worldwide.

Road Death Wheel

Smash Champion
NNID
Kairos-Xman
3DS FC
2406-5636-9789
I honestly need to let this out, because some people seriously think wolf is a clone when he clearly isn't, the only thing he has similar to fox/falco is his up special, down special and to some extent, his side special, the land master is a final smash that could have easily been changed. I find it seriously unfair that Wolf would ever get the cut because he's more deserving of a spot than Lucina or Dark Pit! I'm beginning to see how Mewtwo fans are feeling. Hope he is in the game though...-_-
Well we have no proff of dark pit being a clone yet. he could use a club for all we know. (i still would rather hades)

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
Of course, there are not a lot of villains in the game, the descriptions even say Nintendo's greatest heroes. :awesome:
In all seriousness, more villains pls.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
I know Ill be destroyed if he is truly cut and will have to start campaigning for his return via dlc.

Sykkamorre

Fights using psychology.
NNID
Sykkamor
Surely, if toon link gets a spot... then toon Gannon should've been a contender.
A two-sword wielding heavy char with a thunderball? Yes please!
Maybe throw in a zant or a...whatever that amusing tongue-waggling swordsman's name was from skyward sword.

And Dimentio/count bleck? Or even Mr. L! (if you would count him as a villain) Bro-bot all up in this hood!

If games that have been on Nintendo consoles are acceptable, dark prince of persia, Krauser from RE4 or maybe a bad guy from "Tales of...."

My point? Plenty of villains to use.

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Hey, if Bowser Jr really does have Koopalings as his alternate costumes and they each have their own voice acting, that kind of counts-ish.

One could also consider Robin to be a villain

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
So here's the list of villains that we have seen or could potentially see in Smash. The ones in bold are the ones that have appeared as playable characters; the ones that are struck out have been debunked as non-playable characters. Quite a diverse cast, I'm going to say.

P.S. I'm listing the most iconic and prevalent antagonists in their respective mythos, it does not have to be the Big Bad or the final boss.

P.P.S. Obviously, there will be spoilers.

Animal Crossing - N/A (Tom Nook?)
Donkey Kong - King K. Rool
Duck Hunt - N/A (Dog?)
F-Zero - Black Shadow
Fire Emblem - Grima (I'm counting Robin there)
Game and Watch - N/A
R.O.B. - N/A
Ice Climbers - N/A (Condor?)
Kid Icarus - Medusa / Hades
Kirby - King Dedede / Nightmare Wizard
Mega Man - Dr Wily
Metal Gear - Liquid Snake
Metroid - Ridley / Mother Brain
Mother - Porky
Pac-Man - Inky, Pinky, Blinky and Clyde / any of the Pac-Man World villains
Pikmin - N/A (Louie, Plasmwraith?)
Pokémon - Mewtwo / any of the team leaders
Punch-Out!! - Pick your favourite boxer
Sonic the Hedgehog - Dr Eggman
Star Fox - Wolf O'Donnell (Smash 4 debatable?) / Andross
Super Mario Bros. - Bowser
The Legend of Zelda - Ganondorf
Wario - Captain Syrup
Wii Fit - N/A
Xenoblade - Metal Face / Sorean
Yoshi - Kamek / Baby Bowser (Bowser Jr as a spiritual successor?)

There's a lot of villains to go around, needless to say. I think we're not doing too shabby, all things considered.

EDIT: Tweaked and sorted it a wee bit.

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
So here's the list of villains that we have seen or could potentially see in Smash. The ones in bold are the ones that have appeared as playable characters; the ones that are struck out have been debunked as non-playable characters. Quite a diverse cast, I'm going to say!

N.B. I'm listing the most iconic and prevalent antagonists in their respective mythos, not the Big Bad or the final boss.

Animal Crossing - N/A (Tom Nook?)
Donkey Kong - King K. Rool
F-Zero - Black Shadow
Fire Emblem - Grima (I'm counting Robin there)
Game and Watch - N/A
R.O.B. - N/A
Ice Climbers - N/A (Condor?)
Kid Icarus - Hades
Kirby - King Dedede
Mega Man - Dr Wily
Metal Gear - Liquid Snake
Metroid - Ridley
Mother - Porky
Pac-Man - Inky, Pinky, Blinky and Clyde
Pikmin - N/A (Louie?)
Pokémon - Mewtwo
Punch-Out!! - N/A (Mr Sandman?)
Sonic the Hedgehog - Dr Eggman
Star Fox - Wolf O'Donnell (Smash 4 debatable?)
Super Mario Bros. - Bowser
Link - Ganondorf
Wario - Captain Syrup
Wii Fit - N/A
Xenoblade - Metal Face
Yoshi - Kamek

There's a lot of villains to go around, needless to say. I think we're not doing too shabby, all things considered.
You didn't bold Mewtwo or Bowser. Also, Mewtwo totally isn't a villain at all.

Mike Tyson for Smash

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
You didn't bold Mewtwo or Bowser.
Ahh, I missed that. Good catch, that man.

Also, Mewtwo totally isn't a villain at all.
He's as close as we're likely to see. A more appropriate villain would be Giovanni or Lysandre, but Mewtwo fits as an antagonistic boss. ;3

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Ahh, I missed that. Good catch, that man.

He's as close as we're likely to see. A more appropriate villain would be Giovanni or Lysandre, but Mewtwo fits as an antagonistic boss. ;3
I suppose since he's kind of the final challenge, but I always think of Blue/Gary/Assbutt as the antagonist for RBY, myself. Thing about Pokemon is that no two generations have the same villain, so it's difficult.

If Sakurai hadn't done the thing where he stabs me in the heart and cut Pokemon Trainer with the switchiness, I'd have really wanted a second Trainer. I had been between May (Using Snivy, Quilava and Swampert to represent the rest of the generations) or Blue (Using a Flareon, Jolteon and Vaporeon).

In the end though, I dunno. Sometimes it's just who Nintendo/Game Freak wants to make popular. There's really no other reason why Lucario is in Smash

Top Bottom