• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] 2011 CouchWarriors - 12th Nov - The Hive, Box Hill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
thanks jei!
as for melee crews uhhhhh i'll try piece it together from memory
let's see uhhh

timic (c), dekar, toshiba, earl, splice
vs
tak (c), redact, atticus, joey, attila

i think it started with joey beating timic with... 1 stock left
then toshi took care of joe... didn't drop a stock i think
tak comes in.. toshi wins with ??? left
atticus comes in, wins with ??? left
in goes earl, wins with ??? left
in goes attila, wins with 2 left
enter dekar, wins with 4 in the bank
redact comes in, dekar takes it with 2 left
splice need not play, timic's crew wins by 6

Splice

Smash Hero
so dissapointing that i didnt get to play in Melee crews.

Need to break 9th in Melee at some point ffs QQ

No brackets? also, i thought conor IceK and X didnt even enter, but you have them as DQ'd?
$payout was mediocre. Which is better than the average! :)

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
No brackets? also, i thought conor IceK and X didnt even enter, but you have them as DQ'd?
$payout was mediocre. Which is better than the average! :)
Splice the brackets were all done on paper, sry.

And yeah they entered but then withdrew. I forgot to fix that when I typed it up. Doesn't matter.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
haha they're grossly exaggerating aggro
they might have hit me twice consecutively at one point (most likely because i allowed it as part of a high level mindgame which obviously worked since we won) but everybody knows i don't die
joyous has my back

Aggromidget

Smash Apprentice
haha they're grossly exaggerating aggro
they might have hit me twice consecutively at one point (most likely because i allowed it as part of a high level mindgame which obviously worked since we won) but everybody knows i don't die
joyous has my back
or are YOU the one grossly exaggerating. i guess i wouldn't know about that high level mindgame, which you must teach me. a pikachu has your back, take it back!

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
Not sure if anyone really cares, but if anyone's desperate enough for Brawl videos I have some up on my channel again (Dean7599). A few sets missing though (singles winners' finals, doubles losers' finals, crews etc.).

Splice

Smash Hero
Yo Dean.

if my vid with Olimar vs your D3 in crews was recorded Dean, I'm keen for it to be uploaded.

In fact, any and all matches with Olimar I would very much appreciate being uploaded.
None of my GaW matches though, because they were either bad, or just boring and not worth uploading.

Unless you want to upload the match of my GaW vs your marth where you won, you had really good spacing on your first stock, shut me down for a bit, was good.

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
Crews wasn't on my Wii so not uploaded. That Wii didn't have unlimited replays or anything.

I uploaded all the matches I had except me vs. Joey because that's silly. Your Olimar vs. my Marth in singles is uploaded, as well as all your doubles matches vs. Toshi and I with him (excluding game 2 of winners' finals).

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
If anyone wants to help me find out what cords I need for this dazzle device, I'll be able to bring recording setups for smash.

I'm hopeless when it comes to figuring out technology so, help would be appreciated.

Splice

Smash Hero
ok thankyou very much Dean :)

What a champ, bringing videos and uploads back to the VIC scene which has been video-less since like, the start of 2010 :/ Whenever Tanman left :c

Cheers

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
If anyone wants to help me find out what cords I need for this dazzle device, I'll be able to bring recording setups for smash.

I'm hopeless when it comes to figuring out technology so, help would be appreciated.
If you're having trouble, you might want to shoot a PM Vlade's way. He wrote a nice guide in the Videography section of the boards about using Dazzle to record Smash.

AlsO Bill, the password you gave me for MelbourneBrawl didn't work.

Skeletom

Smash Journeyman
pretty sure with the dazzle you only need rca cords. you can either split the signal coming from the wii so that you have one going to the tv and the other going into your dazzle. Or you can use rca cords going from the output (on the tv) to your dazzle.

i can bring my setup to CW and show you how i do it.

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
Can we sort out a proper Brawl ruleset before the next tournament please? I'm tired of rocking up at tournaments and going:
"Hey Jei, what stages are legal?"
"I dunno."
"Well I think we should use this."
"Well I think we should use this..."

Would be nice to get something sorted since this will probably be the last tournament before BAM.

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
I'd support unity.

Personal preference would have Rainbow Ride removed but I'm not fussy. Just anything as long as we know what it is beforehand.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
unity is trash
i reckon people who want stupid stages are trying to make the game more 'fun' instead of competitive
and ofc course in brawl the 2 do not coexist

Splice

Smash Hero
Unity lol. How about we use whatever list they use at BaM2K11? Who is Brawl TO at BaM2K11?
@that person: Make a good decision on stagelist ASAP
If that is Unity though, and you remove Rainbow Ride and not Brinstar, then that is bad.

Lylat as starter please. Either FD or PS1 are better choices to be moved to CPs.

Splice

Smash Hero
yep I've read all of the JTHM series Tom. I also read all of SQUEE but I cant find the books in my house anymore... I am very distressed.

Since you know JTHM I might as well ask do you own either of the two "I Feel Sick" books? I haven't been able to find them myself.

Skeletom

Smash Journeyman
didn't know about "i feel sick" but devi was a sick character. only read jthm after someone gave me the director's edition book/thingy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom