• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Villager Video Thread

MadCanard

Smash Apprentice

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Episode 5 of my series with Buttercup! (Dark Green Girl Villager)
I would so love to mirror your Villager now that you main them (or just battle your mains w/e), shame I don't have a Wii U

Last edited:

PEPESPAIN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PEPESPAIN
3DS FC
1306-8476-2667
I posted this on PACMAN Forum, maybe you are interested too:

Jellyfishn

Smash Journeyman
A grand finals set where I went villager the first match. I should have stayed Villagr the whole time as I feel I just didn't play too smart that match and I had taken games off him with Villager when I played against him in Winners Semis.

Any tips would be appreciated!

Player-1

Smash Legend
Some videos of my villager. I managed to beat my state's best rosalina (Currently ranked #6 on our PR) even though it's a pretty bad MU (but to be fair I don't think he was playing his best this day even in other sets I watched him play, still good set though). Then lost to my state's best falcon (imo, best falcon right now and #3 on our PR).

Vs. Rosalina
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8tmfE484i0

Vs. Falcon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKnTBRDUjiw

CometShred

Smash Cadet
NNID
CometShred
3DS FC
3325-2480-3048
I hope one day I can get my Villager gameplay to be as good or mirror zeezee or AceStar

you guys are truly amazing Villagers

ScrubCakes

Smash Rookie
Some videos of my villager. I managed to beat my state's best rosalina (Currently ranked #6 on our PR) even though it's a pretty bad MU (but to be fair I don't think he was playing his best this day even in other sets I watched him play, still good set though). Then lost to my state's best falcon (imo, best falcon right now and #3 on our PR).

Out of curiosity P1, why didn't you use Diddy in those games? Rosalina and Falcon are not good MU for Villager right? Good games btw

Player-1

Smash Legend
I just wanted to play Villager, I have a lot of pride for both of my characters and want to prove my Villager is good too so I don't always want to just stick with diddy

CometShred

Smash Cadet
NNID
CometShred
3DS FC
3325-2480-3048
does anyone have any advice they could give me to help improve my villager gameplay, I really want to pick him up as my secondary.

Jon_14

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jon_14
3DS FC
1993-8945-7042
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLcLTb3X7V3q3kX6KHO54dabgjUWGKy5EA

I had an really odd night playing as Villager on For Glory. I wasn't sucking, but it was just the opponents I ran into ranging from good to bad/spam happy. So I saved some replays and decided to share. Sometimes I wonder about certain people on For Glory e.e

Unfortunately I don't have a capture card so hopefully Vita quality recordings are okay here.

Last edited:

wiiqwertyuiop

Smash Cadet
Hey guys I played against darkpch recently on his stream and got destroyed (not surprisingly). I was hoping I could get some help with my villager and gameplay in general:

twitch.tv/darkpch/b/627182485?t=12m30s

Thanks!

ElRammo

Smash Rookie
Hey, I'm a villager main from the UK. I've made a few vids of just some styling. They are montages, but give em a look they are not just me F-smashing. The 2nd one shows my customs setup (Pushy Loid, Explosive Balloon Trip and Timber Counter).

Oh - can't post links yet. My YT channel is ElRammo, lemme know if you look. Otherwise I'll be back here in like 10 posts.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
in the meantime, i finally have some more of my replays uploaded,

heres the first of the lot,

edit:
got some more uploaded, google chrome was being weird and crashed while my vids were uploading.

Edit 2:

Last edited:

CometShred

Smash Cadet
NNID
CometShred
3DS FC
3325-2480-3048
hey just a quick question on everyones c-stick setup, are you using them for tilts or smashes?

currently i have mine set up for tilts, but thats just because thats what i like for my main, but since i want to make villager my secondary, i wasn't sure if making my c-stick do smashes make him easier to play. so far i've been managing to still do well with how I'm already set up, but when it comes to dropping the bowling ball off the edge, i have a hard time setting up the f-smash. hence the question about everyones c-stick setup! (:

zeezee

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4485-0319-8479
hey just a quick question on everyones c-stick setup, are you using them for tilts or smashes?

currently i have mine set up for tilts, but thats just because thats what i like for my main, but since i want to make villager my secondary, i wasn't sure if making my c-stick do smashes make him easier to play. so far i've been managing to still do well with how I'm already set up, but when it comes to dropping the bowling ball off the edge, i have a hard time setting up the f-smash. hence the question about everyones c-stick setup! (:
Without a doubt tilts, I think every serious Villager main should do themselves the favor of setting their c-stick to "attack" as it makes it much easier to do retreating fairs/bairs/Nairs. C-stick being set to smash is literally like glitched or something as when a direction is pressed on the C-stick, it stops the analog stick from registering any inputs, causing your fast falled fairs and bairs to be slower and not fast falled at all.

Its also a good practice in general to start becoming accustomed to pivot tilts which are really amazing and only limited by how fast your hands can be. Basically you can do a dance trot into an F-tilt or D-tilt which is essentially like canceling your run animation into a tilt. They are pretty difficult to do, with D-tilt being harder to perform because you have to manually turn around unlike f-tilt that automatically turns you around depending which direction you press on the c-stick, but this kind of stuff makes villagers punish options/approach so much better and safer imo. Using the C-stick to do the tilts obviously makes this process significantly easier than without it given the precision required to do tilts quickly.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I keep it on smash, if you just flick the c stick and not hold it then it's fine. I don't like villager's c stick on attack because then I'll accidentally fall off a ledge while I'm dropping bowling balls when I use A + control stick

CometShred

Smash Cadet
NNID
CometShred
3DS FC
3325-2480-3048
Without a doubt tilts, I think every serious Villager main should do themselves the favor of setting their c-stick to "attack" as it makes it much easier to do retreating fairs/bairs/Nairs. C-stick being set to smash is literally like glitched or something as when a direction is pressed on the C-stick, it stops the analog stick from registering any inputs, causing your fast falled fairs and bairs to be slower and not fast falled at all.

Its also a good practice in general to start becoming accustomed to pivot tilts which are really amazing and only limited by how fast your hands can be. Basically you can do a dance trot into an F-tilt or D-tilt which is essentially like canceling your run animation into a tilt. They are pretty difficult to do, with D-tilt being harder to perform because you have to manually turn around unlike f-tilt that automatically turns you around depending which direction you press on the c-stick, but this kind of stuff makes villagers punish options/approach so much better and safer imo. Using the C-stick to do the tilts obviously makes this process significantly easier than without it given the precision required to do tilts quickly.

thanks so much for answering my question and I definitely agree with all the points you made, so I'm definitely going to keeps my C-stick on attack, I'll just get better at bringing out the bowling ball!

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
Even more Villager =D
You are a godsend for me at work. I work graveyard at a hotel and 90% of my job is sitting around waiting for something to happen, I usually play your "undefeatable" videos in the background while browsing reddit and tumblr. You have the cutest villager <3

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
http://youtu.be/Nl7obnUyL3Q

@ Antonykun Antonykun here's a video, it's from my 3DS though, so I made some mistakes that I might have not made if I was playing on my Wii U
Late IK but I noticed that you didn't do enough N-airs and by enough I mean any. Also when you were in the lead you had no reason to go rushing in like that. let him come to you and punish him for that.

CometShred

Smash Cadet
NNID
CometShred
3DS FC
3325-2480-3048
hey @ zeezee zeezee it was awesome to get to watch your matches on Team Spooky's stream! I learned a lot from watching you play

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
ive got a few vids for a little gandering

Last edited:

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
Why didn't I use this thread earlier?

I also plan to post a video of where I was facing Diddy as Villager, and two-stocked the Diddy player with only taking 7% of damage. (I laughed, but felt bad)

zeezee

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4485-0319-8479
I finally got a chance to get some decent footage on stream after such a long time. I've gotten a decent amount of chances to get on stream too, but every time I do, the footage either disappears/corrupts or I do badly lmao. Despite my opponents unfortunate suicides, however, I really liked my play in this one so I decided to upload it. I was playing around with actually using the banana instead of just re-pocketing it all the time and I think its working out nicely for me! I actually did really nicely at smash attack getting 4th place and even beating out players like Ninjalink and John Numbers. My fellow Villager maining crew mate GoldTStar also did really nicely! Suffice to say, the Villager boys definitely came through that day lmao.

Top Bottom