• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] Melbourne CouchWarriors 2011 - AGM News

Would you like to see a cash prize pool? (Public vote)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
So kiddies, its now officially November, whos going to be the first to host myself and Em for half of the elite 4 representing? LOL. I'm crap tbh, I haven't played Smash Bros for like.. 3 years. Also, Brawl is gay. I've played it for about 4 hours all up. Its collecting dust in the corner.

Forte4Tei

Smash Apprentice
Mikul/Em/Jon:

FYI Dekar is having a STD on the 13/14/15 of November, depending on people's availability. He can only host a few people though.

kupo

Smash Lord
I can only make Sundays :<. Fridays/Sats are reserved (unless its a monthly or major hehe). Could possibly make Friday but I have work placement for another 3 weeks :/. So can only attend for a few hours which in the end wouldn't be worth it at all.

Maybe I should host something one day. It's been sooooo long since I had a meet haha. Sometime in the future ;).

Come anyways Tak LOL! You hosting anytime soon Fortei? :p

Hey Jon, dont worry, I'm bad too! :p!

Forte4Tei

Smash Apprentice
Lol, maybe after exams ;) ;)

It's probably more of a bbq and celebration + Cobalt's 18th which I haven't told him about yet :)

Oh and also Sam's bday which will be coming up soon after :D

When I mean more of a bbq and celebration that doesn't exclude smash :D

Forte4Tei

Smash Apprentice
Well it's still an idea in mind, may or mayn't happen =/

And I'm not sure if I'm going to Dekar's yet either.

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
LOL Em, I love the SMS abbrev. sounds like one of mine or Shaz's creations, but I could be wrong. Lets all do one, let me get the balls rolling:

Flailing Aerial Lovemaking Combat On Ness!

BTW, I was totally free today and I was gonna see if you had the day off, but I got lazy and watched VHS tapes of myself playing F-Zero X on n64 instead.. lol! What a life.

bylim5

Smash Journeyman
Tak's proposal sounds logical to me. Anyway, it'll be fantastic to have a pure Melee day once again like old times. We could have Melee low tier or crews after singles and teams, or we can stick to the same timetable by replacing brawl singles which happens first, with Melee low tier (or any other suggested rules).

However! If this idea clashes with the 'Hybrid' idea that was adopted a few months ago, then i understand.

But then again, 21/22nd is a hybrid smash weekend anyway.
...and this is MY tournament. :) <3

(Ignore the fact i posted this at 4:48am. FML)

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
did someone call for me?

jk jk jk
omg, so into yourself. all jks are half true you know ;)

this date isn't set in stone btw, will keep you guys updated!

and yes this is stigma-bwyan, so he gets to do what he wants!

earla

Smash Lord
vote brawl singles.

anyone good at melee live on hurstbridge train line? lookin for some games

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
It's called helping =P

As Bryan would probably just attempt to sort this stuff out on the day it's best to sort it out beforehand

bylim5

Smash Journeyman
I was always willing to have this time for people to discuss what they want or any other suggestions beforehand, before the tournament date.

If people want brawl teams or singles, i'll be reading what everyone will say, and not simply deciding what do on the day. Have faith, Tak. Geez =)

Anyway, I'm craving for Melee practice/training, this weekend or next weekend. Let's play! :D

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
I vote everything Melee...and then some more Melee. Not enough Melee lol.
STIGMA-B should be changed to Melee also.
But on a serious note, Melee teams and singles of course, then Brawl teams is my vote.
<3 Dekar

Vermy

Smash Champion
I suggest Brawl 4v4 crews.
Means both days, Melee Singles, Melee Doubles, Brawl Singles and Brawl Doubles with no double ups.

It also means people have time to assemble 4 man (or woman, haiz Leisha and Kupo =D) Crews before the event.

If no one bites on the idea, then Brawl singles.

earla

Smash Lord
i get the impression the out of state attention is primarily from brawlers. it's well worth coming here for 2 tournaments and brawl being a part of both days.

Vermy

Smash Champion
i get the impression the out of state attention is primarily from brawlers. it's well worth coming here for 2 tournaments and brawl being a part of both days.
Qft. As aforementioned, removing Brawl completely eliminates the "hybrid" factor completely. Its all good and well for people like me who have Street Fighter to occupy me on the day, but a fair few others won't bother if there's no Brawl event of some sort.

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
Guys I was joking about the 4v4 melee thing >_>

Anyway I vote for 4v4 crews for Brawl purely for the ability to make a melee***s crew =D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom