• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] BAM6 announced, May 9-11 2014! Congrats to Dekar, SD and Shaya!

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
We would never block you from entering, Jason.

Nova has had issues with various members of the brawl community and hates the game itself, so he'd prefer to stop you from playing it.

As far as alternatives go, I think peepee could be interesting... dehf and fiction are two others that come to mind. Ideally people who play both games at a high level.

Hughie

Smash Lad
I've seen a lot of Dr Peepee Dr Peepee 's gameplay and he's really damn good at Melee.

Haven't seen him play Brawl for whatever reason though.
When you hyperlink people like that do they get magically summoned? :D

Also Jason please don't just do Melee. Melee's still amazing, but the diversity of the games (except 64) is amazing here in Aus and restricting you to one game would just be unfair.

Last edited:

pikmin.org

Smash Apprentice
We would never block you from entering, Jason.

Nova has had issues with various members of the brawl community and hates the game itself, so he'd prefer to stop you from playing it.

As far as alternatives go, I think peepee could be interesting... dehf and fiction are two others that come to mind. Ideally people who play both games at a high level.
Does Fiction even play Brawl any more though?

Remastered

Smash Lord
Would love to meet Larry or Chu. +1 for Tinman's choices.

I intend to come to this providing it doesn't clash with lansmash/event times up here (with BC in western QLD, I'll be running the tournaments for a while).

Last edited:

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I play some Brawl, but not really that seriously anymore. Someone is paying my entry to have me team with them at a Brawl doubles tourney this weekend though LOL

Anyway, my schedule is hard to work with and I'm not a Brawl pro so I'm probably not a good pick. Hope you guys have a good time with whoever comes though =)

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
oh I wasn't talking about Nova stopping me from playing it, he's done more for probably BOTH scenes than anyone in the world and i know him a lot better than you know him. I was talking about some of the Aus guys (mainly Brawlers, you seem to be one with your earlier post) who have banned or discouraged other people from sponsoring me and some overseas players from winning money in aus before. Nova has done the complete opposite, there's a reason I use his tags in my matches except Sheik on Melee. the Aus scene were no where near as grateful given he from what I saw easily donated over 200k towards smash in all sorts of ways while its pretty obvious hes the most wealthy smasher in the world, it doesn't matter, as he said earlier which was deleted when he called you out for lying about him on a site where you know he'll be deleted rather than allow his response stick, the melee players are always more grateful towards stuff like that (evo for example). and since you didn't get the point the first time, I wasn't directing the "blocked from games" post at Nova as every1 knows i prefer Melee anyway, I was directing it at people like yourself who get all whiny and "he'll just **** everyone, get someone else". did my tourney match with you on brawl last time I was there really hurt you that much? lol....I'm starting to believe Nova about the majority of aus brawlers....jeez

Last edited:

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
^ do you want to come back to Aus for more lessons? My fee's gone up since last time.

Gonna put it out there that will M2K is a fantastic player of both games, last time he came, no one really learnt a whole lot. He just spent the entire time ****** everybody.
I learned a lot.. Only because I sat with him for about an hour playing friendlies and every time he combo'd me I asked if it was a set up or he just winged it.

p.s I went from 1 stocking turtle to a 4 stock after remembering 1 thing m2k told me.

p.p.s you are all quite terrible even if someone is literally screaming and pointing out exactly what you are doing wrong.. you still manage to do it wrong again anyway. Ther are probs.... 5 people in the entire Aus brawl scene who have made any decent progress in the last 5 years.

Last edited:

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Nova gave me a list of ppl the first time I was there to play against; nova reminded me that you (Zac) were one of the decent aus players, i remember our matches, you were probs more fun than anyone I played in the tourney. nova oddly has a soft spot for you despite the fact he knows you probs wouldn't like each other for too long, but i know he'd sponsor both of us.

Last edited:

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Jason as one of the people who would love to have you back in Melbourne, you don't really have a right to accuse people about being whiny and scared after asking them to pay for your ticket.
It sounds a lot like Nova is talking for you here but try to understand that if we were to donate towards an international player, we would like to invest our money towards someone who we can learn from/improve from skillwise.
Also I don't see your logic behind saying the Aus scene is ungrateful when you only ever post here to ask for donations. Then when I house you I barely get a few words out of
you..
Nova may be offering to pay for you but he's banning you from half the tournament. That sounds a lot like what you are accusing Aus brawlers of doing, you are only hearing his side of the story and believe me that's a mistake.

Either way, you still remain one of my favorite smashers and I would like to see you return

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Jason, copy and pasting posts that nova is feeding you isn't a good way to get us onside.

Perhaps if you had posted saying how you had matured in the last few years and would now be able to contribute something to our scene, or something similar, you might be able to generate more interest in your sponsorship.

But instead, you choose to flame the TO regarding issues you weren't even in the country to witness. Good job.

In which case, I'll say it openly, I don't want you at this tournament. If you're willing to start fights for Nova here, you'll be working with him to vex our thriving community. This is not something that I will tolerate in any fashion.

Jason, stop thinking of the money for one second and be reasonable; you're better than this.

S.D

Smash Master
No disrespect Jason, but you seem to have a black and white world view informed by money, donations and handouts. Handouts and wealth doesn't necessarily equate to 'good' or 'beneficial'. Particularly as a smaller national scene than the states, there are more intangibles that go along with these things. I unequivocally agree that Nova has been EXTREMELY generous in terms of supporting the global smash scene monetarily, (and also myself on several occasions) and that it has certainly been a huge leg up to its current standing, which we are all grateful for. However, you only see what you want to see, which is whatever benefits you personally.

@ Darkwing SykeDuk Darkwing SykeDuk - I'm glad you got something out of playing M2K when he was here last, but that didn't apply to everyone. Whenever I had the chance to play with him he just wanted to play 99 stock with puff and practice planking by the ledge. I had to money match him just to get a half decent effort out of him (one of which he pulled out of when it looked like he was going to lose a game :/), despite being one of the primary donors to getting him here.

If people want to support Jason coming here, that's fine, and I think people will get something out of his presence in one way or another, but I think if we are serious about flying someone out (which the community almost always fails to follow through on) they should consider other avenues.

Last edited:

Invisi

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3411-2321-4441
I appear to have walked into this thread at an awkward time... Nevertheless, I am very interested in coming to this event, and seeing all the great Melbourne people again!

There is also talk that Pokemon will make an appearance, but this will depend on the level of interest.
Any news on this? I'd be very interested in entering alongside smash.

Mozza

Smash Cadet
I'm not going to this, but if people don't want M2K to go you could invest the money into a killer sandwich buffet or summat. I've always felt tournaments could benefit from being catered.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
If Nova's going to completely sponsor M2K to come down, I don't really see why anyone would be against that.

It's not like that prevents the rest of us from sponsoring someone else too.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I'll place 4th or higher in melee guaranteed

vegemite triangles wouldn't make it past 9th at an aussie major

also I like those little party sausage rolls better

Last edited by a moderator:

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Attila - I get it, you're dramatic, suit yourself. Hope you guys have a blast lol

I learned a lot.. Only because I sat with him for about an hour playing friendlies and every time he combo'd me I asked if it was a set up or he just winged it.

p.s I went from 1 stocking turtle to a 4 stock after remembering 1 thing m2k told me.

p.p.s you are all quite terrible even if someone is literally screaming and pointing out exactly what you are doing wrong.. you still manage to do it wrong again anyway. Ther are probs.... 5 people in the entire Aus brawl scene who have made any decent progress in the last 5 years.
thank you Zakido lol

SurPr15e

Smash Journeyman
If PeePee can't do Brawl, then get him to do Melee. At least when we sponsor him, he'll benefit the Australian community and he won't care about the money. He'll only care about bringing more attention to the Australian scene because the point of having an international player is to generate attention at the place they are playing at. If they find it good, then more people will want to join and the player will help improve the status and location of where they are playing at.

Anyway, we need to stop bickering and fighting amongst ourselves. This is like Shadowloo Showdown all over again when people were saying that the tournament was going to be no good. Well we need to wake up and realise that no matter how much us or M2K and Nova argue, it won't solve anything. Besides, if we don't have any international players we can just use our own homemade Australian hype. Hype is what makes a tournament special and we have our own brand of that. When Toshiba decimated/crushed/eviscerated Bus at Miles House what did it create? Hype and a lot of it. We make our own hype with our own Smash moments. If M2K or any international player does not come don't fret. Me and Splice will provide the hype with our world famous money match and the rest of the Australian community can create the best hype moments ever especially you Dekar (Mr Hype) and you S.D (Greatest Aussie Falco) and if Dean gives me the chance again, I'll give everyone my hype commentary. Fact of the matter, we'll use hype if we don't get the internationals.

By the way. I hope PeePee does come because I am a HUGE fan of him (bigger than M2K), otherwise we should get Attila to bring Bombsoldier because at least the Japanese do their best to help and improve Smash and make our scene better. They are also very nice and have good decency, manners and personality.

SurPr15e

Smash Journeyman
PeePee is 23 years old. Fun fact, his birthday is 2 days after mine which is September 23. By the way Dean, thank you for appreciating my commentary, I hope it made your day and Penguin/Hughie, it was good teaming up with you. I can still hear my commentary on Scribble vs Shuvl with you. We need to team more in the future and if Allens is on Smashboards, we need to team up on commentary again. VIC and SA.

EDIT- Here is a song that could be used at BAM for a trailer or whatever. It sounds epic and the lyrics are good and give a kind of description of the community. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqk8PZZS20g. Just take the time to listen through it. It does not have screams for the conservative ones. Fun fact: It is also the theme for The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003). If you want a song that perfectly describes the feeling in ourselves while playing competitve Smash or just about the community, then listen to this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LusBXwf74E. Again no screams for the conservative ones.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
The time of the year for this may be quite awkward for me.

Also always fun times in the community for everyone!

Also, **** bringing in players, how about we bring in real titans? God Tier Commentators and/or other various AWESOME PERSONALITIES/COMEDIANS/CELEBRITIES.

I also like the idea of feeding us.

My opinion about bringing in players may be slightly biased because of how I've played too many of them and how **** they all are.

Also my money is always on Larry/DEHF. I would quite literally make a 500 item list of things I'd do with that guy in Australia. First thing is showing him Australian cheese.

Last edited:
Top Bottom