• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] - Miles' Warehouse - January 4-5, 2014 - OP Updated

Dekar289

Smash Hero
small, but new slhq will be a great venue
might be big if we have a feb tourney, with the post hype from miles house and it still being summer and uni holidays

Tomiie

Smash Apprentice
Is there gonna be pools for brawl singles, or is it gonna be bracket right away?

Splice

Smash Hero
from op

SATURDAY
- 12:00pm: Melee/Brawl Pools
- 02:30pm: Melee/Brawl Teams
- 05:00pm: SSB64 Singles, Project M Singles
- 08:00pm: Crews/Hype/Money Matches

SUNDAY
- 01:00pm: Melee/Brawl Singles to top 4
- 05:00pm: Amateur Brackets
- 07:00pm: Finals

Tomiie

Smash Apprentice
Oh, lol, how did I forget to check the op. :/
Thanks, Splice.

Splice

Smash Hero
Game and Watch
GnW
W = double u = dubs

come on man get it together
Gdubs

Danza

Smash Apprentice
Ohh... nah man i think i have given up on GnW lol, i could hardly win any games, i did the same to Pit.
GnW in your hands is a God, but i would love to play your GnW with mine for fun, hopefully in friendlies :)
Or if we ever were to team up in doubles i will use him.

Tomiie

Smash Apprentice
Got a CRT TV that has been lying around for a while. I still have to run a few tests to see it it works 100%. I'll be bringing it to this tourney, and after the tourney I'll no longer want it, so whoever wants it can take it for free.

It's pretty big and heavy, a little dirty (I'll take care of this) and got one damaged AV cable input, however there are two other AV cable inputs which are fine.

milestaf

Smash Cadet
Ok so I've decided its ganna $15 per day but hold your hats because I've thought up some new great options.

Option A. Any profit left over for venue stuff and stuff I'l have to rent gets divided and given back to attendees
Option B. Everyone who attends this year gets 5$ off each day on the inevitable miles' warehouse 2 next year
Option C. Bulk ordering pizza / food with the profits for Saturday night (and maybe even a slab or 2 for BBQ at mine on sunday)
Option D. Put it into pots of singles and let Dekar eat it up

So i know 15 seems like a lot but I'm just pricing it as such as a safeguard. One way or another you will get a rebate.

Tomiie

Smash Apprentice
I know it's hard organizing a tournament on your own, so I think the price is fair, but $15 is too much for that joint, I personally haven't seen it, but apparently it doesn't look to good.

Can you at least give discounts for people who bring setups? Like $2 off for a Wii/GC and $3 for a TV.

Also with the options I'd go with D, but also maybe extend the pot to 4th aswell?

milestaf

Smash Cadet
I know it's hard organizing a tournament on your own, so I think the price is fair, but $15 is too much for that joint, I personally haven't seen it, but apparently it doesn't look to good.

Can you at least give discounts for people who bring setups? Like $2 off for a Wii/GC and $3 for a TV.

Also with the options I'd go with D, but also maybe extend the pot to 4th aswell?

I'm supplying Tvs and I think bringing the consoles you're going to play on should be something you want to do regardless. I'm not sure how much research you've done on rent prices for venues but i think 30 bucks all up for 48 hours 24/7 venue access is more than fair, especially considering everything is non profit and I've said if there is any money left you will get it back in one form or another.

At the moment I'm looking into all the extras such as hiring trailers for setup and pack up. There's also the Friday that I'm not working so that i can set up (obviously i don't expect anything for this) but i assure you I'm giving a lot more to this than $30 for a weekend.

I really want to assure people that the pricing is because I'm sure there are going to be extra costs in logistics and if not I'm happy to give it all back.

On the note of consoles I'd love it if anyone willing to bring a setup would post here in this thread.

Also has anyone seen my copy of melee? It disappeared from bus' house after the last meet. It had a "freeloader" case with it.

milestaf

Smash Cadet
Also the options I've listed are not the be all end all. If someone has a better idea or suggestion it would be welcome.

Tomiie

Smash Apprentice
I apologize if I came off as a jerk in my last post... I see there are a lot more costs then just the venue now.

Thanks for this tourney man, keep up the fantastic work!

milestaf

Smash Cadet
I apologize if I came off as a jerk in my last post... I see there are a lot more costs then just the venue now.

Thanks for this tourney man, keep up the fantastic work!
Thanks for understanding. Sorry to write a big rant at you.

Bringing 2 TV's, 2 Wii's and a recording setup.
Thanks for posting and bringing consoles bro. Only bring the TVs if you really want to or have a car or something cause we have heaps we can get from shadowloo.

A Dumb Monkee

Smash Cadet
I can bring a GC and a pretty small, but easy to move TV. Miles are you going to need any extension cords or power strips?

Also what is parking like at the venue?

Last edited:

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
like option C best, never really cared for pots but I guess most people who don't usually place in the money are like that

shall I look after Brawl?

will also bring consoles + laptop if requires

and what I really wanna know is if Tibs is coming to this. and if the OP's claim that earl and Chris coming is true and not Dekar hyperbole.

milestaf

Smash Cadet
I can bring a GC and a pretty small, but easy to move TV. Miles are you going to need any extension cords or power strips?

Also what is parking like at the venue?

parking is strange its supposed to be short time / residential but the venue is at the end of a dead end street and there is no proper signage.
A bag with power strips and an extension or two never goes astray. As for the TV I wouldn't worry but bring the console and copy of melee for sure!

like option C best, never really cared for pots but I guess most people who don't usually place in the money are like that

shall I look after Brawl?

will also bring consoles + laptop if requires

and what I really wanna know is if Tibs is coming to this. and if the OP's claim that earl and Chris coming is true and not Dekar hyperbole.

I can't answer your question about Chris and Earl but consoles and a laptop would be amazing. Also if you're putting your hand up to be the TO for brawl that would be lovely assuming you know what your doing etc.

S.D

Smash Master
Nice work Miles, EDIT: I NOW HAVE TO WORK FRIDAY so I won't be able to help set up UNTIL 7pm ONWARD if required. This also means someone else will have to collect Dekar for setup. Sorry guys.

OTHER STUFF - On the equipment front please don't tell people not to bring tvs, it is ALWAYS better to have surplus than not enough. I have two CRTS I'll bring but only one cube, plus a recording setup.

With regards to the venue fee - I'm not sure what the situation with tournament entry fees are at present but I might suggest simply using any venue fee profit for doubles pots and charge entry ONLY for singles. That way people are paying a maximum of $40 if they enter everything which is reasonable for a two day event.

Also guys I need a place to crash on Friday/Saturday so offers are appreciated. Phil/Attila?

EDIT: Also guys we will scope out the parking situation during Friday setup and post ASAP so you can prepare.

Last edited:

Hardpelicn

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0447-5409-6382
Yeah, bringing TV's will be no issue, but I'm working late the Friday night so I'm just gonna have to bring them early on the Saturday.
Also, who's not doing anything Wednesday and wants to play Melee? :D:D

milestaf

Smash Cadet
OTHER STUFF - On the equipment front please don't tell people not to bring tvs, it is ALWAYS better to have surplus than not enough. I have two CRTS I'll bring but only one cube, plus a recording setup.

Yeah good point. Everyone should bring TVs if it's convenient.

Bu$

HoC
Yeah, bringing TV's will be no issue, but I'm working late the Friday night so I'm just gonna have to bring them early on the Saturday.
Also, who's not doing anything Wednesday and wants to play Melee? :D:D
Yeah man keen for melee. I'm keen to host a pre tounrament melee session Wednesday/ Thursday this week if people are keen.

S.D

Smash Master
I have Wednesday/Thursday off and am fanging for some practice.

ALSO - in regards to the scheduling - is that just a rough guide? I'd like to be out of there a little sooner than 7pm finals..

SurPr15e

Smash Journeyman
Greetings from India. Will there be a livestream at all? Or will Pelican or Dean record the matches. I really want to see 64 and Melee. Dekar to win Melee for Boronia.

Top Bottom